AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-04, 07:38   Link #21
Perishthethought

My point was that she wouldn't be negative about the message - after all, how could she? It's forgiveness in hardback! Just as Akane's interview represented the eventual forgiveness of Mitsuki (they parted ways on pretty dire terms). The charge was that she'd be upset about the fact that not only did Taka buy her book in the first place (even though it has a good message) but also that the suggested meeting should take place. I don't think she'd object to the offer of continued friendship, that much is true, but I do think she would object to all four of them meeting up together again. She KNOWS that this is a recipe for disaster, and it has happened once before. Once bitten...

As for it being a pipe dream - yes it is, it absolutely IS a pipe dream. We can never know what would transpire. To that end, if you'll notice at the end of my other post, I make light of the fact that I have manipulated my interpretation of characters to provide the opportunity for Taka and Haruka to be on the hill alone. This combination of character analysis and wishful thinking can prove a potent combination in providing so-called 'evidence' for a meeting up between Taka and Haruka alone. It does not, however, provide for conclusive evidence. You're right, it probably IS fanservice to an extent, and is done to such an extent that those who are gunning for Haruka WOULD interpret it as their reunion while those with feet in other camps would likely ignore it and dismiss it as 'pure speculation' and 'unnecessary'. To that end, I applaud the anime's producers in that they have successfully defined an ending to which you get out of what you put in i.e. the willingness you have to take seriously a continued relationship between either of the two girls and Takayuki dictates your standing on the ending.

As for it being a 'wish' ending, that much is, again, speculation. Whether the opening is grounded in reality (or rather, the specific section regarding the hill) is open to question, just as the prospect of Haruka being alone on the hill with Taka is. I have no partisan feeling towards Haruka (nor do I, coincidently, have any towards Mitsuki) and to that end I am merely 'spotting' elements of the anime that MAY be interpreted in such a way as to provide 'fuel for the fire', in other words elements that may support those who wish for the continued involvement of Haruka in Takayuki's life.

For those that enjoy these 'hints', and for those that wish for a Haruka and Takayuki reunion, I provide this information because I fear they may not have spotted it AND it makes for some interesting reading for all concerned. How seriously you want to take it is absolutely up to you.
Old 2006-08-10, 12:31   Link #22
TsubasaSeraphina

I love Kiminozo to death, but it sure pisses me off. I can't stop thinking about it (I watched it first when it was airing, years ago, so this is just sad on my part), I'm trying my best to get the game and make it work, becuase I almost feel like making the story work the way I want it to is the only way my poor over-active mind will ever be put to ease. I think too much, and Kiminozo seems to fry my brain. ~_~

I almost wish that the anime were longer, becuase there's so much room for speculation the way it is, it's an incredibly well-thought out and complex story, I would love little more than to learn japanese and track down whoever created it and choke all the answers out of him/her (I don't know...)

Last edited by TsubasaSeraphina; 2006-08-10 at 12:44.
Old 2006-11-16, 03:22   Link #23
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Just as i said, this should illustrate clearly that the "selfish" kind of romantic love in conflict with each other creates imperfection, and the only way to resolve this is to modify the love or destroy it.
Old 2006-11-23, 11:37   Link #24
Klover
Shuffle! 大好

Send a message via MSN to Klover
The ending should follow the 君が望む永遠~Special Fan Disk~ Haruka's ending.Because it is the best ending I had seen in the game.And i like it so much(Especially Haruka didn't meet wif the accident,that is the most happy part i like it).
Old 2006-12-09, 15:48   Link #25
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Shinji X Mitsuki
Haruka X Takayuki

That was easy. If I had to give reasons.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-09, 18:13   Link #26
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Perish i agree with you there in the fact that if Taka goes then he would go alone as i believe, if we know of Mitsuki's personality at all that she is extremely insecure and definitely won't go. To the point that the game ending for Mitsuki ends with her reading Haruka's book to her children is as you say it in the game and not the anime. You will see that the anime takes certain snippets of each girl's route and puts them together, this means that the anime could and most likely is very different compared to the game.

The fact also that we don't see Taka and Mitsuki together in the end and without children further hints at the fact that the anime is comparibly different to the game. Chances are if Taka is to meet Haruka on the hill it would definitely be by himself as like perish says that it's really hard to imagine anyone else reading the book or are so blinded by what happened three years ago that they think that they could possibly reconcile.

Note interestingly enough the anime only shows Taka out of all the 2 other friends of Haruka to have seen the book and buy it, the fact that he was able to see through Haruka's penname also suggests that he still thinks about Haruka and is always on the look out for her works.

You'll see i am a Haruka fan and I am merely hoping that what Perish said is actually true and that Taka and Haruka does meet on the hill and that feelings do develop cause i'm quite unsatisfied with who he ended up with.

Also you'll notice in the anime they say that in 3 years ppl change and ironically Haruka wrote the book after another 3 years, who's to say that Taka's feelings haven't changed again? Further fuelled by Haruka's book i think it would be quite likely that Taka would meet Haruka at the hill again.
Old 2006-12-19, 12:25   Link #27
Perishthethought

I particularly like the fact that there's a deliberate juxtaposition between Haruka and Mitsuki's love confessions from Takayuki under the tree. They differ in one very important and very key aspect - about what has come before, what lies in the past.

When the young Takayuki tells Haruka he loves her, under the tree, he says he wishes he could turn back time and start again - to which Haruka replies "no" indicating that she would prefer their love to have grown this way and that there is no denial of what has occurred. It's a somewhat more organic approach to their relationship's proper beginning than how Mitsuki and Takayuki got together. It's all 'part of the process'.

Mitsuki had to wait until the very end of her 'original' relationship with Taka at the end of the anime to get her love confession. Taka's previous responses to Mitsuki asking for his love were essentially reflex actions (you can see this in the resteraunt scene where she wants him to tell her he loves her and he does it so mechanically, taking a drink first, nonchalantly dispensing it). When he does tell her he loves her under the tree, he wants to start over. And she agrees, this is a fresh start, no more looking back on the past. They're going to make their own future without being dictated to by past indiscretions or consideration of third parties.

If you think about what Haruka's attitude is towards the past, it constitutes an ability to think that no matter how rough the ride is, and no matter how painful the heartbreak, that it will all have been worth it should the result be satisfactory (that she ends up with Takayuki). Would this be consistent with her wanting to ultimately end up with Takayuki after all that time? I think when you love someone to the extent that Haruka did Takayuki, you don't simply jump into a relationship with the next person that comes along - doing so would demonstrate how hollow the affection was in the first instance. I doubt Haruka would have had a serious relationship (at least one that could compete with her affections for Takayuki) in the interval. I doubt she would even consider it - not until the book was written at least. Should she have done so, then it demonstrates that she never really loved him in the first place, that she was merely 'fascinated' by him.

She also places great stock in having the object of her affections placing into words how they feel. She cannot handle Takayuki telling her he doesn't love her (which is what she assumes, at first, is what he has taken her to the hilltop to do). She actually says "I know it's the case but if you put it into words..." i.e. there'd be no hope, it would be out there, it wouldn't just be assumed, there'd be some possibility or doubt. And crucially, when they do say their ultimate goodbyes, Takayuki never says that he doesn't love Haruka. He says he's sorry but that he likes Mitsuki. It's pretty much taken for granted that he doesn't by the viewer, but for someone who places such stock in people's words as Haruka, then the lack of denial of love could be crucial to her. We can't know... But it's fun to speculate.

This series is truly excellent, by the way. There's only 14 episodes, but not one scene is wasted. Every word, every frame is perfectly placed and utilised effectively. It overlaps continuously, each time you watch it the layers of the differing timelines overlap and they play with contingency, coincidence and sheer synchronicity expertly.
Old 2007-01-14, 13:34   Link #28
hoon
7ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perishthethought View Post
I particularly like the fact that there's a deliberate juxtaposition between Haruka and Mitsuki's love confessions from Takayuki under the tree. They differ in one very important and very key aspect - about what has come before, what lies in the past.

When the young Takayuki tells Haruka he loves her, under the tree, he says he wishes he could turn back time and start again - to which Haruka replies "no" indicating that she would prefer their love to have grown this way and that there is no denial of what has occurred. It's a somewhat more organic approach to their relationship's proper beginning than how Mitsuki and Takayuki got together. It's all 'part of the process'.

Mitsuki had to wait until the very end of her 'original' relationship with Taka at the end of the anime to get her love confession. Taka's previous responses to Mitsuki asking for his love were essentially reflex actions (you can see this in the resteraunt scene where she wants him to tell her he loves her and he does it so mechanically, taking a drink first, nonchalantly dispensing it). When he does tell her he loves her under the tree, he wants to start over. And she agrees, this is a fresh start, no more looking back on the past. They're going to make their own future without being dictated to by past indiscretions or consideration of third parties.

If you think about what Haruka's attitude is towards the past, it constitutes an ability to think that no matter how rough the ride is, and no matter how painful the heartbreak, that it will all have been worth it should the result be satisfactory (that she ends up with Takayuki). Would this be consistent with her wanting to ultimately end up with Takayuki after all that time? I think when you love someone to the extent that Haruka did Takayuki, you don't simply jump into a relationship with the next person that comes along - doing so would demonstrate how hollow the affection was in the first instance. I doubt Haruka would have had a serious relationship (at least one that could compete with her affections for Takayuki) in the interval. I doubt she would even consider it - not until the book was written at least. Should she have done so, then it demonstrates that she never really loved him in the first place, that she was merely 'fascinated' by him.

She also places great stock in having the object of her affections placing into words how they feel. She cannot handle Takayuki telling her he doesn't love her (which is what she assumes, at first, is what he has taken her to the hilltop to do). She actually says "I know it's the case but if you put it into words..." i.e. there'd be no hope, it would be out there, it wouldn't just be assumed, there'd be some possibility or doubt. And crucially, when they do say their ultimate goodbyes, Takayuki never says that he doesn't love Haruka. He says he's sorry but that he likes Mitsuki. It's pretty much taken for granted that he doesn't by the viewer, but for someone who places such stock in people's words as Haruka, then the lack of denial of love could be crucial to her. We can't know... But it's fun to speculate.

This series is truly excellent, by the way. There's only 14 episodes, but not one scene is wasted. Every word, every frame is perfectly placed and utilised effectively. It overlaps continuously, each time you watch it the layers of the differing timelines overlap and they play with contingency, coincidence and sheer synchronicity expertly.
I'm going to have to agree with you on every point. Very well thought-out and detailed observation. I completely forgot about the two under-the-tree confessions as everytime I watch this series, my brain completely shuts off from the surge of mix emotion. Thanks for this, it'll help me get over my Kiminozu depression. o_o

I'm defitely a fan of Haruka but I do not dislike Mitsuki at all, in fact I liked her most of the time in the series. I always think, if I were in Takayuki's shoes, who would I have chosen? People always talk about how Haruki lost 3 years of her life but almost always forget the fact that Mitsuki lost her goals/dreams, friends, part of her life as all she does is work. While I don't agree with the idea of Polygomy, I think it'd be happier with that ending honestly.
Closed Thread