AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-27, 21:10   Link #61
justpassingby

^Starchild likes to push their artists? Also, as much as I like Mikako-shi, that PV looks cheap.
The coupling song for her limited edition single has been premiered earlier than the main song (Listen, composed by Hyadain)

The first episode will be premiered on July 1st (this Monday) Time: 2300. Seating will only be available for 2000 viewers, that even a Premium membership will probably won't be able to view it. [nico]....Japan only :P

Kitakoshi site updated.

Edit:
Kami-nai site renewed.

Edit 2:
Images
Ai-chan kawAIi yo, Ai-chan
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by justpassingby; 2013-07-01 at 10:48.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 12:17   Link #62
Miraluka
Banned

First episode has been streamed on Nico.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 12:31   Link #63
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 13:59   Link #64
backbone
Banned

Hope this show will get legal english streaming sometimes later as Nico stream felt incredibly atrocious
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 14:18   Link #65
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 16:43   Link #66
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It won't air on tv until Sunday, right? Sigh, another show that will be hard to discuss. Curse you and your atrocious quality, nico.
Old 2013-07-01, 17:17   Link #67
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for ep1:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 21:41   Link #68
justpassingby

I was really looking forward to the ED visual when part of the melody was played near the end of the episode, but I guess I have to wait for the normal airing.

IMO Mikako-shi's new song and the PV fit the theme of the anime, and some earlier part of LN vol 01.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2013-07-01 at 22:34.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 00:32   Link #69
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I think casting Aki Toyosaki as Ai was a bad idea. Cause she so reminded me of Yui every time she spoke. But over-vise I liked the first ep. Waiting for official airing wit OP/ED and for subs.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 07:41   Link #70
Freeter
beyond

Barely a minute in and we have the MC punting the loli heroine across the screen. I'm sold.
Old 2013-07-02, 07:58   Link #71
kuromitsu

I didn't plan on watching this because it doesn't seem like my type of show, but the setting is interesting and there's Namikawa Daisuke, so I thought I'd give it a shot...

...but gah, the heroine. The setting would be okay, Namikawa is awesome, but why did the writer have to have a moemoe cutesy loli with an inexplicably cutesy outfit and cutesy hair and an irritatingly cutesy voice whyyyy (<- rhetoric question)

Sigh. Oh well, I think I'll stick with the show for a while if only to see where it goes, and to bask in the Namikawa awesomeness. (Also, isn't Satou Rina supposed to be in this? It would be nice, having Akutabe and Sakuma... xD) Too bad about the main character. :/

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-07-02 at 08:06. Reason: one of these days I'll learn proper English...
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 12:03   Link #72
Bern-san

Weird story but interesting first episode. I don't care about Ai's aspect but I'm not very fond of how she acts like a 5-year old kid (or maybe it's the voice idk).

Will keep watching it to see where this goes
Old 2013-07-02, 13:17   Link #73
desrtsku
Nympholept

I'm gonna watch this.
Well, seems like a very peculiar story and I'm not really fond of the atmosphere, but the visuals look very nice. Kind of Reminds me of Oda Nobuna ; from the same staff?
However, wasn't what she said in the intro somehow taken from the book of Genesis? I'd have never imagined watching some loli fanservice show while reading the bible, and here I got served. And in the process, I'm beginning to wonder if it's a sin to ... well ... whatever.

Anyway, what is this? Why is he kicking the not-so-gravekeeper loli? That's a crime!
Old 2013-07-02, 14:48   Link #74
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Episode 1 raised my interest about the world of this show.

- People don't die even when they are supposedly dead. At the same time, they aren't exactly zombies. They are functioning normally, all 43 of them in that village who were looking after the little girl.

- The only two time the dead stays dead are when unknown gunslinger puts a bullet to their head and when the Grave Keeper burries the dead.

- Little girl with shovel is the designated grave keeper for some reason. My interest in her peaked when she sort of attacked the gun-slinger with her shovel and then.... got kicked in the face. I admit it was kind of cruel, but I just couldn't help it. Sorry! Either way, my curiosity also revolved around the fact her mother died, but she stayed dead. Well, until the villagers told the little girl you are the new Grave Keeper and now bury your mother. So in an essence the little girl ensured her mom's death. That brings me to the other interesting point:
- So who was the mom? Was she another Grave Keeper? The Gunslinger says the Grave Keeper aren't human. They appear out of nowhere. They don't have any human emotions and nor do they have any parents. So in an essence Grave Keepers cannot be designated.

So again, who was the mother of this little girl? And how unique is this little girl?
Anyway, I'm intrigued. I also enjoyed the bits and pieces of the dark comedy. I laughed when the Gunslinger says, "you are no Grave Keeper. Now the girl behind you, that's a Grave Keeper." Turns out the Grave Keeper is a milf who at anytime would break out with, "ara ara ara~~~." I'll watch this show. And please don't spoil. The questions above are solely to discuss with other anime-only viewers who may have found those interesting also.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 16:22   Link #75
Dop
Mmmm....

Episode 1: When bad things happen to lolis...

Actually I found the show quite intriguing, and hope to watch it again at a decent resolution, and watch more of it. I want to find out more about the way that world is laid out, what the guy with the gun is up to, and why the girl had been chosen as a gravekeeper.

Maybe this one will have to get the split thread treatment like Red Data Girl had, one for people who watch it in fuzz-o-vision, and one for people waiting for the glorious HD.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 17:37   Link #76
HandofFate

Not a fan.
Premise seems interesting, but everything about the execution didn't keep me very invested in the characters.

Passing on this one.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 17:41   Link #77
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
...but gah, the heroine. The setting would be okay, Namikawa is awesome, but why did the writer have to have a moemoe cutesy loli with an inexplicably cutesy outfit and cutesy hair and an irritatingly cutesy voice whyyyy (<- rhetoric question)
Loli Fake Gravekeeper-chan is adorable, I'm sure that with time you will come to see that she's a miracle of the universe.

I highly enjoyed the first episode. Unlike with Red Data Girl, though, I'll stick with the 'official' release from here on out. The pre-air of Red Data Girl predated the main airing by two weeks, and I'm too impatient to wait that long (especially since the pre-airing of RDG included the episodes' full content, ending and opening themes included). With the time between pre-airing and airing so much shorter this time around, and with the opening and ending omitted from the pre-air (possibly a Next Episode bit as well if this anime features them)... yeah, Kamisama will be a Sunday thing for me from now on.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 18:58   Link #78
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

So many bad reviews....

I liked, though. The protagonist's cuteness gets balanced with the man-eaater's coolness and the setting's dread..
jvcscasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 22:19   Link #79
Tranhieu

Spoiler for Episode 1:

All in all, quite OK for a first episode, if I were to grade it, a 7.5 maybe?

Just to add I would follow this series till the end of the season, unless they manage to wreck it so horribly. The story (LN) itself is very promising and that kind of world is exactly what I'm looking for. The 1st episode was pretty faithful to the manga (and the LN?) so it's a plus.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 23:26   Link #80
Irenesharda

It was okay.

I have yet to find a real connection to this setting or characters and nothing really has grabbed me so far. I don't really like Ai, she's cute sometimes and annoying other times. HH, the silver haired toy, is annoying as heck and has NOT made a good impression on me. I don't really get what the plot will be either, is this a zombie series? Vampires? What are our MCs supposed to be doing? Why did HH kill the entire village?

Well, this series has started off with a "pop" rather than a bang. It's pretty and has potential I guess. I will continue by 3-episode trial and see if this show is gets better.

I give this premiere episode a 7/10.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy