Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-07-11, 11:40   Link #41
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
It seems that there are still some annoying problems with Vista SP1.. Whenever I turn the volume above 70, it slows down my overall cpu performances to the point that it lags and freezes occasionally. And whenever I insert a memory card into the laptop slot, it freezes the cpu entirely yet memory cards work perfectly by utilizing external card readers. Is there some sort of patch to fix these issues? Of course, these aren't that important to me as that I have figured a way around it but still... It would be nice if it can be fixed as that it will enhance the convenience factor.
It seems like it could be a driver issue... This can usually be resolved by installing the latest sound drivers since older drivers can be buggy and cause problems. If the following drivers don't work, uninstall your sound card drivers and do a reinstall.

Realtek: http://files.laptopvideo2go.com/audio/realtek_r2.27.exe
IDT/Sigmatel: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/...howtopic=23790

Also, I suggest doing some hardware diagnostics to make sure it's not a hardware problem.
Old 2009-07-11, 13:46   Link #42
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
It seems like it could be a driver issue... This can usually be resolved by installing the latest sound drivers since older drivers can be buggy and cause problems. If the following drivers don't work, uninstall your sound card drivers and do a reinstall.

Realtek: http://files.laptopvideo2go.com/audio/realtek_r2.27.exe
IDT/Sigmatel: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/...howtopic=23790

Also, I suggest doing some hardware diagnostics to make sure it's not a hardware problem.
Its not a hardware problem and my drivers are also the newest available version:

Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 16:14   Link #43
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Alright somethings gotta give…My Norton Anti-virus has just vanished, I can’t even click on it to update it or anything (Tried to system restore it 100 times)… The little blue circle just circles but the program never opens…But screw it since it was the free 60 days with my new computer (Gonna get AVG anyways), but more and more probs have surfaced…Like whenever Mozilla Firefox gets updated, I’m no longer able to use the internet unless I sys-restore back to when it was working (Not even IE will work after a Firefox update)…Firefox totally disappeared last week and I was sooo screwed until thank god I had a 3.05 setup on and old flash drive because sysrestore even to day1 wouldn’t let the internet work (I use a wireless verizon connect BTW)…Additionally recycle bin will not always delete stuff…It just will stay on the computer and if you dl as much anime and movies I do, that’s a big damn prob…So I guess Vista does really suck a$$…Are these normal Vista issues that other people have related to?

I guess I’m gonna have to get the Windows 7 but I don’t want the beta cuz I don’t know if I really want that $hit and I’ll be forced to get it….I bought my cpu a month before the free update to Win 7 so I’m screwed on getting it free (Yeah my luck)…Scared of the pirated copies for fear a glitch will murder me on that too…So what should I do (I guess about all this $hit!)?
Old 2009-08-05, 16:36   Link #44
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I don't know why Microsoft have to charge so much money on Windows 7 when it's just a patch to Vista's problems...

You can try a distro of Linux (which is free) like Ubuntu or KUbuntu (uses KDE instead of Gnome) as a alternative. Linux will work fine, assuming you don't use any Windows-only programs, but it will take a little getting used to the interface since it's a bit different. Just download the ISO and run it as a livecd to decide if it works for you...

If not, you are better off investing in a copy of Windows 7 upgrade, but it's going to set up back $119.99 for Home Premium and $199 for Professional (if you need XP mode).
Old 2009-08-09, 06:40   Link #45
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
I don't know why Microsoft have to charge so much money on Windows 7 when it's just a patch to Vista's problems...

You can try a distro of Linux (which is free) like Ubuntu or KUbuntu (uses KDE instead of Gnome) as a alternative. Linux will work fine, assuming you don't use any Windows-only programs, but it will take a little getting used to the interface since it's a bit different. Just download the ISO and run it as a livecd to decide if it works for you...

If not, you are better off investing in a copy of Windows 7 upgrade, but it's going to set up back $119.99 for Home Premium and $199 for Professional (if you need XP mode).
Regarding the Windows 7 upgrade, how large is the install? I thought it is still in beta development.. How much RAM is necessary? Although I have already made a genuine XP Home SP2 disc off the folder in my old laptop but it is not tested which means that there is a chance it will fail during installation or product activation. Is it possible to upgrade it to Windows 7 if my system has less than 512MB RAM? I can extend it to 2Gb as that there is an empty slot.

However, I am putting little thought to this though as that Windows 7 may have problems of its own considering how Vista turned out.. Although it is said that Windows 7 is the improved version of Vista but the thing is that Vista was originally the improved version of XP yet so many issues.
Old 2009-08-09, 08:53   Link #46
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Regarding the Windows 7 upgrade, how large is the install? I thought it is still in beta development.. How much RAM is necessary? Although I have already made a genuine XP Home SP2 disc off the folder in my old laptop but it is not tested which means that there is a chance it will fail during installation or product activation. Is it possible to upgrade it to Windows 7 if my system has less than 512MB RAM? I can extend it to 2Gb as that there is an empty slot.

However, I am putting little thought to this though as that Windows 7 may have problems of its own considering how Vista turned out.. Although it is said that Windows 7 is the improved version of Vista but the thing is that Vista was originally the improved version of XP yet so many issues.
Windows 7 will run fine with atleast 1GB of memory since the memory usage was optimized since Vista. If you are going to upgrade from XP, you need to do a clean install although you will still be eligible to install from a upgrade disk. There should be no problem installing Windows 7 and activating it since you have Windows XP installed, just run it within Windows XP. Expect Windows 7 use at least 5 GB of diskspace, 5 GB less than Vista (A full Vista installation uses 10GB of diskspace)

If you put in more RAM, Windows 7 will run alot faster and yes, Windows 7 is a improvement over Vista since Microsoft managed to fix most of the flaws pertaining to memory usage, UAC (User Access Control), disk usage, more drivers out of the box and other improvements but don't expect many new features in Windows 7 since it's just a Vista fix-me-up. Also, programs that work on Vista should work on 7 since they use the same kernel.

Edit: This chart pretty much explain everything I have talked about upgrading from XP above.
Spoiler for Windows 7 Upgrade Matrix:

Last edited by chikorita157; 2009-08-09 at 15:06.
chikorita157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 19:41   Link #47
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Windows 7 will run fine with atleast 1GB of memory since the memory usage was optimized since Vista. If you are going to upgrade from XP, you need to do a clean install although you will still be eligible to install from a upgrade disk. There should be no problem installing Windows 7 and activating it since you have Windows XP installed, just run it within Windows XP. Expect Windows 7 use at least 5 GB of diskspace, 5 GB less than Vista (A full Vista installation uses 10GB of diskspace)

If you put in more RAM, Windows 7 will run alot faster and yes, Windows 7 is a improvement over Vista since Microsoft managed to fix most of the flaws pertaining to memory usage, UAC (User Access Control), disk usage, more drivers out of the box and other improvements but don't expect many new features in Windows 7 since it's just a Vista fix-me-up. Also, programs that work on Vista should work on 7 since they use the same kernel.

Edit: This chart pretty much explain everything I have talked about upgrading from XP above.
Spoiler for Windows 7 Upgrade Matrix:
Thanks..

I will give it some thought in the upcoming few months.
Old 2009-11-15, 05:31   Link #48
rayalca

A solution to the problem...

...or at least what worked for me. I have Vista 32 bit and I had the same problem as you. I think your assumption that your problems are with an incompatibility with 64 bit is overcomplicating things.

What worked for me: There's an improved installer that you can download from http://www.transreality.com.au/defau...tion=downloads

This completed installation and the game seems to be working (though I've only played it for an hour, so far).

Quote:
My OS is now Microsoft Vista Home Premium and I am experiencing all sorts of compatibility issues, not mentioning that it hangs once in awhile. However, the hanging part can easily be fixed but the software issues can't.

I am trying to install Ai Yori Aoshi on 64-bit Vista and I get an error. Does anybody else have the same OS as me and actually got it to work or it isn't possible. I do know that Vista has many compatibility and stability issues, so its not that new to me. Also, does anybody know of an alternative program to PSP Video 9? I used to use v4.05 and it worked like a charm, but that version is now discontinued and v4.07 works with so many issues. Currently, I am still trying to find my PSP Media Manager disc which I bought for 15 bucks awhile back but the problem with that is my psp must be connected in order to convert video files, not mentioning that the video files also tend to be twice the size of PSP Video 9 conversions, like 70MB vs 120MB.

I guess my question should be: Does anybody know where to get older versions of PSP Video 9?
rayalca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 14:43   Link #49
CotFI2

Back to the original post: I'm still running XP, and I can't get the Ai Yori Aoshi IVN to install, either. It brings up the install screen, but clicking the "install" button just makes that screen vanish... even if I open the CD directly, clicking the "setup" icon results in the same: nothing.
CotFI2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 10:15   Link #50
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by CotFI2 View Post
Back to the original post: I'm still running XP, and I can't get the Ai Yori Aoshi IVN to install, either. It brings up the install screen, but clicking the "install" button just makes that screen vanish... even if I open the CD directly, clicking the "setup" icon results in the same: nothing.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...mce_update.zip

Download that, extract the files and run the setup file which will allow you to get around the issue with the original setup program.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote