Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-24, 20:30   Link #41
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Also, I wonder when we'll be updated on Monet and Vergo's conditions? Particularly the former (we haven't even seen heart anywhere this chapter).....
they are dead. if alive they would be in chains with the others.
Old 2013-01-24, 20:33   Link #42
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
they are dead. if alive they would be in chains with the others.
Er..no they are inside the factory which the soldiers said they would be going inside.
Old 2013-01-25, 03:57   Link #43
aiu

Well, considering one got her heart completely crushed and the other cut into tiny pieces and left inside a collapsing, exploding laboratory being filled with poisonous gas, I'll take that wild leap of faith and say that they died.
Old 2013-01-27, 20:11   Link #44
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Kaido most likely won't be encountered any time soon. If anything, I see Big Mom being the first emperor Luffy will run into.

You know, I've been giving it some consideration and I'm starting to think that Kaidou WILL be the first emperor that Luffy encounters in the NW. The main reason I'm feeling this way is because of the current ministory. Notice that the island Caribou is currently on resembles the one we saw Drake at before the skip..... the island that was part of Kaidou's territory. And if it's true that he's the one being supplied with SAD from Dofla, then we can assume that the soldier-looking dudes we saw this chapter could be from a division of that beast army that CC told Luffy about. Also, remember that most of the ministories tie in with the main plot in some way, so I don't think it's too far-fetched to believe that Caribou's will be connected to the eventual Kaidou arc.....
Old 2013-01-29, 16:42   Link #45
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^That is plausible. Location is also a key component in determining which emperor Luffy will cross paths with first.

And speaking of the eventual Kaido arc, I'm sure that Moria will get himself involved again in the story by that point.
Old 2013-01-29, 21:00   Link #46
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^That is plausible. Location is also a key component in determining which emperor Luffy will cross paths with first.

And speaking of the eventual Kaido arc, I'm sure that Moria will get himself involved again in the story by that point.
No it isn't.
Old 2013-01-29, 22:24   Link #47
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
He did directly confront Whitebeard when he went off to war, so I doubt he is the weakest (if there is such a thing amongst the Yonkou).

(That being said, unless Blackbeard gained a larger crew, he should technically be the "weakest".)
Seeing as how this is a shounen manga, there's bound to be disparities amongst the yonkou even if they are infinitesimal.

Blackbeard may perhaps be the "weakest" in the sense of his sphere of power and influence (he's still a relatively new yonkou), but we know that ultimately quality>quantity.
Old 2013-01-30, 00:32   Link #48
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
No it isn't.

Sure about that? It was already made clear that the yonkou controlled much of the New World in the first place, so how could location NOT be key here? The mere fact that Luffy earned Big Mom's wrath at mermaid island should more than prove right there that turf/location is kind of a big deal when the emperors are involved.....

Anyhow, epic new spoilers are out, so of course that warrants a new thread!
Old 2013-01-30, 07:33   Link #49
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Doflamingo... is not amused.

I wonder if Law got influenced by the Strawhats..... (Luffy punching a Celestial Dragon... probably made Law go for annoying Doflamingo)
Old 2013-01-30, 11:02   Link #50
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Sure about that? It was already made clear that the yonkou controlled much of the New World in the first place, so how could location NOT be key here? The mere fact that Luffy earned Big Mom's wrath at mermaid island should more than prove right there that turf/location is kind of a big deal when the emperors are involved.....

Anyhow, epic new spoilers are out, so of course that warrants a new thread!

There are plenty of Island that aren't Yonkou territory but this is the NW every island doesn't need to be near each other for battles. Oda only did that for a story standpoint it wouldn't be fun if they were traveling for a a long period of time to another location. It's different now since of how the NW is and the interactions it can provide.
Closed Thread