AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2011-05-11, 00:46   Link #4041
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Ah crap, the fandom is regressing into a civil war.

I'm placing myself in the "Belgium" camp thanks.~
You do know Belgium doesn't stay neutral cause it is always run over to get the other side.

A better interpretation this fandom is Belgium as they could not agree due differing views.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 00:50   Link #4042
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
The problem is that all three remaining girls have shown actual anger at Keima after the Kanon incident, not just interest in him. That suggests that all three have memories of their conquests, but only two can have goddesses.

Yeah, both Ayumi and Chihiro once reacted to 'meeting' and 'kissing' in the past, so... dunno what' s going on there
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 01:09   Link #4043
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
You do know Belgium doesn't stay neutral cause it is always run over to get the other side.

A better interpretation this fandom is Belgium as they could not agree due differing views.
I said I'm putting myself in the Belgium camp because they WERE neutral and desired not to be involved in the mess over the holocaust. It was Germany's invasion of Belgium that prompted England into action and thus WW2 broke out.

And I was likening this Pro-trap Keima vs Anti-trap Keima argument to the American Civil War actually, since it was an internal conflict in the country and everyone's threatening to kill the the other side with firearms.
Old 2011-05-11, 01:22   Link #4044
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
(Everyone who is pro KeimaTrap, FujoshiShiori and ManlyYui brings out their heavy weapons and point them at SaintessHeart)

Care to try us boy?
-Appears to assist SaintessHeart against the Pro-KeimaTrap camp-

I'll be your Huckleberry... And if Melee isn't your thing, I've got my own arsenal of firearms at my disposal...

justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 04:40   Link #4045
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I hope this arc ends soon....

A cross-dresser is one thing, but the fact that it's to trick Yui really trouble me. Does he plan to cross dressing once in a while after this to increase Yui's love point?

Shiori's shocked face is hilarious

PS: rearead chapter 117, and i kinda want to cheer on Chihiro again. She also is the only one (beside Haqua and Tenri) to fall in love to the real Keima, right?
Damn this manga has too many of my favourite heroines.... And Keima should play less game to buy that guitar for Chihiro, i bet she will turn to super dere if Keima spoil her a bit.

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2011-05-11 at 05:06.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 16:30   Link #4046
mikhail21

There's a possibility that Ayumi doesn't have a goddess. I've noticed that she likes Keima at the very beginning of the manga. If so, then she should already have a goddess by that time, unless she hasn't revealed it yet (like Tenri).
mikhail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 16:49   Link #4047
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I knew Yui being a goddess would be a disaster, regardless Shiori being one or not.

Not only is Shiori being exposed to questionable material, people are cheering her on! What is wrong with everyone?!?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 16:57   Link #4048
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I knew Yui being a goddess would be a disaster, regardless Shiori being one or not.

Not only is Shiori being exposed to questionable material, people are cheering her on! What is wrong with everyone?!?
Personally for me the only thing I was against was having more than one goddess being revealed during the whole goddess arc. I was okay with Yui having one as long as she was the only one. Since Tsukiyo had one (which made sense too since her omake actually referenced it) I did not want Yui to have one after that. Now I've just given up....I just want my new characters now.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 16:59   Link #4049
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Personally for me the only thing I was against was having more than one goddess being revealed during the whole goddess arc. I was okay with Yui having one as long as she was the only one. Since Tsukiyo had one (which made sense too since her omake actually referenced it) I did not want Yui to have one after that. Now I've just given up....I just want my new characters now.
If there are too many real characters this manga would just go to hell. Seriously speaking, the cast of girls is REALLY large. Enough is enough (along with letting Shiori see and read those stuff! Stop it before she gets hooked!).

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-05-11, 17:29   Link #4050
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Just noticed that for myself the question has drifted away from "Who has the goddesses?" to "Who does NOT have a goddess?"

It is entirely possible that Ayumi, Chihiro and (alas!) Shiori may actually have been falling for Keima in a "natural" way with the residual aftereffects of their being conquered as an impetus.

Right now we as the readers are entirely proceeding down a train of thought laid out by Keima (and the mangaka, of course) in uncovering the goddesses which showed itself to be effective in the case with Tskuiyo and possibly Yui. But that does not mean that the other goddesses necessarily have to be uncovered by the same train of thought.

The manner in which the goddess in Yui was shown to suddenly "wake up" really made me start to wonder about things.... For all we know the other two goddesses could either be in a girl that has not even showed up in the manga to this point or one/they could even be in the girls that were conquered by Keima and were outside his immediate range of inquiry because of distance. Like the ramen girl, for example. Who knows?

But then again, I'm terrible at figuring out what the mangaka has in store for me....
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 18:47   Link #4051
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Just noticed that for myself the question has drifted away from "Who has the goddesses?" to "Who does NOT have a goddess?"

It is entirely possible that Ayumi, Chihiro and (alas!) Shiori may actually have been falling for Keima in a "natural" way with the residual aftereffects of their being conquered as an impetus.

I thinking that too since Ayumi and Chihiro are in the same class as him so they might have fallen for him after the memory-wipe. The fact that Yui got friendly with them when she was in his body helped too.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 18:54   Link #4052
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I thinking that too since Ayumi and Chihiro are in the same class as him so they might have fallen for him after the memory-wipe. The fact that Yui got friendly with them when she was in his body helped too.
Yes ... the problem that throws the wrench in the works a bit (and by works I mean the method Keima came up with to unearth the goddesses) was with the way the author presents Yui's process before the goddess awoke in her. She did not have conscious, perhaps even rational memory of the capture (unlike, say, Kanon, in whom Apollo had been awake for a while and "helped" her to remember by the fact that she was awake). While she did have a disposition of soul inclining her to Keima - but it could be argued that, say, Aoyama Mio also had a non-rational inclination towards Keima after her capture. And Mio is one he has ruled out to not contain a goddess.

But when you throw the element of natural attraction of the girls conquered by Keima at work without some unawoken goddess in them it gets even more difficult....

So things are a little muddled at the moment for me.

Hrumph....
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 00:09   Link #4053
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Spoiler for questionable image:

Old 2011-05-12, 00:15   Link #4054
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Well she DOES go to the same school. It'd only be natural for her to be somewhere on the school grounds during school hours, plus I doubt she knew that was really Keima then since it was before his reveal at the end of the chapter.
Old 2011-05-12, 01:18   Link #4055
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
NO! SHIORI IS NOT A FUJOSHI! SHE WILL NEVER BE INTO YAOI! SHE DIDN'T EXPERIENCE ANY NEW HORIZONS IN THE FACULTY OF LOVE! STOP TRYING TO TAINT HER PURE AND INNOCENT MIND!
LOL

Can I have her now since she is obviously corrupted?
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 01:31   Link #4056
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

I personally don't remember seeing Shiori have close to any interactions with Keima prior to being singled out as a goddess host so I think its unlikely for her to have developed feelings naturally. The omake of her writing a novel on her own capture points that she might be a goddess host.

I'm suddenly considering Shiori to be the red-herring. Because there has been some build up but it may not be true.

At any rate the 3 girls being suspected as goddess host all have equal chance at this point.
Old 2011-05-12, 01:43   Link #4057
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Isn't Shiori all but confirmed since her memory of her capture was so detailed - she even remembered the lines Keima used, IIRC.

Assuming she does have a goddess, she should be pretty chummy with her by now, just like Kanon and Tsukiyo...heehee
Old 2011-05-12, 01:52   Link #4058
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
LOL

Can I have her now since she is obviously corrupted?
NO! She is not corrupted yet. Stop making self-fulfilling prophecies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Well she DOES go to the same school. It'd only be natural for her to be somewhere on the school grounds during school hours, plus I doubt she knew that was really Keima then since it was before his reveal at the end of the chapter.
But of all the places, why THAT place specifically when Mai High is so big? And isn't she always in the library reading books?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Isn't Shiori all but confirmed since her memory of her capture was so detailed - she even remembered the lines Keima used, IIRC.

Assuming she does have a goddess, she should be pretty chummy with her by now, just like Kanon and Tsukiyo...heehee
If she does, it might be that she is hiding the goddess since the goddess might be Minerva, the goddess of wisdom, who is probably the only goddess who remembered everything, and know she would be targeted. And probably it is the goddess taking control of her body in here :

Quote:
Spoiler for questionable image:
Shiori is my favourite candidate to be a goddess. I prefer Ayumi as normal as she is though, but I am fine with a goddess in her too. Though my favourite goddess is still Mahou Shoujo Tenri/Diana (where tsun and dere are totally two different characters, also interestingly, romanising the separate parts results in the same first letter of the name of the goddess and the vessel, although reversed.).

Not including this! Definitely not! Minerva's not sharing that kind of knowledge with Shiori!

Old 2011-05-12, 02:18   Link #4059
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^I like the idea of Shiori's goddess snooping around on her own. At least they won't seem so helpless without Keima. Also makes sense since Keima would be the only lead she can investigate.

@pic- Shiori's goddess used to carve BL statues confirmed
Old 2011-05-12, 02:27   Link #4060
katsudon
Part Time Translator

here are my guesses for the remaining godesses and why

yui is mars - being tomboy and fight to protect katsuragi
shiroi is minerva - god of wisdom, poetry
ayumi is mercury - god of speed.
chihiro is left holding the bag......

too logical? maybe....
katsudon is offline   Reply With Quote