AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-06-03, 05:49   Link #601
judasmartel
*Author

Well, first time Accel World viewers will need some RAGE repellent for the second half the show, so I'm not sure what to say about that.

Except that, yes, we really should respect anime viewers who haven't read the source material yet. Me, I'm not really bothered with spoilers, I just want to see the source material animated, that is all.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 15:13   Link #602
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Well, first time Accel World viewers will need some RAGE repellent for the second half the show, so I'm not sure what to say about that.

Except that, yes, we really should respect anime viewers who haven't read the source material yet. Me, I'm not really bothered with spoilers, I just want to see the source material animated, that is all.
I feel like that's becoming a trend in a strange way. Everything is fine for the first half, and then it all just goes to crap. Sometimes the opposite as well.

It's so very irritating to watch a show, and then be met with an enormous change writing quality as if either all of the good writing was canned or they decided to actually try and do something good.

Edit: As an American, I honestly think it's hilarious when they have stereotyped Westerners that suck at English but speak fantastic Japanese. The instance of them being good at English but poor at Japanese eludes me, however.
Old 2013-06-04, 07:56   Link #603
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Not particular to anime, but there's a particularly annoying kind of thing that happens when you have an anime with a source material.

No, I'm not talking about when the adaptation is fail and people point out the issues of it. It's those idiots and their friggin spoilers. Do you know how big a doucher you are when you deny people the experience you had the luxury of experiencing?It's like they don't respect the anime viewers. The worst part is when they just wave it around like a hammer and give off the feeling "Oh, haha you fool! I know what's gonna happen nah nah". Oh right, like knowing the result because you read the thing beforehand makes you extra smart or something and they just ruin discussions. Good thing this is one of the forums that keeps those tools to their own threads.
You just named the reason yourself: If they don't have their own thread and have to put a spoiler on EVERY SINGLE POST, then a lot of people will get frustrated. If they got their own thread then this is no problem, as you said. Well maybe when someone INTENTIONALLY wants to spoil others and enters the anime-only thread for that, then you are right.
Old 2013-06-04, 08:17   Link #604
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
You just named the reason yourself: If they don't have their own thread and have to put a spoiler on EVERY SINGLE POST, then a lot of people will get frustrated. If they got their own thread then this is no problem, as you said. Well maybe when someone INTENTIONALLY wants to spoil others and enters the anime-only thread for that, then you are right.
As far as I know, nothing prevents someone from starting a thread in the manga forum. I see a lot of postings from manga readers in anime forums that do little other than bitch about the adaptation or parade the author's advanced understanding of the material. Some threads, like the one for Magi, became unreadable for an anime-only person like me.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 09:26   Link #605
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
As far as I know, nothing prevents someone from starting a thread in the manga forum. I see a lot of postings from manga readers in anime forums that do little other than bitch about the adaptation or parade the author's advanced understanding of the material. Some threads, like the one for Magi, became unreadable for an anime-only person like me.
I was refering to anime forums in general, not just to animesuki. But as you said yourself, people discuss Manga stuff in the anime thread, although they could continue that discussion in the Manga/LN-thread.

Though maybe the Manga/LN people think they are being ignored. I mean only a few selected ANIME can get subforums here, well because this is "ANIMEsuki" after all, but still...
Old 2013-06-04, 20:18   Link #606
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

A series doesn't have to have a subforum to have a parallel manga thread. There are also threads about manga that have no anime adaptation. Given the structure of AS, there is no good reason for manga readers to spoil anime threads. If AS has a Prime Directive, it is the Spoiler Policy.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 20:45   Link #607
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I don't care if it's intentional or not. Fail is fail.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 20:48   Link #608
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Not particular to anime, but there's a particularly annoying kind of thing that happens when you have an anime with a source material.

No, I'm not talking about when the adaptation is fail and people point out the issues of it. It's those idiots and their friggin spoilers. Do you know how big a doucher you are when you deny people the experience you had the luxury of experiencing?It's like they don't respect the anime viewers. The worst part is when they just wave it around like a hammer and give off the feeling "Oh, haha you fool! I know what's gonna happen nah nah". Oh right, like knowing the result because you read the thing beforehand makes you extra smart or something and they just ruin discussions. Good thing this is one of the forums that keeps those tools to their own threads.
Yeah, I'm with you on this. It's why I generally don't do series speculations for shows that I know are based on popular source material.
Old 2013-06-06, 01:28   Link #609
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
hahaha.. the fat MC ruined my interest in the anime..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 11:15   Link #610
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Completely agree with the topic on this page. Keep the manga stuff in the manga threads.

The OTHER thing that really annoys me in anime, and I think I posted about this in another thread, is when the male character is called a pervert and/or beaten when an unfortunate accident happens. However, I'd have to say the sole exception is MM! where the male actually wanted those sorts of things to happen and liked it, and made for some interesting comedy.

Endless "It was an accident" Soul
Old 2013-06-06, 17:29   Link #611
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Completely agree with the topic on this page. Keep the manga stuff in the manga threads.

The OTHER thing that really annoys me in anime, and I think I posted about this in another thread, is when the male character is called a pervert and/or beaten when an unfortunate accident happens. However, I'd have to say the sole exception is MM! where the male actually wanted those sorts of things to happen and liked it, and made for some interesting comedy.

Endless "It was an accident" Soul
The fact that she hates his being a pervert but still loves the guy.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 20:42   Link #612
breakfree~flyaway
Que Sera Sera

I think that the only pet peeve of mine with anime is when the ending leads to confusion. You get super in depth with the story and then the ending leaves a cliff-hanger that seems out of the blue. I've only experienced this a couple times but it is still slightly annoying when your left with a mystery of what happens next in the storyline due to an "abrupt ending" in the series.
breakfree~flyaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 06:50   Link #613
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I know you would say that. I only wish people just stop flaunting how shallow they are.

I'm not talking about you of course. If you like thin MC's, that's fine. I like thin MC's, too. What I don't like is too perfect MC's with flaws that do not affect him whatsoever.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 08:22   Link #614
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
If I heard people at least saying that his character was not an "archtype" but a very interesting character with a very interesting personality, then I may have watched it... but from what I heard he is another of these "suck-up-to-what-the-others-tell-you-and-never-oppose-them"-characters which sadly make up over 90% of shonen protagonists.

Sadly Kirito does this too, though at times he can put it aside. If now Asuna (and Kirito's cousin, forgot her name) just weren't such aggro-type-tsundere I may have REALLY loved SAO, but no... there has always to be a reason to make it fall from 10/10 to 7/10.

In short, I cannot stand the relationship most MCs have toward their allies/friends.
Old 2013-06-09, 23:46   Link #615
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It often seems like anime writers/producers, even of adaptations of complete series, don't seem to have a clue how to satisfactorily end a series. Coupled with this is the tendency to force fit an ending onto a story that has actually drifted towards a different ending.

No specific examples, mostly a trending feeling on my part.
Old 2013-06-10, 01:43   Link #616
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
I know you would say that. I only wish people just stop flaunting how shallow they are.

I'm not talking about you of course. If you like thin MC's, that's fine. I like thin MC's, too. What I don't like is too perfect MC's with flaws that do not affect him whatsoever.
Well, it's a criticism against Accel World that is valid but completely overplayed. I'd think people would get over it after a bit but hey.

On the other hand, it does show to me, from what I've seen is that the author of that and SAO, Kawahara, is about as subtle as a warhorn when it comes to storytelling. I'm afraid he does nothing for me beyond interesting premises and some hot female characters. A exceptional studio like Sunrise could salvage more, A-1....

And that would relate to something I really don't like about anime.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-06-10, 01:46   Link #617
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Well, it's a criticism against Accel World that is valid but completely overplayed. I'd think people would get over it after a bit but hey.

On the other hand, it does show to me, from what I've seen is that the author of that and SAO, Kawahara, is about as subtle as a warhorn when it comes to storytelling.

And that would relate to something I really don't like about anime.
Subtlety in general is something that Japanese Entertainment in general fails at. They are usually over-the-top hammy or melodramatic. And don't get me started on live-action TV series or movies .

Granted, it's that over-the-top nature that can make it more entertaining at times.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 01:55   Link #618
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Subtlety in general is something that Japanese Entertainment in general fails at. They are usually over-the-top hammy or melodramatic. And don't get me started on live-action TV series or movies .

Granted, it's that over-the-top nature that can make it more entertaining at times.
Live action Kaiji rawr. But of course, there's more quiet stuff like Usagi Drop and Wandering son that treat everything in a matter of fact tone. And there's that 7 episode series that you love so much that is depicted in your avatar. I actually like Japanese horror-- it's more subtle then what I have over here, but... given what you typically see over here.

Well, it certainly isn't an absolute on how things go. Attack on Titan is super bombastic and kinda stupid in places but it's high energy and has clearly defined characters that keep my going. It does falter when it goes slow.

Monogatari is also a series that is really stupid but when it catches the flow, I don't mind the shallow caricatures of characters or in your face fanservice that the show loves so much. However, when it slows down, it's -_-

On the other hand, a series like Code Geass, I absolutely cannot stand to the point to I wonder if it's supposed to be a comedy simply because I find all the characters to be obnoxious cretins. Even if it was the point.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-06-10, 01:56   Link #619
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Live action Kaiji rawr. But of course, there's more quiet stuff like Usagi Drop and Wandering son that treat everything in a matter of fact tone. And there's that 7 episode series that you love so much that is depicted in your avatar.

Well, it certainly isn't an absolute on how things go. Attack on Titan is super bombastic and kinda stupid in places but it's high energy and has clearly defined characters that keep my going. It does falter when it goes slow.

Monogatari is also a series that is really stupid but when it catches the flow, I don't mind the shallow caricatures of characters or in your face fanservice that the show loves so much. However, when it slows down, it's -_-

On the other hand, a series like Code Geass, I absolutely cannot stand to the point to I wonder if it's supposed to be a comedy simply because I find all the characters to be obnoxious cretins. Even if it was the point.
Usagi Drop liveaction film was actually criticised for being too melodramatic actually instead of the heartwarming atmosphere that the manga (and anime) potrayed.

And like I said, sometimes the over-the-top nature is what makes it more entertaining. Your Kaiji statement is an excellent example
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 21:59   Link #620
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Bumping this topic because I have a new pet peeve and since there are a bunch of people that have been watching newly released anime for over a decade I figured I might as well bring it here. When first episodes air nowadays the opening theme is not present in the beginning and is shoved into where the ending theme is. Question: Where did this start? I say this because I know this didn't happen in the many 70s, 80s, and 90s anime I've watched and there are some in the 00s that did not do this, so where did this start and why did it catch on? It irks me in loads.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote