Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-04-25, 06:41   Link #41
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
It wasn't a bad voice at all, it just doesn't fit Oro's snakeish personality...I mean I would much rather a Skeletor or Cobra Commander type of voice than the one we got...Oro isn't a swash-buckler, or gentlemen type...He's a sly snake in the grass...That's not represented in his voice...Now when he was still pretending to be that women he had one of the best voice dubs in the industry which is the woman who plays Major Motoko from GITSSAC...Her and Blum are probably the best in the industry...

XD ahah Cobra commander...skeletor..omg...that would have been perfect. I laughed out loud thinking of orochimaru with cobra's voice. haha. fun stuff.
Homeschooler_Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 08:53   Link #42
Zek
Eyebrows...

Naruto's voice is supposed to be annoying. You guys just think all the Japanese VAs are perfect because you don't speak the language.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 09:30   Link #43
Zleach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
Naruto's voice is supposed to be annoying. You guys just think all the Japanese VAs are perfect because you don't speak the language.
No I didn't mean that all Japanese VAs are perfect
like take for example like kenshin for the Japanese version and Yusuke from
Yu Yu Hakusho now those were not that great. But for the English dub to me those were one of the best dubs I had listen to.
(Oh and Cowboy Bebop too)
Zleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 09:43   Link #44
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
Annoying or not ... I'll leave that in the middle, but it's a voice I loved since episode 1. I also like that Naruto Ondo CD, just because of that voice. The voice of Syaoran & Daisuke Niwa (TRC & D.N.Angel) is also one I really like.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 15:00   Link #45
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek

I don't think that all of them are perfect at all. I just think that when you watch over one hundred episodes in japanese you kind of get an idea of what each character should sound like. Kakashi has a deep voice in the japanese version,but in the english he sounds very soft. I knew Naruto would have some type of youthful voice, but it's just too screechy for me :/ As for the others...it's just sometimes when they are talking it sounds so cheesy. We can't help it if we don't like it and if you like it, then thats fine. I just don't care for it much at all. I think the yu yu hakusho english dub was awesome! then there's something like fruits basket...i didn't like the voices even though some of them were voices from yu yu hakusho. It's just the characters themselves. Sometimes the voices just don't go with the character.
Old 2006-04-25, 17:46   Link #46
Arti

I think they're fine. You all just don't like it because you're not used to it, just like how some manga readers don't watch anime because voices and such aren't what they imagined.

Be open-minded.
Arti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 18:02   Link #47
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

i first watched the beginning of naruto in english...i hated it so much i stopped watching it, but then i decided i would watch it in jap instead...better obviously, i continued watching until episode 173, ill start again after fillers end. but english sucks 100%
kira_lacusXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 18:54   Link #48
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
I'm learning Japanese, but not nearly well enough to get what they're saying. Hell, I barely understand my teacher....

Anyway. I find the English Naruto's voice acting to be a bit... irritating, as you say. I just wish he'd stop saying, "believe it!" 200 times per episode. It gets old after the thrid time.

I like the other voice actors in the english though. But i haven't seen it dubbed in jap yet. I've only seen it on [adult swim].
Old 2006-04-26, 10:47   Link #49
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity
I'm learning Japanese, but not nearly well enough to get what they're saying. Hell, I barely understand my teacher....

Anyway. I find the English Naruto's voice acting to be a bit... irritating, as you say. I just wish he'd stop saying, "believe it!" 200 times per episode. It gets old after the thrid time.

I like the other voice actors in the english though. But i haven't seen it dubbed in jap yet. I've only seen it on [adult swim].
BELIEVE IT! : D
Old 2006-04-26, 18:37   Link #50
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

oh jesus christ i've started to watch the English Dubbed versions now. WHY GOD WHY!?
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 19:41   Link #51
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDetei
oh jesus christ i've started to watch the English Dubbed versions now. WHY GOD WHY!?

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! (vader voice)
Old 2006-04-26, 19:49   Link #52
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

Send a message via ICQ to Newtyped Send a message via AIM to Newtyped Send a message via Yahoo to Newtyped
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDetei
no dont stray away fron jesus >> << >>
english dubs are evil, jesus disaproves T_T
and the bad kinda evil,
not the me kinda evil
THE BAD KIND
run, run towards the light
Newtyped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 19:51   Link #53
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

Choose life! Not Naruto english dub! Jesus or Chuck Norris do not approve. Not even GHANDI O_o
Old 2006-04-26, 19:56   Link #54
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

Send a message via ICQ to Newtyped Send a message via AIM to Newtyped Send a message via Yahoo to Newtyped
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeschooler_Jenni
Choose life! Not Naruto english dub! Jesus or Chuck Norris do not approve. Not even GHANDI O_o
The penguins approve of The dubs
therefore all that is holy, and evily twinned disagrees
I'd rather choose death than dubs
Newtyped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 20:07   Link #55
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

Ayyyymennn
Old 2006-04-27, 14:26   Link #56
Tiamat
Mistress of the Keyblade

Location: Clashing swords with Cloud, Sephiroth, Riku & Sora.
Eh, I thought Oro's voice was fine. I could still feel the snake sense from him as he spoke. It's only the first ep. with his voice anyway so he could get better as he gets more into the character.
Tiamat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 14:55   Link #57
Orichi

Send a message via MSN to Orichi
I agree, Naruto's voice is the worst of them all...I can't stand it.
Kakashi voice also doesn't seem to fit, neither did Zabuza's.
As for Orochimaru's Voice, I didn't watch that far into the series.
Simply put, because again poor quality english dub actors killed the show.
It has gotten to the point that it is almost torture to watch the dubbed Naruto.
Orichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 17:16   Link #58
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Oh Dear God!

-Even a NarutoNazi like me found Naruto's voice to be completely butchered from his Japanese VA. Everytime I hear that "BELIEVE IT" catchphrase I want to bash my head on a rock. Strangely, his Kyuubified voice is perfect (in fact, dare I say it, better than his Japanese version). It sounds so demonic and intense which is what it should be like. Sasuke's voice was appropriate too. He sounds exactly what he is, an emotionless twat .
Old 2006-04-27, 21:04   Link #59
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

BELIEVE IT ^__^ or NOT O.o
Old 2006-04-27, 21:29   Link #60
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

I can speak Japanese to a point, and I think that Naruto's voice is TOO annoying. His Japanese voice is too, but it has a sort of cuteness to it. Like a little kid would have. AND he has the ability to talk seriously and sound scary if he wants to. Junko is a good seiyuu.
Yotsuba is offline   Reply With Quote