Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2015-01-12, 08:50   Link #381
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
There is this plagerism accusations going on in regards to anime episode 1, where it is compared to the Pearl Harbor movie... Weird how it does look very similar.... What the...

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
It's called "dramatic shots" and part of movies shooting technique. I don't think those who accused plagiarism even understand the meaning of the term.

The part starting with the planes for example, textbook technique is you have a few appear first one by one, then follow by a swarm. Just to make things looked more dramatic and shock the audiences with the amount. Similarly the diving shot where the "camera" actually follow the path of the bomb to give it more impact. Or have the camera follow the under wings of the planes

In fact this even proved that the Kancolle animation studio really do take their animation serious, as they used similar technique to Hollywood-level filming to portray their scene, instead of just plain whatever-works
Old 2015-01-12, 13:17   Link #382
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Yeah it's by some Anti-KanColle shitheads in Korea... There are those who are very negative about its existence and are disgusted about how some Koreans play the game =_=; Some even go far as calling Korean players traitors to the country...

It's up to the point several forums/blogs had tons of flame wars out of control within topics about KanColle that those forums/blogs totally banned KanColle from being discussed about between users.

Actually fact is, some fansubbers in Korea got threatened by these Anti-KanColle fans to not make fansubs to the anime also, or some people warned the fansubbers that they shouldn't make fansubs for the anime to avoid potential flame war with the KanColle haters.

It's that serious... =A=; Now they even went far as comparing the Anime to Pearl Harbor movie......
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Sounds to me like a potential Charlie Hebdo happening in Korea. There'll be one nut who's so offended by Kancolle he'll do something violent. Unfortunately since anti-japanese is pro-korean then the incident will be highly downplayed by Korean media. You only get called a terrorist if your actions are against the government of the country you live in. If your actions are violent and they are for the government you live in, you're a patriot.

Okay, let's just quit the commentary about Kancolle haters. I don't think there's any point, since we're not Korean, and what they feel about it has nothing to do with us.
Threats weren't new to Otaku-related events and groups anyway. Doujin markets had been forced to cancel certain specific series doujin circles due to security reasons after threats were received against specific series (Kuroko no Basket were one of them?).

I think it is large overstatement to compare this with the recent events in Paris. People talk trash and troll all the time especially among gaming and otaku circles. Internet anonymity plus pro-right-wing prejudice mind give you interesting results in what people will do and say.

That said I can't 100% blame if fansub groups or market organisers for "giving in" the demands. As an Asian, I can tell you that we are more subtle in how we deal with evil and stupidity than Europeans and Americans.
MaiNoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 13:18   Link #383
Pablete
Banned

They're really hyping Yamato. I wonder if she will have the spotlight in the next episodes.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 13:57   Link #384
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post

They're really hyping Yamato. I wonder if she will have the spotlight in the next episodes.
I hope they bust out the Yamato hotel jokes.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 13:58   Link #385
Pablete
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
I hope they bust out the Yamato hotel jokes.
Ermm... what? Explain please.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 14:00   Link #386
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Life aboard the Yamato was more comfortable than in the rest of IJN (as in the sake was all-you-can-drink (accounts from survivors of the Yamato) and ramune distributors among other things). And she didn't go out to the sea much compared to others that the IJN personel joked about her being a hotel.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 14:04   Link #387
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I sure hope her design remain more or less the same as this scan.
The early design made her borderline anorexic with very weird purp/bordeaux/wine shade for her hair.
Old 2015-01-12, 14:13   Link #388
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I wonder if Yamato won't be introduced until the next battle. The anime clearly have their focus on Kaga and Akagi. But don't know if it's just for this arc or for the whole series (if just this arc, then Yamato could be for the next).

Still expect Yamato to have a grand entrance, so could be like in the middle of battle where her 46cm long range shot from way outside the battlefield, then she appear from horizon, sort of
Old 2015-01-12, 14:13   Link #389
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The early design made her borderline anorexic with very weird purp/bordeaux/wine shade for her hair.
The one with her hugging Fubuki? I kinda liked that design more...

Now she looks like a pony-tail Akagi.....but still okay.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 15:06   Link #390
Requiem-x
The slacking one

I don't think she's been hyped so much, I mean, she was one of the first girls to be confirmed, but she wasn't featured in either PV or most visuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
What a fancy comparison

Personally, I've never had problems with her design, though in this latest umage she looks kind of... tanned? Don't know how to put it. Anyway, it's just a nitpick. Also, I wonder how newcomers will react to her skirt gaps

Hoping to get a look at Yahagi?
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 15:40   Link #391
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

As someone who loved the shit out of Strike Witches... maybe it's because it's just the first episode but this didn't leave as big an impression as SW did. Like I said being a first episode I still haven't felt the camaraderie that maxe the SW so endearing and I do love Ichika as the SW maic character. Still going to watch more and see how it goes. The use of a nameless male character like a few other girl group show still feels weird.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 15:50   Link #392
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I'm probably the only one here who doesn't want the abyssal ship girls to talk. Their stoicism really fits them in my eyes. Of course they should show that they are a coordinated fleet with a leader (the base, whatever their name is) and not just randomly throwing ships around.

Really hoping that the anime shows that they're a tough opponent to beat.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 15:59   Link #393
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I'm probably the only one here who doesn't want the abyssal ship girls to talk. Their stoicism really fits them in my eyes. Of course they should show that they are a coordinated fleet with a leader (the base, whatever their name is) and not just randomly throwing ships around.

Really hoping that the anime shows that they're a tough opponent to beat.
LF>Elite Re-class or Standard Wo-class Kai Flagship in the anime (Because they are freaking Overpowered to the point I doubt even Kaga and Akagi would stand a chance with their current equipments which are considered very common/starting out armaments)
Images
Quote:
Pretty much this
Images
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 16:37   Link #394
cloud04
Scanlator

i still doubt yamato doing any combat early on, although if she does come out, nagato will have her action
Old 2015-01-12, 16:50   Link #395
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Considering they even used the Hotel Yamato joke in the latest Space Battleship Yamato movie, it is a known thing over there. (They went literal with it though. You have the battleship Yamato (sitting in the Amazon for reasons) but inside there is the actual Hotel Yamato, which is in Korea or Machuria).

I wonder if Yamato will be a new girl like Fubuki, or if she'll be an experiance veteran that is transfered to this naval district. If she's new, you would have the odd experiance of Fubuki being the senior to a battleship.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2015-01-12 at 17:51.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 16:55   Link #396
Death Usagi
Banned

Highly doubt Yamato will be a newbie. For sure she will be a high-class veteran, maybe even above Nagato. But I still question if the secretary ship will be exchanged from Nagato to Yamato or Nagato will remain as secretary ship while Yamato will still be under her command (despite the fact Yamato outclasses Nagato in several aspects including resource cost... *shivers*)
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 17:34   Link #397
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
The one with her hugging Fubuki? I kinda liked that design more...

Now she looks like a pony-tail Akagi.....but still okay.
The purplish hair colour was strange though. And since I'm a big fan of her design in the game I much prefer the brownish colour.

Images
Old 2015-01-12, 18:01   Link #398
Miraluka
Banned

It's wasn't purplish. The image quality is just bad.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 18:05   Link #399
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Even if you consider the color degradation, the quality drop wouldn't magically change brown to a mixture of wine brown, otherwise Fubuki would have major color alteration on her hair. Also, Yamato stock image on the website is more or less half wine-brown and brown.
She doesn't really have a consistent hair color compared to the other characters when it comes to promotional arts.
Old 2015-01-12, 18:11   Link #400
Miraluka
Banned

If it's a poor scan of course it does.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adaptation, drama, fleet girls, slice of life, tragedy