Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-11-05, 09:40   Link #21
NinjaServ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagare Ryouma
Let alone movies files as well.
It never WAS intended to hold the Movies on the memory sticks, they are going to RELEASE movies on the UMD format baka :P
NinjaServ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 10:03   Link #22
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Quote:
it's funny how ppl say that the PSP doesn't have MP3 support and act all professional when it was officially announced by Sony at the TGS 04
Yeah, it took a severely negative public opinion to get that. Sony would otherwise have required mp3->atrac transcoding like they do for MDs and most of their other portables.
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 10:31   Link #23
HK anime seeker
Looks fun...Time to jump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaServ
It never WAS intended to hold the Movies on the memory sticks, they are going to RELEASE movies on the UMD format baka :P
We all know that and so does Ryouma!!! A standard memory stick can bearly hold one chapter of an anime so how can it fit a movie baka :P

Anyways, can you fit a anime into a the 256 sticks and play it or not? Or do you need to convert it into the evil sony extentions thingies.
HK anime seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 10:57   Link #24
NinjaServ

I hear the video discs will be in MPEG-4 format, but as to weather or not it will support movies from the memory stick is another story...
Old 2004-11-05, 11:07   Link #25
Nagare Ryouma
Warrior Of Eternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaServ
LOL~~ NinjaServ you baka-baka! I KNOW their gonna release movies on the UMD, I was just saying it as an example (*Does a Jitsu and hit NinjaServ on the head*) But saying that, like HK anime seeker mentioned, there might be a possibility to actually save an anime file onto a mem stick and actually play it on the PSP... Heard that the PSP supports AVI file.... Or do we have to convert it to their specific format? But one things for sure, Sony's chief engineer for the PSP did mention that saving vid files onto mem sticks is possible though...
Nagare Ryouma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 11:25   Link #26
Evan
天使我爱你

Well,to buy PSP or Nintendo DS?? Both looks good!!!!! O___O
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 12:36   Link #27
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
http://www.pcgames.com.cn/tvgames/ba...10/478715.html

loook familiar?
heheheh
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 16:08   Link #28
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:38.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 08:15   Link #29
Nagare Ryouma
Warrior Of Eternity

Well, that's a good question... which one to buy, especially if your in a very tight budget ^^; I was gonna get the DS at first, being a Sony supporter (to a certain extent) I expected the price to be a lot higher. But now since the price is so attractive and acceptable, the PSP is definitely a must get. As for the DS, I could wait, since honestly speaking none of the titles so far sounds interesting....
Nagare Ryouma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 08:25   Link #30
HopelessLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevurah

And it's interesting how the PSP is $185. I wonder how that will be reflected here in the States.

WOOT! That means I can buy it!!!
HopelessLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 10:20   Link #31
Blaat

I think both DS and PSP's starting line up are uninteresting. Although I give the slight edge towards DS because it has Mario Kart.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 10:29   Link #32
NinjaServ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiko_san
I will buy ehh... Probably will buy the DS since it will be out first..But i will also buy the PSP. Don't see anything wrong with either one.but if I had to choose between one Id go for the PsP. Sony fanboi here :P
THANK you SOO much for admitting that, so many sony fanboys on this forum and all the others BASH the DS and DENY the fact that they are fanboys, I have respect for you !!!
Old 2004-11-06, 15:46   Link #33
Suikun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat
I won't get anime titles for the reasons that I'm sure the subtitles are going to be too small :P
Actually, I highly doubt that the subtitles would be too small - when playing NES roms on the GBA's screen, the onscreen text is usually a very readable size, and the on-screen text of most NES games is smaller than the font size used in subtitles (especially professional releases).

But, I'm positive that if we actually do get anime releases on the PSP in the US, it'll be dub only.
Suikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 21:16   Link #34
Evan
天使我爱你

Hahaha~I am both a sony and nintendo handheld fanboy!!! X_x;; Eeek! I'm lost!! There's only room for one!
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 17:34   Link #35
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
IF u ask me the price of the PSP is great and they really should stop on the FF7 franchise befire they ruin it for the fans with a shitty game FF& is my favourite FF overall ......but i think the PSP will sell more than the DS by FAR !!!!
mxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 17:36   Link #36
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
is the realse date at the first post for japan or the US ??
mxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 18:42   Link #37
SlugZilla
woofles

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK anime seeker
We all know that and so does Ryouma!!! A standard memory stick can bearly hold one chapter of an anime so how can it fit a movie baka :P

Anyways, can you fit a anime into a the 256 sticks and play it or not? Or do you need to convert it into the evil sony extentions thingies.
Well a 512mb one can fit a compressed movie which is good enough for the small screen. There is a 1GB one out too.

I heard that game demos will be able to be downloaded from the net and played through the memory stick. If they do it the same way for movies then it's possible.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 16:24   Link #38
Tanthiel

also dont throw out the possiblities for MD yet....do realize cds werent that popular till sony made ps, if not for them we would still be stuck with cartridges.
Tanthiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 16:43   Link #39
Shift_

I will get the PSP...after the DS....

I think the DS is more innovative and will have the more innovate games. But some developers only develop for one system, so you NEED to get both (like you need to have a GC, PS2, and Xbox )

I probally won't get a PSP until further hardware revisions. Initial NEW tests on graphic intensive games (non-puzzle) games last 2 hours...w00t...I'm not buying a portable HANDHELD to play games for only 2 hours...

Tech specs may be inpressive, but games need to be fun to be worth it, some of the games on my NES > games on these new systems
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 02:13   Link #40
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
First off, we won't see any anime releases on UMD in the US, simply cause it's not worth it. The DVD market is many times that of any potential PSP market and with the battery life looking to be as short as it will be, it wouldn't be worthwhile to watch anything on it.

On CDs... Sega had already moved to CDs, and I'm sure that given time Nintendo would have moved on anyway. Cartriges are VERY expensive to make so Nintendo would have moved eventually. The Playstation is nothing special in that respect.

And as for downloading game demos to memory stick, I find that to be a remote possibility first and foremost because it would open a path for 3rd parties to write code on the system, and none of them like unauthorized developers releasing stuff. If they do, expect Sony to bring Magic Gate to full bear. I expect them to for mp3 and any possible video playback as well.

I still think Sony is trying to do too much and it's detracting from the primary focus here, namely portable gaming.
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote