AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-01-08, 09:44   Link #21
BrokenWingz

I think the key word is priorities
back then misson#1 friends-last
now-friends#1 mission#2
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 15:36   Link #22
MobiuS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
You can be young and experienced and obviously you can be young and Jounin as you can be young and a cold psychopathe like Itachi or already perverted like Jiraiya.
That has nothing to do with being young or not.
Obviously there are young and experienced people. Zabuza is an example. But the TYPICAL young person is not experienced. When people refer to young, they refer to your beginning stages. Some people mature when their age mates are still young. Thats why its easier to assume Sasuke is older upon seeing them in class. Not because he looks oolder than Naruto, but because he acts more "grown-up". He doesnt act YOUNG <-- childish.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
We do know exactly what kind of decision Kakashi would take right now. Those who don't take care of their comrades are worse than trash remember?
Yes. We know he will eventually save the comrades. But d'you know how he will do it and still meet the objective? Maybe you always do. I dont. Thats what keeps me watching. Like the 1st Zabuza encounter. How was he gna protect the old man AND the kids? I didnt know till I started seeing him bust out Sharingan moves. Water Clones. Hypnotic Suggestions. Damn ..
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 06:38   Link #23
drunkenlotus
huhhh

I do believe that this thread will need to tag its title soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiuS
Quote:
You can be young and experienced and obviously you can be young and Jounin as you can be young and a cold psychopathe like Itachi or already perverted like Jiraiya.
That has nothing to do with being young or not.
Obviously there are young and experienced people. Zabuza is an example. But the TYPICAL young person is not experienced. When people refer to young, they refer to your beginning stages. Some people mature when their age mates are still young. Thats why its easier to assume Sasuke is older upon seeing them in class. Not because he looks oolder than Naruto, but because he acts more "grown-up". He doesnt act YOUNG <-- childish.
You're both right. And you were also debating 2 arguments that have little to do with one another lol.

Hunter is saying that there were obviously exceptions to your stereotype, Mobius. However, what you're saying as a general statement holds true. To be "young" will usually imply inexperience, ineptitude, naivte, etc. You call someone a kid when they act stupidly or immaturely. You get the idea.

But...about Kakashi..I think that now he places his teammates and his friends ahead of the mission. This is what he's learned from his past, and why he commented on Shikamaru's conceding in the Chuunin exam.
drunkenlotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 15:21   Link #24
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenlotus
You're both right. And you were also debating 2 arguments that have little to do with one another lol.

Hunter is saying that there were obviously exceptions to your stereotype, Mobius. However, what you're saying as a general statement holds true. To be "young" will usually imply inexperience, ineptitude, naivte, etc. You call someone a kid when they act stupidly or immaturely. You get the idea.

But...about Kakashi..I think that now he places his teammates and his friends ahead of the mission. This is what he's learned from his past, and why he commented on Shikamaru's conceding in the Chuunin exam.
As a matter fact, what he's saying isn't even generaly true... in Naruto.

We are talking in a world were 12 years old is the normal age to be a solider for your village, where children are taught being killing weapons, where they are taugh to never show any feeling and where 11-15 years old kids are commanding troups.

Naruto remains childish but he's rather an exception and even him isn't quite as inexperienced as MobiuS seems to think.

Anyway it's not even really the point discussed here.

Spoiler:
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 18:14   Link #25
MobiuS

Youre clearly irrational and an idiot to boot. Did you ever think the maturity age in Naruto is lower than real life?
The YOUNGER you are .. the more inexperienced you are. Its the general formula for anyone. SOme people mature faster than others, but everyone was more inexperienced and naive WHEN THEY WERE YOUNGER.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-09, 18:32   Link #26
Nubixkube

Mobius, by calling other people names, you just make yourself look stupider than you already are.

Spoiler:

Also Mobius, make sure to read the rules about your signatures. You're not making yourself look any smarter.

Last edited by Nubixkube; 2006-01-09 at 18:44.
Nubixkube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 18:47   Link #27
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Youre clearly irrational and an idiot to boot. Did you ever think the maturity age in Naruto is lower than real life?
The YOUNGER you are .. the more inexperienced you are. Its the general formula for anyone. SOme people mature faster than others, but everyone was more inexperienced and naive WHEN THEY WERE YOUNGER.
Which isn't what I said to begin with.

Then what you wrote in spoiler tags is still completely beside the point, that's incredible that you're not even able to understand the meaning of the word "priorities".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubixkube
Mobius, by calling other people names, you just make yourself look stupider than you already are.
Honestly I don't think he can do that.
Old 2006-01-09, 18:57   Link #28
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Quote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
EadTaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 19:02   Link #29
MobiuS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EadTaes
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-09, 19:06   Link #30
MobiuS

Quote:
Which isn't what I said to begin with.

Then what you wrote in spoiler tags is still completely beside the point, that's incredible that you're not even able to understand the meaning of the word "priorities".

Honestly I don't think he can do that.

2 things.

1.) I know that isnt what you said. But that has been my point. A younger Kakashi is a more inexperienced one. Having Sharingan and attaining Joinin status makes him more matured. Clearly not a young one anymore. The request for more Kakashi missions when he was younger logically means before the Sharingan or that particular mission. Which warranted my original comment.

2.) If you havent realized by now that the arguments we have both been making in the spoilers are arguments different but related to the outside one .. to protect specific information from random individuals trolling the forum ... I have no comment. My spoiler replies to your spoiler. My outside comment replies to your outside comment. Was that so hard to follow?
Old 2006-01-09, 19:14   Link #31
MobiuS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubixkube

Spoiler:

Also Mobius, make sure to read the rules about your signatures. You're not making yourself look any smarter.

Spoiler:

Er .. I dont have a problem with my signature. WHy change it? xris deleted my sig when I added text under it. I dont feel the need to change it as of yet so I dont. When Im ready to change it to something else I want, Ill do it. And last I checked, noone had a problem with it. Only you.
Old 2006-01-09, 19:14   Link #32
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Quote:
Spoiler:
He realised what they ment to him and acted on it. Instead fo ignoring his feelings he embraced them. Because feelings do make u stronger and he found that out as well.

Basicly:
If u fight with your heart and sould, not just with ur mind and body, you can do prety much anything, even the impossible.
Old 2006-01-09, 19:15   Link #33
MobiuS

There you go.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-09, 19:22   Link #34
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Quote:
There you go.

Spoiler:
Yeah but words alone do not last long if one does not experience the meaning of them. Thus death of Obito is the point at wich Kakashi was changed for good.
Old 2006-01-09, 19:27   Link #35
MobiuS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EadTaes
Yeah but words alone do not last long if one does not experience the meaning of them. Thus death of Obito is the point at wich Kakashi was changed for good.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-13, 00:35   Link #36
kheldorin

Given his family history and tragedy, his unique teammate, a possible romance, having a sensei who's gonna be Hokage and living in a wartime period, I'll say Kakashi's childhood is not lame and certainly not boring.
kheldorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 09:46   Link #37
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
2 things.

1.) I know that isnt what you said. But that has been my point. A younger Kakashi is a more inexperienced one. Having Sharingan and attaining Joinin status makes him more matured. Clearly not a young one anymore. The request for more Kakashi missions when he was younger logically means before the Sharingan or that particular mission. Which warranted my original comment.

2.) If you havent realized by now that the arguments we have both been making in the spoilers are arguments different but related to the outside one .. to protect specific information from random individuals trolling the forum ... I have no comment. My spoiler replies to your spoiler. My outside comment replies to your outside comment. Was that so hard to follow?
If you know that it isn't what I said then why quoting my post and not answering it? But anyway it wasn't even your point to begin with.

Your point was that Kakashi's childhood was lame because he must have had monotonous and boring missions.
A side point of that was Kakashi not being young anymore because he gained the Sharingan and became a Jounin.

Spoiler:

Now about youth.
You said that to have the Sharingan and to be a Jounin matured him.
Firstly it's the way around, it's the the story behind his obtention of the Sharingan which matured him, and he was chosen as a jounin because he was mature enough despite his young age.
But that's the point, despite his young age. Your rank doesn't suddenly change your age and maturity isn't the same word as young.
Old 2006-01-14, 12:27   Link #38
MobiuS

Wow.

1.) I said Kakashi had boring missions when he was younger because we know he picks mission over team. He never looked worried about accomplishing a mission even after losing a teammate.

The argument about young was to secure my point that when someone had referred to "young" they were referrign to pre-Obito missions.

Spoiler:

Rank doesnt change age. But age does not necessarily refer to your maturity level. You can be mature relative to people around you and still be younger.

Maturity doesnt have a direct correlation with young, but the connection is obvious.

1.) If you are young, you are generally accepted to be immature.
2.) If you are mature, people will identify it regardless of age.

Young individuals are typically not as mature as older ones. Kakashi is an exclusion since he matured fast due to his youth and his father's story. However a younger Kakashi is logically less mature than an Older one. You mature as you grow older.

Therefore a Kakashi younger than Obito-Rin is more immature than a Kakashi after Obito-Rin.
Old 2006-01-14, 16:24   Link #39
cuttups
Cruiserweight Champion

I think its interesting that Kakashi got to be a Jounin without developing any techniques other than Chidori, and even then it was right as he was becoming a Jounin.

They say that is his only original technique and he became a Jounin before actually using it a lot. Was he just good at other people's techniques or something?
cuttups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 23:36   Link #40
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Creating new techniques doesnt make u a genius only. They ar eotehrs way to becoem a genius. Like combining techniques or planing 10 move ahead of your opponent.

Examples: From the chunin exams
Naruto: and his combining of jutsus that totaly had kiba fooled and Neji to.
Shikamaru: and his planing 200 moves ahead from what he states in the manga

And Kakashi has provent to be able to mix skills and plan ahead.