4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.17%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-19, 20:19   Link #341
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Graham fought with a Flag, but only got lucky twice. All the other times, because he was too absorbed in "Gundam!", he got whooped. Ali, however, consistently kicked the Meisters' asses. And with Lockon, it was more of a stalemate. Daryl coming along went in Ali's favour. And for the record, Ali, in his Enact, got defeated once. I didn't see him losing consistently with his Enact. Unless you were watching something else.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 20:22   Link #342
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Graham fought with a Flag, but only got lucky twice. All the other times, because he was too absorbed in "Gundam!", he got whooped. Ali, however, consistently kicked the Meisters' asses. And with Lockon, it was more of a stalemate. Daryl coming along went in Ali's favour. And for the record, Ali, in his Enact, got defeated once. I didn't see him losing consistently with his Enact. Unless you were watching something else.
I think with or without Daryl entering the battle. Ali would eventually find out the weak point of his attack anyway, it wasn't that much of a difference. Sure pulling a beam saber unexpectedly does help, but that does not change how one-sided it is.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 20:22   Link #343
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

While it is natural to assume that the Gundams, especially 00 are still superior to the general mass-production models for both GNXIII and Ahead especially in their specialized combat purpose, I think it's important to note that it's not like GNXIII and Ahead are slouches either.

This episode did make a noted emphasis on the teamwork that was the prime factor in the victory against the 2 GNX-IIIs, and Barack did show a good performance in his Ahead against Seravee.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 20:23   Link #344
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
But remember that Ali fought in a Throne, a Gundam. And Ali lost to Setsuna at Azadistan and at their first encounter he lost to Setsuna, so you can't say Ali constantly won
Also please recall when Graham got owned besides the first encounter, even that is arguable.
Old 2008-10-19, 20:26   Link #345
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Quote:
...You're...joking, right? The 00 can blast apart Aheads with a single shot. If Graham fights Setsuna, he'd be fucked, no questions asked.
If an Ahead isn't enough they will just build a more powerful mobile suit, if that ain't enough they will build another, etc....

They will just keep on trying until capture and/or destroy the all Gundams. Like an annoying itch that won't go away. hehe
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 20:26   Link #346
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
While it is natural to assume that the Gundams, especially 00 are still superior to the general mass-production models for both GNXIII and Ahead especially in their specialized combat purpose, I think it's important to note that it's not like GNXIII and Ahead are slouches either.

This episode did make a noted emphasis on the teamwork that was the prime factor in the victory against the 2 GNX-IIIs, and Barack did show a good performance in his Ahead against Seravee.
Very much agree. And even when they got owned, the 2 GN-XIII's that got double-teamed by Allelujah and Setsuna this episode were able to block the attacks on them. It was only unfortunate that the GN Lances can be overpowered by the Gundam's melee weapons.

And considering how long 6 GN-XIII's managed to hold out against 3 (later 4) Gundams in action, despite having to wade through a constant barrage of beam fire, people aren't really giving them the credit they deserved. Sure, they all went down, but it's not like they didn't put up a hell of a fight.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 20:28   Link #347
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Ali has killed more than 1 Meister. Granted, one was hand to hand (Mikhail Trinity), but the other two were in Mobile Suits, Lockon and Johan Trinity.

Btw, anyone notice how Ribbons basically has now a personal army that is 40 million strong? Compared to Celestial being that basically amounts to an endless supply of pilots. They may not have 4 million mobile suits, they do have a lot of replacements for casualties.

CB is in for one heck of a war lol.
Old 2008-10-19, 20:28   Link #348
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
But remember that Ali fought in a Throne, a Gundam. And Ali lost to Setsuna at Azadistan and at their first encounter he lost to Setsuna, so you can't say Ali constantly won
Also please recall when Graham got owned besides the first encounter, even that is arguable.
Okay, retract 'owned', replace it with 'didn't do anything'.

Yes, he fought in a Throne. It doesn't lessen his skill any, and hey, he took down Eins easily. And Drei.

And Ali didn't lose on his first encounter. If I remember rightly, Lockon interrupted.
Old 2008-10-19, 20:40   Link #349
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

I'm surprised that Lockon didn't show cool moments as Praise-Our-Lord. I guess religion always wins, or that Sunrise thinks snipers are pussies.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 20:49   Link #350
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
I'm surprised that Lockon didn't show cool moments as Praise-Our-Lord. I guess religion always wins, or that Sunrise thinks snipers are pussies.
It just wasn't Cherudim's time to shine yet.

Though you forget that Lyle has had more screentime in three episodes than Alle... not to mention what he's gonna be doing next episode

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 20:51   Link #351
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Very much agree. And even when they got owned, the 2 GN-XIII's that got double-teamed by Allelujah and Setsuna this episode were able to block the attacks on them. It was only unfortunate that the GN Lances can be overpowered by the Gundam's melee weapons.

And considering how long 6 GN-XIII's managed to hold out against 3 (later 4) Gundams in action, despite having to wade through a constant barrage of beam fire, people aren't really giving them the credit they deserved. Sure, they all went down, but it's not like they didn't put up a hell of a fight.
That's why I like Gundam 00 the most! The Gundams in this series are not GODS, unlike Gundam Seed/ Seed Destiny (with Mr. Kira Jesus God Yamato). They can win against the other mobile suits, but not so easily.
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 20:52   Link #352
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
Actually, that's the whole point. Lyckon is trying to lay low, play smooth and avoid doing too cool of things that would break his 'MS n00b' image that he's currently maintaining as a double agent.

The only one who wasn't fooled was Sumeragi, who noticing that he has actual abilities, gave him his part of the mission plan rather than just 'get a feel of the battlefield/piloting a MS' akin to Louise's first time in battle.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2008-10-19, 20:53   Link #353
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Okay, retract 'owned', replace it with 'didn't do anything'.

Yes, he fought in a Throne. It doesn't lessen his skill any, and hey, he took down Eins easily. And Drei.

And Ali didn't lose on his first encounter. If I remember rightly, Lockon interrupted.
Graham scraped off some paint that Billy was able to analyze and he also gained valuable combat data which Billy remarked was worth losing the Flag for. So really it was not "nothing".
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 20:54   Link #354
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Data, sure. What Graham did, though, was nothing.
Old 2008-10-19, 21:02   Link #355
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

In all fairness, Graham didn't have a weapon that can actually harm a Gundam besides the plasma cutter. I think he would do much better if he actually has a decent weapon set.

I hope Lyle's abilities will be explained soon. Only newtypes kick ass in their first battle and Lyle isn't one. Maybe he was in the military or something.

Lyle kissing Feldt = a big no no....
Old 2008-10-19, 21:09   Link #356
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Lyle kissing Feldt = a big no no....
Getting slapped = yes yes.
Although I'm pretty sure this is the situation Mizushima has alway been waiting for. He's sitting somewhere laughing at us fan.
Old 2008-10-19, 21:29   Link #357
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Ali has killed more than 1 Meister. Granted, one was hand to hand (Mikhail Trinity), but the other two were in Mobile Suits, Lockon and Johan Trinity.

Btw, anyone notice how Ribbons basically has now a personal army that is 40 million strong? Compared to Celestial being that basically amounts to an endless supply of pilots. They may not have 4 million mobile suits, they do have a lot of replacements for casualties.

CB is in for one heck of a war lol.
When did shooting a guy with a gun become hand to hand combat ?

Is going to be one heck of a struggle for CB in this one. But for that reason should be a fun series.
Old 2008-10-19, 21:32   Link #358
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
When did shooting a guy with a gun become hand to hand combat ?

Is going to be one heck of a struggle for CB in this one. But for that reason should be a fun series.
Not with 00 and "Oretachi wa Gundam da!".
Old 2008-10-19, 21:37   Link #359
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The 40-million wouldn't really matter in the long run of things. The whole point is not to defeat and destroy the Federation, but remove the crux of the government that is advocating for unity through dictatorship. Basically A-LAWs, the arm responsible for the actions and Ribbons, the information control that allows manipulation of events/votes and non-disclosure of horrible draconian actions to the public.

At this point, even with 00, it's pretty obvious that if Ribbons wanted to, he can pool 20 or so Alvatore Mk.IIs to destroy Celestial Being.

Old 2008-10-19, 21:42   Link #360
tbl
Affably Evil

Don't the A-LAWS teach how to shoot a pistol at point blank range?
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote