3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.43%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-27, 02:20   Link #461
Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
So how about the fact that Marie seems to have at one point been like a bigger sister character to Allelujah in how she gave him his name. It sort of makes sense why Allellujah has never been able to best Soma (His subconcious sees her as stronger, better and more capable then him because of their past together except for the one moment where his personalities merged and he was psychologically and physically on par with her) in combat and why she seems like an obstacle to him proving himself as a super soldier. It also makes sense now why she seems to treat him as inferior now as the part of her personality that originally saw him as a weaker peer that she needed to look after and comfort has probably been corrupted into seeing him as a failure that needs to be humiliated and tied up like an animal (kind of how he was muzzled in the prison there).
That is stretching it a bit there. Except for a few random moments and their final encounter, you are comparing a super-soldier fighting at max capacity, to one only fighting at half - of which the side that excelled at fighting lay dormant - and even then I'm stretching the truth as Allelujiah himself never really got a chance to fight Soma.

With that being said though, equal? Really? If it weren't for Sergei's heroics Soma would have been dead, I dare say she would have been the result of perhaps the biggest "ownage" of the first season. I mean really, equals? The moment that Al/Hal put their minds together, it just ended right there for Soma.

Secondly, not play the part of a shovanist, but Allelujiah IS older than Soma/Marie. She views him as unworthy because he she deems herself to be the perfect super-soldier, and him to be nothing more than a mistake. This senseless pride that she has was exactly the reason why fighting "Specimen E-57" at full strength ended with her almost bitting the dust.

Personally, I believe it is the other way around, I believe it Allelujiah who plays the part of the "older brother" in their relationship. Allelujiah was the first, and at full strength, stronger than Soma/Maria, and this was on a machine that was half mauled. I may sound like I'm praising the ground he walks on, but to me, it just doesn't look that way.

Quote:
Also if we recall one of the earlier episodes Allelujah appeared in we also saw him talking about shooting another one of the students and if I recall a part about him being lost in space with someone in a shuttle that was running out of air and somebody panicking. I think that might be the key event that seperated the two and eventually led to Allelujah becoming a ward of Celestial Being and probably where Hallelujah first awakened. I'm thinking he must have done something to injure Marie that set in motion the corrupted personality we see in her now as Soma and why they had so much animosity towards each other the first time they made contact in season 1. There's something subconciously compelling the two to hate and desire one another at the same time because of their dual personalities.
To me, it's noticebly clear that Soma represents an almost Hallelujiah like personality - notice the eyes. Perhaps her fusion was one that yielded better results, but at the same time Marie, might be her alter ego, her Allelujiah personality, that was trapped away.

This is all random speculation, but Soma's clear lack of any knowledge to Allelujiah, means that she doesn't know. Like I said, I don't think she hates him, I think she just loathes the site of an unfinished or broken product.

"I should be the perfect super-soldier!"

"You don't get it, girl! You're nothing compared to me!"

Even Allelujiah says that there is nothing the two of them can't do together.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 02:32   Link #462
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

I must say, I love Gra... Mr. Bushido's name. It's quirky and fits Graham in some weird appropriate way. First Quattro, then Full Frontal, now Mr. Bushido. Gundam, you never cease to amaze me.

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 02:42   Link #463
SvenCalBayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanon78 View Post
...so finally next week it's the return of Gundam 00 favorite villain
Damn right it is !!!

The Ali Al Sarches media frenzy...

Spoiler for The GQ cover...:

The video tribute...

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=JBNGfI-wJVU

An "unlikely pairing" video + picture...

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=p1KkuhWkRWA

Spoiler for The kiss Feldt has been longing for...:
SvenCalBayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 03:02   Link #464
JediNight
キズランダム

It looks like from the next episode that she's basically becoming what she hates. Isn't that Louise in the mecha thats bombing the city? Now she's killing other peoples families...

And is anyone else getting tired of the "Just in Time" cliche being overused in Gundam00? Seems like almost every episode it's used at least once.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 03:03   Link #465
NyxOne

The irony of it all, no?
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 03:11   Link #466
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevurah View Post
I must say, I love Gra... Mr. Bushido's name. It's quirky and fits Graham in some weird appropriate way. First Quattro, then Full Frontal, now Mr. Bushido. Gundam, you never cease to amaze me.
I'm willing to bet that that's not even his real code name and just what Lindt happened to call him at that very moment. If it comes up again and it's some other character that says it then I might have something to say about it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 03:24   Link #467
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevurah View Post
Yes, can't agree more. Mr. Bushido is not Graham but his shame put up on face level. It's a weird name if you consider it from our perspective but in the world of 00 where Japan is a little spot in form of Saji it may actually sound good.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 03:25   Link #468
Blaat

rotflol I just did a check on public profiler, and Bushido is a genuine surname It's quite popular in the Schleswig-Holstein area of Germany.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 03:40   Link #469
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
If it comes up again and it's some other character that says it then I might have something to say about it.
Arthur Goodman was the first to call him "Mr. Bushido" in the latter's first appearance in this episode.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 04:05   Link #470
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Arthur Goodman was the first to call him "Mr. Bushido" in the latter's first appearance in this episode.
Well, you're right actually. I must have not noticed because I was to busy paying attention to the plan they were setting up in order to ambush the Ptolemy II, the stuff that actually ended up being relevant to the episodes plot. I guess that really goes to show just how important the whole thing was to me that I barely even noticed it when Lindt used the name too (this was after I found out it was the end of the world by reading internet forums and decided to find where it was said) and failed to notice when Arthur said it completely even after learning that the sky was falling because Graham Aker's incognito was named Mr. Bushido. It was only after going online that I actually figured out that people were making it out to be such a big deal. Considering it fits with his whole persona (not to mention the way he's customized his MS) and hotshot pilots have been known to adopt rather egotistical names I don't see why I should find his nickname unusual in or awful in anyway.

In a way I almost find this whole situation kind of funny in just how absurd it is to be taken aback now. Only a show like Gundam (with help from the people that watch it) could make a couple of split second audio clips into a collective fan meltdown situation. Everytime I think I'm ready for the next nitpick of the week it ends up being something so minor that I'm forced to take pause and go....."really that's what got people hot under the collar?" Next time though it's going to have to be something that is a frame in length in order to top the sign of the apocalypse that is Mr. Bushido.

Spoiler for Honestly though:

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2008-10-27 at 04:18.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 04:21   Link #471
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
"Shut Down! Shut Down!" lawl...

Looks like 00 isn't naked anymore, though I wish the action was a bit better this ep. Also loved the synchronized "No." response that Setsuna and Marina gave xD.
Old 2008-10-27, 04:48   Link #472
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
It looks like from the next episode that she's basically becoming what she hates. Isn't that Louise in the mecha thats bombing the city? Now she's killing other peoples families...
Nope. I think it's Soma

But it would be interesting if Louise will involve in civilian massacre eventually. Maybe that will change her thoughts
Old 2008-10-27, 04:53   Link #473
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
In a sense Marie could be suffering from the same side effect, except that she is stuck in the mind of the second personality of Soma, with no realization that he orginal personality Marie still exists somewhere tucked inside her mind...
That wouldn't make sense. The way their split works, they still have all their memories. Seems like they just overwrote Marie's memory instead.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 04:55   Link #474
killbethy

Great episode... the really freakishly scary Major's assessment that the "new Celestial Being runs more on people's emotions" pretty much summed up the whole episode. Although part of me hopes the rest of the season isn't too gung-ho on just showing the characters feelings, because I've always found some of the allure of Gundam 00 and difference between it and other animes is the fact that a person's and their identity are sometimes irrelevant in the face of something bigger.
killbethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 05:41   Link #475
Blaat

I wonder if they're going to play this insert song when Saji is trekking across the desert.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 05:49   Link #476
killbethy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Its almost confrimed it was louise...
Right after mentioning that their was a woman funding the A-laws and just as Soma was saying she was a curious character, they change scene to Louise... they fall just short of saying it outright... which works well in a "show don't tell" kind of way to storytelling

Can't help but feel sorry for louise... All things considered she's seems like she's being set up for a very tragic end. A reason to hate gundams; doing literally everything she can to destroy the gundams; hatred that will likely make her blind to reason even if that reasoning comes from someone close to her... oh yeah that's a bad formula... She's a bit like Flay from gundam seed; except she is actually likable and is not a complete manipulative bitch

Though she does have some hope... the sweetest thing to see out of this series will be Louise getting her revenge against Nena... and for that she will have to have some level of redemption and see some level of reason to recognize that CB is not her enemy and that Nena is. That might just save her... either that or just give her some redemption so that we get a lasting impression that she always wanted to do waht was right and was not blinded by hate right before she DIES fighting Nena (whether or not Nena dies aswell is a toss up... might want to keep her alive for Saji to kill instead)...
I agree. My first thought was Wang Liu Mei since we have seen her feed information to Ribbons. But on thinking on it, it was stressed so much in the first season that Louise was from an extremely wealthy family. Her entire family died in Nena's attack, which would leave her as the sole heir to her family's fortune. Now she is living a typical life as a soldier, despite her lack of skills. The question was raised in the first episode by another A-Laws member after her spectacular freeze up: "Why is she allowed in A-Laws in the first place?" Now we have our answer: benefactor.
Old 2008-10-27, 06:19   Link #477
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Okay, after watching the episode I need to comment 2 things apart from the default stuff that being talked in here to death already.

One is Lyle is taking steps to moving away from Neil's .. Which is good, since I'm gonna hate it if he end up as just an upgrade version of his brother.

Two, I got a flash of Kira when Setsuna said he cant do anything but fight. I hope Marina became Lacus and not Relena .. Not in a way that she became the untouchable war goddess like Lacus is (joining Kataron would be a good start), but in a way that she dont just preach for pacifism even after peoples aimed guns at her head. I probably get slaughtered for this >.<

And 3 (on ligghter note), I'm 110% fully agree with Ian. That skintight really suit's Yummyragi <3
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 06:26   Link #478
killbethy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post

Two, I got a flash of Kira when Setsuna said he cant do anything but fight. I hope Marina became Lacus and not Relena .. Not in a way that she became the untouchable war goddess like Lacus is (joining Kataron would be a good start), but in a way that she dont just preach for pacifism even after peoples aimed guns at her head. I probably get slaughtered for this >.<
Well... she kind of has had guns pointed at her head. A revolt happened in season one in which her own people wanted to kill her and her arrest in season two. Although she's never been in battle physically, she's definitely been in the hot seat a few times. But on the other hand, Azadistan hasn't exactly changed for the better since she took the crown. It was in chaos in season one and it's back in chaos again in season two... so there hasn't exactly been any proof that her pacifism works yet in the Gundam 00 world. lol
Old 2008-10-27, 07:05   Link #479
SuperiorX

feds have the remains of KYRIOS its only a matter of time untill feds start fielding proper gundams with fake gn drives and we get to see what Billy can come up with.
SuperiorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 07:06   Link #480
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

When you have 2 personalities that exist at the same time, it can't be a perfect soldier.

If Marie did have split personality, I'm interested in what's the cause. Al got it because of survival instinct conflict with his mind.