AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-14, 11:00   Link #3821
Sunder the Gold

Not when RH didn't have a previous master, no.

If it possibly DID, then we could imagine that master attacking a Belkan installation, dying as the installation is destroyed, and RH being lost along with the master's corpse.

As it is, it's more likely that RH was in a Mid-Childan facility that came under attack, with everyone inside dying and RH being left for lost as the facility was abandoned.

The ruin might have been where RH was created, and it was attacked before it could be sent to its intended owner. Or else the ruin was a base where it was sent to meet its intended owner, but the base was destroyed before they could contract.

There are other possible scenarios as well.
Old 2011-11-19, 08:33   Link #3822
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Are there any spells that directly boost the mage's capability such as strength, movement and reaction speed, senses?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2011-11-19, 08:36   Link #3823
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Are there any spells that directly boost the mage's capability such as strength, movement and reaction speed, senses?
Caro's spell when she boosted Erio against the Type-3 Drone (was it 3? The giant ball one) on the train.

Cheers.
Old 2011-11-19, 08:53   Link #3824
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Any speed-up spell of the Blitz and Sonic families.
Old 2011-11-19, 09:37   Link #3825
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Yeah, given Caro's whole device nature(a boost type device) and series of spells, you can apparently boost anything with the right spell. How much of a boost would depend on the mana the mage can output. While I don't think she's ever boosted strength, per se, she boosted Erio's speed once, boosted Teana's illusion magic and shot power, and boosted Erio with a couple of spells that cut through the AMF field and boosted Strada's attack power. That's off the top of my head
Old 2011-11-19, 10:40   Link #3826
Sunder the Gold

I think the "Boost" part of Boost Device refers to how the Device is stripped down and specialized to do nothing but enhance a mage's power.

That Caro also knows Boost-type Increase spells is a coincidence.

Keykeiron is probably very much like Sacred Heart, except that one merges with the master and the other is merely worn.

Well, and Sacred Heart is probably intended to focus on those spells that Vivio isn't concentrating on (like her Barrier Jacket and defense) so that she can devote her whole attention to her conscious movements and attacks. Vivio and Einhart never (or rarely) get the kind of power that a Master and Device working together on a single spell can achieve, but they can be assured that their backs are covered at all times.
Old 2011-11-19, 19:00   Link #3827
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
I think the "Boost" part of Boost Device refers to how the Device is stripped down and specialized to do nothing but enhance a mage's power.

Sauce?

charlimit
Old 2011-11-27, 06:36   Link #3828
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

How long can a familiar live after the death of its master?
Old 2011-11-27, 07:58   Link #3829
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Unknow, depend on how fast (s)he will use magic reserves... most likely not long.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2011-11-27, 08:44   Link #3830
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
That never happened in the canon. My guess would be that after the master's death, the familiar either dissipates like Linith did or reverts to its original animal form (as Linith was promised by Precia, though that might have been a special reverse-spell arrangement).
Old 2011-11-30, 08:51   Link #3831
Dark Wing

Quote:
Now this is just a theory on my part but since we don't have any examples of what happenes to a familiar after a masters death. It could be possible for the familiar to have been given some kind of magic reserved by said master for such an emergency if he or she doesn't want to go back to being an animal or die in some cases until a new master can be found. However magical reserves may depend on how power the last master ways.
Old 2011-11-30, 11:51   Link #3832
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^ I like this theory, as magical being probably their last master is able to give them some reserve magicla power before dying allowing them to survive for some time possibly in the hopes of the familiar finds a new master who sustains it's life from now on.

Yeah, kind of like the Clow Cards xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-30, 12:56   Link #3833
Sunder the Gold

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
Sauce?
How about the wiki page for the Device in question?

http://nanoha.wikia.com/wiki/Kerykeion

"Scrapping the complex magic support functions found in regular devices, Kerykeion boosts Caro's own mana, and specializes in releasing it in the most suitable form for the task at hand."

In other words, it doesn't handle any calculations for Caro at all. It only regulates and boosts her power. That's why it's called a Boost Device.

The same sort of Device could be used by anyone, since it doesn't specialize in any particular kind of spell.

...Or so I say. The rest of the article tells us that Kerykeion has a special function called Twin Boost, which helps Caro cast two Increase/Boost spells at once.

So the Device DOES have specialized functions, including the ability to act as an independent sensor array.

Then again, since the Device comes as a two-in-one form (a pair of gloves), that would help it cast two spells at once. So it may not be a form of specialization at all, so much as incorporating a feature that takes advantage of its chassis.
Old 2011-11-30, 13:02   Link #3834
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
How about the wiki page for the Device in question?

http://nanoha.wikia.com/wiki/Kerykeion
Need I remind you that wiki content cannot be taken at face value unless backed up by canon sources? Also, that article seems to incorporate translations from Japanese, which I would be hesitant to interpret without a certain translation error margin.
Old 2011-12-20, 19:57   Link #3835
cherry1608

Hello

I'm new to this forum but not new to this anime. I was wondering if someone could tell me any recent news, I know the Gears of Destiny is out (which I am anxiously waiting to receive in the mail), but besides that I feel lost =_=; I have never read the manga (although I want to but have no idea where to go to read them/ buy them). Anyway, any help would be much appreciated! ^^
Old 2011-12-20, 20:09   Link #3836
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry1608 View Post
I'm new to this forum but not new to this anime. I was wondering if someone could tell me any recent news, I know the Gears of Destiny is out (which I am anxiously waiting to receive in the mail), but besides that I feel lost =_=; I have never read the manga (although I want to but have no idea where to go to read them/ buy them). Anyway, any help would be much appreciated! ^^
PM with info sent.

welcome to the forum xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-20, 20:56   Link #3837
mllhild
Nanoha fanatic

Location: lost somewhere inside the stories created by my mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
^ I like this theory, as magical being probably their last master is able to give them some reserve magicla power before dying allowing them to survive for some time possibly in the hopes of the familiar finds a new master who sustains it's life from now on.

Yeah, kind of like the Clow Cards xD!
There is still the question if they(the familiar) can actually store mana or are directly connected to the mages mana pool taking there mana constantly from them.
Also the question point I don't understand quite is how do familiars aquire not only a human mind but also a own personality and extensive knowledge. For example Lilith did know a hole lot about magic while being originally a cat.
So if they get their mind from their master then it could also get lost with their master death.
Old 2011-12-20, 21:02   Link #3838
mllhild
Nanoha fanatic

Location: lost somewhere inside the stories created by my mind
Quote:
Just looked through the movie manga again, and I cannot find the words that say Yuuno found it in a ruin. I would have sworn they were in the same chapter on the same pages as the information about Yuuno = only guest and Nanoha = only master.

But the wiki says that the pamphlet is the one that mentions how Yuuno found Raising Heart in a ruin.

Does the pamphlet mention if it was a ruin on Midchilda, or is "found in a ruin" basically all it says?
I've in mind that there was a scene where a woman at a reception desk said that the elders have to have a lot of confidence to entrust to Yuuno such an divice (RH). Should be somewhere at the beginning of the movie or the TV series.
But don't kill me if I mixed up fanfiction with canon.
Old 2011-12-20, 21:04   Link #3839
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Avoid double posting. You're given an edit button and a multi-quote function for a reason.
Old 2011-12-21, 00:20   Link #3840
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mllhild View Post
I've in mind that there was a scene where a woman at a reception desk said that the elders have to have a lot of confidence to entrust to Yuuno such an divice (RH). Should be somewhere at the beginning of the movie or the TV series.
But don't kill me if I mixed up fanfiction with canon.
It's not in the TV series, but I wouldn't know if it was in the movie.

Can anyone else who's seen the movie chime in?

There was a scene in the movie manga where Yuuno talks to a receptionist, but she doesn't express admiration. Her concern is that he's booking a flight to an unadministered world to dig up Lost Logia, which would be a crime. He assures her that he has permission, and in any case, it's a matter of retrieval rather than excavation.
Closed Thread