AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Old 2010-01-17, 05:22   Link #381
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Still say she should've been moreeeee flat.
A flat Yasuda Suzuhito design at that age? No way.
Old 2010-01-17, 05:24   Link #382
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& where did this awesome rumor start?

Celty has been a woman from the start.
Woot??!!!
Is that a spoiler??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 05:25   Link #383
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Is that a spoiler??
Not at all. It's easy to tell she's a woman from her figure. Even more so from all the still shots of her in the second episode.
Old 2010-01-17, 05:34   Link #384
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Oh...
I always think Certy is a guy...
Auch, gotta change my mindset...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 05:42   Link #385
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

This is late, ah well. I'm very happy that a lot have positive thoughts on this episode xD Interestingly, this made people have thoughts about suicide and other issues in Japan. Ooooo~
Izaya's so amazing, I couldn't stop talking about him. Haha! I hope he's getting more fans now . . . . he's just sooooooooo evil yet awesome xD Kyaaa~
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 10:31   Link #386
June 1983

I am amused as hell that Celty/Certy's surname is "Sturluson". But ... that's not Irish ... it's straight up Scandinavian! Still, it's the name of a pretty important Scandinavian ... I think Snorri would approve.
June 1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 10:44   Link #387
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Is this has any relation with Bacanno? I just start watching up to episode 2 and like it alot. The pacing and characters are great. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 11:16   Link #388
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca View Post
Is this has any relation with Bacanno? I just start watching up to episode 2 and like it alot. The pacing and characters are great. ^^
The only relation you're supposed to know at the beginning is that both titles are by the same author, along with the adaptations being done by the same studio and director. Not sure if there's a relation in the story, because it's impossible to say at the moment.
Old 2010-01-17, 11:47   Link #389
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:

Celty has been a woman from the start.
Good! I thought I was going crazy while looking at her. I kept thinking, the form looks female
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 11:52   Link #390
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
The only relation you're supposed to know at the beginning is that both titles are by the same author, along with the adaptations being done by the same studio and director. Not sure if there's a relation in the story, because it's impossible to say at the moment.
I remember something from wandering-dreamer about the relationship between the two shows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Just found out about this and since I liked Baccano quite a bit I'll be sure to watch this.
Random note: In the first Baccano light novel the story is being told to a Japanese tourist in NYC, I have been told that he is the neighbor to one of the characters in this story as well.
If this was true it would be interesting.
Old 2010-01-17, 11:58   Link #391
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Is it normal for a person to want episode 3 just come out fast? It's just sooo painful knowing my very duo interaction is just going to appear soon and it makes me bite my poor iPod (since my computer is left at home while I'm attending events 8() knowing that I just happen to go somewhere during the airing TT_TT

Yes, their seiyuus definitely doesn't help. ;-; I'm pretty sure this is the very first time they went for "totally hate each other to the end and guts" relationship. Which by the way is just so LOL considering they are pretty good buddies IRL lmao and other facts. And yes, I happily am obliged to succumb to fangirling by the time they appear at the same frame.

Alas, I'm pretty happy that Izaya finally get a nickname from the fans as うざや. *nods* And yes, I agree with that nickname

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 12:03   Link #392
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
If this was true it would be interesting.
Yeah i remember hearing that, though wasn't sure if it was true so i didn't mention anything.
Old 2010-01-17, 15:11   Link #393
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Pretty sure he's joking. But if you're joking too then you got me good sir .
Yeah, I was joking too.

I probably should have added a smilie, lol.
Old 2010-01-17, 16:03   Link #394
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Yeah i remember hearing that, though wasn't sure if it was true so i didn't mention anything.
Let's see, I was pretty sure I had seen this on either the Baccano or DRR LJ coms but I just skimmed through them and didn't see where I got this from. Huh. So I guess all we can do now is wonder and ask any novel readers if Mikado (or any of the main characters) has a photographer for a neighbor. Sorry about that, I swear I read it somewhere else first.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 16:04   Link #395
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Let's see, I was pretty sure I had seen this on either the Baccano or DRR LJ coms but I just skimmed through them and didn't see where I got this from. Huh. So I guess all we can do now is wonder and ask any novel readers if Mikado (or any of the main characters) has a photographer for a neighbor. Sorry about that, I swear I read it somewhere else first.
Mikado does. The photographer's almost never home XD.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 18:43   Link #396
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Episode 2:

While others thought the issue of suicide was handled maturely, I found the overuse of narration (even if it is done by Sawashiro Miyuki whom I adore) really grating and, not to mention, redundant as heck. Going by the budget this series has been getting, focusing more on Celty's body language and atmosphere would have been enough to get the point across. In other words, more show, less tell.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 19:55   Link #397
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Not at all. It's easy to tell she's a woman from her figure. Even more so from all the still shots of her in the second episode.
And the head is featured in the OP.
Old 2010-01-17, 21:08   Link #398
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Ep 2 was great. Although I was really annoyed by the re-use of animation, it really home when Celty saved the kid.

Also, DEM TITS and DOSE LEGS.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 00:25   Link #399
Vicious108

Finally watched episode 2 and it was definitely an improvement over the first one. I was skeptical at first since I didn't find that particular girl or her story very interesting, but once Izaya took charge of things everything became a lot more entertaining. Think I'll jump on his apparent bandwagon, since he's definitely my favorite character so far. In no small part thanks to Hiroshi Kamiya's awesome performance.

Also, I'm glad that they found a way for Celty to actually have a personality. And from her line at the end, it seems to be a good one too.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 06:49   Link #400
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Some Izaya icons from episode 2:
Spoiler for hee hee hee:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Is it normal for a person to want episode 3 just come out fast? It's just sooo painful knowing my very duo interaction is just going to appear soon and it makes me bite my poor iPod (since my computer is left at home while I'm attending events 8() knowing that I just happen to go somewhere during the airing TT_TT
I believe it's normal, especially with the things that may happen in that episode. I want the Izaya and Shizuo insanity NOW! And Kida already had me laughing form just his gestures/actions in the preview xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Alas, I'm pretty happy that Izaya finally get a nickname from the fans as うざや. *nods* And yes, I agree with that nickname
Uzaya? It sounds cute but I don't get where the nickname came from . . . and what the joke exactly is x_x
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, light novel adaptation, shounen