AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-11, 16:26   Link #1561
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

We booked the flights^^. It wasn't very expensive in comparison to traveling by train in Germany.

And we're able to do some sight seeing in Scotland.
Old 2010-08-11, 16:28   Link #1562
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSIDR View Post
We booked the flights^^. It wasn't very expensive in comparison to traveling by train in Germany.

And we're able to do some sight seeing in Scotland.
Have fun with your trip to Scotland
Old 2010-08-11, 16:40   Link #1563
hinakatbklyn

I was wondering if they would announce the movie would be shown in New York. Must see this one.

Edit: (OK I was a month late finding out, but since the spreadsheet is still showing the NY Anime Fest Screening date of October, thought I still had time.) (On second thought I misread 8/10 as 10/8. I see what happened.)

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2010-08-11 at 19:19. Reason: Never mind, I misread the date on the spreadsheet
Old 2010-08-11, 17:54   Link #1564
Jill-Jênn
Music-mad Haruhiist

GASP.
Just found a Paris – Edinburgh 100-minute long for €10.49 ($13.51) o____O
Old 2010-08-11, 18:13   Link #1565
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
I was wondering if they would announce the movie would be shown in New York. Must see this one.
If you checked megax's spreadsheet, you'd have seen that the movie had one and only one showing in New York... yesterday. Sorry that you didn't see it, but he kept it for a reason.
Old 2010-08-11, 19:43   Link #1566
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post

Edit: (OK I was a month late finding out, but since the spreadsheet is still showing the NY Anime Fest Screening date of October, thought I still had time.) (On second thought I misread 8/10 as 10/8. I see what happened.)
Yes, the screening is on the weekend of October 8-10th. Since NYAF/Bandai haven't stated whether or not the screening will be at the convention center or at a local theatre, I can't go into any more specifics than that. I updated the sheet to say "Month/Day/Year" so hopefully there won't be any confusion in the future like that.

Edit: Not really worthy of another post in this thread (I'm up to 126 now!), but nothing was published in this month's Newtype about a possible release date. The next chance to hear anything will be on the 26th as the October 2010 issue of The Sneaker comes out.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-08-11 at 20:01.
Old 2010-08-11, 19:46   Link #1567
Jill-Jênn
Music-mad Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill-Jênn View Post
GASP.
Just found a Paris – Edinburgh 100-minute long for €10.49 ($13.51) o____O
Oh and I was mistaken. It wasn't €10.49… It was €7.00 ($9.02) xDDD, plus €5.00 of handling fee so €12.00 ($15.46). If it was so cheap, it's because it was the last seat. Now, I have to find the Edinburgh – Paris xD
Old 2010-08-12, 06:20   Link #1568
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
According to Gamer.com.tw the Haruhi movie should start around October 22nd in Taiwan. No formal date nor any theatres showing the movie have been stated. There have still not been any dates announced for Hong Kong as of yet.

Old 2010-08-12, 09:51   Link #1569
Jill-Jênn
Music-mad Haruhiist

It will be subbed, not dubbed, won't it? (Prefer to ask.)
Old 2010-08-12, 10:04   Link #1570
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
The prints that Bandai used from Kadokawa are subtitled (9 reels). A little bit hard to read, but white subtitles on light backgrounds without lines typically are. Since the date doesn't conflict with any showings from Bandai, I'd assume that they will use the same prints.

Crispin Freeman hasn't mentioned dubbing the movie on his twitter. He has mentioned both the new episodes and the Haruhi-chan/Churuya-san episodes there before, so it's likely that he will give a hint when he's dubbing the movie due to a lot of Kyon dialogue.

Old 2010-08-12, 10:34   Link #1571
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Well they never did dub The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (season 2) but I think they did that on purpose knowing the horrible spectacle of "Endless Eight" Either that or they are not on terms with dubbing it yet.

But whichever the case, I'm imagining the dubbing for this movie will take somewhat 1-2 years from now.
Old 2010-08-12, 10:56   Link #1572
Jill-Jênn
Music-mad Haruhiist

Why so long? o_O
Well, I'm not in a hurry, I prefer the original, like everyone ^^'
Old 2010-08-12, 11:02   Link #1573
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Well, I'm not in a hurry, I prefer the original, like everyone ^^'
What an assumption! O_O
Old 2010-08-12, 11:10   Link #1574
Jill-Jênn
Music-mad Haruhiist

(You) disagree? (First I only posted “Disagree?” but message has to contain at least 10 characters…)
Old 2010-08-12, 11:24   Link #1575
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
(You) disagree? (First I only posted “Disagree?” but message has to contain at least 10 characters…)
I prefer dubs as long as they're decent, and Haruhi's is better than decent. (You were only one character short! >_<)

That is not to say I won't watch subs, of course.
Old 2010-08-12, 12:07   Link #1576
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Well they never did dub The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (season 2) but I think they did that on purpose knowing the horrible spectacle of "Endless Eight" Either that or they are not on terms with dubbing it yet.
Actually, if you've read megax's post above yours, it says that Crispin Freeman stated on his twitter that he's doing the 2009 episodes. If I recall correctly, he stated that he was "stuck in an endless time loop" multiple times.
Old 2010-08-12, 12:08   Link #1577
bayoab

Quote:
There is only one copy of the subtitle print but I recall seeing somewhere the dub print might make it's appearance around October so who knows. (Odds are subbed being that it's a film festival.)

Quote:
Well they never did dub The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (season 2)
Been dubbed... for months now... believe since June-ish.

Quote:
But whichever the case, I'm imagining the dubbing for this movie will take somewhat 1-2 years from now.
Starting very soon or already started.

Last edited by bayoab; 2010-08-12 at 12:17. Reason: Fixed, remembered actual quote.
Old 2010-08-12, 19:42   Link #1578
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
The ellipsis (...) is your friend. You'd be amazed how many posts I've gotten over the 10-character limit with just a well-placed ellipsis.

Purely in the interest of humor, of course... ^_^
Old 2010-08-12, 19:45   Link #1579
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Been dubbed... for months now... believe since June-ish.
Hmm never noticed if they ever made a dub for it, I also heard they had a new Voice Actor for Haruhi Suzumiya for season 2, probably just misheard, but I did think Wendee Lee did a spectacular job for dubbing.
Old 2010-08-12, 19:54   Link #1580
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Hmm never noticed if they ever made a dub for it, I also heard they had a new Voice Actor for Haruhi Suzumiya for season 2, probably just misheard, but I did think Wendee Lee did a spectacular job for dubbing.
Far as I know, that was just Christina Vee fangirls wagging their lips... This stuff happens. I still remember "reputable anime news sites" **cough, cough** saying that the 10th novel had been cancelled a few years ago... I do think Vee might be dubbing the OP/ED, though, but don't believe that without a trustworthy source (which I ain't, in this case).

Tags
science fiction, shounen