AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-11-08, 12:06   Link #1
Xarvi

Romantic? Mystic? I need help!

What I'm looking for is an anime with a "tough girl", that eventually falls in love or really like someone.
Kind of like Maid-sama or Kaze No Stigma, if you get what i mean.
And if possible I don't want an anime where the characters look like they're 10 years old!!
I don't mind ecchi, but what's most important is the relationship betwene the characters in the anime.
Also, if possible I'd like dubbed versions since i'm not a big fan of not understanding the words they're talking.. I think voice acting is pretty important and I don't like to "read a movie".

I realize i probably put a whole lot of restrictions, but feel free to link what you think is really good animes! But preferably I would want some romantic content to be a big part of the anime. <3

Oh! And no gay stuff..
Thanks in advance and I hope you can recommend some really good animes for me!
Xarvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 15:16   Link #2
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarvi View Post
Also, if possible I'd like dubbed versions since i'm not a big fan of not understanding the words they're talking.. I think voice acting is pretty important and I don't like to "read a movie".
The two bold phrases in relation to each other is mind-boggling.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 17:22   Link #3
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Try:
Toradora
Special A
Tonari no kaibutsu kun (ongoing series)
Lovely Complex
Old 2012-11-08, 17:45   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm going to suggest Cross Game even though it doesn't have a dub. It does have some top-of-the-line performances by Japanese seiyuu, though.

Then there's Nodame Cantabile which does have a dub. Nodame might not look tough, being a pianist, but she shows a lot of strength of character, especially in the last third of the show.

While we're on the subject of "senpai" romances, I think both Planetes and Toshokan Sensou might fit the bill, especially the latter. The heroine joins a group of militarized librarians fighting to defend the right to read in a weird near-future dystopic Japan. She falls in love with her male instructor. The same thing happens in Planetes, except they're both working as space "trash collectors." Planetes is licensed and has an English dub; Toshokan Sensou is available only in fansubs.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-11-08 at 21:22.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 19:13   Link #5
Siphine
The Dreamer

JUST WATCHED THE PERFECT ONE Ookami san and her seven companions Its about this tough girl who doesn't want to trust anyone other then herself so thats the heroine Check! It has romance but it obviously something that develops over time so Check! on romance. the protagonist is a boy by Ryoshi who declares his love to Ookami-san (tough girl) in the first episode and gets rejected, he then decides to join their group so he can be closer to Ookami-san thats how it pretty much starts

Oh and it has an english dub so CHECK! for the series!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Siphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 10:12   Link #6
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
A tough girl falling in love...

First girl to come to my mind was Madoka from Kimagure Orange Road. I'm not certain but I'd be very surprised if there isn't a dub.

Toradora is another good suggestion. I think it has a dub.

Angel Densetsu is the another I thought of, but it's a manga instead of an anime.

I'll also second Cross Game, Aoba fits what you want, and it's a high quality show. Unfortunately no dub.

That's were I'd start. Some others that might be worth considering:

Crest of the Stars
Shakugan no Shana
Full Metal Panic
Ranma 1/2
Otome Youkai Zakuro
A Certain Magical Index
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Chrome Shelled Regios

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 12:17   Link #7
jesh462

+1 for Toradora!, Crest of the Stars (and sequels), and Cross Game. All are favorites of mine!

I also agree with jedinat's comment. Obviously most people are not native Japanese speakers. If you really do care about voice acting though, it's rather silly to watch dubs. 99.9% of the time, the dub does not even approach the emotions and character conveyed in Japanese audio.
If you don't care about learning even a little Japanese, just read the sub quickly and watch what's happening on screen. Eventually you'll watch enough anime that you don't need the subs much anymore.
Insisting on dubs also seriously limits the quality of content that's available to you. A lot of excellent shows have never been dubbed over into English.
jesh462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 14:05   Link #8
Siphine
The Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesh462 View Post
Insisting on dubs also seriously limits the quality of content that's available to you. A lot of excellent shows have never been dubbed over into English.
This is true, animes like To Love Ru which is one of the most popular animes of the last few years doesn't have an english dub and neither does my personal favorite Highschool DXD

Old 2012-11-10, 19:26   Link #9
Xarvi

Thanks for the tips so far, i've written down what i though looked as if it would be worth watching.. Think I'll start with Highschool DXD.

Also you can just ignore the thing i said about it has to be dubbed, i realize I've seen *most* of the interesting animes that had a half decent dub.

If you come up with more animes I'd be glad if you could post them! <3
Xarvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 12:42   Link #10
Siphine
The Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarvi View Post
Thanks for the tips so far, i've written down what i though looked as if it would be worth watching.. Think I'll start with Highschool DXD.

Also you can just ignore the thing i said about it has to be dubbed, i realize I've seen *most* of the interesting animes that had a half decent dub.

If you come up with more animes I'd be glad if you could post them! <3
Good choice, It has great character development, artwork, and story.... and I've seen it maybe 3 times now? anyways awesome series, might go a little over the top with ecchi every now and then but if you ignore that then i think you will find its pretty good
NOTE:
They are airing a second season in 2013 so you will have to wait for the conclusion in there, unless they make a third season, which would be awesome

Tags
love, relationship, romance, romantic