3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.00%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-11-17, 20:43   Link #41
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
When did the final scene with Ougi take place? Before or after Nadeko's arc?
I think the talk with ougi was in December and nadeko's arc ends in February.
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 21:13   Link #42
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
and nadeko's arc ends in February.
It's after graduation, so March.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 21:44   Link #43
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's after graduation, so March.
That was her delusion.
shinyaNakagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 22:11   Link #44
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

On the first page of our story
The future seemed so bright
Then this thing turned out so evil
I don’t know why I’m still surprised

Even angels have their wicked schemes
And you take that to new extremes
But you’ll always be my hero
Even though you’ve lost your (life)

Just gonna stand there and watch (you leave)
But that’s all right because (you're happy, I believe)
Just gonna stand there and hear me cry
But that’s all right because I love the way you lie
I love the way you lie
Oh, I love the way you lie

I... think I need to take a break. ;_;
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 23:21   Link #45
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
I think the talk with ougi was in December and nadeko's arc ends in February.
Medusa ends in early Nov.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 04:08   Link #46
kniteowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
Apparently there are people who watch this dry, but I have no idea what magic they use.
I was one of them but I cried on the inside, no really!!! Hachikuji was one of my new favourite characters in Mono, In Bake she was ok but she slowly grew on me over Nise and definitely Mono when Araragi (the P-1000, P for Pedo) travels back in time to save Mayoi Conner and the reverse Pedo at the end of the twist arc blew me away lol. Still I can't believe she's gone... I just can't accept it yet...

May she Rest In Peace, I mean Double Rest in Peace because she was a ghost of ghost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon
Some are trying to come up with scenarios where Mayoi comes back or she actually isn't gone. Well you know what, Mayoi coming back would be the WORST thing possible. You don't make an emotional scene like what we got and then ruin it with some deux ex machina. She NEEDS to stay dead.
Well I personally want to more Teen Mayoi, so maybe not original Mayoi but Beta-verse Mayoi who somehow traveled between dimensions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post

However I do think we can bring "Mayoi" back in a way. When Araragi decides to settle down with whichever girl he chooses in the end, I hope he'll have a daughter and name her Mayoi. She might even be her reincarnation.
Damn I was gonna call it but you beat me to it.
Old 2013-11-18, 06:26   Link #47
Gohan78
Awakened One

Well, I didn't cry, partially because I was spoiled but partially because I thought that Mayoi had no reason to stay in this world after her problem got solved.

She was just there to be a loli haremette for Araragi. It's due time that his harem got trimmed, especially now that he is officially together with Hitagi. Notice that in this arc that pervert Araragi managed to kiss all three of his lolis (or pseudo-lolis, since every single one of them is older than she looks)...
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 07:17   Link #48
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
On the first page of our story
The future seemed so bright
Then this thing turned out so evil
I don’t know why I’m still surprised

Even angels have their wicked schemes
And you take that to new extremes
But you’ll always be my hero
Even though you’ve lost your (life)

Just gonna stand there and watch (you leave)
But that’s all right because (you're happy, I believe)
Just gonna stand there and hear me cry
But that’s all right because I love the way you lie
I love the way you lie
Oh, I love the way you lie

I... think I need to take a break. ;_;
Eminem, Skylar Grey, and Alex da Kid confirmed for Mayoi fans.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 07:33   Link #49
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
Well, I didn't cry, partially because I was spoiled but partially because I thought that Mayoi had no reason to stay in this world after her problem got solved.

She was just there to be a loli haremette for Araragi. It's due time that his harem got trimmed, especially now that he is officially together with Hitagi. Notice that in this arc that pervert Araragi managed to kiss all three of his lolis (or pseudo-lolis, since every single one of them is older than she looks)...
I can't help but feel you are treating Mayoi like she is some plot device because she was a loli.

This is not a show about "one girl winning and everyone else leaves", and this episode certainly wasn't about trimming anybody. Mayoi wasn't optional to Araragi's life, she was the only person Araragi truly talk to honestly as a friend in the daytime. (At night he has Shinobu, but by day Shinobu s usually asleep.)

I don't see that your lack of tears was because Mayoi's problem got solved. Your lack of tears was because you think of Mayoi AS A PROBLEM, and nothing more.

Can't stop you, but to Araragi Mayoi isn't simply a case file number. She meant something to him, and he meant something to her. The fact that you consider her leaving as good riddance means you never wanted her around to begin with. As I say, I can't change what you feel, but I don't agree with it none the less.
Old 2013-11-18, 09:27   Link #50
molitar

This show dropped a level with this episode. He didn't even get mad at the bitch with the long sleeves. She basically said she was the one responsible at the end. What and evil bitch!

I really have not enjoyed this season as it's not him solving anything at all. Before this show was about him solving and defeating oddities rescuing others but this season has not been that at all. It's not even like the same show I been really disappointed in this season and this just did it for me! He is now the ultimate loser losing and not saving or rescuing anyone and being threatened himself by an ugly long sleeve bitch. I will not be saving this season best to pretend it never existed!
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 09:43   Link #51
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

lol at people thought that monogatari is solely about Araragi fighting oddities.
shinyaNakagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 09:52   Link #52
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Callin Gaen Ougi a bitch? WHOA NOW HOLD UP A MINUTE Well, that's plausible.

Last edited by blakstealth; 2013-11-18 at 10:13.
Old 2013-11-18, 10:08   Link #53
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Callin Gaen a bitch? WHOA NOW HOLD UP A MINUTE
Ougi, duh.
Old 2013-11-18, 10:12   Link #54
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Yup. Ran upstairs to my laptop to edit my post lol.

It's still morning time OKAY! :P
Old 2013-11-18, 10:14   Link #55
Swigun
Ars Magica Translator

Any news if Monogatari 21 will be a recap?
Old 2013-11-18, 10:31   Link #56
Syan48306
Forgotten Lurker

Quote:
The feels... they hurt...

Also, Ougi definitely seems to be implied as being the darkness in this episode. We've known something was up for a while now, but that seems to be what the ending hinted at.
Where did Ougi come from anyway? She just kind of appeared in one of the epsiodes without any introduction or forewarning.

Quote:
Girls in 10-year old looking bodies generally don't have much of a hood. Just saying. Admire the trunk all you want, though.
Admire all you want, so long as you don't plan on putting your junk in that trunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
He was officially with Hitagi since like episode 3 from the first season. All the girls have been additions after that fact. To start cutting them out now seems a bit unnecessary.
Syan48306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 11:24   Link #57
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
This show dropped a level with this episode. He didn't even get mad at the bitch with the long sleeves. She basically said she was the one responsible at the end. What and evil bitch!

I really have not enjoyed this season as it's not him solving anything at all. Before this show was about him solving and defeating oddities rescuing others but this season has not been that at all. It's not even like the same show I been really disappointed in this season and this just did it for me! He is now the ultimate loser losing and not saving or rescuing anyone and being threatened himself by an ugly long sleeve bitch. I will not be saving this season best to pretend it never existed!
I have no idea what you are demanding. There are many ways Mayoi can remain on Earth, she just refused to do any of them. Araragi was ready and crazy enough to wreck his own life to keep her, it is Mayoi who decided to reject his aid.

You don't understand; for Mayoi to stay on Earth, she had to go back to being a Lost Snail, a cursed existence where she hurts others. What were you expecting Araragi to do? Mayoi did what she must, and it is something that she decided on her own.

And getting mad at Ougi? You are missing the point. Araragi know he can't fight her, but he wants to know more about her before declaring war. Your rage is showing, and you are not thinking clearly, dude.
Old 2013-11-18, 11:31   Link #58
dmaxzero

After the time travel thingy there wasn´t much more to tell about Majoi as a character. IMO.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 11:57   Link #59
DevilBlaze
Ryuko-channnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Man I'm glad that is over (Imo, This was the worst arc by far due to it's weak story and use of dead jokes like koyomi being a pedo and such, It was boring to me, Nadeko's arc is still my favorite.)

Also, Didn't care for hachikuji leaving, girl was already dead to begin with.

I hope Koimono will actually take it's story seriously.
Old 2013-11-18, 12:01   Link #60
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post

Well hold on, this was him actually pulling back and using his head before making himself a meat shield like he usually does. The whole point of him telling Ougi the story was to see what she'll do with the information. He is making plans to do something after he scopes out the "battlefield" so to speak. Even Shinobu is amused by this turn of events. This situation humbled him to think a bit more. That is why he asks Ononoki to keep things to herself. He recognizes that there is more going on here than he realizes, and wants to see the perp's motivations.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote