AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-02, 19:51   Link #1
-HyugaNeji-

Serious Anime with HAPPY ENDING!!!

Hi guys. Well, i get the impression, that most anime i watch have always kind of very confusing, definately NOT satisfying endings, for my taste. Dunno how to explain it, but when i watch a series like Rahxephon which was kind of cool in the beginning, it sucks that they have to end it in a way, that i just dont know what happend.

well there are a lot more examples.

I want anime which have a logical, easy understandable storyline, with likeable characters and NOT too many emo's (though i prefer EMO free animes). Design shouldn't be too childish. Mature designs are prefered.

Gerne is not so important. Comedy, Action, Sci Fi, Warmovie whatever.

Please post many anime plx.

Thank you
Old 2007-03-03, 01:12   Link #2
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by -HyugaNeji- View Post
Hi guys. Well, i get the impression, that most anime i watch have always kind of very confusing, definately NOT satisfying endings, for my taste. Dunno how to explain it, but when i watch a series like Rahxephon which was kind of cool in the beginning, it sucks that they have to end it in a way, that i just dont know what happend.

well there are a lot more examples.

I want anime which have a logical, easy understandable storyline, with likeable characters and NOT too many emo's (though i prefer EMO free animes). Design shouldn't be too childish. Mature designs are prefered.

Gerne is not so important. Comedy, Action, Sci Fi, Warmovie whatever.

Please post many anime plx.

Thank you
Serious animes with a coherent 'feel good' ending
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-03, 03:22   Link #3
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Perhaps something like
Scrapped Princess
The Third
Mai-HiME
Old 2007-03-03, 05:53   Link #4
Navel

It's main genre is comedy, but it's more serious than that and has a nice ending: Ouran Host Club.

Most (serious) anime deal with thought provoking questions, often judging facts that are generally perceived as socially unacceptable but a deeper look reveals there is so much more behind. Sometimes what is good for a group of people hurts one of its individuals, sometimes helping someone means hurting another. And often in anime an ending is forced in which although it's possible to make a choice that would satisfy all the parties involved, another option is chosen: maximizing the benefit for only some and hurting others. That's what happens in real life too, unfortunatelly. And sometimes that's the only option available in both real life and anime (like, you have a one man life-boat so you can save only one person and you find yourself having to chose who lives and who doesn't). That's what makes the anime "serious". It's harsh as human society really is or as the situations life throws at us can be.

It's a fact however there's also lots of crappy anime that pretends to be serious.
Old 2007-03-03, 18:09   Link #5
VegaCrescent
]CLOCK UP[

Eureka Seven

The story's pretty serious the whole way through, the plot's not too confusing overall, though the series does kinda "go Eva"ish at a point or two. It has a clear, essentially happy-for-everyone ending.
Old 2007-03-03, 22:12   Link #6
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Last Exile

Serious anime w/ a nice story and of course nice and happy ending
Old 2007-03-04, 22:17   Link #7
Wyrdwad

I second Planetes. That show had a FANTASTIC ending, that left me crying tears of joy... SUCH a great anime!

Others that are less serious, but definitely have serious elements to them, are The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Welcome to the NHK, and both have really great endings (NHK's is a little disturbing, but still overall quite satisfying).

And it's short, but I''s Pure is a fantastic romantic show, overall more serious in tone than any of Masakazu Katsura's other anime works, and it has a really wonderful ending.

-Tom
Old 2007-03-04, 22:49   Link #8
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I will make another suggestion.

Hikaru no Go, a nice anime, with a very good storyline, not childish, and has a good ending (although it takes place after a deep emotional breakdown). Although some couldn't get over that breakdown, even though it doesn't represent the end of the story.
Old 2007-03-06, 01:50   Link #9
Duckinator

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. It depicts the life of 3 friends, and their struggles between friendship, responsibility and love. Happy ending depends on whether you're a Haruka fan or a Misuki fan. Don't be fooled by Episode 1, the real plot starts between Episode 2 and 3 =)
Old 2007-03-07, 09:30   Link #10
DwArD
mAnIaC

I personally don't think Last Exile has a happy ending though but the ending is pretty touching and satisfactory. Let's see....Scrapped Princess is pretty serious and the ending pretty much fits your description. If you're looking for newer animes, try Soukou no Strain and Fate/Stay Night. For older ones, try Soukyuu no Fafner and Noein. I'm sure I had watched others that fits your description but I just can't remember them. Anyway, you can try surfing around for some decent ones.
Old 2007-03-09, 18:19   Link #11
LunarSun

maybe gunparade march
Closed Thread