AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-25, 01:07   Link #801
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Amanda too, 'cause she's hot!!! Same with Sasha.

Mei Fong too, until I found out her true nature.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 04:56   Link #802
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
What? So no one's complaining that Joseph almost slept through the second half of the series?
I won't complain over something that didn't happen.

In this show i just about loved all of the cast. There was no one i disliked, because at the end of the day they all had their reasons for doing what they were doing, and i admired that (Wolf was a bit different, though i didn't hate him).

& if anyone here dislikes Al or Brad, then i've lost so much respect for you.

Also the musical score for the series is by far one of the best i've heard this year.
Old 2008-10-25, 09:49   Link #803
PaleHorse

Wow YES hermann figure I need to get that even if the price is going to be like 30 dollars >> I'd like to get a gerd as well, but don't have the caaash : /.
PaleHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 05:22   Link #804
oompa loompa

mmm... i was extremely skeptical about watching this show initially.. and while i still think it had a god-awful base, the plot was carried out very well.. tragedy, action, a happy ending. im pretty damn satisfied with this show, it certainly exceeded most of my expecations, and am glad i took it up.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 03:14   Link #805
theman4life

Anyone know where I can purchase this book? I believe its an event exclusive but Im hoping other wise.
http://www.blassreiter.com/item_book5.html

A fanbook is also coming out but I bet it wont have all the Niθ awesomeness that the concept works will have.
theman4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 23:12   Link #806
theman4life

Hermann Blassreiter form figure is finally up fpr pre order
http://www.amiami.com/shop?vgForm=Pr...te=review.html

Looks so badass
theman4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 11:36   Link #807
Seeker

I wish SO MUCH that there was an English release! Right now there's a handful of series between what I have and what I want. Basically I have plans to collect them all. Blassrieter is the one series that's basically up in the air.
Old 2009-01-25, 11:31   Link #808
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

A wallpaper I came across NSFW though

Spoiler for NSFW:
Old 2009-09-02, 23:09   Link #809
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Already have some COSPA Blassreiter clothes. In particular a shirt and a XAT jacket. Both are nifty.

And the dubs are on FUNIMATION's North American site with 4 episodes officially online so far.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-09-03, 03:28   Link #810
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The first DVD's out in October (episodes 01-12). I can't watch to rewatch this gem of a series.
Old 2009-09-03, 18:31   Link #811
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Now that sounds interesting, Shiroth.

Old 2009-09-04, 16:50   Link #812
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Had come across some images 2 weeks back but was kinda away from home more importantly my PC . So now finally back home so yeah posting them : )

Old 2009-09-04, 17:29   Link #813
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Enjoyed the Amanda photos...

Old 2010-02-18, 10:18   Link #814
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Sorry for thread necromancy, but I just finished watching this show and I have to vent somewhere wanted to share my views on this.
I went ahead marathoning this show upon hearing that it's written by Urobuchi Gen, (creator of the visual novels Phantom of Inferno, Saya no Uta, Kikokugai, and one of my favorite writers), and I found it to be pretty great. I personally think people put too much focus and bias on animation studio instead of the story writers.

I really enjoyed Blassreiter throughout the series. My favorite parts were probably ep13-14ish (not sure), when Joseph's past was described. I felt however, that the series went kinda downhill from ep20 or 21 (the events from around there were a lot less enjoyable than other events earlier), and the ending was not just rushed, but I think it was 'halfassed'. It just stopped hooking me up to keep watch it somewhere there, and I didn't really like the ending either with the loltweests, and that corny " vision" or whatever I should have interpreted that.
Also, I didn't really like how they introduce a character, and s/he disappears completely or gets killed off, and that's exactly what happened with Snow and Lena.
I would have enjoyed the second half of the series a lot more with additional Elea, she was a really great character.

I'd still recommend the show for every matured person looking for something like this, because while flawed at places, it was still good.
Old 2010-02-20, 11:11   Link #815
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I won't complain over something that didn't happen.

In this show i just about loved all of the cast. There was no one i disliked, because at the end of the day they all had their reasons for doing what they were doing, and i admired that (Wolf was a bit different, though i didn't hate him).

& if anyone here dislikes Al or Brad, then i've lost so much respect for you.

Also the musical score for the series is by far one of the best i've heard this year.
i loved the entire cast, tho i was dissapointed when Gerd died. I thought he was the MC
Old 2010-02-20, 14:38   Link #816
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
i loved the entire cast, tho i was dissapointed when Gerd died. I thought he was the MC
Yeah he was portrayed as the main character to begin with, so i can understand why you thought as much. Still, main characters can still be killed in their own shows.
Old 2010-02-21, 01:38   Link #817
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

the show pretty much had MC after MC, until it was just two people left XD loved the ending tho. (the fight)
Old 2010-05-10, 10:04   Link #818
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Know the Thumb Rule There is no such thing as an Original Story . But recently watched Ayakashi (Visual Novel) and the character designs of Ayakashi were quite similar to Demoniacs/Amalgams from Blassreiter . And Ayakashi aired good 1-2 years before Blassreiter . Here is the OP (SPLR) of Ayakashi to make a comparison
Old 2010-06-14, 17:21   Link #819
xox

HII EVERYONE! I'm Roseline, and I'm new to these forums! Anyways I've watched Blassreiter and I'm obsessed LOL. I know I'm a loser. I just really love the series. Anyways, I've watched the entire 24 episodes, read the manga, and now I wanna read the light novel. But I can't find it anywhere!

It's called Blassreiter Judgement. Can anyone please tell me anything about it? Where to find it? What happens in it? Their opinion on it?

Thank-you! It took me FOREVER to find the manga online to read, and I'm afraid the light novel will be even more hard to find. What is a light novel anyway? LOL
xox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 12:26   Link #820
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
REVIEW TIME

Reading comments and reviews about this anime, one will be really confused if it’s really worth it or not. It is true that it has all the win formula in it but the experienced eye (like moi) is able to see thing clearer and thus it wasn’t that hard to figure out the problems in execution. The reasons are actually quite easy for anyone to understand as long as they don’t have Pokemon as their average anime production.

1) Gonzo. That is enough for all who know this production team to get really negative vibes from the get go. Some may consider this a negative bias but come on, Gonzo didn’t flop because it did things right. These guys are full of good ideas and fancy 3D yet possess no real talent at storytelling or likable smooth animation. Exceptions exist all right (nobody I know of dislikes Kaleido Star) but this anime is surely not one of them.

2) Bad 3D. This is usually the thing that has most arguing about the quality of the animation. It is true that each model is very well detailed and has a look that can make it look scary or cool. It is true that the backgrounds are very well made and the characters look more realistic than the average huge-eyed blob character. But you see, all that have to do with “artwork” and not “animation” which it quite baaad. Looking at those vehicles or monsters moving around just doesn’t feel realistic or likable compared to traditional animation or live action in general. So ok, it looks a lot better since the time they made Vandread but it still far worse than other works of the same era. A fine example is the remake movies of Neon Genesis where the 3D models there feel a lot more realistic in the way they move or fight.

3) Bad aesthetics. Another thing most newcomers to anime can’t figure out is if something looks nice or it’s just laughable. Those who are into videogames or like Power Rangers a lot will most likely find the way machines and monsters look to be awesome; but for those more inclined towards more heavy hardcore sci-fi are bound to laugh at all that. I mean how hard is it for the mutated freaks and the flying motorcycles to be seen as ridiculous, especially when you are annoyed by the bad 3D above? They feel like plastic toys or some shooter videogame and not really a world in the brink of destruction. Would Resident Evil be a good game if the zombies and the characters moved like stiffed robots? It’s the same thing here; instead of being shown something that makes you feel anxiety about the state of the world or the characters, you are presented with nicely made Playmobil figures that completely ruin the mood. And no matter how cool they try to make it look, it still feels fake. I mean the characters transform in seconds to bio-booster-something suits of armor and even transform their motorbikes … which then fly in the air. It may sound cool but we are supposed to be in the real world and about a serious story. All that makes it feel stupid rather than awesome.

4) Bad directing. Most of the duration has a pace which is almost impossible for a casual viewer to follow without being confused or fed up with. It is slow, changes scenes and main characters at random intervals, it isn’t clear about the character motives, it treats mutated humans like cannon fodder, it resurrects many dead people like a superficial shounen show and finally ends in a way that has little to no relation to the rest of the story so far. The villains have imbalanced power levels, their plans are simplistic, most get defeated too soon to really care, most heroes come and go before you manage to like them. Watching this show is like watching election polls. Everything is confusing and you end up forgetting most of it in a few days.

5) Bad start. If first impressions mean a lot than the first episode is just dreadful. You can spot all of what I said so far in just the first half of the episode, as if they are telling us what to expect instead of trying to hide their mistakes for a few hours. Most series make their initial episodes really great before showing their true colors, and that is a great way to hook the viewer in watching further instead of giving up immediately. Not this show; it did its best to make us see all its weaknesses right away. I mean check out the pilot episode; it begins in a racing track were several motorcycles are … well, racing. I am no racing fan but I am definitely sure this race was terrible-looking with its fake motions and almost apathetic viewers. Then we see an ambulance where the patient transforms to a 3D monster, like we are watching Power Rangers. Then it kills the 2D medics in such a way you think they were mannequins. Then the special unit comes to kill it with their plamo machines and a fight scene follows like you are playing a videogame.

All the above may seem like peanuts for all those who care about the mythos of a show rather than its implementation. I mean, ok, the story is actually very deep at moments and changes perspectives of characters all the time in order to flesh them all out. That is actually a very good element but it is simply done wrong. The characters remain so apathetic and distant most of the time that it becomes really hard to like them and then the story moves to somebody else before you manage to get used to it. And the setting is supposed to be a virus epidemic that can destroy the world (which sounds like a very serious matter) yet it plays out like a videogame (which isn’t). It’s just completely off in terms of building an atmosphere. I mean if this was a virtual reality world or some alien planet, then ok, I would buy the premise. But it ain’t; it’s supposed to be our world and thus I couldn’t get into liking it.

About the music part, I have no problems. The soundtrack is very good and the voice actors are doing a fine job, while the dialogues don’t feel too retarded based on what is going on in the story. It is actually the best part in the whole series.

Time to return to my old review format for a chance, as these types of shows need their silly over-analysis.

ART SECTION
General Artwork 2/2: Very good
Character Figures 2/2: Well drawn
Backgrounds 1/2: Very detailed but semi-good blend between 2D – 3D.
Animation 0/2: Very fake-looking.
Visual Effects 1/2: Good but they look like playing a videogame rather than believing you are in the real world.
TOTAL FOR ART: 6/10

SOUND SECTION
Voice Acting 2/3: Good but not exceptional in any way; plus some occasional silly looking screams may ruin it.
Music Themes 3/4: Great intro song but nothing memorable beyond that.
Sound Effects 2/3: Very good if you are playing a videogame but this is supposed to be our world.
TOTAL FOR SOUND: 7/10

STORY SECTION
General Scenario 2/2: It ain’t complicating in its concept but the way it is meant to be told makes it feel good.
Pacing 0/2: Slow and chaotic to the point you lose interest.
Side Stories/Extra Spices 2/2: Lots of those as the story focuses to lots of different people.
Believability/Reasoning/Realism 0/2: Stupid Playmobil in the real world kills it completely.
Conclusion 1/2: Lukewarm and almost anti-climactic with what the heck was going on before.
TOTAL FOR STORY: 5/10

CHARACTER SECTION
Presence 0/2: Distant and apathetic to the point you don’t care about them.
Personality 2/2: Overall a great variety of mannerisms.
Backdrop 2/2: Everybody seems to be there for and by a reason.
Development 1/2: Most develop but it happens in a very erratic way that confuses you.
Catharsis 2/2: Ok, I guess nothing major was left hanging for a sequel.
TOTAL FOR CHARACTERS: 7/10

VALUE SECTION
Historical Value 0/3: None; left nothing worth remembering.
Rewatchability 1/3: Very low; bad use of its elements.
Memorability 2/4: It sure was a fun ride but definitely not a great one.
TOTAL FOR VALUE: 3/10

ENJOYMENT SECTION: 4/10
Bellow average, as the 3D and the slow pacing really kill the otherwise interesting concept and character immersion.

AVERAGE SCORE: 5.3 / 10

Bottom line, it is a good idea with a bad implementation and as long as you don’t expect too much, you may like it.
Blame my negative take of the anime on the Uncanny Valley effect. I like my shows believable to the eye.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bost tv, gonzo, nitroplus, sci-fi