AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-05, 02:37   Link #801
kriez
dAydream slAcker

Send a message via MSN to kriez
finally watched ep 24 and 25! internet is down at home and i finally found some time to squeeze in between work to write in the forum haha~

yup, noticed that allen's scar changed to that of a scar.. poor kuro-chan, but he's totally cute and innocent man!! i think yeegar recounted his tale too easily though i've been wanting to hear how he become an exorcist. allen on the other hand sounds so rehearsed when he was so emotional about it in earlier episodes (with Millenium Earl and Lenalee at graveyard, Leon turned into akuma). afterall, it is not some big secret but an important and not so widely broadcasted background info that he turned Mana into an akuma.. but allen's tears touched me!! and road's brother sure is handsome~!!

replying to earlier post, no way can komui be compared to maes hughes~~!! he died honourably... komui is fun but doesn't he doesn't impact me as greatly as maes did....
kriez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 03:48   Link #802
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriez View Post
finally watched ep 24 and 25! internet is down at home and i finally found some time to squeeze in between work to write in the forum haha~

yup, noticed that allen's scar changed to that of a scar.. poor kuro-chan, but he's totally cute and innocent man!! i think yeegar recounted his tale too easily though i've been wanting to hear how he become an exorcist. allen on the other hand sounds so rehearsed when he was so emotional about it in earlier episodes (with Millenium Earl and Lenalee at graveyard, Leon turned into akuma). afterall, it is not some big secret but an important and not so widely broadcasted background info that he turned Mana into an akuma.. but allen's tears touched me!! and
Episode 26 will make up for the slightly boring second half of 25

Quote:
road's brother sure is handsome~!!
Well, I suppose you can call him her brother

Quote:
replying to earlier post, no way can komui be compared to maes hughes~~!! he died honourably... komui is fun but doesn't he doesn't impact me as greatly as maes did....
PERSONALITY-wise! For the record again, it wasn't mine list.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 18:37   Link #803
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^
[whisper]
Put on some spoiler tags, certain people here are still waiting for the english subs and haven't read the manga yet...
[/whisper]

I would still think that it'll end at the 'ark' 's arc, but I doubt there'll be a second seasond though...
Old 2007-04-06, 02:10   Link #804
koenosaki

[whisper] do not tell it any one but it is all being animated in this week´s episode [/whisper]
koenosaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 02:39   Link #805
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by koenosaki View Post
[whisper] do not tell it any one but it is all being animated in this week´s episode [/whisper]
[whisper] Really? Thanks! Can you also point out where you've seen the english subs for it? [/whisper]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
[whisper]
Put on some spoiler tags, certain people here are still waiting for the english subs and haven't read the manga yet...
[/whisper]
Old 2007-04-06, 06:38   Link #806
koenosaki

[whisper]I like this whisper tags talking : D[/whisper]

Certainly you wanna try this on:

Spoiler:

oh, and btw: if people really like to watch d.gray-man, then I think they also should read the manga
Old 2007-04-06, 07:13   Link #807
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
[whisper]I like this whisper tags talking : D[/whisper]

Certainly you wanna try this on:

Spoiler:

oh, and btw: if people really like to watch d.gray-man, then I think they also should read the manga
The world does not revolve around your sole opinions. You really should give a thought to others.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-06, 09:48   Link #808
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

I'll lay off the whisper talk then.

Some people don't want to read the manga because it'll ruin/spoil the anime for them...

I admire those people who hasn't given in to tempation... yet

(I, for one, failed miserably in that 'determination' test )
Old 2007-04-06, 18:17   Link #809
koenosaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'll lay off the whisper talk then.

Some people don't want to read the manga because it'll ruin/spoil the anime for them...

I admire those people who hasn't given in to tempation... yet

(I, for one, failed miserably in that 'determination' test )
strange, people are different: some like spoilers, others not, etc...

I can't read a manga of an anime I have already watched. So I always have to read a manga before I watch an anime (but can understand the opposite too). But I only recommend the manga, because (for lots others too) d.gray-man manga is far way better then the anime. You should give it a shot...

Oh and if I spoiled srry, but the story in the anime is only mentioned for 1 page in the manga (and I was suprised, because of the fact d.gray-man will only continue for 52 episodes)
Old 2007-04-06, 19:54   Link #810
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I won't say it's exactly 'better' in that sense, the manga and the anime are just taking different routes and means to get to the same point.

They're making it different so it won't give people the excuse to say, "Oh, if its the same as the manga, why bother watching it?"

Oh, and for all you 'filler' haters out there? A filler is an episode where it doesn't progress the plot... So as far as I'm concern, D.Gray-man does not have alot of 'fillers'.
Old 2007-04-06, 21:35   Link #811
negativeone

lol is funny to read comments of people who are watching the anime but havent seen the manga(i suppose thats japanesse for graphic novel) they come up with the weirdest speculations

this is just my opinion but the manga and the anime are not really that different, however the manga is a little more graphic. for example in episode 12 or 13 (im not sure) Miranda's hands are tied to the clock, in the manga her hands are nailed to the clock. also the character design is better and Krory, Allen and Ravy look way cooler than in the anime

EDIT: if u are a allenxlinali fan you should check out the graphic nov...errr manga their relationship is more evident
negativeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 01:20   Link #812
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 26. Beginning of the End

From when I first saw the episodes' pics at Omniscient's blog I had high hopes on how they would be handling the fatality outcome for Yeegar's loss, but I was deeply dissapointed.
Spoiler:

I am convinced that during the first arc the Earl let the Exorcists win, because he chose to do so. But those were small victories that represented little to no influence for the Earl.
Spoiler:

One thing for sure is that I do praise how the staff handled the Earl's character upon the Order's first serious loss. Frivolous with a nonchalant callousness for life creation magnified with a smile of gung-ho ness.
The outcome on this episode marked the start of my hatred for the Earl, since his evil was portrayed convincingly dehumanizing. I do love but at the same time hate the villain types that most of the time have their way to mock, ridicule, and belittle the main characters while have them at their complete mercy to play with the leads' emotions, after pawning said lead with either overwhelming power and strategy.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 04:51   Link #813
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
From when I first saw the episodes' pics at Omniscient's blog I had high hopes on how they would be handling the fatality outcome for Yeegar's loss, but I was deeply dissapointed.
Spoiler:

Wrong wrong wrong.

We were lucky that they even decided to animate this... In the original manga, Komui just tells them that he died, and that he sang that song. We never got to see it happened.

But you were abit off on Ticky's personality. Despite that sadistic look he has sometimes, Ticky is in fact, the most gentlemenly Noah there is. Not once had he (exactly) tortures his enemies (Sure, rough them up alittle, but who doesn't?). I might even go so far as to say he's the most respectable of their lot.

Road is the one who tortures, Ticky is the one who keeps her in line.
Old 2007-04-08, 05:34   Link #814
Skane
Anime Snark

I like how, in Ep26, they showed that the defeat was via psychological means, and not due to combat skills alone. It gives credence to the Noah family winning their battles without belittling the Generals' own combat skills.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-08, 12:04   Link #815
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Thumbs up

Somehow roads mind hax reminded me abit of itachi in this episode...Making some experience the same thing over and over again in their mind and all.

Personally I think the manga was right to do what it did off screen because it gave it a real punch and just left you wondering "how the heck could a general lose", but if by doing it this way they avoid true filler later in the show to pad it out to 26 more episodes I can live with it.

Should be a fun ride from here on out.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"

Last edited by Ashlotte; 2007-04-08 at 12:06. Reason: I goofed heh...
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 14:02   Link #816
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wrong wrong wrong.

We were lucky that they even decided to animate this... In the original manga, Komui just tells them that he died, and that he sang that song. We never got to see it happened.

But you were abit off on Ticky's personality. Despite that sadistic look he has sometimes, Ticky is in fact, the most gentlemenly Noah there is. Not once had he (exactly) tortures his enemies (Sure, rough them up alittle, but who doesn't?). I might even go so far as to say he's the most respectable of their lot.

Road is the one who tortures, Ticky is the one who keeps her in line.

OK OK OK I got the message.

I already commented that I have never EVER read the manga. But at least you got to admit that his white eyes are highly creepy.

Anyways, for the D.Gray-man newbies and newcomers I have to announce that either yesterday or the day before yesterday, the torrent for soundtrack one came out.
I said torrent. The soundtrack has already gotten time since it was released.

I have mixed opinions about the new opening song and new ending. I dislike how the opening song starts at first, but I quickly got used to it once the pace and the rhythm speed up. On the other hand, I am not very fond of the third ending song, however, I am planning to get the CD single as well because I am a D.Gray-man completist.

On the up side, the footage and animation for the new OP and ED rocks, and it is quite well full of some more spoilers just like the first OP and second ED were as well.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-08, 20:35   Link #817
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
OK OK OK I got the message.

I already commented that I have never EVER read the manga. But at least you got to admit that his white eyes are highly creepy.
Er... Oops Sorry about that, didn't mean to come off as overbearing ... And yes, his eyes were creepy... But not as creepy as Road's song...

Quote:
Spoiler:
2 of the 3 are shown in the manga (As a side note, they have quite a frightening ability...).

The 3rd one, the tall female, is new to me. She's most likely the unnamed woman at the Earl's dinner several episodes ago. The manga had only shown her there, apparently the Anime decides to make more used of her, just like Yeegar...
Old 2007-04-08, 22:04   Link #818
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I like how, in Ep26, they showed that the defeat was via psychological means, and not due to combat skills alone. It gives credence to the Noah family winning their battles without belittling the Generals' own combat skills.

Cheers.
Amen to that.

Those are my favorite type of villains, because their danger factor lies on how well they can penetrate the target's psyche to strike fear in order to mentally unbalance the victim which ultimately leads to breaking down the victim's soul.

After rewatching two times more episode 26, I have grown-up to understand Chaos2Frozen. Tykki could have chosen to "spill more salt" upon Yeegars' wounds and ridicule him, but instead he knocked him out cold quickly rather than to make a bloody scene. I guess to demonstrate that it was useless for Yeegar to resist, because he had already lost the battle in the first place once Tykki stepped into the stage.
Road was the more anxious looking forward to play with Yeegar to death, but Tykki reminded her to keep composure. I guess that Road's bloodlust urges are due, because she is the Noah who interacts in person the most with the Earl.

On the topic of the soundtrack
It is unfortunate for me to say that soundtrack one does not ncludes Road's song.

Either we would have to wait about five more months for the release of soundtrack two or a release of a character vocal album that contains the song.
Old 2007-04-09, 02:53   Link #819
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I found the new ED and OD decent I have to grow into them I am still not over the old ones. Wow the Noah’s Family are so strong Rhode Camelot is the worst of them I did find a sense of justice in Tyki Mikk he doesn’t consider humans as inferior and actually hangs with them in his alter personality as a wanderer .

I felt bad for General Kevin Yeegar he was squashed like a bug by Noah’s family it was shocking to gauge the power difference even if we take age aside for a moment he wouldn’t have been a match for Tyki. The shell of a man he became after suffering defeat and mental torture at the hands of Tyki and Camelot. It was a ghastly sight seeing him recite Earl’s poem. And losing his mind

Still though I can’t bring myself to hate Camelot
Old 2007-04-09, 07:35   Link #820
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Wow, just being able to see the 10 seconds of Tyki in action was all i needed --- what a guy, what speed. So awesome. Anyway, i really liked the OP video & song --- works perfect with how the story is moving into that epic direction. Very much like were this is headed.

Its been to long and no Kanda, i seriously hope this changes soon (and no, that doesn't mean someone can answer this with a manga spoiler).

Tags
action, gothic, shounen, steampunk