Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-07-02, 04:16   Link #1001
Xiyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
Well, that was kinda foreshadowed.
Has Raki done anything particularly note-worthy? My memory's fuzzy, but he did kill a demon at one point, right? Has he taken on a Claymore? An awakened being?
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 04:20   Link #1002
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
Has Raki done anything particularly note-worthy? My memory's fuzzy, but he did kill a demon at one point, right? Has he taken on a Claymore? An awakened being?
He kills a yoma in a one on one fight; which more than we can say about any other human in this manga, he is also the one responsible for releasing Claire from being trapped in the destroyer (though as a side effect also releases Priscilla)
Old 2013-07-02, 05:08   Link #1003
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
Well, he fought the new twins to a standstill for a short while. He also took on a countless organizations men and they didn't even scratch him.
Old 2013-07-02, 06:08   Link #1004
evil_kenshin

he also seems to have some sort of regeneration ability (no lingering damage from having the rods torn from his lungs; when the destroyer "probed" him by slicing into him)
Old 2013-07-02, 06:31   Link #1005
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I don't think the destroyer's attack even pierced that deeply, so I highly doubt it is some sort of regeneration, he just got a flesh wound.

So far, he is about the most skilled non-enhanced fighter in the series. I have no doubt he will have a big impact on the results of the final fight, concerning he knows both Clare and Priscilla personally.
Old 2013-07-02, 09:34   Link #1006
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
I don't think the destroyer's attack even pierced that deeply, so I highly doubt it is some sort of regeneration, he just got a flesh wound.

So far, he is about the most skilled non-enhanced fighter in the series. I have no doubt he will have a big impact on the results of the final fight, concerning he knows both Clare and Priscilla personally.
Maybe he will become a mediator and make them overcome their hatred for each other, considering both Clare and Priscilla think of him as someone special.
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 14:05   Link #1007
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I doubt that in Clare's case, Priscilla is simply an existence she can't stand. Even if Raki is important to both of them, I highly doubt Clare would stop her warpath against Priscilla just because of him.

If anything, I expect Priscilla to be the one to hesitate when he interferes, giving Clare her chance to actually kill her.
Old 2013-07-02, 19:58   Link #1008
shalala

I do hope its not going to go down like the anime route.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 04:00   Link #1009
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
I do hope its not going to go down like the anime route.
It was sorta foreshadowed by Chrono's (the whole if you wait to the right moment you'll become a stronger blade than anyone)
Old 2013-07-03, 08:15   Link #1010
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Meaning that Raki might be the one to end Priscilla instead of Clare for the sheer fact that she won't see it coming from him. It's easy to tell that Priscilla has some feels for Raki - nothing romantic from what we can tell, but they are there.
Old 2013-07-03, 08:35   Link #1011
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
It was sorta foreshadowed by Chrono's (the whole if you wait to the right moment you'll become a stronger blade than anyone)
Which is vague as hell, and I fail to see how. He's not strong enough to physically attack her. He's not going to appeal to her with a speech. Both instances she'll just consider him a nuisance and eat his guts. We already got the pity moment from her to Raki, when she shoved her arm in his back, left it there, and walked off toward more interesting things. She flat out admitted she never cared about him, it was always about his scent, which turned out to be Clare.

Now maybe that's a lie, they were together for seven years after all, but if Yagi is seriously going to pull the "Priscilla has some humanity left to reach" card I'll be thoroughly disgusted. No, she's a monster (and I don't mean because of her body), and while I can pity her origins, I can't pity what she has become.
Old 2013-07-03, 09:28   Link #1012
Fwarlord

If Raki will ever become the one who take Priscilla's life and he can do that just because Priscilla have some romantic feeling towards him, it would be so sad. Killing a girl who have feeling for you just because another girl who like you holds a grudge against her is the worst thing a man can do.

Last edited by Fwarlord; 2013-07-03 at 11:24.
Old 2013-07-03, 10:49   Link #1013
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
If Raiki will ever become the one who take Priscilla's life and he can do that just because Priscilla have some romantic feeling towards him, it would be so sad. Killing a girl who have feeling for you just because another girl who like you holds a grudge against her is the worst thing a man can do.
I don't think Priscilla has any romantic feelings towards him.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 11:30   Link #1014
Fwarlord

Quote:
It's just a theory, suppose Priscilla like Raki and he causes her death. That would be very disturbing. But giving that Priscilla's god-like power was born out of her immense love and hatred, I do believe she have a special feeling towards Raki.
Old 2013-07-03, 13:19   Link #1015
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Which is vague as hell, and I fail to see how. He's not strong enough to physically attack her. He's not going to appeal to her with a speech. Both instances she'll just consider him a nuisance and eat his guts. We already got the pity moment from her to Raki, when she shoved her arm in his back, left it there, and walked off toward more interesting things. She flat out admitted she never cared about him, it was always about his scent, which turned out to be Clare.

Now maybe that's a lie, they were together for seven years after all, but if Yagi is seriously going to pull the "Priscilla has some humanity left to reach" card I'll be thoroughly disgusted. No, she's a monster (and I don't mean because of her body), and while I can pity her origins, I can't pity what she has become.
I think her claiming she doesn't care followed by her IMMEDIATELY helping him stinks of an outright lie. (Tsundere alert)
She did spend 7 years with the guy after all, and practically starved herself in the process.

Heck, I would hazard a guess that part of the reason she went on a rampage in the destroyer's direction is because he got injured.

I think it was already made abundantly clear that there is no turning back for Priscilla. She obviously has some humanity left in her, but she is clearly a monster, just like every other Awakened Being in the story.

Which is why I think Raki being a "blade" against a Priscilla will become relevant, because he is linked to her humanity. His interference may cause her to hesitate, or at least drop her guard long enough for Clare to turn things around. Raki surviving all that may be questionable though.
Old 2013-07-03, 18:51   Link #1016
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
She has some sort of feelings otherwise she would have left him to his fate when the destroyers rods pierced him yet she saved him. Regardless of what Priscilla says why she did it she is lying or just doesn't want to admit it or is flat out confused
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 04:22   Link #1017
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
If Raki will ever become the one who take Priscilla's life and he can do that just because Priscilla have some romantic feeling towards him, it would be so sad. Killing a girl who have feeling for you just because another girl who like you holds a grudge against her is the worst thing a man can do.
the difference though is one needs to eat guts vs one that doesn't; and considering extra chapter 3, Priscilla eats 4 villages full of people per week; so letting her live now that she is eating again would be quiet a disaster. While it would be a disaster for Raki personally, its a decision he will have to face if it comes to it.
Old 2013-07-04, 06:15   Link #1018
ReddyRedWolf

There has to be some measure of humanity left in Priscilla else she would not spare Clare and every other little girl she could've eaten.

She held off 7 years of not eating just to keep Raki by her side.

With her transformation to a Claymore will Priscilla die a monster or will she die a human?

On another note Priscilla is one of the few among Claymores that knew that Yoma were human all along. Teressa implied she knew of the protection racket. Miria discovered it through her investigation but kept mum as to keep morale of the others.

Clare though of it at first the Yoma that attacked her was her brother and he did not eat her but did something to her a Yoma wouldn't naturally do. But she eventually believed the Organization party line about the Yoma.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 09:45   Link #1019
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
With her transformation to a Claymore will Priscilla die a monster or will she die a human?
She's not human. She's just took human form.
Old 2013-07-04, 09:46   Link #1020
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
the difference though is one needs to eat guts vs one that doesn't; and considering extra chapter 3, Priscilla eats 4 villages full of people per week; so letting her live now that she is eating again would be quiet a disaster. While it would be a disaster for Raki personally, its a decision he will have to face if it comes to it.
It's not like she can't held back her hunger. We didn't see her eating anyone recently. And it's not uncommon for a main character to have a female friend who eat human. In Nisio Isin's Monogatari series, Kissshot Heartunderblade also have the habit of eating human yet the protagonist Araragi still choose to keep her at his side.