AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 48 51.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 29.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 13.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.08%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.08%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-12-18, 19:23   Link #161
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
what a kick ass episode i gave it a 10 of course. It looks like Lulu is starting to come into his own after his crushing defeat at the hands of Corniela in their last meeting. This time he was level headed planned well and was not too cocky. I agree with what Zero said to the new members of the Black Knights. zero has what it takes to bring down Britanna but he cant do it if his own people dont beleive in him. I dont blame zero for asking for complete loyalty he has to have it in order to gain victory. He is prepared to die along with them so its not like their are risking their lives and he is not. Zero is becoming a better and more capable leader. which in turn makes him more dangerous.
Lulu has ran into a couple problems so far that he is overcoming. First was underestimating his enemy in the 1st encounter with Cornelia. Second was having his plans foiled by unloyal troops -- he didn't get his butt kicked in the last meeting -- his troops failed to follow orders and started laying down their weapons and got owned :P

This leads to Ep10 where he has the argument with that one guy about having their loyalty. Unless you know you can count on your people, your plans are bound to fail sooner than later.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 21:01   Link #162
GhOsTeDgE

That would umm suck if Suzaku gets GEASS; I just imagined all the people happily living along under hypnosis, what a fake sickening way of living. So I'm sincerely hoping that the geass-contract-scene with Suzaku could just be activating a special ability of Lancelot or something.
GhOsTeDgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 22:56   Link #163
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Lelouch said her name was not human, not C.C herself, but by her stark reaction you can assume it's a sore point. More evidence that C.C is either artificial or not of this Earth, or both, or something...
Yeah, I wonder what C.C is too. Seems to be connected to some anceit tribe or something (I'm just guessing this becuase there was that one back flash scene with all those Idianish people with the Geass mark). C.C still looks 16 / unaged after all those years. Still looks the exact same as when she was observing Lulu and Suz when they were kids. If there were 2 C.C. I think that would be kinda lame....
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 11:02   Link #164
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18 View Post
The only "Kira Yamato vibes" came from Karen. Silly girl please stop saying sorry when killing an enemy, especially when the enemy kills unarmed surroundering civilians without second thought. Kira say "gor-man" a lot during enemy K.O. in the new PS2 game.
Have you ever seen Gundam Seed before? Notice the difference between Karen's expression and Kira's, and tell me which one looks more genuine about that "Sorry" you were talking about.

Whatever it is, I still don't like the possibility of Suzaku getting Geass...Unless of course, you're telling me Lelouch gets a whole load of allies for the OoBK which can translate into 'OWNAGE'. Toudou is probably one fine example.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 11:52   Link #165
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
Have you ever seen Gundam Seed before? Notice the difference between Karen's expression and Kira's, and tell me which one looks more genuine about that "Sorry" you were talking about. He
His is. Her sorry is wicked, she then goes on to fry the man when she could just slice him. Besides she's killing soldiers all the time. What do you think happened to that guy who piloted the Police frame in ep 9?

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 14:16   Link #166
ThoHell

Quote:
Have you ever seen Gundam Seed before? Notice the difference between Karen's expression and Kira's, and tell me which one looks more genuine about that "Sorry" you were talking about.

Whatever it is, I still don't like the possibility of Suzaku getting Geass...Unless of course, you're telling me Lelouch gets a whole load of allies for the OoBK which can translate into 'OWNAGE'. Toudou is probably one fine example.
I've been thinking for the longest time how this anime kinda reminds me of Gundam Seed, mainly becuase I feel that Suzaku resembles Kira so much. Or maye that just me....
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 14:21   Link #167
atilim
Knightmare

I think most people forgetting one small little thing about Suzuka getting Geass. Lelouche always wanted power in order to defeat his father and etc. But I don't get the impression that Suzuka would want power like Geass. Also Lelouche has a unone contract he is bound too, do you think that Suzuka would just simply accept a contract like that.
So I don't think we should jump to conclusions with Suzuka getting the same power as Lelouche.
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 16:01   Link #168
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:

IM incline to agree i mentioned also about her saying Gomen in battle but what i was talking about was dont say it if you dont mean it. For gods sake we all Karen is not sorry and would kill every last Britannana solider if she could. the only other character more angry than Karen is Lulu which why they get along so well for the most part.

Im not liking Idea either of Suzaku getting the power of Geass. It takes away from Lulu and and destroys the methods that each deploy to get their message across. I would much rather have Lulu with Geass and just keep the Kira wanna be in his Lancelot.
Old 2006-12-19, 17:58   Link #169
Cai Calamigarde
Memento mori...

YEESSS!!
A war against Cornelia... I was waiting for this!!
Kiss her Lelouch!! YEa h.. ... ...
Cai Calamigarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 19:11   Link #170
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The whole "Sorry" issue is a matter of reading between the lines. C'mon, no one takes Lelouch literally when he talks about "destroying" the world in Ep 8.5, but suddenly "Sorry" is taken literally? LAWL.

Kallen's "sorry" = Her way of saying "Lalalalalalala HeyHeyHey...Goodbye. I'm not sorry at all that I squezedd your juices to kingdom come and back. LOL"

Kira's is clearly literal. But even so, I don't get the goddamn parellel with Suzaku other than the fact that their piloting skills are a notch above the rest (( more so with Suzaku + Lancelot )). Kira is a peaceful fighter and all, but at least he doesn't sprout bullshit like 'changing the system' nor does he say "lol Waltfeld, AA u r wrong!" when they killed their enemies in battle. Kira may have his own sense of justice, but he keeps it at that and fights his own battles out of his own convictions, but Suzaku on the other hand preaches his goddamn justice.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 21:19   Link #171
Sirmackerel

Suzaku is also a dog of the military, unlike Kira, who was basically a vigilante for most of GSD. >_>
Sirmackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 22:14   Link #172
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by atilim View Post
I think most people forgetting one small little thing about Suzuka getting Geass. Lelouche always wanted power in order to defeat his father and etc. But I don't get the impression that Suzuka would want power like Geass. Also Lelouche has a unone contract he is bound too, do you think that Suzuka would just simply accept a contract like that.
So I don't think we should jump to conclusions with Suzuka getting the same power as Lelouche.
It's not call 'jumping to conclusions', it's called 'speculation'. Because of the preview, I can safely say this topic is hotly talked about until the truth comes out. Furthermore, Suzaku does have a need for such power. Remember all his idealism about changing the Britannian government from the inside? Well, the Geass is an excellent way for him to start his own little campaign of revamping the whole government. If it promises and grants him to power to 'change what he wants' literally, Suzaku just might welcome it with open arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Kira's is clearly literal. But even so, I don't get the goddamn parellel with Suzaku other than the fact that their piloting skills are a notch above the rest (( more so with Suzaku + Lancelot )). Kira is a peaceful fighter and all, but at least he doesn't sprout bullshit like 'changing the system' nor does he say "lol Waltfeld, AA u r wrong!" when they killed their enemies in battle. Kira may have his own sense of justice, but he keeps it at that and fights his own battles out of his own convictions, but Suzaku on the other hand preaches his goddamn justice.
It must be the idealistic streak in either of them then. For all we know (and you have described), they can be quite different in how they wish to attain their goals. If we are just talking about GS at the beginning or at the middle (as where Code Geass is probably at now), then perhaps there can be a few similarities, except Suzaku's world is much more forgiving.

I don't know whether 'dog' is appropriate for him, but I certainly do know he joined the army not because he loved to, but because he wanted to do something to the overall system of ruling eventually. Joining the army was a start, at least. Coupled with a possible future development of him saving Cornelia from his best friend (that sounds so wrong... ) as well as being under a different unit from the army itself (I think), he might actually be gettin somewhere. With recent spoilers, though, I don't think he will get Geass-Maybe more of experience it in a way.
Old 2006-12-20, 15:20   Link #173
atilim
Knightmare

Quote:
It's not call 'jumping to conclusions', it's called 'speculation'. Because of the preview, I can safely say this topic is hotly talked about until the truth comes out. Furthermore, Suzaku does have a need for such power. Remember all his idealism about changing the Britannian government from the inside? Well, the Geass is an excellent way for him to start his own little campaign of revamping the whole government. If it promises and grants him to power to 'change what he wants' literally, Suzaku just might welcome it with open arms.
Suzaku doesn't need a power like Geass, doe you really think he would force people to think as same as he. Also didn't he say that he doesn't think that the end justify the means.
Old 2006-12-20, 22:43   Link #174
Kiazy

Umm, didnt bother to read whole topic but hasnt anyone else considered the possibility that Suzaku just gains 100% sync with Lancelot?

Cant remember what episode it was but he was only 97% sync with his mecha and its quite ordinary for mecha animes that when user gains 100% or even more sync with his mecha both mecha and driver gains some extraordinary or hidden abilities.
Kiazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 22:44   Link #175
JediNight
キズランダム

Spoiler for Ep11 spoiler rumors:
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 01:40   Link #176
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
wohoo lets see if how much of my theory I stated back on page 4 of this thrend is actaully correct.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...2&postcount=76

May be all of them!!
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 08:58   Link #177
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

So where's the Ep 11 thread? Shouldn't one be created already?

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 09:24   Link #178
Darkeyesrina

Send a message via AIM to Darkeyesrina Send a message via MSN to Darkeyesrina
You read my thoughts too. I was wondering where was the EP. 11 Thread.
Darkeyesrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 12:26   Link #179
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Quote:
Originally Posted by atilim View Post
Suzaku doesn't need a power like Geass, doe you really think he would force people to think as same as he. Also didn't he say that he doesn't think that the end justify the means.

Quote:
It's not call 'jumping to conclusions', it's called 'speculation'.
Quote:
If it promises and grants him to power to 'change what he wants' literally, Suzaku just might welcome it with open arms.
I stopped short of rolling my eyes.

If you do not understand why, look at the first quote from my own post and the bolded words. You will understand, then. You should.

Look at Suzaku...Where the heck is he with changing the government from within? He's still just an Eleven pilot, waiting in the reserves in case of anything strange going on. The main bulk of the force that moved in in Narita was Cornelia's. Had he perhaps taken a more drastic approach or been more active for achieving his goals, he might even have a fraction of the minute progress Lelouch has achieved for his goal.

Geass isn't about 'forcing people to think the same as the person himself', it's about controlling other people's minds and bending them to your will to do whatever you want. With Geass, though, he can most certainly use it in a less malicious manner than Lelouch did with some people to achieve what he wants.

Still, since the possibility of him getting it is practically zero (thanks to a few spoilers about the next episode), he's probably going to get his opportunity by some cliche (maybe) or typical (probably) way, like stopping toe OoBK from completely annihilating Cornelia's troops somehow.
Old 2006-12-21, 13:39   Link #180
atilim
Knightmare

Quote:
I stopped short of rolling my eyes.
Geass isn't about 'forcing people to think the same as the person himself', it's about controlling other people's minds and bending them to your will to do whatever you want. With Geass, though, he can most certainly use it in a less malicious manner than Lelouch did with some people to achieve what he wants.
Forget about the spoiler for a minute OK. Suzaku woudn't want a victory like with Geass. Even if he doesn't change anything he doesn't want it. I think we all now what kind a type Suzaku really is, he has probely never dong anything bad and always follow the rules.
And simpelly because he would need it to change something doesn't meen that he would do it, he want to change's people harts and not deceive them unlike what Lelouche is doing.