AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-06-15, 19:37   Link #8741
Ryus
The One Eyed King

My theory on the upcoming match

Spoiler for Pure speculation on upcoming match... not based on the hype, characters, or magics involved:

Last edited by Ryus; 2012-06-15 at 19:48. Reason: Added, details of possible tie... since it is a possibility with the rules for "battle"
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 19:45   Link #8742
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post

Spoiler for Pure speculation on upcoming match... not based on the hype, characters, or magics involved:
you make some good points. I don't think wendy will win either but mabey the first tie in the game. Double K.O. when wendy uses her big spells.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 19:48   Link #8743
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
you make some good points. I don't think wendy will win either but mabey the first tie in the game. Double K.O. when wendy uses her big spells.
Added, my tie pov... thxs for bring it up
Old 2012-06-15, 19:49   Link #8744
MechR

MASHIMAAAAAAA!!

THAT'S the strongest independent dark guild? That's the best RT could do after seven years of training? That's all Ivan himself had?

Years of buildup, wasted
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 19:55   Link #8745
Casshern

I think if Ivan was planning to throw the fight he never would've gotten personally involved. He could've had one of his guild members achieve the same result without getting RT disqualified from the tournament.

We already knew that half of RT's team was fodder by Laxus' standards anyway, with Flare being weaker than Lucy while Nullpuding and Kurohebi were nothing special. Obra was an unknown factor which turned out to be a one-trick pony (would've had a better chance if he was hidden in the crowd like before) and Ivan's weakness was befitting for the weak guild he put together.

Anyway, I wanted Laxus to win and he won so I'm happy. Could've been a slightly more challenging fight but oh well. At least the rest of the competitions shouldn't have any more cheating and hopefully the tournament wont be interrupted before the dragonslayer showdown.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 19:58   Link #8746
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
MASHIMAAAAAAA!!

THAT'S the strongest independent dark guild? That's the best RT could do after seven years of training? That's all Ivan himself had?

Years of buildup, wasted
No offense Mech, but you should've seen that coming when they first appeared and Ivan said that whole rip fairies wings off bit. I don't know why some of you guys were surprised about this. I was the one that said since day 1 of the games that Raven Tail was fodder topped on fodder topped on fodder. EVERYTHING about that guild was a joke. The name itself with the emblem (it's the FT symbol with bits and pieces to make it look like an R), Ivan was just a materialistic man obsessed with FT and Makarov's destruction just because he was kicked out, hell, when he said that Lumen is Darkness stuff, I would've taken him seriously, but then I remembered that Hades' knowledge of Zeref was based on cult fanboys and their fanfics-v-. The guy used his own son as a trojan horse. Also, good to see people still love a guild where they are willing to harm children (Wendy, Asuka) just to achieve their goals>.>. Anyhoo, for those of you mad at Laxus for beating his own father, remember the old saying, it takes a father to make a child, but it takes a real dad to raise one. Anyhoo, pissed off Mavis is pissed off. She no like that some pointy eared old fart know about her hidden My little pony collection. There will be hell to pay. On to happier notes, Wendy vs Shelia, should be a good fight, if they don't continue face planting the ground^^;;. I'm guessing Jells will get more haters since he told Ultear and Meldy not to move from their spot-v-;;.

Edit: I copied this from OM, so some of the stuff here doesn't involve you guys^^;;.
Old 2012-06-15, 19:59   Link #8747
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
MASHIMAAAAAAA!!

Years of buildup, wasted
I agree with you it wasted... but this is Fairy Tail after all, he's supposed to waste opportunities and that is why we fans stick with it for the trolling of everything scared, fights, comedy, and ecchi . So on some level we all knew this was coming... So complaining now is futile. He failed to kill Makarov so there is just no way he'd let the minor badguy in the arc (Ivan) be more important than the true villain (Zeref). Ivan should return eventually (he said so himself, so it will happen) and he will learn from his mistakes and not repeat them... maybe he'll dig up Jose, Bluenote, and a few other powerhouses and join up with Tartaros. Then they'll become a dark guild worthy of overtaking Grimoire Heart's title of the strongest dark guild.

BTW send Ivan your regards plus some soap on a rope. I suspect he'll be in jail till arc end at the least. of the others I suspect Flare and Obra might be seen again (Unless Obra was a suit for the imp, in which case we'll see the imp instead). The others are fodder so will likely just disappear into the background.

To put what happened here simply Gajeel trolled Ivan these past 7+ years with bad info and Laxus revealed it to him by just how much. Ivan went for power counters, not power houses thus leading to his downfall. Bluenote said it best "Dont make me laugh. Even the most powerful magic is garbage in the hands of an incapable user." The moment Ivan said they where specialized to counter Fairy Tail I knew how they'd be defeated and it happened.
Old 2012-06-15, 20:04   Link #8748
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Ah man>.<, I can't give you threat cookies for quoting the Xehanort Monkey to troll Ivan, Ryus :'(.
Old 2012-06-15, 20:05   Link #8749
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

hmm i just realised something! .. does this mean it's going to be a natsu grey tag team? I want Natsu Grey vs Juvia Gajeel! (I was thinking Wendy Natsu VS anyone but that seems to be out now) I hope the tag team fight is a good one and not just Natsu shouting about how he can handle it himself and only teaming up as a last resort (i'm hopeing his character has grown passed that).
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 22:40   Link #8750
blewin

it seems a bit unbelievable that Laxus won so easily. yeah, we know he's got a special booster, but after all, his attacks should still be based on the Laxus from 7 years ago. Raven Tail's special techniques should have worked on him, if not everything, than a fraction of it. Of course it's great to see Laxus winning in just one chapter.... it's still a bit hard to believe. Ivan himself is a master of a guild right? how can he lost so easily? Got hit straightaway and downed like that?

I'll go for a tie in the next match too.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 23:02   Link #8751
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
it seems a bit unbelievable that Laxus won so easily. yeah, we know he's got a special booster, but after all, his attacks should still be based on the Laxus from 7 years ago. Raven Tail's special techniques should have worked on him, if not everything, than a fraction of it. Of course it's great to see Laxus winning in just one chapter.... it's still a bit hard to believe. Ivan himself is a master of a guild right? how can he lost so easily? Got hit straightaway and downed like that?

I'll go for a tie in the next match too.
Laxus is easily one of the top 5 powerhouses in FT. Gildarts is number 1, far and away, but following on his heels is Mystogan/Jellal. After that you have Laxus, Mira Jane, and Erza.

If you want to go back to Laxus vs Natsu, the only reason Laxus lost is because Dragonslayers have mad hax, and he was facing both Natsu and Gajeel. Double Dragonslayer hax trump solo Dragonslayer hax in every case. One on one, Laxus would have wiped Natsu as easily as he did RT. That being said, Laxus had 3 months to prepare for the tournament, and having been hovering around number 3 power wise in FT, he was due for a massive power upgrade. I'd have actually been surprised to see him lose, unless of course only one RT member had been left standing. I mean, if Erza can take on 100 monsters, one of which was said to be Wizard Saint level, then it makes sense for Laxus to have is moment.

I mean seriously, Cana gets a jaw-dropping moment, and Laxus gets smashed? What manga are we reading? Dragonball Z?
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 23:07   Link #8752
immblueversion

So, wait. I know I'm late saying this, but if Raven Tail wasn't aiming for victory, then why did Ivan beat up Flare after her fight with Lucy?

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 23:20   Link #8753
Makender
Varsity Slacker

I really hope RT isn't finished for this arc because them being swept away in one chapter is incredibly unsatisfying. Also Mashima was all hyping the mysterious nature of Kurohebi and Obra's magic so it just seems strange that they would just drop out of the arc now.

As for the imp, his personality seems much too mischievous and maybe a bit sadistic for him to be Zeref. I think he more likely has some connection to Tartaros perhaps or will work RT back into the arc somehow.

Makender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 00:36   Link #8754
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
So, wait. I know I'm late saying this, but if Raven Tail wasn't aiming for victory, then why did Ivan beat up Flare after her fight with Lucy?
Let it be known that I do not support the physical abuse of women and whoever does that is scum, but I think he beat Flare mainly because she needed help to beat someone from FT, with her supposedly being an elite RT mage.
Old 2012-06-16, 01:31   Link #8755
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
Laxus wasn't included on Urtear's time magic, it was only FT team A that got that boost from Urtear

Laxus trained. So as the rest of FT Team B

I do understand where you're coming from though. I mean, from the previous arc. He wasn't even able to scratch Master Hades. And now he could take out all of his father's elite mages along with his Father.
That was some heavy duty training he did

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 02:37   Link #8756
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

It could be possible that Jellal offered Makarov to give the same power up to other B team members as he did for A team.
That would explain how Laxus dominated Raven Tail.

But I guess it would be better that A team is power up team and B team is training team.
Power up vs. Training.

Hmm if Zeref is indeed close by then I think Natsu could how smelled him by now. He did remember how Ultear smelled and all. And for Natsu not that much time has passed since he met Zeref.
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 06:34   Link #8757
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
It could be possible that Jellal offered Makarov to give the same power up to other B team members as he did for A team.
That would explain how Laxus dominated Raven Tail.

But I guess it would be better that A team is power up team and B team is training team.
Power up vs. Training.

Hmm if Zeref is indeed close by then I think Natsu could how smelled him by now. He did remember how Ultear smelled and all. And for Natsu not that much time has passed since he met Zeref.
Most of team B did manage to get a full three months worth of training so I guess things balance out in the end considering that some B members like Laxus and Mira were already pretty strong to begin with
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 14:18   Link #8758
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post

I do understand where you're coming from though. I mean, from the previous arc. He wasn't even able to scratch Master Hades. And now he could take out all of his father's elite mages along with his Father.
That was some heavy duty training he did
To be fair, Master Hades would probably defecate on Raven Tail all day, he wasn't beaten by FT's mages abilities alone.

I don't disagree really about beating all of Raven Tail's mages though. That was a stretch to me indeed.
Old 2012-06-17, 21:23   Link #8759
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Oofa doofa, looks like someone over at naruto forums managed to translate some sketches from Volume 32, and apparently they tell of Hiro's plans for the upcoming chapters of this arc. I wanna upload them, but I wanna be safe and wait for a higher up to give me permission.

Edit: It's possible that this reveal was discussed before. I wanna see if someone already did, and also to confirm, Hiro's plans can change.
Old 2012-06-18, 00:43   Link #8760
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post

Interesting speculation, but I expect Wendy to win, or at worst get a tie. First of all, when you talk about the possibility of Wendy getting a rematch the next day in a tag battle, you seem to be forgetting that 1) the teams themselves do not choose who fights, and 2) we've had no indication that the tag battles will be different than the 1v1s. Meaning each team only fights once, with a possible exception for one team fighting twice to make up for Raven Tail being DQ.

Beyond that, there's no real need to keep Lamia Scale as an extremely strong contender. The sub plot with Leon and Gray is pretty minor, and meant for humor. Mashima can afford to have them fall behind to the point where they can't contend for first. Even so, they can lose here and remain in reasonably strong contention as long as they win their tag battle, and do well in the day four competition.

Nor do I really see Fairy Tail ending the day on a downer note. They've had a sweep thus far, this basically being their big comeback day. I don't really see this stopping at this point. Especially not at the expense of Wendy losing her first 1v1 battle in the series.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen