AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-08-30, 13:48   Link #301
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

so i beat shadow impulse or w.e and no hidden characters storys unlocked. do i gotta beat all the storys? >< damn it
Old 2009-08-30, 13:56   Link #302
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
Yeah, you have to beat all the other character stories and that'll unlock Distant Glory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I can't seem to be able to raise their level above my player's...I can still change tactics though.
Buy CPU Level Caps in the PP Catalog under System.
Old 2009-08-30, 13:58   Link #303
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ D'OH! Gotta finish up stories again to get the PP...anyway, at least it's not my exp day today so I don't mind as much
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 01:16   Link #304
Kafriel
Senior Guest

After hours and hours of quick battles, I realized a few things to make the game easier:
1. While chasing, the computer always attacks in the last second, so waiting to see if the screen gets dark (HP attack) or not can get you a 100% evasion rate.
2. Setting tactics to harder modes gives more exp per hit, but if you raise it too high they'll dodge and block like hell, so LV6 (equips high) is good enough to just spam HP attacks and get x10 the damage you deal in exp.
3. You don't have to wait for 3 breaks to get magic pot active, if your opponent is 65 or so they can strike for around 1k bravery per hit, so letting them chase you makes things easier. Beware of Ramuh!
Old 2009-09-03, 02:26   Link #305
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Hadn't been playing this game for a while before the US version came out, I forgot at how scary Inward Chaos really is -_-;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 02:59   Link #306
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Weirdest DP condition EVER: Battlegen in 10 seconds...seriously wtf? I can only guard, wall rush and break, hoping one of these meets the requirements for the specific opponent, and I am lucky enough to get the item.
Also funny is the EX burst in 10 seconds for the first fight of a stage (gotta have lots of EX core accessories...)
After the first chapter of shade impulse and the LV30-40 enemies there, I made sure my warrior of light hits at least 60 before going on to chapter 2

In need of tips to kill Firion, he keeps roping/two-timing me, my Cecil's a poor chaser so auto magic pot's tough to use...anyone know where to get the normal one?

Last edited by Kafriel; 2009-09-03 at 15:48.
Old 2009-09-03, 17:31   Link #307
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Just started playing it myself and I gotta say that the first thing that got my attention was the music that plays while you are going through each scenario.

Terra and Cecil's world map themes sure take me back!

Nostalgia FTW!
Old 2009-09-03, 17:39   Link #308
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Got a message from amazon today saying my special edition is on it's way to me (release in my region is tomorow so whoopwhoop).

Judging from your posts here, it's worth the wait :3 Wanna clobber around with my favos
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 20:41   Link #309
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Hopefully I am going to get it soon if my parents keep paying me for doing minor thing along with a PSP.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 23:48   Link #310
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Just started playing it myself and I gotta say that the first thing that got my attention was the music that plays while you are going through each scenario.

Nostalgia FTW!
That's one thing I really like about the game. I held off on battles listening to some of them when I was doing story mode.
Old 2009-09-04, 00:45   Link #311
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post

Nostalgia FTW!
You'll be enjoying that music a lot, a complete story needs around 3 runs :P
After exactly one week of playing (25 hours) I can say it's by far the best game I've played till now, the difficulty level is high enough to keep me interested and the PP catalog is not as short as it appeared to be at first! My only complaint is the fact that with a LV10 likelihood I got absolutely no bonuses this week
Old 2009-09-04, 06:42   Link #312
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
In need of tips to kill Firion, he keeps roping/two-timing me, my Cecil's a poor chaser so auto magic pot's tough to use...anyone know where to get the normal one?
Firion's a very solid character on the ground but his airgame lacks variety so you should bait him on going to the air most of the fight ~su.

As for Magic Pot (manual), you can get it on Cloud's chapter (second run) ~su.
Old 2009-09-04, 07:22   Link #313
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpjJj1vbp4g
----This Shantotto is powerful o.o;
I tried to use her combo, but I still don't have that blasted bio #_#
Ah ~ I think I need to try practicing that boomerang rod move ~

Old 2009-09-04, 07:46   Link #314
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

I just remembered my newbie days ~su.
HP spamzors!

I'm the Kuja user there ~su.
I'm gonna post a vid of my upcoming rematch with my friend, and I'm not the same as that vid there ~su.
Old 2009-09-04, 13:38   Link #315
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ EX-Death is very hard to use properly, I'd have to measure his reaction time and counterattacks before playing (although I've battled him many times over), how come you didn't have a summon on you?
Thanks for the Firion tips, got my Cecil to 45 now, also found normal pot at Cloud's Beat a LV100 Garland using Squall with a magic pot^^
Instead of using the auto pot, I get mandragora and spam attacks on LV100 opponents with LV6 IQ (High-equips) along with a chocobo down (farming) and a 3x multiplier. Hoping to reach 100 by Monday~
Old 2009-09-04, 21:45   Link #316
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
.... god I hate Sony so much rigth now.

I was delighted .... my collector's edition arrived - a really nice package with soundtrack, artbook and mini strategy guide and stuff (neater then the Crisis Core package) and WHAT DOES MY PSP TELL ME?!
"Update me to 5.50 or I wont start it, betch!"
I'm seriously offended - I buy my games, but I love to play my old PSX games with popsloader .. which is only possible with a custom firmware <.< .. which will be overwritten with that stupid update.
I can play any of my PSone games without an error currently so I don't want to change it .... at leats I heard cfw 5.50 (htm-33 or some bull like that) will be out soon D:
(Hope it's not forbidden to touch that topic o.O')

So I have to wait even LONGER to play it or make an ISO of it and fix it .... I just want to play with my original .... sony please just let me, I'm a goddamn honest paying customer D:
I hate to have a game I was joyed to get and being unable to play it >__< I wanna beat the shi* out of the bad guys! D: I wanna be frustrated too with some of the characters xD *tries to get comfort from the OST*
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 01:02   Link #317
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
^ EX-Death is very hard to use properly, I'd have to measure his reaction time and counterattacks before playing (although I've battled him many times over), how come you didn't have a summon on you?
Thanks for the Firion tips, got my Cecil to 45 now, also found normal pot at Cloud's Beat a LV100 Garland using Squall with a magic pot^^
Instead of using the auto pot, I get mandragora and spam attacks on LV100 opponents with LV6 IQ (High-equips) along with a chocobo down (farming) and a 3x multiplier. Hoping to reach 100 by Monday~
It's one of the set of rules on our vicinity ~su.
Old 2009-09-05, 01:07   Link #318
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
It's one of the set of rules on our vicinity ~su.
Aww, summons are like 1/4 of the fun in a fight...especially those that negate each other (Magic pot->Odin, Bahamut->Leviathan, Carbuncle->Shiva, etc.)

Quote:
at least I heard cfw 5.50
I can play dissidia on 5.0, so I don't think you really need 5.50.
Old 2009-09-05, 16:09   Link #319
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
t's one of the set of rules on our vicinity ~su.

I fought my friend yesterday. It's been a while since I played a competitive playing, so I losed once ;_; After pretty much pwnd him by using a quick ex-form acc set, he forced me to do it without acc ;_;

Guess things really get balanced if you don't put any acc and equipment...Arcade mode kinda sucks because you can't customize your characters at all. During my last fight, I need to manage using Shantotto without her bio :<

So yeah, I think this sets of rule is kinda needed

Old 2009-09-05, 18:55   Link #320
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
I just remembered my newbie days ~su.
HP spamzors!

I'm the Kuja user there ~su.
I'm gonna post a vid of my upcoming rematch with my friend, and I'm not the same as that vid there ~su.
wow jesus... talk about boring