AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-11-04, 02:34   Link #2321
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Here's to hoping Mor (or even Kougyoku, or anyone) rescues poor Alibaba from bachelorhood before that ape starts looking good.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 02:58   Link #2322
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Here's to hoping Mor (or even Kougyoku, or anyone) rescues poor Alibaba from bachelorhood before that ape starts looking good.
Looking good? That gave me some ideas, if a human's appearance could be changed into something beast-like through assimilating, could an ape be transformed to a girl that way?
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 03:00   Link #2323
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Maybe, but the way things are going, all you'd get is either a bird-ape, or a bearded-old-man-ape.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 03:54   Link #2324
CBredbeard
Banned

It's good to see that Alibaba realizes that Balbhaad might not even need him anymore. He resolved to return there after his debut gladiator fight, but that seemed like a selfish thing to me. It almost seemed like he needed Balbhaad to need him. More than his sense of responsibility, more than a feeling that he needed closure on the matter, it felt like he wanted to affirm his self-importance for his own sake.

Now I'm kind of worried though. Clearly Alibaba is anticipating things to be good there, or at least better than they were, so for the sake of drama, maybe they won't be so great? Maybe Alibaba will be compelled to endanger the summit because he'll be at odds with Kouen?

The way Toto spoke of how Alibaba freed other gladiators reminded me how Kouha gained his followers. Pretty much his entire entourage were made up of trash that no one wanted to have anything to do with. Kouha gathered his followers because they were outcasts not unlike himself.

Alibaba's followers have two patterns; slaves that's he's freed or people like Cassim that think they're worthless. Toto is the obvious exception, but it kind of makes me wonder if that's going to end up being his reason for being. He'll end slavery and strive to instill self-worth into people.

...And so, shipping! Again, Kougyokou, as wonderful as she is should not be shipped with Alibaba. He is her precious friend. Her first and only friend. Don't take that away from her!

He should go with Morigana. I hope they will continue to have alone time together like we saw in this chapter. He actually confided in her which is not really something we've seen him do before. I mean, she was present when he spilled his guts in Balbhaad, but he was mostly speaking to Aladdin. She was just sitting there.

Here though, it was him telling her what he thought and how he felt just the two of them. And she didn't just listen, she engaged him in a conversation! When was the last time she spoke with him about anything? Has she ever done that before? They'd had exchanges before, but prolonged privacy between the two of them when there wasn't some kind of battle going on?

I hope by the end of this arc, he will have a girlfriend. He'll probably be the only only shonen protagonist in the last decade to officially have a girlfriend before the end of the manga.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 04:22   Link #2325
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

That was way too soon, Toto!!!

Okay so she definitely sees Alibaba as a brother... Still - hooking up with Olga like that - not cool bro, not cool. ...but if he hasn't gotten with Morgiana on his own by now, then he kinda deserves it in a way... Maybe this will be the push in her direction. I hope he doesn't wait until all his 'options' are exhausted.
Old 2013-11-04, 08:18   Link #2326
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
...And so, shipping! Again, Kougyokou, as wonderful as she is should not be shipped with Alibaba. He is her precious friend. Her first and only friend. Don't take that away from her
Being wife > being best friend.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 08:33   Link #2327
Breimoon

till Alibaba gets Netotared by Sinbad too xD
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 08:38   Link #2328
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Not if what you want is a friend, and getting a real friend seemed to be a pretty big deal for Kougyouku.
Old 2013-11-04, 08:49   Link #2329
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Not if friendship is important to you. Getting a friend is a pretty big thing for Kougyoku, Ohtaka has made tegaki side stories centered around her mostly featuring her desire to have a real friend. She can get married any time, and most likely will be for the sake of her country so that really wasn't shown as big worry for her.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 11:03   Link #2330
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
It's good to see that Alibaba realizes that Balbhaad might not even need him anymore. He resolved to return there after his debut gladiator fight, but that seemed like a selfish thing to me. It almost seemed like he needed Balbhaad to need him. More than his sense of responsibility, more than a feeling that he needed closure on the matter, it felt like he wanted to affirm his self-importance for his own sake.

Now I'm kind of worried though. Clearly Alibaba is anticipating things to be good there, or at least better than they were, so for the sake of drama, maybe they won't be so great? Maybe Alibaba will be compelled to endanger the summit because he'll be at odds with Kouen?

The way Toto spoke of how Alibaba freed other gladiators reminded me how Kouha gained his followers. Pretty much his entire entourage were made up of trash that no one wanted to have anything to do with. Kouha gathered his followers because they were outcasts not unlike himself.

Alibaba's followers have two patterns; slaves that's he's freed or people like Cassim that think they're worthless. Toto is the obvious exception, but it kind of makes me wonder if that's going to end up being his reason for being. He'll end slavery and strive to instill self-worth into people.

...And so, shipping! Again, Kougyokou, as wonderful as she is should not be shipped with Alibaba. He is her precious friend. Her first and only friend. Don't take that away from her!

He should go with Morigana. I hope they will continue to have alone time together like we saw in this chapter. He actually confided in her which is not really something we've seen him do before. I mean, she was present when he spilled his guts in Balbhaad, but he was mostly speaking to Aladdin. She was just sitting there.

Here though, it was him telling her what he thought and how he felt just the two of them. And she didn't just listen, she engaged him in a conversation! When was the last time she spoke with him about anything? Has she ever done that before? They'd had exchanges before, but prolonged privacy between the two of them when there wasn't some kind of battle going on?

I hope by the end of this arc, he will have a girlfriend. He'll probably be the only only shonen protagonist in the last decade to officially have a girlfriend before the end of the manga.
To be honest I think Balbad will more or less be how Alibaba thinks it is, that is, the city is orderly and the people's lives are in no immediate danger (and most importantly no one is starving).

It just wouldn't make sense for Balbadd to be in a terrible state of affairs if Kouen wants to use the city not only as a base for Kou but also as the site of a potentially world-changing summit.

On a less serious note, remember how Mor, Alibaba, and Aladdin sleep together when they're all together? Well if Mor wanted some alone time with Alibaba, now would be her best chance
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 11:08   Link #2331
CBredbeard
Banned

Morgiana isn't that cunning. Even if she wanted to be alone with Alibaba, she wouldn't know that she did. Even if she knew, she wouldn't know how to go about being alone with him.

Here's to hoping the ship sinks or they get washed overboard in a storm so that they can be on a deserted island together! A deserted island with huge man-eating monsters! Because they gotta eat you know?
Old 2013-11-04, 12:18   Link #2332
Raviel

^If that happened............I guess you could say......

*puts on shades*

Mor and Alibaba's ship got sunk

................ok that was bad *shot*
Old 2013-11-04, 12:35   Link #2333
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Like other posters, I do hope he starts taking Mor into account and Kougyoku just as friend.

About Sinbad chapter, things should get interesting from now on! Young Jafar is so cute
Old 2013-11-04, 22:12   Link #2334
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
*puts on glasses* ye, definitely gonna ship these two
*author puts on glasses* Way ahead of you.
Gotta love how he sets the flag and in the very same chapter gets the two together.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 02:59   Link #2335
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Once again.... poor alibaba
but i cant stop laughing!
Did olba totally forgot about Alibaba. the forever alone....?
Old 2013-11-05, 09:17   Link #2336
Raviel

LOL, people are screwing with the tags again

....I mean come on, "Alibaba" "alone once again".

Makes me wonder if this is going to be a running gag until Alibaba eventually gets a seriously developed romance of his own.
Old 2013-11-05, 11:53   Link #2337
CBredbeard
Banned

Hey. Alibaba is f-ing Cupid. He makes ships sail! Alibaba the love doctor!
Old 2013-11-05, 14:07   Link #2338
ellifeedn
Thinker

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

And none of you make a stupid tag about that, or else.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 14:36   Link #2339
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by liro View Post
+1 He should hook up with Kougyoku, marry her, and have a son. Then Morgiana will end up marrying Ali's son.
he can just marry both of them
( it's legal to marry up to 4 women at same time in arabs countries )
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 19:10   Link #2340
alquimio_125

No one commented this but.....
Toto is like six years older than Olba!
She is a shotacon!
alquimio_125 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen