3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.31%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.62%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-17, 16:49   Link #721
thermopyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Sometimes I have to wonder if some bloggers are even watching the same show as the rest of us. An old man suffering from severe dementia and screaming at a television comes to mind, but alas that might not be the case.

As always I present an example to people to put things into perspective and for fun. I am not responsible for any damage to people's psyche they may endure while reading about the "events" of "Gundam 00 Episode 23".
That blog was full of fun.

I'm happy I'm not the only one who was annoyed at Lockon.Lockon.Lockon.Lockon. rather than moved by it.
thermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 17:17   Link #722
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
Ali even has a mutual obsession with Setsuna.
No?

BTW, why did Nena run away? Setsuna saved her sorry ass.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 17:22   Link #723
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
Brother...
Brother? I thought he had a sister. So Lyle's Lockon's brother? haha
ani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 17:40   Link #724
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermopyle View Post
That blog was full of fun.

I'm happy I'm not the only one who was annoyed at Lockon.Lockon.Lockon.Lockon. rather than moved by it.
I was annoyed by it too. The moving part was what came before it with his final words and Setsuna's scream.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 18:00   Link #725
Tendou88

Why do some people say Ali is dead ?
They didn't show the cockpit explode.

And they didnt show Lockon's corpse, Nena could have pick him up while she returned to trinity spaceship, but there is a very low chance for that to happen :P
Tendou88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 18:10   Link #726
Slayerx

Ali's not dead, the writers are not done with him yet... Main reasons he is still alive
From Last episode:
Johann: "He rewrote the programing?! He can use Veda?!"
and from this episode
Ali: *see's Virtue on the battlefield* "So you've come..."

Ya, seems like Ali is the same as Teira, Neena, and that other kid... If that's true then the writers can't be done with him yet and will have to build upon that... not to mention Ali is a leading villian and as such, his death will involve him getting in one last "Damn You!", "Impossible!" or "ARRRRG" before we see him brun away in explosive glory; as opposed to not seeing him his final moments, that's only for B-class characters like our friendly flag pilot... grant it, i'm finding it odd that 3 out of 4 meisters have some kind of connection to Ali... though i do find it funny how many enemies Ali has made with named characters; Setsuna, Lockon, Saji, and Neena (and everyone is gonna be mad about Lock on's death... Haro?!) all have a personal grudge against him... who will be the one to get their revenge

Frankly, i'm hoping Lockon stays dead... coming back to life only serves to ruin the impact of character morality and just plan ruins a previous really good death scene. I hope that the writers and directors have enough talent that they know Lock on is better off staying dead than coming back as a "masked man"... though i will miss the LockonXFelt moments <.>

And i'm wondering if they will make or break Saji... Really, they can't leave him just sitting at home cursing the gundams, he's got to get involved in some way or form... Though i can see things going so far south that it's not even funny... I'm rather hoping he gets involved but not as a fighter; getting involved on a different level

And what of Neena, what shall her fate be... she's got no chance of joining the UN, and her chances are rather slim with her joining CB... She'll likely rely on Ming to get her back into space where she can find a place to recharge her suit... After that, i think it's mostly likely she will join up with what's his name on the moon; every villain needs minons...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 18:13   Link #727
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou88 View Post
Why do some people say Ali is dead ?
They didn't show the cockpit explode.

And they didnt show Lockon's corpse, Nena could have pick him up while she returned to trinity spaceship, but there is a very low chance for that to happen :P
You don't need to show the cockpit exploding to assume that he might have died. The chain of events before the explosion seemed close enough to a death to me. The scene is akin to an incarnation of the devil being engulfed by light, and finally vaporizing into nothingness.

Ali charges in to take down Lockon. It shows him taking aim with the pistol. He lets out a battle yell. But all of this is done with no sound.

Lockon: "I'LL SNIPE YOU TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The gigantic beam from the GN Arms hits the Throne unit's legs. The unit is silhouetted in black, with its red eyes highly pronounced before it gets its shot off.

But I still admit that Ali is the cockroach of this series, giving him a decent chance of surviving Lockon's final shot.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 18:14   Link #728
Algent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
Im preeeety sure Ali is dead and Zwei is "scrapped".
The Zwei is certainly damaged but he is alive because we didn't see him dying
It's always like that in anime... :/
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 18:22   Link #729
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
You don't need to show the cockpit exploding to assume that he might have died. The chain of events before the explosion seemed close enough to a death to me. The scene is akin to an incarnation of the devil being engulfed by light, and finally vaporizing into nothingness.

Ali charges in to take down Lockon. It shows him taking aim with the pistol. He lets out a battle yell. But all of this is done with no sound.

Lockon: "I'LL SNIPE YOU TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The gigantic beam from the GN Arms hits the Throne unit's legs. The unit is silhouetted in black, with its red eyes highly pronounced before it gets its shot off.

But I still admit that Ali is the cockroach of this series, giving him a decent chance of surviving Lockon's final shot.
yeah..... for nobodies its enough, but not for a character of ali's nature tho after the kill streak he's been own. The first thing i thought about when i saw that scene was that he wasnt dead.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 18:26   Link #730
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
yeah..... for nobodies its enough, but not for a character of ali's nature tho after the kill streak he's been own. The first thing i thought about when i saw that scene was that he wasnt dead.
Kill streaks don't mean much to me. FPS players know that a camper such as Lockon can end it all too easily.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 18:30   Link #731
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Kill streaks don't mean much to me. FPS players know that a camper such as Lockon can end it all too easily.
rofl.....
Old 2008-03-17, 18:33   Link #732
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Who thinks Neena would "join" CE?
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 18:49   Link #733
ani_d

There was no "Meanwhile, on Saji's land" part in this episode, huh? Omg. That's a first. O.O
ani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 18:50   Link #734
Terra

One thing that interests me in this episode that everyone seems to be overlooking with Lockon's death is that Soma called Allelujah by his supersoldier number. Back in ep 11 that scientist hide who Allelujah was, so when did they get this info about him? And if they know that much about him, then I would have though it would be fairly simple for them to track Allelujah to what he currently looks like, along with his personality problem.
Old 2008-03-17, 19:04   Link #735
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
One thing that interests me in this episode that everyone seems to be overlooking with Lockon's death is that Soma called Allelujah by his supersoldier number. Back in ep 11 that scientist hide who Allelujah was, so when did they get this info about him? And if they know that much about him, then I would have though it would be fairly simple for them to track Allelujah to what he currently looks like, along with his personality problem.
1. I'm guessing they got the info out of the scientist. After all, they did arrest him.

2. The personality "problem" started after Allelujah was supposed to be disposed of.
Old 2008-03-17, 19:05   Link #736
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
You bring up a very interesting point there Terra. Maybe they got the info after the supersoldier program got exposed or perhaps Soma already knew who Allelujah was after their first close encounter...
Old 2008-03-17, 19:07   Link #737
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
1. I'm guessing they got the info out of the scientist. After all, they did arrest him.

Old 2008-03-17, 19:09   Link #738
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
And the meaning is?
Old 2008-03-17, 19:10   Link #739
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
And the meaning is?
just thats likely one of the answers.
Old 2008-03-17, 19:32   Link #740
tarachi
Observer

Ali is probably not dead, well since there's 2 episodes remaining and we have yet to see Graham and Alejandro's BIG MA (it's an MA right?). We might not see Ali and (if he is lucky) he might be part of Season 2.
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote