AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-08, 01:17   Link #41
Darthtabby

I'm wondering whether there's any chance of starting some sort of general discussion thread on here.

The reason I ask is that frankly, I can understand why the mods don't want to make this a completely open game, but I think it's perhaps gotten to the point where it's a bit too difficult to bring up anything new in this forum, and I wonder if that could be part of the reason why the activity level is pretty low. Response times for thread requests are pretty long which I think is a real momentum killer for getting discussions started. Basically, it seems like it's gotten so that the only way to quickly start a conversation is to somehow shoe horn the topic into another thread -and while I can see some point in limiting numbers of threads by putting loosely related topics together, does sticking a topic that is sort of vaguely related to an earlier topic under the same title as the loosely related original topic really serving the interests of users who are relying on thread titles to tell what the threads are about?
Old 2010-03-17, 09:22   Link #42
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
I'm wondering whether there's any chance of starting some sort of general discussion thread on here.

The reason I ask is that frankly, I can understand why the mods don't want to make this a completely open game, but I think it's perhaps gotten to the point where it's a bit too difficult to bring up anything new in this forum, and I wonder if that could be part of the reason why the activity level is pretty low. Response times for thread requests are pretty long which I think is a real momentum killer for getting discussions started. Basically, it seems like it's gotten so that the only way to quickly start a conversation is to somehow shoe horn the topic into another thread -and while I can see some point in limiting numbers of threads by putting loosely related topics together, does sticking a topic that is sort of vaguely related to an earlier topic under the same title as the loosely related original topic really serving the interests of users who are relying on thread titles to tell what the threads are about?
Well Xris get off his butt and make an EXA manga discussion, Spoiler and Speculation discussion as well. Seriously, he should make those of this year.
Old 2010-03-17, 13:55   Link #43
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Yeah, please open an Exa Topic. The Moonrunes must be analyzed and interpreted, maybe they tell us about 2012...

Old 2010-03-17, 14:48   Link #44
kitten320

Is EXA like alternative Mai HiME reality or something?
Old 2010-03-17, 15:10   Link #45
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Is EXA like alternative Mai HiME reality or something?
Well...............sort of, Yes!
Old 2010-03-25, 00:11   Link #46
Highman

Well were getting close on seeing the OAV of Otome, so we should have an discussion thread soon or later. Man I'm so psyched!
Old 2010-03-25, 12:22   Link #47
kitten320

Isn't it a HiME OVA too? Since everything happens in HiME universe...
Old 2010-03-25, 15:40   Link #48
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Isn't it a HiME OVA too? Since everything happens in HiME universe...
Yeah, but it's an 4 min. HiME OVA, but it's not enough though. But I did like some good stuff in it, still it's not enough. Also I heard the OVA for at least 30 minutes, I hope it will lead to an new series soon. But seriously this is an pivotal OAV for the Mai franchise, so just an few more hours.
Old 2010-03-25, 22:07   Link #49
kitten320

Ah Ok!
I also hope that it is a begining for something big
Old 2010-03-26, 07:27   Link #50
Highman

Thanks Nightwish now we should have the Otome blu-ray OVA discussion as well, now this is an big step indeed.
Old 2010-03-26, 07:47   Link #51
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
Only just saw this, and after looking for the original and not finding it, I've created one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
Yeah, please open an Exa Topic.
This seems to be distinct from the previous manga, so I'll probably allow a thread for it. I need to look into it though as no one provides any details in this thread and I've not kept up with My HiME/My Otome in the last 6+ months. Hint to all: when making requests, things happen quicker if you put more effort in; if you post as if you were creating the thread yourself, maybe a sample "first post" or at least more detail/justification.

... and moved out of the general discussion:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
... now we should have the Otome blu-ray OVA discussion as well, now this is an big step indeed.
...why? You don't explain why it is needed. The titles "blu-ray OAV" suggest the only difference is the medium on which it is released. Does it not fit in one of the existing threads, or maybe the general thread now that exists?
Old 2010-03-27, 11:12   Link #52
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Okay im sorry for beeing a lazy bum, here is my suggestion for the EXA Topic:

------------------------------------------------
Topic Title:

Mai HiME EXA Manga Discussion

Topic Content:

This Topic hosts the Discussion about the new and ongoing "Mai HiME EXA" Manga.
It was announced on the official website that confirms a date on January 27, 2010.
EXA is following an altered storyline from that of the anime.

Author: SUZUKAZE Ryo
Artist: Kouteiryuu
Original Publisher: ASCII Media Works
Serialized In: Dengeki Daioh (ASCII Media Works)
Licensed (in English): No

Rules:
1) Off-Topic Discussion of any kind is to be avoided
2) Stating speculations as facts is forbidden
3) If you happen to find translated scans, you must link them here.

May the HiME Star shine down on us!

----------------------

Good enough, Nightwish?
Closed Thread