AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-07-22, 16:30   Link #2241
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I am really glad SE gave drg those QoL of buffs , before SE "We don't like super punishing positional" heavensward SE "We're giving drg a super punishing RNG positional, and making Ravana EX", now it's much less punishing for when you can't get it or make a mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Almost downed A1sav (25%), it's not really any harder than T10 from a dps perspective. The tanks are getting destroyed at certain points so they just need a smarter CD rotation for the tank busting plasma attacks. I think we'll get it tomorrow.
Hmmm I felt it was a bit more on t12 level as a dps, but the healer and tank aspect of the fight is nuts .

Also the dps check on faust is real, we were all i182+ & hive weapons and we only barely killed it after a dozen attempts because we got LB while he was enraging.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-22, 18:28   Link #2242
Galaxian

How do you gain experience pass level 50?
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-22, 18:41   Link #2243
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
How do you gain experience pass level 50?
buy heavensward
Old 2015-07-22, 21:48   Link #2244
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Also the dps check on faust is real, we were all i182+ & hive weapons and we only barely killed it after a dozen attempts because we got LB while he was enraging.
I keep hearing this but we've never wiped more than once to it, usually because the tanks die. No idea what the enrage looks like

edit: downed A1sav, brutal getting that last part perfectly but should be a joke fight in 200-210 gear.

Last edited by Alchemist007; 2015-07-23 at 00:35.
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-23, 05:59   Link #2245
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Naw, this won't deter those who want to be omnicrafters, just like what many did in 2.0 to circumvent the tome cap, they'll just use alts instead. Though in this case it's worse, as the red script items is tradable. I can reactivate my alt account today and have a couple characters ready to farm red scripts before the day's over, and viola, I've just tripled my weekly red script cap.
You wouldn't even necessarily need an alt account if you just have multiple characters in the same FC. But I suppose this is part of dynamic at the moment; given that the red scrip items are tradable, selling the items for gil could be a business of its own. Of course, as you say, it's a business with other crafters only, but they're among those with the most gil on the server in the first place.

(And, for whatever it's worth, no "t" in "scrip" )

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
If anything, I think what prompted SE to scale things this way was how fast SCOB/FCOB was cleared by people using overmelded gear. In which case they have committed the same mistake that many others have done - you can't balance things around what the likes of Lucrezia and BG does, because 99.99% of the rest of your playerbase can't do it.

Not that it's worked, A1 and A2 Savage was cleared within the first few hours on day 1 anyway.
It seems that A3 is where the line is being drawn at this point, perhaps due to DPS checks that can only be solved by gearing up further. So perhaps it was mission accomplished after all, if that was their reason. We'll see how much longer the wall lasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Have to say going through all the post 50 story quest stuff before getting to the Heavensward content is quite the slog. I'm level 52 at the moment and I've only just completed Lady of the Lake. It annoys me mightly that I can't get my new spells yet, lol.
I'm actually going through this again now on an alt, and I don't mind it... but I suppose that's because I've already satiated my hype/curiosity on my main character. The anticipation is what makes the "slog" more unbearable.

But I suppose the lesson they're trying to impart through this is for people to keep up with the minor patches as they come. My guess is that, by the time 4.0 rolls around, they'll have greatly-streamlined the whole 2.x process, but may still require you to complete all of 3.x.
Old 2015-07-23, 07:32   Link #2246
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So any sudden jumps in demand for mats after part 2 of 3.05? I have a stockpile of blue cloud and gloaming corals that I'm holding on to depending on demand. I'm at work for 1 more day so I can't peek at MB prices.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-23, 08:19   Link #2247
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
You wouldn't even necessarily need an alt account if you just have multiple characters in the same FC. But I suppose this is part of dynamic at the moment; given that the red scrip items are tradable, selling the items for gil could be a business of its own. Of course, as you say, it's a business with other crafters only, but they're among those with the most gil on the server in the first place.
Seems like it's actually worse than anyone thought. In order to get the mat for one crafting red script material turn in, you also need 10x items each from MIN/BOT. I think that part has been mostly ignored until now.

Turns out those all require the DoL Favor buff, from the sound of it...50? red scrip for 5 Favor. The buff lasts for 15 minutes, and the item itself is the rare/hidden type, ie, does not show up on every node, and seems like cycling node trick doesn't work either. People are reporting being able to gather between 1 to 3 of these items per favor buff.

Unless the gatherers doing this right now are missing something critical or have had terrible RNG, this means it'll take 100-200 DoL red scrip on top of the crafting red scrip token just to obtain ONE set of crafting red scrip mats. And you need 2-4 to make a single item.

Forget about the gating on crafting red scrip, if this stands it'll take a gatherer 2-4 weeks of sacrificing their entire progression for a crafter to attempt to make ONE item.

And this would utterly annihilates the whole trading idea. You can't trade red scrips or red scrip tokens, which means these scrips would need to be converted into mats first.

And we just found out that it takes nuking gatherer progression just to convert them into said material.

Quote:
(And, for whatever it's worth, no "t" in "scrip" )
Doh!

Quote:
It seems that A3 is where the line is being drawn at this point, perhaps due to DPS checks that can only be solved by gearing up further. So perhaps it was mission accomplished after all, if that was their reason. We'll see how much longer the wall lasts.
TBH, I think Alex hard as a whole is more tuned than Coil was. It's somewhat amusing to see Faust being a mechanics-free literal gate-keeper at the very beginning of Alex savage - "Do you have the dps to kill me? No? then come back when you git gud!"

It'll naturally become easier as people are more geared out, but I think even after ppl get a substantial amount of Esoteric gear, it'll still require people being decently competent at their job to meet the dps check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
So any sudden jumps in demand for mats after part 2 of 3.05? I have a stockpile of blue cloud and gloaming corals that I'm holding on to depending on demand. I'm at work for 1 more day so I can't peek at MB prices.
The crafter red scrip turn in material is likely to go upward in price, so solvent market may recive some boost there as well.

Last edited by kyp275; 2015-07-23 at 08:45.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-23, 17:43   Link #2248
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
I keep hearing this but we've never wiped more than once to it, usually because the tanks die. No idea what the enrage looks like

edit: downed A1sav, brutal getting that last part perfectly but should be a joke fight in 200-210 gear.
What party comp do you guys run just wondering? And congrats on downing it.

We're tanks: pld war; healers: sch whm; dps: drg brd smn blm atm.
MAL
Old 2015-07-23, 22:01   Link #2249
Alchemist007
*Author

Same but mnk in place of smn. As the brd, I had to ballad a lot so there really wasn't any room for foes this early into progression besides the opener. We only killed it with 40 seconds before enrage, so it's that much more cushion when I do get to use it, but obviously healers take priority.
Old 2015-07-24, 05:11   Link #2250
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So... I finally bought the second to the last piece of M sized land in Glade in the 4th ward of my server after saving up for 3 months.

Technically did it by helping destroy the server's market of blue cloud and gloaming corals, which are now worth 40% of its original price from last month. I feel slightly guilty about all of it lol.

Now I actually have to make the remaining 1mil I need to actually BUILD the house... gonna be kinda hard with my primary source of incoming in the shitter.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-22, 18:56   Link #2251
cyberdemon

I just realized something funny. While doing the Hildebrand quests again on a new character, the part where you follow Ultros as he flirts with girls, the second girl that he flirts with is Hildebrand's mother a full patch before she showed up.
Old 2015-08-22, 23:40   Link #2252
Galaxian

You have to make your own amusement: I get to to the mission when you have to dress up as an Imperial soldier and sneak into their camp. The thing is that I have Head Gears turned off so all my characters did was throw in a different shirt and I completely fools everyone. I guess the Imperial uniforms are made out of the same material as Clark Kent's glasses.
Old 2015-08-23, 07:08   Link #2253
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I just realized something funny. While doing the Hildebrand quests again on a new character, the part where you follow Ultros as he flirts with girls, the second girl that he flirts with is Hildebrand's mother a full patch before she showed up.
Yep, I noticed it immediately because somehow that character had stuck in my head. Unfortunately it doesn't seem that you can rewatch that part in the inn, but I made a screenshot when replaying with an alt.

Spoiler for Hildibrand questline:

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 09:53   Link #2254
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
You have to make your own amusement: I get to to the mission when you have to dress up as an Imperial soldier and sneak into their camp...
That kind of thing is always amusing (it even crops up in the 1998 Battlezone reimagining - one of the NSDF (USA) missions requires you to 'apporpriate' a CCA (Soviet) scout vehicle and complete its patrol route so you can enter their heavily-guarded base and extract some data).

Quote:
The thing is that I have Head Gears turned off so all my characters did was throw in a different shirt and I completely fools everyone. I guess the Imperial uniforms are made out of the same material as Clark Kent's glasses.
Leaving aside that the 'hide headgear' option in games like this has no effect beyond the aesthetic, I would point out that since people notice mostly the unusual, intruders who look and act like they belong are less likely to draw attention. One of the more interesting examples can be found in Vince Flynn's 'Term Limits'.

Spoiler for Lenghty explanation follows:
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 10:57   Link #2255
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Guh... I just stupidly exchange my Eso to two Caster accessories even though my main is Healer... I can exchange the item from support desk, but since it's a one time thing, I decided against exchanging it back this time >< so sad T_T

Anyway, finally downed A1S after I change back from AST to SCH.... The difference in healing and DPS power is so big.... AST really need those buff soon
Old 2015-08-23, 12:03   Link #2256
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Guh... I just stupidly exchange my Eso to two Caster accessories even though my main is Healer... I can exchange the item from support desk, but since it's a one time thing, I decided against exchanging it back this time >< so sad T_T

Anyway, finally downed A1S after I change back from AST to SCH.... The difference in healing and DPS power is so big.... AST really need those buff soon
Yeah I initially thought it was the usual people complaining, then I actually exped the job. I exped both WHM and AST in parallel using the same equip except for the weapons. The difference in healing power was really noticeable.

The nocturnal stance is probably the worst of the two, Sure you get a 5% increase in healing potency which puts you on par with a scholar if not better for basic cures... except you are a scholar without a fairy and without adloquium bonus to crit. That's simply horrible.

At least in diurnal stance you have passive cures (while nocturnal has none), too bad aspected benefic's regen potency is 33% lower than a WHM's regen.

But that's not all, man I could write an entire treatise on all the things that are wrong with AST, but I suppose you already know most of them. Let's just say that the upcoming buffs to the job or sorely needed and decidedly welcome, because despite all it IS a fun class to play.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 14:22   Link #2257
Galaxian

I'm two dungeons away from finishing the first segment of Main Story quests. I'm still hilariously far away from the Heavensward content though.
Old 2015-08-23, 17:15   Link #2258
Alchemist007
*Author

I'm really liking A3S, it's a legitimate challenge. We've pushed into the last phase several times, but sadly 2 of our members are going on vacation for 2 weeks...no progression or server top 3 for us now. Maybe A4S will be in sight at some point.
Old 2015-08-23, 18:04   Link #2259
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
I'm really liking A3S, it's a legitimate challenge. We've pushed into the last phase several times, but sadly 2 of our members are going on vacation for 2 weeks...no progression or server top 3 for us now. Maybe A4S will be in sight at some point.
Nice, my static is on hiatus right now, we almost cleared AS1 finally last week (wiped at 3% or so on Self-destruct), but wasn't meant to be .
MAL
Old 2015-08-23, 19:04   Link #2260
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Yeah I initially thought it was the usual people complaining, then I actually exped the job. I exped both WHM and AST in parallel using the same equip except for the weapons. The difference in healing power was really noticeable.

The nocturnal stance is probably the worst of the two, Sure you get a 5% increase in healing potency which puts you on par with a scholar if not better for basic cures... except you are a scholar without a fairy and without adloquium bonus to crit. That's simply horrible.

At least in diurnal stance you have passive cures (while nocturnal has none), too bad aspected benefic's regen potency is 33% lower than a WHM's regen.

But that's not all, man I could write an entire treatise on all the things that are wrong with AST, but I suppose you already know most of them. Let's just say that the upcoming buffs to the job or sorely needed and decidedly welcome, because despite all it IS a fun class to play.
It is fun to play AST. I really love it synastrying during prey on A1S. Problem is, the lower healing potency snowballed into lack of MP because of higher need of using Cure II equivalent, not to mention one of our MP regenerating skill is the unreliable card where more likely than not the needed card does not appear when you need it. Even worse, once you use Essential Dignity, there is literally nothing you can do to top off your tank quickly if you need it(before tank buster) unlike SCH's Lustrate.

Anyway, looking forward to the buff AST got this next patch(probably won't go back to AST until next raid tier though)

Tags
mmorpg