AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-03-29, 01:15   Link #501
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

You guys are forgetting one of the traditional cooking utensil and that is CHOPSTICK! It's going to be one hell of amazing techique for sure. Anyways last capter was a good introduction to the upcoming traning chapters. I can't want to see Toriko to learn new spoon tecnique. It's going to be really useful in the future in his trial in Gourment World.
Old 2012-03-29, 15:18   Link #502
marvelB

^Yeah, chopstick does also make sense, now that I think about it. Though after seeing the spork suggestion, I actually want to see that more since the idea of a technique based on those plastic school cafeteria utensils sounds all kinda of badass.

Anyways, the chapter's been out for a while now. Very interesting to hear about master Chinchin's former chef partner. From the way he described her, I'm thinking that Chiyo probably wasn't so much kidnapped by the Bishokukai as she was either brainwashed or got tainted by the dark side and joined them of her own will.....

But as for the current arc, I'm also pretty sure that Toriko will learn Spoon from master Chinchin, in addition to learning the super-strict gourmet etiquette. Oh, and it looks like the master was the one responsible for stealing the ehou maki. But I still wouldn't be surprised if some rather unsavory characters were prowling around that temple....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 12:46   Link #503
marvelB

Hey now, didn't think I'd forget about this week's serving now, did ya!?

Spoiler for chap 182:
Old 2012-04-05, 09:27   Link #504
marvelB

Sorry for the triple post, but..... why is there no one discussing this awesome chapter!?

It turns out this week's chapter was a LOT more interesting than I thought. So it turns out the temple is both a training ground AND a prison (heh, maybe Zebra should have been contained there instead of Honey Prison), and we finally see the bubble fruits (which are unattainable for our heroes for the time being). Heck, we even learn that master Chin was secretly training Toriko all this time after all (lol at him being responsible for dumping that huge mountain onto the falls ).

And best of all, it's been implied that Toriko will learn Spoon after all! But now he's going to have a sparring match against the assistant master..... I wonder how strong he is? He claimed he wasn't that strong, but I'm pretty unsure about that, considering how hardcore the food honor training is.....
Old 2012-04-05, 11:55   Link #505
ellifeedn
Thinker

It's called "I only now know the chapter's ready for viewing" and I'll get to it when I have an opportunity.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 13:04   Link #506
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Aaaand the chances of Toriko learning spoon just went up Looks like this will be more training and perhaps, finally, something will be done about Toriko's bottomless gluttony? I don't think he's ever been shown NOT drooling rivers in front of meat...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 13:10   Link #507
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
(heh, maybe Zebra should have been contained there instead of Honey Prison)
Nah, Zebra being contained there would have shortly resulted in him deciding the temple was getting cocky, which would be unlikely to end well.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 13:49   Link #508
Sik-07
Chuu~

Shuu challenging Toriko after claiming to lack power so there's gotta be some special fighting technique involving food honor that can make use of Toriko's weakness

Master Chin being responsible for the mountain in the waterfall was funny as hell (^▽^)
Old 2012-04-09, 02:19   Link #509
leokiko

I wonder what makes this manga so enjoyable to me. Even the episodic chapters are fun to read, it's been a long time since I haven't enjoyed a chapter of Toriko.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 11:26   Link #510
marvelB

Next spoiler's here:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-11, 12:11   Link #511
ellifeedn
Thinker

I remember this part from Dragon Ball where Goku has to wear a bell and learn how to move without ringing the bell. You think Toriko will undergo something similar?
Old 2012-04-12, 04:57   Link #512
ShiroiRyu

HAHAHA !
Two loses ! XD
And the last part !
Old 2012-04-12, 05:37   Link #513
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Trololol, 5m long chopsticks Looks like food honour will allow Toriko to spam his moves like crazy...assuming he can get to learn it :P I'm sooo looking forward to the training, it's too funny to miss out on!
Old 2012-04-12, 09:09   Link #514
marvelB

Well, we can definitely tell that Toriko and Komatsu are going to benefit greatly from this "food honor" training, considering Shuu's words this chapter. Could this be the point where the series also hops onto the timeskip bandwagon.....?
Old 2012-04-12, 12:27   Link #515
ellifeedn
Thinker

If you remember back to the Century Soup arc, there's the evidence of why I doubt there'll be a timeskip.
Old 2012-04-12, 13:52   Link #516
ZeroForever

the end of century soup arc was still like 6 months compressed into like 3 chapters, which is quintessential a time skip for all intents and purposes, so it's not like it couldn't happen again here.
Old 2012-04-18, 16:23   Link #517
marvelB

Bit of a late reply, but I believe the century soup arc's timeskip was kinda different since it mainly involved Toriko recovering from his fight with Tommyrod. I could check again, but I do believe that was the case.

Anyhow, next spoilers are here:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-19, 06:16   Link #518
ShiroiRyu

184 : Wow that was a good chapter ...
With the return of our whale.
Old 2012-04-19, 07:01   Link #519
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Know what I want for next Christmas? A ham-plant that grows when you think about it. These ideas are amazing What's even more amazing is the amount of concentration that master Chin exerts...so many candles around a man who would eat out his temple's menu without a second thought :P
Old 2012-04-19, 07:45   Link #520
ellifeedn
Thinker

I found the whole fish part disturbing.

Tags
action, fantasy, food, shounen