AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-13, 00:15   Link #1
spectator

Athrun and Kira on different paths?

Somehow I think the two will be fighting again, either for Lacus or peace

In all previous Gundam series (Seed included), 3rd faction dont appear so fast, at least not in +10th episode. With many of you speculating that Athrun will take up the role of Blue-Cosmos/Zala Faction-assassin, I doubt he is on the right track. Especially since he told Kira that he still "hasn't found the reason for fighting".

Now since there are 2 LaucsES, it could very well hint the possiblity of 2 factions. There are also two battleships that we know well: Archangel and Minerva. Kira will probably be joined by the Real Lacus with Archangel in later episodes, and Athrun will be torn apart by Fake Lacus + L + Cagalil onboard Minerva.
spectator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 00:28   Link #2
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
We don't know yet what Gilbert wants from Athrun by handing him the Savior Gundam. It only mentions him forming a new faction. Probably, it will have Athrun working to undo his father's influence.

As for Kira, nobody really knows. I think most people would agree his story was mostly told in Gundam SEED. It's Athrun's turn, or else, what is Shinn for?
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 00:43   Link #3
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Damn right! What's the point of making a new main character if you're not going to use him?

Don't think they'll fight against each other again though, Athrun was already relunctant to do so when they were on opposing sides, and he even betrayed his father to fight with Kira last time.
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 00:54   Link #4
Tri-Klops
Evil Warrior

I dout that will happen, more like shino will fight kira because no one knows better than Athrun that it will take more than one Athrun to beat Kira.
Tri-Klops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 00:58   Link #5
Rhonin.
Gundam Freak

Maby they only made shin so he could give kira a hard time.
Rhonin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 01:07   Link #6
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonin.
Maby they only made shin so he could give kira a hard time.
What? But he's the new main character. It would be stupid to make a new main character, for the express purpose of screwing with the old one.

Last edited by Raxtenko; 2004-12-13 at 01:18.
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 02:33   Link #7
sparkswy
Ace Pilot

Insteresting speculation.But I think Kira is prepared for Shin Asuka instead of his gay-like friend Athrun Zala.
sparkswy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 05:40   Link #8
MikeMania

i dont think athrun is gay at all... but Kira did kill shinn's parent's right? so shinn will find out th identity of kira and possibly a conflict will start.
MikeMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 05:51   Link #9
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Er, you make it sound it was a deliberate act on Kira's part to kill innocent civillians.

I would call it "collateral damage" instead. Kira (in Freedom) was doing his best to fend off the Earth Alliance.

I personally wonder why was only Freedom shown and not Justice, perhaps the whole mess occurred before Athrun decided to join in?
Old 2004-12-13, 06:38   Link #10
Ryota
Nee kikoemasuka?

Ehh Justice was blown to peaces to blow up the GENESIS...

And how could Shinn give Kira a hard time? He was so surprissed about how powerfull the 2 Zaku's from Yzaak and Asuran were, how on earth can he deal with a Freedom WITH that Neutron-jammer-canceller (dont remember the name)... the other gundam still uses phase shift

But back to the topic, i think Asuan will help Zaft right now, cuz that's were he is now. Kira will probably begin as the 3rd party and only do his "protecting stuff"... like the whole world XD

So i do think Asuran and Kira will go different paths for now.

Zaft: Talia-Minerva, Asuran-Saviour, Yzaak-Zaku, Deakka-Zaku, Shinn-Impulse, Rei-Zaku, Lunamaria-Zaku, clone Lucas
Earth: Girty Leu, Gaia, Chaos, Abyss, CAGALLI with pink gundam
3rd Party: Kira-Freedom, Lucas-Pink_shuttle and all other SEED characters :P
Ryota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 06:57   Link #11
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Er, I'm refering to the scenes in the first episode which showed Freedom dueling with the three druggies. Where was Justice then?
Old 2004-12-13, 07:10   Link #12
Ryota
Nee kikoemasuka?

cant recall which ep you mean.

but is it the ep were asuran didnt get his justice yet?
Ryota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 07:24   Link #13
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryota
cant recall which ep you mean.

but is it the ep were asuran didnt get his justice yet?
During those episodes he had Justice, they're just wondering if Justice had joined the fight yet (if you watch Seed, he joins the battle near the end of the first defense of orb). I'm still trying to find the scene in seed where you see that sort of scene from another angle.
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 18:59   Link #14
MikeMania

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
Er, you make it sound it was a deliberate act on Kira's part to kill innocent civillians.

I would call it "collateral damage" instead. Kira (in Freedom) was doing his best to fend off the Earth Alliance.

I personally wonder why was only Freedom shown and not Justice, perhaps the whole mess occurred before Athrun decided to join in?
well no, but shinn would still be pretty pissed......
MikeMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 19:09   Link #15
kuroitatsu
Über Alles

Send a message via AIM to kuroitatsu
or they could have created Shin to be another test for Kira or something. This series has no problem killing characters so im just thinking that they could have made him the main character for now
kuroitatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 19:36   Link #16
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryota
Ehh Justice was blown to peaces to blow up the GENESIS...

And how could Shinn give Kira a hard time? He was so surprissed about how powerfull the 2 Zaku's from Yzaak and Asuran were, how on earth can he deal with a Freedom WITH that Neutron-jammer-canceller (dont remember the name)... the other gundam still uses phase shift

But back to the topic, i think Asuan will help Zaft right now, cuz that's were he is now. Kira will probably begin as the 3rd party and only do his "protecting stuff"... like the whole world XD

So i do think Asuran and Kira will go different paths for now.

Zaft: Talia-Minerva, Asuran-Saviour, Yzaak-Zaku, Deakka-Zaku, Shinn-Impulse, Rei-Zaku, Lunamaria-Zaku, clone Lucas
Earth: Girty Leu, Gaia, Chaos, Abyss, CAGALLI with pink gundam
3rd Party: Kira-Freedom, Lucas-Pink_shuttle and all other SEED characters :P
Not a chance. I just don't see Cagalli fighting besides the trio with Bogey One. If she did, it would be Strike vs Impulse tho which would rock but no.

Bogey 1, Minerva and Joule (Yzak/Deakka) team are in space.
The EA trio launches into battle.
Minerva team with Shinn launches along with Yzak in his ZAKU.
Strike launches from Bogey-1

Shinn: WTF? It's a copycat Impulse! I'll show that imposter! (races over to confront it)
Yzak: OMG it's the... SSSStrike! (rushes over at an insane speed with beam weapon drawn. Slices Strike in half)
Yzak: yes, I finally killed it, I'm good!
Shinn: Good work Yzak.
Yzak: (turns his head and see Impulse) Nani? Another Striiiikee? So many...must destroy!
Shinn: No I'm on your side!
Yzak: (Yzak slices Impulse in two with his weapon) Heh, I ain't the commander for nothing.
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 19:50   Link #17
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaco
Not a chance. I just don't see Cagalli fighting besides the trio with Bogey One. If she did, it would be Strike vs Impulse tho which would rock but no.

Shinn: WTF? It's a copycat Impulse! I'll show that imposter! (races over to confront it)
Yzak: OMG it's the... SSSStrike! (rushes over at an insane speed with beam weapon drawn. Slices Strike in half)
Yzak: (turns his head and see Impulse) Nani? Another Striiiikee? So many...must destroy!
Yzak: (Yzak slices Impulse in two with his weapon) Heh, I ain't the commander for nothing.
Hahaha, I laughed. "SSSStrike!"
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 19:51   Link #18
Demon-Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaco

Damn i laughed so hard when i read that.
Demon-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 21:32   Link #19
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Do we know that it was Freedom that caused Shinn's family's death? It could've been one of the other ones...Calamity most likely. Freedom was just the last thing we saw before the explosion.

You only assume that Freedom was firing at Calamity and Calamity was firing at Freedom. But in that shot, Freedom is shooting all its cannons...and he only did that to take out large numbers of grunt EA mobile suits...never against a single opponent.

Still doesn't change that Shinn will probably go bonkers when he sees Freedom and will mos def get pwnd when he tries to fight Kira.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 22:00   Link #20
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Good point with the full gun firing only to target massive cannon fodder mobile suits and not a single opponent. Usually Kira only fired his two upper guns (and usually at Forbidden, who deflected them). Or his bottom two railguns at major opponents. I'd say only Kira knows the answer lol. Shinn didn't see Freedom fire directly as he was reaching for the cell phone and looking down. Still, he knows damn well what Gundams were flying around that day and one must have been responsible so just destory any of them if they ever reappear.
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote