AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-09-17, 18:27   Link #1
Yakult

The coolest computer cases?

What're the computer cases you guys use? I've seen on the internet those light-up flashy ones and thought maybe a thread about what computer cases you guys have would be cool x] I just have normal/boring/grey computer case >_< I think the coolest case I've ever seen was a computer case that was Doom 3-themed (:
Yakult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 18:39   Link #2
Ombrenuit
Day Dreams...

Send a message via AIM to Ombrenuit Send a message via MSN to Ombrenuit
Umm...my computer case is under my desk. I almost never see it. I wouldn't see the point of going for a custom job or paying for something expensive
Ombrenuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 19:13   Link #3
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Mine's a biege box. Bought it three and a half years ago when I built my old pc, and have been using it since, through a couple of more or less complete rebuilds. It does the job so why spend loads on a new one? I do have multiple lights, lasers and LED's in there though, since I always have the side off to improve airflow and cooling

It's red down the bottom with strip lights, the cpu fan has blue LED's, I've got a triple blue laser hanging in there too and a green LED case fan, currently unplugged. It fades nicely from red through purple to blue at night and looks really nice.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-18, 04:58   Link #4
Phych

If you're not lookin for something hardcore then the Aspire X-Dreamer II might be good for you. I have the black version. Not overly fancy but it has an LCD temp display on the front, 6 light up "tabs" on the front, windowed door with a fan, fan on the top, and fan on the back. LCD, tabs, and all fans have blue lights. Also relatively inexpensive, which is always good ($59.99 +tax +shipping when i last checked)

Here's a link to newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811144026
Phych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-18, 10:03   Link #5
sedukshun
kimee ~

waahahaha xD!!! mine is black and silver with a neat blue light for the on switch lol.

i like those see-through transparent cases! would be easy for me to know when to clean my comp out and see all the bits wizzing around
oh and of course lots of lights and hmms glowy watercooling system maybe? muhaha! more fans!
but yeah true i wouldnt spend a bomb to make it, i look at the monitor not the computer case lol
sedukshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-18, 11:22   Link #6
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Well, it depends on what you mean by cool. I'd rather have a case with good airflow, keeping the core temp cool. Sort of like this one. Hard to tell from those pics, but the entire front is a metal mesh, allowing airflow everywhere except the bays you have a drive installed.

Keep your leds. The power led on my system is already too bright, I don't need my computer to double as a light source. It'll just keep me awake when I leave it on downloading a batch or vending in a certain mmorpg.
Old 2006-09-19, 03:18   Link #7
ryomakun

This one for me:

That is if you don't care about the price.
ryomakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 09:16   Link #8
Yakult

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryomakun
This one for me:

That is if you don't care about the price.
Woah woah woah! That's the prettiest case I've ever seen x] Isn't it possible to turn off those case lights on will though? Like for example if you were sleeping and wanted them off? o_o?

I think I really lke Ryoma-kun's case (: This one is flashy too but a bit over-doing the customizing >_<
Yakult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 18:50   Link #9
Ending

^ Doesn't match with the enviroment, though. It's almost like a display-item.

That's what I use now and probably the next six or ten years. It looks neat in the picture, but it has a few faults: 1) it's goddamn heavy and 2) the front is plastic, so the door will never fit snugly to the frame (which annoys you more than anyone else after paying almost 80 euros extra). Price: 130 €.

I'd say it was 50 euros over-valued. Neat, but not the right price/quality ratio.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 09:57   Link #10
martino
makes no files now

I like this one. Nice and neat...and hopefully it will be the housing for my next computer.
Old 2006-09-20, 10:45   Link #11
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

I use a big black matrix tower. Its like big and black. Thats basicly it. -.-;;;
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 10:54   Link #12
KNETTER2000
Rei! What have you done!

I have built a PC for someone with that "Tsunami Dream" case..

I found it lacking in all kinds of areas.. I found the door to be especially annoying. It's a double door, meaning the door has another door behind it that opens so you can acces the drivebays, I found the clips and hinges that keep it closed to be flimsy at best and they weren't tight enough to keep it closed firmly, so every time I opend the front door, the back door came too.. there's a double lock on there to lock either the back or both doors.. when I locked the back door and opened the front the top of the back door still wanted to open..

The front door is like 3mm thick heavy aluminium, the lights are connected with a cable that runs on the inside of the door, and was just a bit too short to let the door open completely, I found the rest of the aluminium plating to be very thin and it dented pretty fast.. .. The plexiglass door is also surrounded by very thin aluminium material and it too feels flimsy.

Those green slotclips you see there at the back should provide a means to hold the hardware firmly without screws, but they didn't do that, so I still had to put in screws..

I'd say "flimsy" is my personal word for this case..

Granted, it's looks good and there's good airflow possibilities in there but that's where all its merit ends

--<This has been an announcement of the "IMHO" party.>--
KNETTER2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 04:19   Link #13
Poseidal
Knight of Cheome

I like simple but elegant cases the best.

Lian Li PC-7+ is what I use, though the picture doesn't do it justice. The brushed Aluminium is REALLY nice.
Poseidal is offline   Reply With Quote