AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 48 35.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 29.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 19.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.75%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-25, 13:25   Link #141
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Charlotte is easily the best character in this series though. Loved the excellent team combat with her and Ichika. Never thought we'd see something that had that solid level to it. The combination with him and Rin the other episode was pretty unstable, but here it worked well. They covered for each other well and would have had a very nice win if Laura hadn't used that weird system to throw things into chaos. But even then a smart power transfer from Charlotte helped things to work out.

Have to agree Charlotte handled things well. She's slowly raised up a ton of flags with Ichika, gotten into close contact quite a few times, and clearly has gotten him to recognize her as a girl to think about. Now she can walk around freely and be more open with her actions.

I can't believe how far Rin especially has fallen as a character. Her weak fighting was bad enough, but at the end here she's just lost it. She got all over Houki for swinging her sword at someone who might not be able to defend, but then she attacks Ichika with her IS while blasting through the school!? Her character has just hit rock bottom.
Old 2011-02-25, 13:50   Link #142
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Just watched EP8. I guess I was right.

Charlotte returns as herself. I guess that Ichika is the only one who was male in this Girl-only school.
Old 2011-02-25, 13:56   Link #143
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

I have to say, Inoue is perfect for Laura, reminds me of Tsukiumi from Sekirei.

The development of some of the girls has really suffered though. Maybe it's due to the length of the series? Seems like Cecilia and Rin got about one episode (if that) then faded away.
Old 2011-02-25, 14:20   Link #144
TrueKnight

Agreed. Cecilia actually had a character in ep 1 and 2 but went downhill from 3 onwards when she's degraded into an Ichika fangirl. Rin sufferred similar fate with Cecilia only getting 2 eps worth development before joining the fanclub. Houki had some rather decent backstory but too less interaction with Ichika and her tsundere denial isn't much of a help. Laure spent 2 eps being a bitch before miracalously joining the harem.

Imo Charles so far got the best development and interaction with the hero with only 4 eps worth where each ep really added her characterization. Finally her gentle personality and honesty really helps her getting the edge over the other girls.
Old 2011-02-25, 14:40   Link #145
ReddyRedWolf

Anybody else thinking Laura is a Cinque expy from Nanoha? Short, petite, white hair, eye patch, bad ass super soldier...

Spoiler for Cinque and Laura:

We already have a Strike Witches Minna expy in the Trio.

Spoiler for Minna and expy:
Old 2011-02-25, 15:19   Link #146
Yusei Fudo
Banned

I am scared that Charlotte may be forced to move out of Ichika's room D: I HOPE NOT DX
Old 2011-02-25, 15:33   Link #147
Throne Zwei
Londo Bell Taskforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusei Fudo View Post
I am scared that Charlotte may be forced to move out of Ichika's room D: I HOPE NOT DX
I will spare you the bad news.
Old 2011-02-25, 15:38   Link #148
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throne Zwei View Post
I will spare you the bad news.
Wild speculation: Charlotte will be roomed with Laura now, Houki can come back to her beloved punchbag. I-it's not like I want to see him get violated o-or anything... really!
Old 2011-02-25, 15:42   Link #149
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Is it just me or the Valkyrie System and Ichika doing kendo fight are lame? I don't understand why would Ichika being so pissed when something mimicking his sister? Perhaps, he has sister complex as well?
People can get pretty possessive about their variant of a martial arts especially when its in the family.
Old 2011-02-25, 15:56   Link #150
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The problem is that Ichika was not even hinted having such obsession. To begin with, he was portrayed as basically a "go home club", and didn't really practiced Kendo until he get in touch with Houki (note that I wonder how he could have the time to practice Kendo AND Iaido/Kenjutsu).
So having Ichika going panzer about it was basically nonsensical and not really constructive to his character, to the contrary.
Old 2011-02-25, 16:15   Link #151
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The problem is that Ichika was not even hinted having such obsession. To begin with, he was portrayed as basically a "go home club", and didn't really practiced Kendo until he get in touch with Houki (note that I wonder how he could have the time to practice Kendo AND Iaido/Kenjutsu).
So having Ichika going panzer about it was basically nonsensical and not really constructive to his character, to the contrary.
I thought it was just a confirmation of his siscon...
Old 2011-02-25, 16:20   Link #152
Johnny
Working the bags...

I think Laura could have been doing just about anything from making balloon animals to sumo wrestling that his sister was famous for and he would have still blown his stack. Not saying he has a sister complex, because he's a retard in that area, but he's shown to very protective and wanting to return all that she's done and sacrificed for him...
Old 2011-02-25, 16:35   Link #153
Dominic Night
Its time to Exist

The fight was alright, I guess. Pretty good with the teamwork against Laura alone. Although I'm not sure if Laura's flashback was suppose to put her in somesort positive light, because I felt nothing for her character.

Its very sad that the other decent characters of this show are pushed off to the side just like that. They have very strong potental and yet the writer doesn't do any good for them.
Old 2011-02-25, 16:47   Link #154
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
Ichika, who was just calling this girl a bitch and a bastard for imitating his sister's combat style, trips flags by pointlessly running into suicidal situations and swearing to protect her,
Didn't Laura dream that bit? Looked like a dream to me.
Old 2011-02-25, 16:56   Link #155
Yusei Fudo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanish View Post
wild speculation: Charlotte will be roomed with laura now, houki can come back to her beloved punchbag. I-it's not like i want to see him get violated o-or anything... Really!
Nooooooo~~~~~!!!! Dx
Old 2011-02-25, 17:23   Link #156
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Ichika would see red at the Morph Chifuyu that Laura took on. Laura's image of strength was Chifuyu so it makes sense that the VT morph took on Chifuyu's appearance. It was an external 'mind rape' on Ichika - using his sister whom he does love and hold in high regard to literally crush him.

If your own family member whom you look up to suddenly tried to kill you, wouldn't you freak out a bit? And THEN you learn that it's some imposter just messing with you? You wouldn't care any more - you'd kill that imposter for daring to wear the likeness of your family member to kill you and not so much for the kill attempt itself.

There's a good reason/chance that when mind rapes fail, it is usually followed by someone getting their ass kicked.

As for why he suddenly became forgiving and caring to Laura after the fact, I have no clue - not even Jedi are that forgiving... ...unless their mutual respect (ie. U.S.T.) for Chifuyu reasonated with each other and that became the basis of their turn-a-rounds.
Old 2011-02-25, 18:07   Link #157
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

He probably forgot. (I once again blame Houki. She must have given him a concussion when he agreed to go on a "shopping trip" with him.)
Old 2011-02-25, 19:27   Link #158
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I dropped this series when Ichika got pissed about that thing copying his sister's style and defeating it with a single slash that should never have succeeded at all.

Thank god I finished the episode, the end made up for EVERYTHING except Ichika's idiocy.
Old 2011-02-25, 20:13   Link #159
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
^ Amen to that.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2011-02-25, 20:15   Link #160
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Man, that entire restructuring sequence Laura went through, and all it turns into is some anthropomorphic faceless suit of armor? Lame.