AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-11-13, 11:23   Link #17021
NyxOne

That's because in Stage 25 her kiss was out of the blue, and in Turn 1 it was also out of the blue plus Lelouch was not who he once was and scared out of his wits.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 12:00   Link #17022
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
That's because in Stage 25 her kiss was out of the blue, and in Turn 1 it was also out of the blue plus Lelouch was not who he once was and scared out of his wits.
So was Kallen's kiss. In the scene where she approached him to kiss him she was a few steps ahead, and you could see he was shocked for a second. She caught him off guard the same as the other two girls.
Despite that in that scene his eyes were closed and they showed both mouths were open.
Old 2008-11-13, 13:00   Link #17023
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
its also at the end of a long progression on both parts rather then coming out of nowhere from his point of view
he may not have been expecting her to kiss him
but they were at that point in their relationship where it could easily be mutual

sherly kissed him out of the blue in terms of relationship (he didnt even know why she asked him on a date)
he may not have even known that she has feelings for him
and might not have had time to understand that he may have feelings for her himself
its only after he was forced to make her forget about him that he understood what she ment to him
the classic "dont know what you've got till its gone" thing

C.C's kiss came out of no where on both times (and both times were for a very specific reason, memory related)
before the kiss C.C had shown no interest in him what so ever in a romantic context (always stressing that they were partners)
and its was probably the first time she had shown any kind of "romantic" interest in him at all in any way (and again he may not have had enough time or reasons to figure out if he feels the same way about her)
evident by the fact that once he gets his memory back neither one of them ever talks about it again (despite spending more time together then any of the pairings)

kallens kiss camre after a full season of development that focused on their relationship (most but not nearly all of it from kallens end)
he knew kallen had feelings for him (even if he only viewed it as a crash) and had no illusions on the matter
but there are also development on lelouch's end starting with ep 7 (where he finally understands that his fight is not only about nunnaly)

when kallen is captured you see lelouch panic (both in his response and his actions in trying to save her)
his reaction is so strong that both C.C and kallen are shocked by it
and his seperation from her probably gave him the time to really understand what she ment to him after all (same deal with sherly, only without it being a complete loss,since he vows to get her back)
merely seeing her again in ep 19 is enough to snap him out of his BSOD, and despite his own pain he tends to her needs rather then his own
making sure that she doesnt feel betrayed about him and C.C fooling around behind her back while she was in prison, telling her he is glad that shes safe and asking her to forgive him for taking as long as he did in rescuing her (when has he ever asked for forgiveness from anyone aside from sherly, for killing her father)
she even brings up nunnaly and his response is pretty calm (she may be trying to comfort him, but its still a touch subject ATM)
and after the events of ep 19 in which she rather strongly hammers home the point that she would rather die then leave his side (and what he has to do in order to prevent that) she also comes out and asks him what she means to him (and he seems to consider the qustion before spoting shnizel, probably giving him more reason to act as he did)

its very probable that lelouch had plenty of time in the month between to come to terms with how HE feels about her
and his actions concerning her support this theory (asking her to take the long way around, not being able to look her in the eye when she asks him what she means to him, and his rather depressed state at seeing her walk away)
so under these conditions its understandble that the kiss would have had more impact on him
since for the first time he is also aware of his own feelings for her (and her feelings for him) before the kiss itself (which makes it more memorable)
Old 2008-11-13, 13:43   Link #17024
Grey Dawn
zzzzzzzz

Ahh, the Kallen thread, aka the other romance thread.

To throw the conversation onto a different topic, what seems to be Kallen's opinion of Suzaku at the end of the series? I would've thought she'd dislike him even more for killing Lelouch, but I've seen some people think she'd grow more accepting of him.

It's curious to me since people have talked about Suzaku, Kallen, and Nunally working to protect the peace Lelouch died for, but how willing would Kallen be to work with Suzaku? Nunally yes, but it's not hard for me to see her dumping the positive side effects of ZR on the man she loves and the negative side effects on the man she hates. Emotions and humans aren't always that rational about such things.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 13:53   Link #17025
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

actually
in their last fight kallen comments that while she and suzaku had used different methods she always belived that he was doing what he felt was best for japan
and during the fight she was amazed at his power (she doesnt know about his geass) and was wondering "if you have so much power then why..." (probably why are you doing all this just to get more)
she comments that if he only had a sense of justice... (you'd be a perfect hero?)
she was fighting him under the impression that all he was after at that point was power (hence her comments)
now that she knows the real reason why he was doing everything he did in the last arc
i think she would be willing to work with him if it was needed (she did except him as zero, the "hero of justice") even more so if it was to protect what lelouch died to create
she also understands why lelouch died (and that it was all his plan) so i doubt she'd blame suzaku for it all that much (nunnaly seems to have forgiven him)
the only thing i could see in their way at this point is the refrain incident (which is a pretty big thing, but like sherly said "nothing is unforgivble")
but from the looks of things kallen's out of that life for the moment
Old 2008-11-13, 13:54   Link #17026
Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn View Post
Ahh, the Kallen thread, aka the other romance thread.

To throw the conversation onto a different topic, what seems to be Kallen's opinion of Suzaku at the end of the series? I would've thought she'd dislike him even more for killing Lelouch, but I've seen some people think she'd grow more accepting of him.

It's curious to me since people have talked about Suzaku, Kallen, and Nunally working to protect the peace Lelouch died for, but how willing would Kallen be to work with Suzaku? Nunally yes, but it's not hard for me to see her dumping the positive side effects of ZR on the man she loves and the negative side effects on the man she hates. Emotions and humans aren't always that rational about such things.
Post material puts her away from everyone except Nunally, Zerozaku, and some people from the student council. She moves on from the Order, fighting, and the like and goes to further schooling (medical school).
I'd say she's forgiven Suzaku, especially since its stated several times that she understood everything (this will probably mean even the burden on Suzaku) along with Lelouch's feelings.
The three of them will likely do their parts in different ways until their time comes to reunite with Lelouch, but that only seems to apply to Kallen and Suzaku since Nunally's post material stuff is sad but it talks about moving towards tomorrow.
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 13:59   Link #17027
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Someone else who wants to talk about things that don't have anything to do with romance?
I'd ask you if I may hug you, but I think I'm starting to creep people out... oh well. xD
Errr, anyway....
I don't think Kallen hates Suzaku. She respected him even before Zero Requiem, in a way - for doing what he thought was right.
She knew that Lelouch wanted to die and that Suzaku merely granted him his wish/followed his orders/however you like to put it.
In the epilogue, Kallen didn't seem bitter to me at all. She's a normal student now, and even though I'm sure she'll help protecting the new found peace, she doesn't have to work with "Zero" just yet.
It may take some time until she can look the killer of her one true love in the eye, but that's all right.
He wears a mask, after all.
*pauses*...I really shouldn't make lame jokes.
But Kallen certainly doesn't seem the type to me who would take the easiest route and hate Suzaku for sharing Lelouch's dream and helping him realize it.
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 14:39   Link #17028
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Well, on the bulletin board of her friends, one of the top pictures is Suzaku (being bit by Arthur if I remember right). I doubt she would have a picture of him w/ eveyone else if she didn't like him anymore.
Old 2008-11-13, 14:43   Link #17029
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Well, on the bulletin board of her friends, one of the top pictures is Suzaku (being bit by Arthur if I remember right). I doubt she would have a picture of him w/ eveyone else if she didn't like him anymore.
Maybe she likes throwing darts at it. ;P
Errr... no, I agree, of course. xD
Old 2008-11-13, 14:53   Link #17030
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Maybe she likes throwing darts at it. ;P
Errr... no, I agree, of course. xD
Well, I didn't see any holes in the picture, and I would think it would be unwise to hang a picture you throw darts at w/ ones of your other treasured people (unless she has really good aim.
Old 2008-11-13, 14:57   Link #17031
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Well, I didn't see any holes in the picture, and I would think it would be unwise to hang a picture you throw darts at w/ ones of your other treasured people (unless she has really good aim.
Well, of course she has!
It's Kallen, after all. xD
Old 2008-11-13, 15:04   Link #17032
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Lol this whole Suzaku/kallen post war relationship reminds me a fic I read, where they meet each other in front of Lulu's grave and ended up by having sex right here lead by some angsty xD
It was really well written BTW <_<

But I think Kallen doesn't hate Suzaku anymore; Now, the next time she will meet him, their exchange will be certainly kinda weird or shy at ths start; I can totally see Suzaku trying to apologize and Kallen, while nice and all, a bit distant; Hard to forget this very guy which is wearing the costume of her leader killed the man she loved.

But at the end, their relationship seems meant to be right, since the end is pointing toward their frienship, with his photography in her room.

Talking about that makes me nostalgic -_-

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 15:09   Link #17033
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Lol this whole Suzaku/kallen post war relationship reminds me a fic I read, where they meet each other in front of Lulu's grave and ended up by having sex right here lead by some angsty xD
Ohhh, I read that, too.
I liked it, even though I more or less skipped the sex scene. xD

Quote:
But I think Kallen doesn't hate Suzaku anymore; Now, the next time she will meet him, their exchange will be certainly kinda weird or shy at ths start; I can totally see Suzaku trying to apologize and Kallen, while nice and all, a bit distant; Hard to forget this very guy which is wearing the costume of her leader killed the man she loved.

But at the end, their relationship seems meant to be right, since the end is pointing toward their frienship, with his photography in her room.

Talking about that makes me nostalgic -_-
*nods her head in agreement*
Code Geass always makes me nostalgic.
Whenever I see Lelouch, Suzaku or Clovis, it makes me a little sad - even though I'll still squeal like the obsessed fangirl I am. xD
Old 2008-11-13, 15:18   Link #17034
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Ohhh, I read that, too.
I liked it, even though I more or less skipped the sex scene. xD

Code Geass always makes me nostalgic.
Whenever I see Lelouch, Suzaku or Clovis, it makes me a little sad - even though I'll still squeal like the obsessed fangirl I am. xD
Same here; It was clearly one of the saddest end I saw in an anime (Certainly because I was really addicted -_-)
The sex scene wasn't really described; We just knew they had sex and this made Suzaku more and more angsty to make this in front of Lelouch's grave with a girl whom relationship with Lelouch wasn't clear to him (I can understand him <_<"")

BTW I'm really happy too see that Nunnally and Kallen keep in touch; I would have like to see more of their intrecations, though it was more or less a way to show that Kallen's time in jail was onre more time related to Lelouch.

It seems they ended up by really appreciate each other...and adding to this that they both lost the man they loved. (It reminds me another fic xD For Two. heartbreaking >_<)
In a way I'm sad because of the CG end, of the Lelouch and and of the Kallen's end but I think it's too a way to make this epic for me; This tragic end keep me on fire about CG. If the end had been happy I don't think I'll have stay stuck to this anime like this.

Lulu T.T

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 15:21   Link #17035
Eliarine

Hey, I read that too xD Actually, the ending to the series makes me crave Kallen/Suzaku friendship fics. They're among the only ones who would know the real truth and they both lost a man they loved. And Kallen is probably one of the few people Suzaku could honestly talk to after Turn 25 apart from Nunally.

;_;
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 15:26   Link #17036
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Same here; It was clearly one of the saddest end I saw in an anime (Certainly because I was really addicted -_-)
*nods*
I usually don't cry, but with Code Geass... I was crying and laughing hysterically at the same time. xD
The crying stopped rather soon, but the laughing... uhm, let's just say my family looked at me rather strangely - once again. xD

Quote:
The sex scene wasn't really described; We just knew they had sex and this made Suzaku more and more angsty to make this in front of Lelouch's grave with a girl whom relationship with Lelouch wasn't clear to him (I can understand him <_<"")
Oh, so I didn't skip it, it wasn't there in the first place?
Ah, that's good to know. xD

Quote:
BTW I'm really happy too see that Nunnally and Kallen keep in touch

Quote:
In a way I'm sad because of the CG end, of the Lelouch and and of the Kallen's end but I think it's too a way to make this epic for me; This tragic end keep me on fire about CG. If the end had been happy I don't think I'll have stay stuck to this anime like this.
*nods again*
Not to mention that wiring fanfic about a truly happy ending would bore me.
Then again... I ruined world peace anyway in my current project, so maybe I would still have written it. But I'm not sure, so I'll cheer for sad(!) happy endings from now on.

Quote:
Lulu T.T
*sighs*
Such a sad fate...

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Hey, I read that too xD Actually, the ending to the series makes me crave Kallen/Suzaku friendship fics. They're among the only ones who would know the real truth and they both lost a man they loved. And Kallen is probably one of the few people Suzaku could honestly talk to after Turn 25 apart from Nunally.

;_;
Agreed. Q_Q
Old 2008-11-13, 15:30   Link #17037
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

OK
new idea for nunnaly and kallen interactions (fan fici but nice)
since lelouch is the most hated and despised basterd in the history of mankind
burying him in britannia under the name Lelouch vi britannia is like a written invite for anyone with a gradge to smash his tombstone every night

so while there is a grave for him in britannia (made by nunnaly)
his actual body is buried in japan under the name Lelouch lamperuge (in secret)
the only people who know about it being buried there are suzaku nunnaly and kallen
everytime nunnaly visits japan (which is quite often, for meetings and such)
she pays a visit to his grave there
but since the idea is to keep his grave site secret
she goes there in secret (wig and glasses)
and since she cant go there in secret with suzaku (since zero tends to stick out, and he cant take the mask off)
then everytime shes in japan she and suzaku meet kallen in secret and suzaku lets kallen take her to the grave site instead of going with her (they spend a few hours together everytime she visits)
the logic being that since its in secret there wouldnt be much of a risk in it
and that since lelouch was more then willing to place his life in kallens hands when he was alive, nunnaly is perfectly willing to do the same
it basiclly gives them a chance to spend some time together and talk about the past (and their own lives) kinda like they did while kallen was in prison
just my idea
Old 2008-11-13, 15:33   Link #17038
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
I read that fic. It was well written, but I can't see Kallen having sex w/ someone just like that. I mean she didn't even do that w/ Lelouch in episode 7. She's classic tsundere, quick to anger and slap some sense in her man, but suddenly becomes really pensive when the big moments come up.

Well, to be certain, Kallen doesn't have alot of choices in the romance department since she probably couldn't/wouldn't want to be in a relationship w/ anyone who hated Lelouch (99.9999999999999999999999999% of the world population). So in her age group, that would leave: Suzaku, Gino and Rival. Suzaku would be doing the Zero thing w/ Nunnally. Gino has a shot, I guess. And Rival (to quote the picture drama): "No, just no."

youngde, signing off.
Old 2008-11-13, 15:48   Link #17039
Lie

Quote:
I read that fic. It was well written, but I can't see Kallen having sex w/ someone just like that. I mean she didn't even do that w/ Lelouch in episode 7. She's classic tsundere, quick to anger and slap some sense in her man, but suddenly becomes really pensive when the big moments come up.

Well, to be certain, Kallen doesn't have alot of choices in the romance department since she probably couldn't/wouldn't want to be in a relationship w/ anyone who hated Lelouch (99.9999999999999999999999999% of the world population). So in her age group, that would leave: Suzaku, Gino and Rival. Suzaku would be doing the Zero thing w/ Nunnally. Gino has a shot, I guess. And Rival (to quote the picture drama): "No, just no."

youngde, signing off.
If we're going by post season info then Gino has been removed from the running several times over. He knows nothing about Lelouch and is in the group of people who knew little to nothing and understood nothing. Rivalz is also one who knows nothing, but at lest Kallen keeps in touch with him not so much with Gino. The only people who pieced anything together, aside from Kallen and Nunally, would be Kaguya and the upper echelon of the Order but what they pieced together is only a fraction of the truth. Characters like Gino, Anya, Cornelia, and the lower echelon are all out of the loop that much has been more or less confirmed.
Her post season material has put her at Suzaku or someone completely unrelated later in life.
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 15:59   Link #17040
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
If we're going by post season info then Gino has been removed from the running several times over. He knows nothing about Lelouch and is in the group of people who knew little to nothing and understood nothing. Rivalz is also one who knows nothing, but at lest Kallen keeps in touch with him not so much with Gino. The only people who pieced anything together, aside from Kallen and Nunally, would be Kaguya and the upper echelon of the Order but what they pieced together is only a fraction of the truth. Characters like Gino, Anya, Cornelia, and the lower echelon are all out of the loop that much has been more or less confirmed.
Hm... I could imagine Cornelia finding out the truth somewhere in the future, when she has digested everything.
She's Cornelia, after all - probably the one who knew all her sibling best (and I emphasize the "all" here, because Euphie, for example, realized some things about Lelouch her older sister didn't).
And Anya... I don't think Jeremiah will leave her in the dark forever. ;P

Quote:
Her post season material has put her at Suzaku or someone completely unrelated later in life.
Or she stays single.
Or someone (Suzaku? Kallen herself?) tells Gino about Lelouch and they get together.
Or Kallen decided that she should go after cats in the future, because they usually don't die in animes.
We'll never know, but it's fun to speculate a little. xD