AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-14, 10:58   Link #201
Dark Wing

I believed that Yuji seemed more shocked then anything that there where more people out there that not only knew about duse but are able to speak with him.

As for how duse selects people? Maybe these are people how have a strong will or desire change their lives of destinies. Come on if someone was offering you a chance to give up your crappy life for Godhood you wouldn't that it?
Old 2011-10-14, 12:42   Link #202
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
No offense pal, but I'd recommend lowering your standards of logic. Otherwise well, you might as well stop watching tv altogether.
I think that's definitely a good recommendation for this show. I don't really agree however that this applies to anything that goes on TV. Well it does for most of that probably.

Anyway the point is that you'd better not expect Mirai Nikki to be overly realistic and absolutely logical. It will only get worse. It's a shounen manga not a seinen.

Enjoy your Yuno.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 12:58   Link #203
hyperborealis
Lost at Sea

It's interesting that the game (for Yuki) starts with Yuki's choice. Deus asks him if he is lonely, and then if he would "change [himself] if [he] could." When Yuki doesn't respond, Deus takes his silence as an assent, and says, "Very well. / I'll give you the future." From that point Yuki's phone tells the future and Yuki is enrolled in the game.

The game is not something that happens to Yuki, but is in some sense something he chooses, even something he invents, as an antidote to his initial loneliness and boredom. In its origin, the narrative is Yuki's wish-fulfillment.

This is why Yuno is so disquieting: she is a wish-fulfillment brought to life, but seen as such. If the hottest girl in school is suddenly in love with you, completely out of the blue, then you know have left Kansas far behind, and are now in completely uncharted space. The anime's brilliant twist is to show that the encounter with one's own desires made flesh is a profoundly alienating and terrifying experience.

In a world defined by wish, what counts as real? The wishes themselves, certainly. The obstacles to their realization, by extension. What else?
hyperborealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 13:34   Link #204
EroKing

If you guys are already enjoying the anime and/or the manga I would highly recommend Doubt manga and it's ongoing sequel Judge manga.
Not as epic as Mirai Nikki but a pretty good read for someone who enjoys gore.
Old 2011-10-14, 14:24   Link #205
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I think that's definitely a good recommendation for this show. I don't really agree however that this applies to anything that goes on TV. Well it does for most of that probably.

Anyway the point is that you'd better not expect Mirai Nikki to be overly realistic and absolutely logical. It will only get worse. It's a shounen manga not a seinen.

Enjoy your Yuno.
And I still don't like the director attached to this project. He's alright director but not too great. I hope this anime is a faithful adaptation as I'm already not so content with the choice of the cast.

And yeah this is at least miles better than 90% of TV shows there are nowadays.
Old 2011-10-15, 07:49   Link #206
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

This was actually so much better than most of the fall premieres, that it went from the bottom of my list to second place. [I'll never tell you what's in first, it's embarrassing.]
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 08:00   Link #207
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Ravenblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 08:02   Link #208
Shadow6543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
since answering your question could be considered a spoiler in itself (yes or no) I am going to PM you instead. I shall not tempt the wrath of mod
awesome sig lol
Old 2011-10-15, 13:24   Link #209
Kafriel
Senior Guest

First episode was good, but in all honesty, Yukki scares me more than Yuno. If the hottest girl in school fell in love with me and I could read the future, I wouldn't be scared/on the verge of a breakdown, and why the hell is he crying at the end?
That being said, I've read the manga...THAT's how out-of-place the MC seems to me :P

P.S: Deus' looks are inversely proportional to his voice, such a shame...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 13:36   Link #210
TakezoMusashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
First episode was good, but in all honesty, Yukki scares me more than Yuno. If the hottest girl in school fell in love with me and I could read the future, I wouldn't be scared/on the verge of a breakdown, and why the hell is he crying at the end?
That being said, I've read the manga...THAT's how out-of-place the MC seems to me :P

You didn't notice that Yuno is a crazy stalker.
Stalkers don't scare you?
And now he has to potentially rely on this crazy stalker girl to survive a game where everyone else is going to try to kill him.
TakezoMusashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 13:49   Link #211
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post

Lewl bro, if the hottest girl in school all of a sudden followed me to a freaking elevator while I was running away from her after I was informed that I would be killed in the next moment, I would be pretty damn scared too. And if the said girl instead kisses me and proceeds to inform me in great detail how she has been keeping a log of all my activities every freaking ten minutes, I would be on the verge of a breakdown too. It wouldn't at all help if the girl asks me out to eat dinner after watching a guy fucking die for heaven's sake - and all that with a smile and a nonchalant "That's all? How boring" for a remark on the guy's death. Scary shit is scary.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 13:57   Link #212
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Iunno, excitement would take over fear, but I see your point After all, she did help him kill third~
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 22:00   Link #213
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

I must have missed the announcement, but which studio licensed this?
Old 2011-10-15, 22:13   Link #214
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
I must have missed the announcement, but which studio licensed this?
Funimation licensed it. Well, Funico.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 23:11   Link #215
KoiYuki

Considering how much I loved the manga, I'm excited for the rest of the anime. I'm also shocked about... that intro, it threw me off they'd show something like that already. Though I guess it helps.

At first I thought the ED was lazy, but then I realized that it was actually pretty clever.

The voice acting seems fine to me. The only thing that really bugged me at all about this episode was that Yuno just seemed.. horny. Not so "innocently" insane like the manga. Though I also remember thinking that, before Yuno started trying to talk to him, "if I hadn't read the manga, I'd probably be a little bored or confused", but the possible boredom subsided by that second half.

I'm having fun seeing what new watchers think.
KoiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 23:18   Link #216
jzmagic
flargansbog

I'm not a fan of Yukiteru being voiced by a female VA, I could tell right off the bat. Oh wells, looks like I'll have to get used to it.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 02:38   Link #217
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

I rewatched the episode again, this time watching the small clip after the credits about the Third. I couldn't stop laughing.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 07:40   Link #218
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
I'm glad to see Minene's badass grin is as charming as in the manga. Can't wait to see more of it.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 10:10   Link #219
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Spoiler for ep 2:

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 10:37   Link #220
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I'm glad to see Minene's badass grin is as charming as in the manga. Can't wait to see more of it.

Oh my goodness. I thought it was Kosaka!
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere