AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 93 45.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 36 17.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 5.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.99%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-02, 14:12   Link #221
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
how about Beat Angel Esclayer
... I am intrigued by this current train of thought. Do carry on.

*ahem* Well, that was an interesting episode. Good comedy in the first half, good drama the second. I love how everyone suddenly jumps on the 'Boo! Boo! Evil SSS bullying Tenshi!' bandwagon. Heh, that this bandwagon is jumped so heavily means the producers have done their job well, because this is likely exactly the response they're looking for.

Rather than cursing the SSS and pitying Tenshi though, I'm more curious what the series has in store for her from now on. This can't be the end of her, but I don't see her simply joining the SSS either.
Old 2010-05-02, 14:27   Link #222
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
... I am intrigued by this current train of thought. Do carry on.

Yurippe's VA is current voicing Haurka in Beat Blade Haruko which is set in the same universe as Beagt Angel Esclayer.

She... ah screams very well
Old 2010-05-02, 15:08   Link #223
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

And thus the potential for doujin surged. The state of the H fandom surrounding this anime is going to be... interesting to say the least.
Old 2010-05-02, 15:15   Link #224
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

I had an unusual feeling of satisfaction at the angel's plight. Knowing that the enemy is probably just as human and can be broken should inspire more targeted strategies, rather than doing random operations with only general knowledge about the situation. It's useful for this team of dolts.
Old 2010-05-02, 15:16   Link #225
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Only just watched this episode now, and I have to say I honestly don't remember the last time my sides hurting from so much laughter. The first half was beyond awesome.

The second half was just too sad. I really just feel sorry for Tenshi. And it didn't feel jarring in anyway either, because it was an expected event follwing the first half.

The new big bad appearing, was quite surprising. I really do hope the team decides to let Tenshi join.

Yep, this is the first Angel Beats episode, i've given a perfect 10 for. The ebst episode so far (and coincidently, no TK Engrish, either)

Last edited by Haak; 2010-05-02 at 16:37.
Old 2010-05-02, 15:25   Link #226
KanadeYuri

What will they do now that they know she's like them? And is the purpose of the afterlife is just finishing what you started when you died and that's it? so... what's the rest of the anime about?

And why Kanade exists?

I don't understand!! :O
Old 2010-05-02, 16:02   Link #227
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Yurippe's VA is current voicing Haurka in Beat Blade Haruko which is set in the same universe as Beagt Angel Esclayer.

Oh man, bringing up Beat Angel Escalayer made me imagine Tenshi taking her revenge on Yuri the same way the white haired girl in BAE did. I'm sure you know what I mean

Can't unsee.
Old 2010-05-02, 16:52   Link #228
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:

Yep, according to Myanimelist, she seems to be primarily a H-anime VA. Not that I care...

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-05-02, 17:17   Link #229
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
I just love the flying chair thing.. plus the reply with the music... i couldnt stop laughing
Old 2010-05-02, 17:22   Link #230
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Might I remind everybody that Angel Beats is a mixed media project, in the sense that it is released in multiple media covering different parts of the whole story near-simultaneously. Thus, if you want in-depth knowledge regarding the characters and their motives (including how the SSS was formed and other background info), you need to be exposed to the other media, especially the prequel novel.

No. And they did. Read the prequel.
Just read it and further proves Yurippe is an idiot. She automatically assumes that God exists because this is the afterlife without any such evidence. She then assumes that Tenshi is the closest to God even though missing the point that the Teachers are the ones who give out roll call and have to deal with attendance thus they must have some good idea about what's going on unless they're NPCs but the show seems to contradict that.

The questioning is idiotic because he asks the obvious questions of "Does God exist" instead of say where they are or how is this possible. Hell they still need sleep, are hungry, and feel pain which suggests not a normal afterlife. After the initial questioning is over, he doesn't go back and try again or ask any different questions to different people instead he just moves on.

The prequel also further emphasizes how ridiculous this setting is. Why would you go to school at all after you're dead? I've seen no restrictions that would force a person to continually go to school especially if you're planning on rebelling.
Old 2010-05-02, 17:29   Link #231
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Oh man, bringing up Beat Angel Escalayer made me imagine Tenshi taking her revenge on Yuri the same way the white haired girl in BAE did. I'm sure you know what I mean

Can't unsee.
It is a trap
Old 2010-05-02, 17:33   Link #232
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
The prequel also further emphasizes how ridiculous this setting is. Why would you go to school at all after you're dead? I've seen no restrictions that would force a person to continually go to school especially if you're planning on rebelling.
In order to simulate a world where the kids of that age can fall into a pattern to give them the time to settle their minds and prepare for the next live, a world most similar to the average person is created. One in which they are likely to quickly feel comfortable and adapt.

Think of it like the Matrix, created with an ideal surrounding that the human mind can quickly accept.

On the other subject: Plot device, obviously. Answers are given at the end, if you know all the answers to the mysteries of this world in the beginning, it wouldn't be a mystery, would it?
Old 2010-05-02, 17:40   Link #233
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
In order to simulate a world where the kids of that age can fall into a pattern to give them the time to settle their minds and prepare for the next live, a world most similar to the average person is created. One in which they are likely to quickly feel comfortable and adapt.

Think of it like the Matrix, created with an ideal surrounding that the human mind can quickly accept.

On the other subject: Plot device, obviously. Answers are given at the end, if you know all the answers to the mysteries of this world in the beginning, it wouldn't be a mystery, would it?
It's obviously a plot device but I'll leave that alone. Yes it's to simulate a world that the kids would be familiar with but if you plan on rebelling against the system, why would you bother going to school? Why not trying to establish telecommunications or seeing how far the world extends?
Old 2010-05-02, 17:57   Link #234
Key Board
Carbon

Perhaps someone already tried.

But perhaps they passed on long before Yuri's generation arrived and thus, failed to tell their findings.
Yuri will probably stumble upon a diary one day.

I've also noticed that there are adults here except for the token teachers.
This is probably some kind of purgatory for people with issues of that certain age.

Older people probably go to another purgatory. Non Japanese go to another purgatory.
And people with spiky orange hair go to soul society.
Old 2010-05-02, 18:03   Link #235
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Perhaps someone already did

But they attain nirvana/passed on/disappeared long before Yuri's generation of delinquents arrirved.
Then it's pointless. Anyone could have done anything but we as the audience don't know. Establishing communications would be a priority for anyone like seeing if the internet exists or if the telephone lines work. We, and from what we know the characters as well, have no clue about how this world is set up or even basic limitations. We have seen very little of the outside world other than the school and it's amazing that nobody has checked up on this.
Old 2010-05-02, 19:06   Link #236
raxel
rawr

omg omg

LOL i love how in the second half its all like
TACHIBANA SAN I WANT TO GO OUT WITH YOU!

hinata is sent flying
i was on the floor crying lol
10 : 10 epic episode!

"whats her name"
"angel."
"ARE YOU STUPID?"
Old 2010-05-02, 19:34   Link #237
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Considering the fact that they didn't even know her name, I wonder about the questions they were asking her. It also seems that they didn't even ask or inquire why the teachers are there and whether they know some info.
They did. Yurippe simply forgot. She saids it during the anime.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2010-05-02, 19:34   Link #238
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Now, the thing I like about this series is that it gets me riled up on my favorite 3 activities with animes series:
3. Finding inconsistencies
Fact 1: The appearance of Guild shows that they have been fighting for many years.
Fact 2: From the way Yuri talks about the test period, they have been going through it many times as well
Inconsistency: Yet she thinks up this 'switch the exam' idea only now? I know she said that 'we're idiots', but she's shown enough cunning to NOT miss a chance to harass Tenshi.
Late response to thing, but happened to think up something that contradicts this theory being that Yuri didn't consider an "emotional/mental" attack method to be an option since she was thought as similar to an "NPC" so thought to lack emotions completely, so naturally after finding out she is like them, Yuri then realized such tactics might be effective againist her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
They did. Yurippe simply forgot. She saids it during the anime.
I am pretty sure she was lying there, I don't think she could have really forgotten her name.
MAL

Last edited by Kotohono; 2010-05-02 at 19:49.
Old 2010-05-02, 20:43   Link #239
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
I am pretty sure she was lying there, I don't think she could have really forgotten her name.
Which greatly adds to the 'Yurippe is lying' theory.

On a side note, I think business has picked up since ep 5.
Old 2010-05-02, 20:53   Link #240
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity
Your statement, "she rarely, if ever, acts in an aggressive manner," is as retrospective as it can be.
Just like Yurippe miright ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
For all the SSS could care, she has had a lot of pain-inflicting battles with them, they'd be nervous just being in her field of vision.
Oh geez, such bully Tenshi is for kicking SSS' *** for no reason whatsoever hmm...

Last edited by maplehurry; 2010-05-02 at 22:20.
Closed Thread