AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-06-03, 09:34   Link #981
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Enough with these DN comparisons. They are different shows with different characters and Lelouch does not remind me of Light and never did. And Lelouch was said to win in the end and get a satisfactory ending so C.C. won't be killing him.
I hope that happens CC killing Lelouch(like he doesn't have it coming) it would be a great twist. Happy endings just suck for me.
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 09:39   Link #982
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
I hope that happens CC killing Lelouch(like he doesn't have it coming) it would be a great twist. Happy endings just suck for me.
Why does he have it coming?

As Dann pointed out, consider the fact that there are far MORE characters in this show with far less of a moral compass (Like Anya, who questions the idea of a peace treaty when she would prefer annihilating Paris), if you want to kill Lulu for "punishment", then far too many people will die along with him.

Who do you think deserve to live in Code Geass then? Suzaku?
Old 2008-06-03, 09:41   Link #983
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Why does he have it coming?

As Dann pointed out, consider the fact that there are far MORE characters in this show with far less of a moral compass (Like Anya, who questions the idea of a peace treaty when she would prefer annihilating Paris), if you want to kill Lulu for "punishment", then far too many people will die along with him.

Who do you think deserve to live in Code Geass then? Suzaku?
Nope suzaku deserves it as much as anyone but one thing I can admire from him he actually desires death but lelouch took this away from him with geass now he can never have death. He has to live againts his will.
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Old 2008-06-03, 09:42   Link #984
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
(Like Anya, who questions the idea of a peace treaty when she would prefer annihilating Paris)
I think you mean Nina, not Anya.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 09:44   Link #985
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

When did Anya question the idea of a peace treaty? I remember Nina asking Schneizel why he made peace instead of completely defeating them. If anyone deserves to die in this series it's Nina, she was willing to kill all her friends and god knows how many people that are living in the settlement just because of her disturbing obsession with a princess. The only remorse she showed is that her bomb didn't kill all her friends and countless civilians.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 09:44   Link #986
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
It isn't happening. So sorry. Okouchi confirmed it wasn't.

Quote:
Nope suzaku deserves it as much as anyone but one thing I can admire from him he actually desires death but lelouch took this away from him with geass now he can never have death. He has to live againts his will.
Um, what? It's good to want to die? And Suzaku appears greatful if you ask me since those thoughts were bad ones that had him not value his life and what it means to others at all.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 09:50   Link #987
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
And that was exactly what Suzaku deserves. You live with the choices you make in life, and Suzaku just wanted to run away from it all by dying. Even though Lulu did it out of kindness, it is still a fitting punishment for Suzaku.

Suzaku made his bed. Now his has to lie in it.
Old 2008-06-03, 10:25   Link #988
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

Quote:
And that was exactly what Suzaku deserves. You live with the choices you make in life, and Suzaku just wanted to run away from it all by dying. Even though Lulu did it out of kindness, it is still a fitting punishment for Suzaku.

Suzaku made his bed. Now his has to lie in it.
shouldn't it be grave? lol

hmm.. true. however, now there is a significant change in him.. he doesn't feel that sucidal.. could be the geass.. hmm..
Ice_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 10:28   Link #989
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Bullet View Post
hmm.. true. however, now there is a significant change in him.. he doesn't feel that sucidal.. could be the geass.. hmm..
Well, I think he still wishes for death - but he has probably given up on actively pursing it because that he'd find any such attempts being prevented by Lelouch's Geass-command...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 10:32   Link #990
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I say what Lelouch did was a good thing for him, unless that whole thing where he does something terrible happens because something bad always has to happen when Lelouch tries to do something good.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-03, 10:41   Link #991
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
I say what Lelouch did was a good thing for him, unless that whole thing where he does something terrible happens because something bad always has to happen when Lelouch tries to do something good.
Well, of course - him trying to keep Suzaku alive was a "good" thing to do technically, but in the end, it resulted in Suzaku bringing about his first downfall as well...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 10:46   Link #992
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, the Live command didn't do all that much in the finale at all. It just kept his worst enemy alive longer. I don't think Lelouch cared about that fact either.

Old 2008-06-03, 12:34   Link #993
Yorae_paladin1

As for lelouch being like Light well he isn't mostly cause he doesn't have anywhre near the amount of power Light has geass does not compare to the death note thus not much in terms of corrupting influences the damn little note books power corrupted Light very badly too muhc power in the hands of human. Kinda like smallvilles kryotonite infected humans most of them turn evil when they get powers.

Plus Lelouch doesn't want to be a god Light does and what Lelouch does he did for a loved one not so with Light

Old 2008-06-03, 13:37   Link #994
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

It's not so much about power as they have different sets of values and what they call limits. And if Lelouch had the DN, he could kill the Charles right then and there.

I agree that he doesn't have any desire to be a God. You could say Light did what he did for the important people in his life, but his own desires and ego seemed more important all the time.

Old 2008-06-03, 16:32   Link #995
iBeast

Quote:
Enough with these DN comparisons. They are different shows with different characters and Lelouch does not remind me of Light and never did. And Lelouch was said to win in the end and get a satisfactory ending so C.C. won't be killing him.
Did the writer say that Lulu was going to win in the end? Why the f would he reveal that if he did?
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 16:37   Link #996
Kamel

Quote:
And if Lelouch had the DN, he could kill the Charles right then and there.
Intersting point if Light got geass he would not be able to do anything really significant, if Lulu got Death Note he could accomplish his goal easily. He could even do it "from the inside “by simply killing emperor and all his older brothers to become the emperor himself, then he could instigate reforms while any potential opposition would “have a hart attack" in advance.
Kamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 21:40   Link #997
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_hai View Post
Did the writer say that Lulu was going to win in the end? Why the f would he reveal that if he did?
What he said was a number of things like Lelouch would get a satisfactory ending and the whole thing pretty much said he would win in the end. Okouchi did note he could die and they could still do this, but that seemed more of something thrown in there.

I don't know why he said it, but I don't mind that he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamel View Post
Intersting point if Light got geass he would not be able to do anything really significant, if Lulu got Death Note he could accomplish his goal easily. He could even do it "from the inside “by simply killing emperor and all his older brothers to become the emperor himself, then he could instigate reforms while any potential opposition would “have a hart attack" in advance.
Except Lelouch has no interest in becoming Emperor. The whole thing would have been way too simple though.

Old 2008-06-04, 20:05   Link #998
Traece
:cool:

Lelouch has no interest in being Emperor as of yet... But who is to say that in the end of the road when he has his father at his feet in his bloody pool, he wont find himself so corrupted by his powers and desire for 'Justice' that he wont take the throne?
Also, Lelouch and Light don't exactly click as being the most comparable individuals, but they both talk about fighting for 'Justice' and they're both remarkably intelligent and cunning strategists. I wonder who would win in a duel of wits? No powers, of course... Just wits... Or a chess game?
Old 2008-06-04, 20:14   Link #999
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Because comments by the staff indicate he won't be corrupted by power and essentially become his father?

Old 2008-06-04, 20:15   Link #1000
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Lelouch has no interest in being Emperor as of yet... But who is to say that in the end of the road when he has his father at his feet in his bloody pool, he wont find himself so corrupted by his powers and desire for 'Justice' that he wont take the throne?
Also, Lelouch and Light don't exactly click as being the most comparable individuals, but they both talk about fighting for 'Justice' and they're both remarkably intelligent and cunning strategists. I wonder who would win in a duel of wits? No powers, of course... Just wits... Or a chess game?
Hopefully Lelouch does not become corrupted theh second he forgets his true reason for fighting this war a better places for his loved ones he really will become akin to Light. But it doesn't seem like that will happen like i said earlier he does not possess an uber corrupting power like the death note.