AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-23, 00:43   Link #1001
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I'll pretend the series never happened (even though I have already watched it).

I guess nothing being memorable helps though...
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 02:28   Link #1002
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Continuing with the weirdness, now the manga-ka for the manga adaption asked to stop work on it because she found it boring, although I can't say I blame her.... ANN article with more detail
Ahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oh lord ... that's it, what Yamakan needs to do to make a hit is to make an anime about the making of Fractale. Based on the source, this has the potential to be the best drama/Dark-comedy anime in ages
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Then again Mari Okada has characters like "crazy pervert writer" and "crazy engrish speaking management woman" in Hanasaku Iroha so I'm not too surprised by this.
Re: Canaan + Darker than Black 2 and others.

The woman can write some nice stories, but damn if she doesn't have a problem with trying to keep focus and root out the stupid out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Wow. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.
I don't know, on one hand (hurrr) she should have bit her tongue and made it through with this and took her pay check at the end of the day, but then again it must have been frustrating to work on this manga. For starters, its Fractale, anyone would complain and then there is the bit about how no one is actually interested in this adaption to start with (manga adaption of anime are largely not very successful, with a few exceptions) and I would question if anyone is actually buying let alone reading it. So I guess the least she could do is just voice some of her frustration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This is so hilarious

All this Yamakan drama made Fractale worth it. Everyone is spitting on him now.
Well, he was the one who was sort of acting like a huge dick to everyone in the first place. Makes since that he isn't that respected by many.
Old 2011-06-23, 07:51   Link #1003
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I don't know, on one hand (hurrr) she should have bit her tongue and made it through with this and took her pay check at the end of the day, but then again it must have been frustrating to work on this manga. For starters, its Fractale, anyone would complain and then there is the bit about how no one is actually interested in this adaption to start with (manga adaption of anime are largely not very successful, with a few exceptions) and I would question if anyone is actually buying let alone reading it. So I guess the least she could do is just voice some of her frustration.
I was thinking also of her future employment prospects. Would you give a job to someone who badmouthed her previous employer so publicly? A lot of employers wouldn't. Especially, I think, in Japan where corporate loyalty is a highly valued trait.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 04:24   Link #1004
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I saw a supposed translation of the deleted blog post, and I must say that if it's ture, then wow. Poor woman, there is only so much one can endure.

Oh, and in Japanese

(wandering-dreamer is in it too~)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I was thinking also of her future employment prospects. Would you give a job to someone who badmouthed her previous employer so publicly? A lot of employers wouldn't. Especially, I think, in Japan where corporate loyalty is a highly valued trait.
I find it hilarious how much we can apply this to Yamakan himself

But yeah I do think that you are right about that. She shouldn't have badmouthed the manga on her blog where the world could see it. She was clearly frustrated, but I think it would've been better had she spoke with a close friend or something.

Still, I have to say that this didn't make Yamakan look any better. Had he had any grace or class, he wouldn't have made these sort of comments and simply told her to stop quietly/dealt with it discreetly. But then again he would be our lovably director unless he huffed and puffed about it and how anime is doomed publicly.
Old 2011-06-25, 09:27   Link #1005
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Lol, it looks like that Japanese post just took a lot of the comments from ANN and translated them, it's still a bit of a weird feeling though.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 12:48   Link #1006
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

And a small follow-up.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 01:55   Link #1007
amasposu

I just finished the series.

The series feels too short. There could have been more character development. While I'm like the story a lot, I'm unsatisfied with how the story flowed. It feels like the second half of the series is rushed. The ending feels really anti-climatic. I really like all the character designs and story developments. <:

Phryne is so cute. 8D

It is a shame that the story did not flow better. I give the series a 7.5/10.
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 11:17   Link #1008
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

This all came out about 3 days ago... Trailer for FUNimation's English dub of Fractale.

Cast:
Spoiler:

Totally called Luci Christian and Monica Rial. I dunno how, I just knew they'd be in there. I didn't know Phryne's name was pronounced as "Frin". o_O Guess I was ruined by the Japanese "Firune".

Tags
a-1 pictures, noitamina, yamamoto yutaka