AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-01-22, 11:03   Link #5021
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
And nope, full blown mind control exists in the SSX, and that is considered the hardest part of psychic attacks. Telepathic speech is already happening. The only thing missing is telekinesis of some sort... Now considering how Belka magical reinforcement of the human mind opens many opportunities, I say it's not undeveloped, it's just underused.

As with most things around here nowadays ever since we've started saying No We Can't to everything and the kitchen sink. Time for Yes We Can folks.
Well, It can, for me.

And I'm working on the concept of the "True Psychic" for a long time now.

I just need some things to justify, asides from "unexplainable".

*folds out as he plots his Ramblepad dump*
Old 2009-01-22, 11:30   Link #5022
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Yeesh, these things are nasty. Just what are these things made off?
Green stuff!
Err... wait... what?

Quote:
Deathwing strikes again! :3 :3

*saves*

Gah! Now I feel like writing something with Keroko, Kha and Elric in it.
Psycho is moe! :3

Keroko, Kha and Elric... the new comedy trio of Midchilda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
After 3 months of designing (and slacking >_>) my new OC is complete!

I present to you,

Spoiler for Megumi Kurenai:
Sorry... I can't say much about Kamen Rider.

But hell, she is cute!

Quote:
...XD

Nuff said. Oh and good thing Anita wasn't there... or there'd be no warning, only Dictionaries.
That was Elrics point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fate- View Post
LMAO Its hilarious XD. Good job in making it.
Thx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
This is great, Kyral!
The action's intense, with the added tension of not knowing too much about the opponent, which adds some more delicious tension. Elric's pseudo-illusion skill was awesome.

I also like the part where Elric's plan didn't work out. Of course, not because Elric got Rider Kicked, but because it shows that these beasts really are quite more dangerous than the more run-of-the-mill monsters.

And Rinya! I hope she's alright. ><
She did great in slaying the beast, but getting buried in it's fresh carcass and innards is not my idea of a satisfying kill...

Good work, I'll be looking forward to the next.

"Cat my ass!" had me laughing hard. XD
Yeah, glad you liked it!

Elric had some pretty high scores in the Mary Sue tests, thanks to his past and Lost Logia Device.
But I like to show that even some characters that seem a little overpowered can fail if they fight some real nasty stuff.

BTW:

Delicious FEAR 2 demo is delicious!
Old 2009-01-22, 11:48   Link #5023
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Green stuff!
Err... wait... what?
Scrin?

Quote:
Elric had some pretty high scores in the Mary Sue tests, thanks to his past and Lost Logia Device.
But I like to show that even some characters that seem a little overpowered can fail if they fight some real nasty stuff.
It's all about context and presentation. For that, I'll say a job well done establishing Elric through the various scenarios.

Overpowered is only bad when the character breezes through every threat before him/her (which I say there are few examples here in OC). As for being Mary Sue, it's good how Elric's relationships on both side are managed. I had some more comments but blanked out writing it out so yeah.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 13:12   Link #5024
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
I was given dibs by YOU remember? Only problem is that the OC meant to have it ended up getting scrapped during downsizing, and so the IXA system went back to floating around in limbo.

Blame the credit crunch for my mass OC layoffs.
Or just you slacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Well...I was bored. So enjoy :3

Spoiler for length:
You just couldn't resist making an all-Rider fic, could you? Could have at least waited for me to write some intro fics first

*V3 Kicks Ghaz for using Climax Form before its release*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
God damn board ate my post! That fucking thing took me like two hours to write and format!
Ouch, I hate it when that happens . Which is why I've started to CTRL+A, CTRL+C my posts to make sure I don't lose them.

...wonder what it tasted like?

ASBoard: nom nom nom nom...

Quote:
Well I did have a bunch of nice remarks about this, but there all gone now so I’ll fall back on: Long profile is long, nice work, and “great ANOTHER rider.” Which about summed it up anyway.
Short summary is still a good summary . Only took me a few months to iron it out and actually write it . And this will probably be my last Rider for a while.

Quote:
Good news indeed.
Deshou?

Quote:
Acutally I think it was Darkwing Duck.
Hmmm...would need some kind of stupider end to the speech though...

Quote:
I actually don't have allot to do, besides waste time with video games. I forgot to cancel WoW and so ended up with another six months of it, but after giving into my care bear instincts and humanist leanings and just rolling on a PvE server as an Alliance Dwarf Hunter and Human Paladin I found it more tolerable.
Oh ho, TK is back on WoW is he? :3

Quote:
Small?
I think he means by OC standards

Quote:
OCT: Courrpting the Worlds Youth since 2007.
Woohoo!

Quote:
Yeah what ever shall we do without ANOTHER random Rider in here.
Well I think Aaron, as well as USB, will be oogling her for being cute, Ghaz will be writing crack that may or may not get him to start writing again. Stuff like that

Quote:
Peace Through Superior Firepower.
Kinda sounds like Kane's motto on steroids

Quote:
Green stuff!
Err... wait... what?
...Slimer?

Quote:
Woohoo!

...wait a sec...

Quote:
The new Moe, Larry, and Curly?

Quote:
Sorry... I can't say much about Kamen Rider.

But hell, she is cute!
Just don't get any idea otherwise you may be in for a 'free' demo of her kick boxing skills
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 13:17   Link #5025
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
I've developped a habbit of opening notepad and copying a post if I quoted more then four or five posts. That's how tasty the forums think my posts are.
Oh I always do that, but once I was done and hit the reply botton I foolishly closed down word without thinking before the post acutally finished. So when it hung and then returned and error I was shit out of luck.

Quote:
You know... I just remembered that we don't even know what an AA mage is capable of. The only time we have actually seen Hayate do anything was when she was S-rank.
The fowards at the end of Strikers where AA IIRC I've been using that as a yard stick.

Quote:
Well, I unlocked a weaponry entry last night that entry which said, and I quote: "adapted from an anti-air platform"

So flight has been subject of war there, but for story reasons they just shoved it to the background. The Empire loves its tanks, and its sort of the core of their attack force. They have tanks ranging from light, WWII reminicent types to impossibly hude jumbo-jet sized monstrosities that one-shot anything in sight.

A game for tank lovers, I guess. *shrug*
Well airplanes can be hard to balance so I can see them being excluded many tactical games do that, or reduce them to a quick fly over. It was the idea they just didn't exist as weapons of war in the setting I found werid.

Quote:
Gotta double-check the range, but I think my lances exceed that. Anyway, the game was never meant to be historically accurate considering its a completely different world (I mean, take a look at the map, it only vaguely resembles Europe, and the names are all over the place)
Well longer range was of course possible, but for an unguided rocket with minimal stability it rapidly became a matter of luck at distances much beyond that. Some of the bigger weapons with higher muzzle velocities could be accurate out to few hundred meters under idle conditions.

Quote:
Yay. Buffs to Space Marines usually mean Tau end up with the short end. Lovely. -_-

That aside, no artilery? In a squad-based game like that I'd expect support powers or something... no such thing?
Well Dawn of War II has no Tau so no worries about that. It’s Eldar, SM, Orks, and Nids even Chaos got the shaft. Marines are just hard as hell though, but on the downside a marine “army” is like twelve guys and a dread/tank.

And it does have support powers and such activated mostly with a meter that builds up by killing things, and most units have upgrades and special abilities. The only thing kind of like arty in the game at this time though is Nib Biovores (or whatever the things that shot those spore mine things are called.). I bet it’ll be back when they inevitably introduce the IG in the future though.

Quote:
I've been tenpted to fire up my WAR account for a month or two again myself. WoW is already beginning to become a drag again.
Eh it's all new to me so I don't really have that issue.

Quote:
Mweh, difference in opinion I guess. When the horde starts shooting rockets at me I don't exactly feel like I'm being shot at with rockets. Firecrackers, yes. Rockets, no.
Well the Horde is lower tech overall, but still to me when I see a motorcycle, armed robot guards, and teleporters it becomes hard for me to really regard this as fantasy so much as a fantasy/steam punk/sci-fi hybrid.

Quote:
Up to this day only two Keroko's managed to make it to paper, the Nanoha one and the Strike Witches one. Regardless, I think I'm going to try giving Eden some love. And possibly a slight re-design here and there. She still looks too much like Nove for me to be comfortable with.
I acutally sort of meant in the Nanoha OCT fandom as it seems like every AU has some version of her in it.

Quote:
Heh. Maybe I'll hunt down a version myself. Any tips on which to start with?
I honestly haven't gotten to play Double Agent, but then Chaos Theory was approaching perfection of the genre in my opinion, and it's a bit older so you can get it pretty cheap now.

Quote:
And here I was toying with the idea of messing around with the Yuriko Omega concept...
It's probably possible, but you do need to consider WHY mind control and mental magic seems so rare. Yes it's possible, but not widely used despite it's potential power, why is that?

Quote:
Keroko didn't see my post. <_< / >_>

And nope, full blown mind control exists in the SSX, and that is considered the hardest part of psychic attacks. Telepathic speech is already happening. The only thing missing is telekinesis of some sort... Now considering how Belka magical reinforcement of the human mind opens many opportunities, I say it's not undeveloped, it's just underused.
You do know you just proved my point by confirming mind control is hard? I didn't say impossible I said hard to do, but that only makes sense. Mind control is so insanely powerful that if it wasn't extremely hard everyone would use it. After all, all the magic fireworks in the world isn't worth crap if the other guy can just tell you to go shot yourself in the head.

Quote:
As with most things around here nowadays ever since we've started saying No We Can't to everything and the kitchen sink. Time for Yes We Can folks.
Not really most of the things that have come about are loaded with caveats or not nearly as easy as often portrayed and also tend to be exaggerated. It's also a simple fact that as I've said repeatedly being ABLE to do something does not automatically mean it should be done. Mind control being a fine example, even if it's possible it's clearly not common and so should be used sparingly and with great consideration.

And some stuff still is basically impossible or discredited need I bring up all the demon and holy magic shit for instance. So yes some stuff has come out of the woodwork that at one time might have been regarded as unlikely, but other stuff hasn't.

Quote:
EDIT: Arkeus pointed out that Yuuno moves books with his mind. Aaron noted that Nanoha used something akin to telekinesis on Teana during that fight. So the vote is out, all branches of psychic manipulation is there. USE IT.

Oh and Keroko, Yuri-chan exists in fanon.
Well this is hardly stunning, but it's not actually physic powers per say IMO.

Consider it this way if you can apply destructive levels of force remotely and bind targets at a distance with magic why couldn't you just nudge them slightly instead? There really isn't any reason you couldn't and if you just remove the colorful flourishes from the spell it would look like "telekinesis". However this is still magic and is so still likely entirely stoppable by magically based defenses and probably technological ones too.

It's also questionable what value it would have telekinesis is just force acting on a remote object. That's hardly impressive in a world of actual magic as really a gaint magic beam is doing the same thing, just in a flashier way. The end result if the same ammount of energy is used is roughly the same: the target is trashed. So it becomes a SFX choice more then anything else.

Quote:
Or just you slacking
Him?! Surely you jest!

Quote:
You just couldn't resist making an all-Rider fic, could you? Could have at least waited for me to write some intro fics first

*V3 Kicks Ghaz for using Climax Form before its release*
Strike while the Iron is hot! (And the muse is in a good mood!)

Quote:
Short summary is still a good summary . Only took me a few months to iron it out and actually write it . And this will probably be my last Rider for a while.
Sure I believe you! (No I don't)

Quote:
Hmmm...would need some kind of stupider end to the speech though...
I don't know seems like a fine fit me, she even nailed the "I am" part.

Quote:
Oh ho, TK is back on WoW is he? :3
I'm dabbling a bit yes.

Quote:
I think he means by OC standards
Well it wasn't that small, but then he does gold the breaker championship so I suppose it was by his own standards.

Quote:
Well I think Aaron, as well as USB, will be oogling her for being cute, Ghaz will be writing crack that may or may not get him to start writing again. Stuff like that
So nothing useful then.

Quote:
Kinda sounds like Kane's motto on steroids
That saying has been around since forever really.

Quote:
The new Moe, Larry, and Curly?
I don't think Keroko is quite dumb enough to be a Stooge.

Last edited by Tk3997; 2009-01-22 at 13:34.
Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 14:30   Link #5026
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Keroko didn't see my post. <_< / >_>
I saw it, but lunch breaks are short. I'll do a proper Backlog Breaker somewhere in the weekend.

Quote:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that poor guy.

Also, link to Yuri-chan. Now.

Quote:
And usable too. :3

Quote:
Spoiler for sorta...:

Quote:
Oh I always do that, but once I was done and hit the reply botton I foolishly closed down word without thinking before the post acutally finished. So when it hung and then returned and error I was shit out of luck.
I think this forum merely considers our posts an appetizer. Our despair is what t really enjoys.

Quote:
The fowards at the end of Strikers where AA IIRC I've been using that as a yard stick.
Blar! Major typo there, I meant SS-rank. We've never even seen what an SS-rank really can do.

Quote:
Well airplanes can be hard to balance so I can see them being excluded many tactical games do that, or reduce them to a quick fly over. It was the idea they just didn't exist as weapons of war in the setting I found werid.
Well, the only plane I did see was a double-winged one. And not the most advanced either. It was still under construction though, and I'll probably get to see it again at the end, so I'll withdraw from further conclusion jumping.

Quote:
Well longer range was of course possible, but for an unguided rocket with minimal stability it rapidly became a matter of luck at distances much beyond that. Some of the bigger weapons with higher muzzle velocities could be accurate out to few hundred meters under idle conditions.
... That sounds about what my Lances do most of the time.

Quote:
Well Dawn of War II has no Tau so no worries about that. It’s Eldar, SM, Orks, and Nids even Chaos got the shaft. Marines are just hard as hell though, but on the downside a marine “army” is like twelve guys and a dread/tank.

And it does have support powers and such activated mostly with a meter that builds up by killing things, and most units have upgrades and special abilities. The only thing kind of like arty in the game at this time though is Nib Biovores (or whatever the things that shot those spore mine things are called.). I bet it’ll be back when they inevitably introduce the IG in the future though.
Considering "Imperial Guard" and "artillery" are pretty much synonimous, yes, I'd expect so.

Quote:
Well the Horde is lower tech overall, but still to me when I see a motorcycle, armed robot guards, and teleporters it becomes hard for me to really regard this as fantasy so much as a fantasy/steam punk/sci-fi hybrid.
No arguments there, but that doesn't change that the explosions don't really feel like explosions.

Quote:
I acutally sort of meant in the Nanoha OCT fandom as it seems like every AU has some version of her in it.
*shrug* I'm not complaining.

Quote:
I honestly haven't gotten to play Double Agent, but then Chaos Theory was approaching perfection of the genre in my opinion, and it's a bit older so you can get it pretty cheap now.
*scribble scribble* Noted.

Quote:
It's probably possible, but you do need to consider WHY mind control and mental magic seems so rare. Yes it's possible, but not widely used despite it's potential power, why is that?

You do know you just proved my point by confirming mind control is hard? I didn't say impossible I said hard to do, but that only makes sense. Mind control is so insanely powerful that if it wasn't extremely hard everyone would use it. After all, all the magic fireworks in the world isn't worth crap if the other guy can just tell you to go shot yourself in the head.
Illusion magic is hard and rare too (hell, Ginga pretty much went gaga the moment Teana even mentioned she was able to use it) but that doesn't mean we can't let our OC's have the ability to do so.

Besides, Yuriko's powers are of the Psychokinetic type, rather then the mind-affecting anyway.

Quote:
I don't know seems like a fine fit me, she even nailed the "I am" part.
*rubs ears* Even though the difference in voice is subtle, I prefer the Dutch version much more.

Quote:
I don't think Keroko is quite dumb enough to be a Stooge.
She's impulsive. Not stupid.

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-01-22 at 17:18.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 17:08   Link #5027
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Spoiler for sorta...:
I'm an OC now!
Old 2009-01-22, 17:17   Link #5028
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*Fixes* I really shouldn't be posting while playing Valkyria Chronicles at the same time. <_<

Though I remember making the opposite mistake with Aaron before, and referred to him as Aurion.

Whee, scatterbrain!
Old 2009-01-22, 18:01   Link #5029
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:

And rocket ships and flying carpets, too

Quote:
Well it wasn't that small, but then he does gold the breaker championship so I suppose it was by his own standards.
Probably

Quote:
So nothing useful then.
Well, more useful than when Kha posts stuff

Quote:
Who is this 'Yuri-chan'?

Quote:
Spoiler for sorta...:

That was a good one
I hope Kha has extra hands.

nom nom nom :3

Quote:
*Fixes* I really shouldn't be posting while playing Valkyria Chronicles at the same time. <_<

Though I remember making the opposite mistake with Aaron before, and referred to him as Aurion.

Whee, scatterbrain!
Probably due in some part to all the crack (and khrack) we have in here >_>
Old 2009-01-22, 18:04   Link #5030
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The Kamen Rider Rush isn't exactly helping, no. <_<
Old 2009-01-22, 18:07   Link #5031
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Quote:
The Kamen Rider Rush isn't exactly helping, no. <_<
Thta's Ghaz's fault. He rushed out that OC just so she could claim the IXA System before anyone else could >_>
Old 2009-01-22, 18:19   Link #5032
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Thta's Ghaz's fault. He rushed out that OC just so she could claim the IXA System before anyone else could >_>
*strikes a pose on a very unstable pedistal*

So what? At the very least it got my creative juices flowing, even if it was in a direction that would make a lot of people sigh lol XD
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 02:01   Link #5033
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
BTW:

Delicious FEAR 2 demo is delicious!

Thou hath played it... jealousy rising...

Damn, why did my home net have to die on me now ;-;

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 02:02   Link #5034
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

Thou hath played it... jealousy rising...

Damn, why did my home net have to die on me now ;-;
Ouch...however...*STABS LOWE!!*

WHY HAVEN'T YOU COMMENTED ON MY STUFF?!!! DX
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 02:18   Link #5035
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Ouch...however...*STABS LOWE!!*

WHY HAVEN'T YOU COMMENTED ON MY STUFF?!!! DX
WHY HAVEN'T YOU STABBED ME FOR NOT COMMENTING ON YOUR STUFF?!!! DX

Okay, sorry, I've been pretty busy with school for the last few days. I'll try to get *something* done in way of reviews, comments and the like (before I get overloaded like the last time, hopefully. There's still at least 150 pages of OC-2 that I haven't read yet...)
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 03:56   Link #5036
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
I saw it, but lunch breaks are short. I'll do a proper Backlog Breaker somewhere in the weekend.
It's not much to comment on though... ^^;;;

Quote:
Oh yeah, I forgot about that poor guy.

*me looks at the new OC filed under "appearance is a cameo, and does not have a profile"*

...yeah well she's one of those New Deal OCs that get written in rather than prewritten so... no linking just yet.

Quote:
Spoiler for sorta...:
Sounds like a brilliant snippet straight out of the Clone Wars! Just needs Cywarriors, Commanders Farsight, Rex and Cody to finish the picture.

In plain English:

Quote:
Considering "Saint Guard" and "heavy plasma cannon bombardment" are pretty much synonimous, yes, I'd expect so.
Fixed.
Old 2009-01-23, 04:23   Link #5037
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Okay, here's the mini-scene that completes the first Crash-Subaru encounter... Or rather, the scene that is the aftermath of the encounter.

Spoiler for Wikimon! Use PANIC ATTACK:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panic_attack

Next stop, Powerthirst Commercial for Vivio.
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 06:04   Link #5038
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
*strikes a pose on a very unstable pedistal*

So what? At the very least it got my creative juices flowing, even if it was in a direction that would make a lot of people sigh lol XD
Oh, its not that bad. It's just pretty much going *woosh* over my head. I never really got into Kamen Rider. Den-O bored me pretty quickly, only the occasional Momotaros stunt could amuse me.

Quote:
It's not much to comment on though... ^^;;;
There is enough material that warrants a proper red through instead of a quick comment cobbled together in half an hour.

Quote:
*me looks at the new OC filed under "appearance is a cameo, and does not have a profile"*

...yeah well she's one of those New Deal OCs that get written in rather than prewritten so... no linking just yet.
Cameo? Snippet then. I need to know where we stand on this, concidering she will most likely play a pivotal role in my Eden fic.

Quote:
Sounds like a brilliant snippet straight out of the Clone Wars! Just needs Cywarriors, Commanders Farsight, Rex and Cody to finish the picture.
Not really a big chance, the mission is a 3-man team one. They kinda need to keep a low profile, going to Orussia and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Okay, here's the mini-scene that completes the first Crash-Subaru encounter... Or rather, the scene that is the aftermath of the encounter.

Spoiler for Wikimon! Use PANIC ATTACK:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panic_attack

Next stop, Powerthirst Commercial for Vivio.
So, this is after that last piece you wrote? What caused him to go into such a panic attack?
Old 2009-01-23, 06:45   Link #5039
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
You don't remember the opening of the story I take it.

During the Auction in Striker's, Crash was sent to test the new armor he had by taking out some drones.

It was a trap, and he was ambushed by six combat cyborgs while Lutecia was conveniently getting a Relic for the doctor.

Crash somehow managed to hold for eight minutes in that fight before help arrived... but not before he had one 'near death' moment face to face with Tre's cold calculating eyes.
Ever since that incident he's had a case of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. (The nightmare that opens the story is one symptom.)

Asside from the nightmares, a fear of combat he can overcome, and stress shock. Crash has a trauma induced phobia of combat cyborgs. Phobia and PTSD are both triggers for a Panic Attack. That was the phobia induced attack. He's still got the PTSD attack coming later.

Of course, the TSAB's generic medical and psychoevaluative staff, if you were to say they were anything like real world military medical/psychological evaluations staff, would find any excuse to not diagnose his condition... And so he's spent the last several months traumatized.

That's why the moment Shari explained it, he siezed up. Phobias are irrational, and that was an instant trigger to a phobia and an instant start of a panic attack. Had he not ended up startled by falling over some equipment, he might have made it out of the situation with his mind still in control of his fear. But if you've ever already been shit-terrified of something and then had something startle you, you lose it. Completely.

But you know, Murphy's an asshole that way. But his misery is our entertainment.

I'll end this post with the start of scene four... Powerthirst, Vivio, and introspective thoughts from Zaphira. (With some inspiration from recently reading that Zaphira the baby-sitter fic...)

Spoiler for Rocket Can?!:
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 07:22   Link #5040
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
There is enough material that warrants a proper red through instead of a quick comment cobbled together in half an hour.
THat's a surprise... I felt there's only enough there to fill a scrolling prologue...

Quote:
Cameo? Snippet then. I need to know where we stand on this, concidering she will most likely play a pivotal role in my Eden fic.
Now that changes things. Are we going the cyborg route or the "elite training facility in Fuso" route? Most of all, Yuri-chan is on the good side...

Quote:
Not really a big chance, the mission is a 3-man team one. They kinda need to keep a low profile, going to Orussia and all.
I was just kidding! The way Clone Wars is organized is great for a lazy writer like me, that's what got me interested. XD

Sounds like siriuz bizniz now though. Orussia? Smirnov country. I wonder if Artei should be involved as a contact. Daddy Smirnov (and him) run a weapons manufacturing complex there, have links to the underworld and the man is Kha's indirect info broker after all...

...ah there I go spouting my mouth off.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content