AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-02-17, 10:06   Link #581
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Finally they are confirmed Ibuki , Makoto and Dudley . Ever since the time we already knew about thoses news characters.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 03:18   Link #582
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Makoto as a farmer girl.

Edit:

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2010-02-18 at 03:39.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 09:45   Link #583
Westlo
Lets be reality

Trailer

3rd Strike Crew Ultras.

Makoto Vs Ibuki

Dudley Vs Sagat

Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 10:15   Link #584
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Oooookay. I am now officially hyped for this game.(I still can't help but wonder...Why the hell do we have Dudley???)

I can only pray however that there won't be someone out there who will be able kick my ass like this Makoto player did to his poor Dudley. -Shudder-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxke7BGgMow
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 17:41   Link #585
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ultra's 1 and 2

Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-05, 23:01   Link #586
Westlo
Lets be reality

Off srk.

Videos featuring Justin wong with tutorials on the new 3s chars.

Makoto

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...r-street/62758

Ibuki

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...r-street/62754

Dudley

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...r-street/62756

The 3s crew look strong as fuck... karakusa into ultra? a jump in (yeah I know... mostly useless at higher levels) combo with super and full ultra that's not far off from 70% damage on 1000 health Ryu... dudley smiles into his ultra with dignity? ibuki being able to sjc into ultra? She's practicably Viper with footsies and fast specials... which is like Vipers two weaknesses...

I really doubt these two aren't top 10 characters in Super and that's being conservative.. Sagat and Ryu are getting nerfed and it looks like the balance tweaks to existing characters are minimal.

Oh an in a win for common sense, Ryu's Metsu Shoryuken Ultra is pretty much the same as Ken's Shinryuken, can't combo into the full one. As it should be.
Old 2010-03-10, 00:23   Link #587
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
IGN confirms Hakan, posts trailer

Hakan VS. Juri

Hakan looks incredibly silly.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 02:20   Link #588
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Behold the lolicon Hakan.
Spoiler for Hakan famitsu:
Old 2010-03-10, 17:50   Link #589
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol watched Hakan's trailer :

Ahah his ultras , specially the last . Well , funny ultras and character .
"Looks like it's time to Oil up !"
"I say: Turkish wrestling rules!" Yeah , he's a turkish westler .
Ow , and seems that he'll use the same Blanka's slide (maybe)
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 18:20   Link #590
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Good stuff. Hakan seems like a character who would really annoy people. I'm considering using him.
Old 2010-03-10, 18:34   Link #591
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Ibuki lost her hotness somewhere in the 3D translation D:
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 20:22   Link #592
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well the images of the 3D render aren't final yet. SSFIV is due in Spril there is still time to remodel her face and other features.

Ok Hakan trailer

Hakan - "I LOVE MY DAUGHTERS THEY'RE ALL SO PRETTY!"

Old 2010-03-11, 00:22   Link #593
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
Anybody get SF4 on Iphone/Touch? It's about what I expected. Haven't tried this yet, but I hear Ken can get full ultra off FADC srk without counter hit. At least it's something I can play during break at work.
Old 2010-03-11, 05:55   Link #594
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornix View Post
Haven't tried this yet, but I hear Ken can get full ultra off FADC srk without counter hit. At least it's something I can play during break at work.
Speaking of Ken...

Fierce SRK has full invincibility and Ken gets full ultra1 now off fadc. Coming from the live stream!

Sakura users should also be pretty happy.. she got her jump mk cross up back and she can combo into her new Ultra with ease... jab shoryuken can combo into her ultra fireball..

Rose also seems beastly now... also best thing so far is the removal of trade into ultras.
Old 2010-03-11, 14:21   Link #595
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

I wonder if Hakan takes extra damage from fireballs on account of being oiled-up.
Old 2010-03-11, 16:59   Link #596
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
Man, I wish I had the time to watch the streams. So good to hear that you can't trade hits into ultra. I'm liking some of the new alternate costumes, too.
Old 2010-03-12, 18:04   Link #597
Westlo
Lets be reality

They reckon Sakura is still going to have a hard time getting in, but thanks to her cross up jump mk being back once she's in she's very, dangerous now.

Rose got her godly backdash nerfed, it's like Sagat's now (I think they're exaggerating) but her offensive capabilities are up.

Intial impressions are...

Chun Li, Rose, Sakura, Ken (a lot are saying he'll be at Ryu's level now) are up

Sagat, Ryu, Gen (lol?) are down
Old 2010-03-12, 18:23   Link #598
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Sagat, Ryu, Gen (lol?) are down
Making Gen even worse than before would be idiotic on Capcom's part. Do they not understand the concept of balance?
Old 2010-03-12, 18:36   Link #599
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Making Gen even worse than before would be idiotic on Capcom's part. Do they not understand the concept of balance?
I shall quote the wise words of Ono the great.

Quote:
I asked Ono what balance issues were a top priority for the team, and was surprised to hear there weren't many changes made to the existing characters from SFIV. “We didn't feel the original game was particularly unbalanced. We liked the pyramid of gameplay we built last time around,” Ono said. “This time around,” he continued, “We wanted to focus on sanding down the rough edges where we found them.” When I asked about complaints around the competitive circuit that certain characters were more over-powered or otherwise a bit, well, broken (Seth and Abel were mentioned by some of the tournament players I talked to that Capcom had invited to the event), Ono maintained that he and the team did speak with tourney players fairly often, but that part of the point of the game was to have some characters that were more powerful than others. “We want to maintain that 'rock-paper-scissors' dynamic.”
He needs to go back to being in charge of the music team like he was for 3rd strike, that had dope music. Still SFIV was more balanced than a lot of fight games. You even see Japanese Claw players doing well against S tier Sagats. lol @ tourny players complaining about seth and abel? wtf? why would japan complain about them since he's console only. And abel? lol. He's very solid but he's nowhere near overpowered.

I think the top 3 of the original 25 characters in Super will be Chun Li, Akuma and Sagat. Ryu and Sagat got nerfed hard but Sagat was that far ahead he's still going to be top tier. Akuma seems untouched apart from taking out his roundhouse st jab loop which was unfair against Sagat, Chun Li's new ultra is more comboable than the first Rufus ultra.

Rufus got toned down ex messiah kick and snake strike, gief got his lariat hitbox fixed. Boxer, Blanka, Bison and Viper look intact, just new ultras to give them options. With all that info I'm pretty sure top 3 from the original 25 is Chun, Akuma and Sagat. Unless Ken like got an akuma like sweep, fixed target combo, sped up roundhouse like 3s, medium kick + overhead like 3s (horrible change it was in IV) and a new move (roll? air throw? crazy kicks? hatchet kick?) which was promised than it should be that.
Old 2010-03-12, 19:49   Link #600
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ I'm not surprised that Ono didn't give a proper answer. Part of the point of the game was to have some characters that were more powerful than others? That is such a BS excuse. You won't have a "rock-paper-scissors" when the top tiers dominate the rest of the cast. Do you think that someone will ever pick Gen in a SF4 tournament? No, because he's absolute garbage.

Tags
capcom, fighting, ps3, recycling, windows, xbox360