AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: So what are your favorite seasons xD?
Spring 28 22.95%
Summer 23 18.85%
Autumn 28 22.95%
Winter 43 35.25%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-08-29, 02:10   Link #61
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I thought summer would get more votes >_<

Yummy But as I already said, In my case, I prefer to enjoy it in the shade.

Made me think that I read a recent news about Australia. That skin cancers due to sun exposure is raising again. But I think it's the same an many european countries. At least in France.
Spent around half an hour "sunbathing" with the appropriate measures and I still got burned all over, took me 10 days to recover <_<
Why is summer so cruuuuel!

Quote:
Fall? perfect..no complaints there.
Where did the storms go?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 06:34   Link #62
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Spent around half an hour "sunbathing" with the appropriate measures and I still got burned all over, took me 10 days to recover <_<
Why is summer so cruuuuel!

Where did the storms go?
I'm so scared when I see some of my classmates who already got some brown marks on their skin due to sunbathing :\

A friend told me this morning that she watched a TV debate while I was on vacation, and a doctor said that there is NO measure who protect you at 100% from the problems that sun can cause when a person goes sunbathing.

I on my side am very scared of getting skin problems since I like my skin a lot so I stay in the shade

Well, for the storm, it depends where you live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
Spring? Too boring...Summer? too hot...your eyes actually gets blurry from the heat..Winter? I like snow and everything but its too cold....my feet and hands..ow...Fall? perfect..no complaints there.
It depends where you go. Actually, even during a very hot summer day, it can be very pleasant to stay under the shade of trees in a forest

But if you live in a desert type of area...
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 20:24   Link #63
Traece
:cool:

I myself have always been a Winter person. I was born in the beginning of January so that probably explains a lot. To me the cold weather has always been rather refreshing since I tend to find being hot a very tiring and almost sickening sort of experience. Being hot is horrible, so I hate Summer. =D

Beyond that, there is of course the snow and then even more so the wonderful snowboarding that can be done.
Old 2009-08-29, 21:58   Link #64
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
Winter, definitely. I like rainy days, but I hate having seasonal allergies so Spring is out. And cold weather is always a plus for me.
Old 2009-08-29, 21:59   Link #65
Cipher

Quote:
I'm so scared when I see some of my classmates who already got some brown marks on their skin due to sunbathing :\

A friend told me this morning that she watched a TV debate while I was on vacation, and a doctor said that there is NO measure who protect you at 100% from the problems that sun can cause when a person goes sunbathing.

I on my side am very scared of getting skin problems since I like my skin a lot so I stay in the shade

Well, for the storm, it depends where you live.

It depends where you go. Actually, even during a very hot summer day, it can be very pleasant to stay under the shade of trees in a forest

But if you live in a desert type of area...
can be very pleasant to stay under shades of trees?---that's not real summer...you never had summer, have you? Summer is hot..always hot..Winter is I can't breath! and what's up with the electric shocks? And the wet and heavy clothes? And the most bothersome thing about it is that I have to burden myself everyday wearing more things---I'm a shirt and shorts person..
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 22:14   Link #66
flohtingPoint
Limited Slip

Send a message via ICQ to flohtingPoint Send a message via AIM to flohtingPoint
F1 season of course!

What, thats not a real season? =(
flohtingPoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 13:27   Link #67
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
can be very pleasant to stay under shades of trees?---that's not real summer...you never had summer, have you? Summer is hot..always hot..Winter is I can't breath! and what's up with the electric shocks? And the wet and heavy clothes? And the most bothersome thing about it is that I have to burden myself everyday wearing more things---I'm a shirt and shorts person..
it depends where you live, and where you spend your days

In Slovakia and France, you can have a good time into forest, even when the weather is very hot. Especially when you do picnic under trees beside a stream in mountains!

I don't dislike the hot weather either. I just hate to have to stay under the sun for hours, or to sunbath. Because it's not good for the skin. At least that's what french experts say

But it happened for me a few times to have to stay under the sun for quite long >o<, like during beach volleyball match
Old 2009-08-30, 13:34   Link #68
Cipher

Quote:
it depends where you live, and where you spend your days

In Slovakia and France, you can have a good time into forest, even when the weather is very hot. Especially when you do picnic under trees beside a stream in mountains!

I don't dislike the hot weather either. I just hate to have to stay under the sun for hours, or to sunbath. Because it's not good for the skin. At least that's what french experts say

But it happened for me a few times to have to stay under the sun for quite long >o<, like during beach volleyball match
So you can actually have a cool summer and a warm winter?
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 13:45   Link #69
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Now's the time, we still get 30+ degrees at noon but later on the breeze picks up and the sun goes down! This lasts till late november so you could say we get a warm winter too
Old 2009-08-30, 13:53   Link #70
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
So you can actually have a cool summer and a warm winter?
It really depends over the years =D

This year, the weather was not very, very hot (from my point of view).

It also happened to not have very cold winter. (But not "warm")

In comparison to France, winter in slovakia can be much worse.
Old 2009-08-30, 13:59   Link #71
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Late autumn and winter. Most especially due to skiing and snow, but I also love the cold while hating heat. The weather this year and the former year has been out of whack in that regard with 30C+ summers which is unbearable for me. Freezing cold makes me feel energetic for some reason, there is nothing like ploughing your way through five decimeter snow to the store while it snows heavily, the weak light giving everthing around that glister I love so.

In the cold you can also get away with a blanket and hot tea, in the heat you can't get away no matter what you do. I do like early spring too though, a warm sun coupled with slightly cold air is wonderful during lunch at Uni.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 14:18   Link #72
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
in the heat you can't get away no matter what you do.
Air-conditionning

But some people say that a/c indirectly contributes to global warming.
Old 2009-08-30, 14:47   Link #73
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

^ Air-conditioning is a rarity where I live, unless we count cars, which is actually quite nice coupled with a latenight driving tour. The A/C in my parent's house doesn't reach anymore areas than the hallway, it's more for heat in the winter. It's also expensive and as you mention can possibly contribute to global warming.

And for my apartment, well... I do have a window and a fan...

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 15:16   Link #74
npcomplete

I've read about some research suggesting that the sun is not the root cause of skin cancer. It's merely a trigger or catalyst but the conditions to allow the cancer are setup by other factors like diet and exposure to carcinogens, when they were looking at different responses of various groups of people, factoring out genetics, for the same level of sun exposure.

Of course, just because you won't get skin cancer doesn't mean you won't get blemishes or leathery skin

And the idea of blocking UV rays (from sunblock and regular glass) is a little ironic since our bodies are designed to produce Vitamin D from UVB. And the sun's infrared radiation is also good for your lymphatic system. We are creatures of the sun!

When I started this job some time ago I used to go without sun for days at a time. I noticed that walking outside in the sun felt great after being inside the office for so long. So now I make it a point to take breaks in the sun everyday.

That said.. it's damn hot right now. I sweat every time I go outside during the day. Thank goodness for deodorant

Anyways, Fall/Autumn is probably best for being easiest to live with like Cipher stated.
npcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 15:47   Link #75
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Spring fo sho.

But anything is better than Autumn.
Old 2009-08-30, 17:56   Link #76
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Isn't Autumn the best?

The coolness (Where I live) and the natural state of nature readying itself for sleep and renewal is calming. It's like spring; but without the allergies and the mosquitoes.

I don't really care about the changing colour of the leaves so much seeing slightly bare trees is a nice sight; if only because you never do anytime else.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 18:02   Link #77
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by npcomplete View Post
And the idea of blocking UV rays (from sunblock and regular glass) is a little ironic since our bodies are designed to produce Vitamin D from UVB. And the sun's infrared radiation is also good for your lymphatic system. We are creatures of the sun!
Well, what I meant is not to stay in the shade all the time like a vampire I meant that dermatologists say it's not good to sunbath :X you know, staying for hours undressed under the sun

There is a difference between walking outside, and going undressed to sunbath for hours

Of course, it's not good either to stay in the shade all of time. Actually, I also read that going outside and staying a few min under the sun every day in summer can help the people who are suffering from some stress related skin illness.
Old 2009-08-31, 06:24   Link #78
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
dermatologists say it's not good to sunbath :X you know, staying for hours undressed under the sun
On the other hand, I don't see many people undressed under the trees
Quote:
Isn't Autumn the best?
Really depends on where you live, some seasons can get pretty extreme:
Autumn: storms, hurricanes,cataclysms (floods all over the country)
Winter:blizzards and frostbites for everyone(from -10 to -30)
Spring:let the allergies flow!
Summer:heatwaves...(from 30+ which is normal to 50+ which is meltdown)

Summer is also the season for arsons, most of the country gets burned every year.
Old 2009-08-31, 06:34   Link #79
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
On the other hand, I don't see many people undressed under the trees
[Alert]
Pervert spotted :X
[/Alert]

It depends on what the person wears while standing under said trees No need to be naked to look good and charming
Old 2009-08-31, 10:28   Link #80
Alchemist007
*Author

I like them all, its just I sometimes want one while another is going on. But I guess I'll go with fall since I get to see friends at school after a long break. Crunchy leaves are cool too.