AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-08-04, 14:21   Link #421
ookamigirl

Ortus arc continues..
Ai really is a curious and fearless girl.
Kiriko story was interesting. It'd be fun to know more.
I wonder if that dead bunch has any hidden agenda.
So far, they look nice and friendly ^^
It sure lightened up the mood of the whole dead thing.
Looks like there is a dark side to all the good things as well.
Ai really is so naive sometimes.. but things are getting interesting.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 22:28   Link #422
Calca
Expressionless

So Ulla

Spoiler:
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 04:45   Link #423
Chase

Wow at how Kiriko came about.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 10:52   Link #424
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Wow...This show turn out to be much interesting than my initial thought.

It looked like a moe anime with the character design of Ai but turn out to be deep, heartwarming and depressing.

Really wish that I can find the translated novel.
Old 2013-08-05, 12:20   Link #425
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
And what's with the French?
I wonder about that myself. I take it it takes place in France or nearby and that they're all supposed to be speaking French.
Old 2013-08-05, 14:36   Link #426
justpassingby

From today Listen?
Images
Kitakoshi, and extra Mamekoshi
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
What kind of black magic is that? Mikako-shi looks freaking huge, even if she removes those sandals. Or KitaEri was that small? And I didn't expect Mamegu to be Mikakos-shi's fan and looked at her twitter

Director Kumazawa will be the guest for Kaminai radio this Sunday. [link]

ps I still believe that Mamegu will replace Maaya-san one day, since her debut in Macross F ;_;

Last edited by justpassingby; 2013-08-06 at 01:39.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 20:14   Link #427
ApathyEcstasy

Ai's naivette annoys me to no end. Ulla should totally have her executed.
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 01:02   Link #428
maplehurry

^lol chill, she's just a kid, acting like a kid.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 04:38   Link #429
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
Wow at how Kiriko came about.
Yeah, seriously. And it's extremely strange that not a shred of resentment seems to exist among them for what the witch did. This whole city is really weird. I think I'm more creeped out by it because everything seems so well run and everyone seems so adjusted to it. I kept waiting for the "dark side" to appear after the Lion's warning, but nada.

Scar's illness has to factor into this somehow. No matter how "alive" the citizens are, and how happy they seem, existing as an undead isn't consequence free. Like, say....being unable to have children, ever. Given that Gravekeepers seem so human, it makes me wonder how they were "born", how God made them and/or put them on Earth.

Well, anyway. Looks like next episode will be the reveal of what the dark side of Ortus actually is. It's strange to reconcile Ai's reckless behavior with her extremely mature questions/reasoning, though. It's like, "you can ponder deep philosophical concepts but you can't figure out that taking your mask off in public and running around the streets as a living person is bonkers?"

Yet somehow it's adorable. So, so adorable.
Old 2013-08-06, 09:05   Link #430
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Yeah, seriously. And it's extremely strange that not a shred of resentment seems to exist among them for what the witch did. This whole city is really weird. I think I'm more creeped out by it because everything seems so well run and everyone seems so adjusted to it. I kept waiting for the "dark side" to appear after the Lion's warning, but nada.

Scar's illness has to factor into this somehow. No matter how "alive" the citizens are, and how happy they seem, existing as an undead isn't consequence free. Like, say....being unable to have children, ever. Given that Gravekeepers seem so human, it makes me wonder how they were "born", how God made them and/or put them on Earth.

Well, anyway. Looks like next episode will be the reveal of what the dark side of Ortus actually is. It's strange to reconcile Ai's reckless behavior with her extremely mature questions/reasoning, though. It's like, "you can ponder deep philosophical concepts but you can't figure out that taking your mask off in public and running around the streets as a living person is bonkers?"

Yet somehow it's adorable. So, so adorable.
Scar was diagnosed with fake pregnancy, so there is also a chance Gravekepers are from their nature on not as emotionless as Humphrie claimed.
There is actually very little we know about them atm:

- When they die, they don't wake up as undead
- They are able to have children
- they got supernatural strength and senses (sensing undead)
- They are apparently needed in order for the dead to stay dead.
- They might get sick when unable to do their work

Well the last point is kinda unproven though. I'm sure you could also just burn them to ashed in order for them to be actually dead... Undead are usually pretty clichee - remove the brain kill the zombie.

We also know their bodies still rot, so them eventually dying for good is inevitable.

The other mystery we got at our hands atm is Ulla,
Spoiler for Ulla - theory:

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 09:07   Link #431
Tenzen12

I am pretty sure normal Grave keepers can't have childs either. Ai mother was special.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 11:42   Link #432
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I don't think Ai's questions are that mature.

She was raised by dead villagers, therefore she cannot think of the dead as monsters. Her first "proper" departure with a dead person was her father, who was tormented by the fact that he could not pass on. The people of Ortus are not like Kizuna at all.
For the masks, she has no idea why they are even worn.

In my opinion, her line of thinking has always been simple.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 15:31   Link #433
thor94

the anime is very interesting (pity that hampie die quickly).
The Hampie death and when ai speak about her mother was really sad.
There are lot of mysteries, why all not die? can't have childrens? I think the story is inspired of last doctor who season (all people become immortal, and human supposed dead hide to escape gravekeeper/burner unit)

But, it's sure. This anime take place in France.
-The landscape look like as typical french countryside (Ai village)
-there are french architectural built (arc de triomphe, Gard acqueduct)
-the official language is french
-there are few french car (citroen 2CV)
thor94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 16:14   Link #434
maplehurry

Quote:
Yeah, seriously. And it's extremely strange that not a shred of resentment seems to exist among them for what the witch did. This whole city is really weird. I think I'm more creeped out by it because everything seems so well run and everyone seems so adjusted to it.
Well, it's been more than 10 years since the incident, so maybe they have gotten over it. They(the doctors) are also much less paranoid about the living people or even gravekeepers than other undead.

As for the undead being adjusted, well, they escaped from their original villages where they were "oppressed", to a new place where they would be accepted.
It's like when you are being starved, you won't be so picky about food.

And almost everyone wears a mask, that has sort of an isolating effect to reduce conflict/grudges. Like in RL, majority of murder were committed by acquaintances instead of strangers. The mask also prevents them from being reminded of their possible "decaying face" as they walk around the streets. They may have trouble accepting "ugly people" environment even though they are undead themselves, so the masks help cover this.
The fact that they HAVE TO wear mask means things weren't working out in the beginning when they weren't wearing masks, therefore, they need to wear masks now.

A leader with magical power also helps, so noone gets strange idea for a coup, as long as she's not being tyrannical and the people believe she cares about them.

In short, this is not a new city(looking at its size), measures have been taken to reduce social unrest over time.

^the above are all speculations btw. The city may still seem to work out too well even with all the sociology, but this may be intentional, as a typical fiction writing technique.

But yea, I am also anticipating the dark side of the city. I hope it's something more than just being paranoid about the living people.

Last edited by maplehurry; 2013-08-06 at 17:44.
Old 2013-08-06, 19:48   Link #435
justpassingby

I think the first time I was warned for spoilers, it was because of Moshidora, and it had something to do with Death. Spoilers can only be told for contents that are not ahead of the anime.

Spoiler:

The masks were wore because it was a parade also called 百鬼夜行 (Hyakki Yakou), which the literal translation should be 100 Demons traveling the Night. The Dead had nothing to hide among themselves.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2013-08-06 at 20:59.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 20:34   Link #436
maplehurry

^thanks for the clarification since this matter may not be explained in the anime
Old 2013-08-06, 21:03   Link #437
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I am pretty sure normal Grave keepers can't have childs either. Ai mother was special.
The graveyard is a hint to the opposite.
Otherwise the gravekeepers would be too dangerous even for the entire City, because they would just come back undead kill everyone shortly before burying themselves.
Yet we see an entire graveyard for them, who buried them?
I doubt they buried each other because at the end one gravekeeper would always remain.
From that and Ai's mother we can pretty much assume that the rules regarding humanity don't apply to gravekeepers.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 21:10   Link #438
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Otherwise the gravekeepers would be too dangerous even for the entire City, because they would just come back undead kill everyone shortly before burying themselves.
I doubt they buried each other because at the end one gravekeeper would always remain.
From that and Ai's mother we can pretty much assume that the rules regarding humanity don't apply to gravekeepers.
Then why did the village get Ai to bury her own mother?

If she would have died on her own, then Ai's participation should have been unnecessary. They even said that she was the only one who could do it.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 22:33   Link #439
Tranhieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Then why did the village get Ai to bury her own mother?

If she would have died on her own, then Ai's participation should have been unnecessary. They even said that she was the only one who could do it.
1st thing come to mind: God's trolling again somewhere in this city.

So far it has been emphasized Gravekeepers were created to send dead people off, however I notice it wasn't mentioned anywhere only Gravekeepers are capable of bringing peace to the dead. There might be something else involves here, some random wish granted years ago?
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 08:19   Link #440
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Rules regarding death, that is and even that is just speculation so far. HH traveled long time and never seen Grave keeper having child before and neither Yuri nor Orthus doctor as she automaticaly suspected False pregnancy instead of real one.

Not mentioned that his WISH was die happily with his family, child included (If I am not mistaken that was said explicitly ) It's far likely that Alpha could have child as part of HH wish than anything else.

I guess that princess might prove you right as she seems to be around same age as Ai, but until then it's baseless assumption.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy