AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-03-25, 11:45   Link #6181
ndqanh_vn

Uhm...may not be the place to ask, but do we have any information about what Ryukishi is going to release next?
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 22:26   Link #6182
AlexiaCarcera

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn View Post
Uhm...may not be the place to ask, but do we have any information about what Ryukishi is going to release next?
All I know is that he probably won't release anything at C80, since it was canceled due to earthquake and such.
I can't find much of anything on official site/diary so I'm pretty curious too.

Also, somewhat related to topic, I'm half wanting there to be a patch during my spring break but half not wanting there to be since I have lots of work I need to finish.

Last edited by AlexiaCarcera; 2011-03-25 at 22:39.
AlexiaCarcera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 23:18   Link #6183
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
So... anybody want to guess what cries next? I'm guessing "When Porcupines Cry".
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 23:37   Link #6184
Ansuz

Ok, I would like to order all of the Umineko no Naku Koro ni Sound Novel installments (I already found where I can do so... I think) I would just like to make sure I can actually, you know play them. I know about Witch Hunt. So, what, I just buy the games, download the English Patch's, then... Well, then what? Some help would be appreciated ^^'
Ansuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 23:49   Link #6185
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansuz View Post
Ok, I would like to order all of the Umineko no Naku Koro ni Sound Novel installments (I already found where I can do so... I think) I would just like to make sure I can actually, you know play them. I know about Witch Hunt. So, what, I just buy the games, download the English Patch's, then... Well, then what? Some help would be appreciated ^^'
http://witch-hunt.com/stage4.html
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 23:58   Link #6186
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
So... anybody want to guess what cries next? I'm guessing "When Porcupines Cry".
山羊のなく頃に (when the goats cry).

Quote:
You set your computer to Japanese locale. You might need a program like appelocale to do that. But you won't need that if you downloaded the one with the installer. The manually installed patch should contain a guide for how you change locales. If you run into any trouble you can ask someone here for help. They're pretty quick with fixing errors.

Witch hunt also has a download version that you can purchase if you're interested in that too. http://witch-hunt.com/download.html
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 00:07   Link #6187
AlexiaCarcera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
山羊のなく頃に (when the goats cry).
ウサギのなく頃に (when the (moon)rabbits cry, takes place on the moon)
Old 2011-03-26, 00:09   Link #6188
Ansuz

Ok, so, I can feel safe about buying the games? I mean, it may take some help from someone here, but I will get to play it if I follow the right instructions?
Ansuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 00:16   Link #6189
Sherringford

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
When The Readers Cry? Wait, that was Umineko.

Jokes aside, if he went horror-mystery...the next one would be sci-fi? So "When Nobody Can Hear You Cry."

...No that sounds really bad. Uh...okay let's see.

When the....

Spoiler for long list:

cries.

If any of those turn out to be right, I'm going to say "I knew it!" as if my guess was completely calculated.
Sherringford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 00:39   Link #6190
AlexiaCarcera

Quote:
Ok, so, I can feel safe about buying the games? I mean, it may take some help from someone here, but I will get to play it if I follow the right instructions?
Yes, you should be fine.
Old 2011-03-26, 01:18   Link #6191
Dlanor .A. Nox
The Death!

I was thinking Ookami No Naku Koro Ni. Something set in the north a person can dream right? Afterall a wolf can cry.
Old 2011-03-26, 02:44   Link #6192
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

"When Doves Cry"
Sonozaki Futagotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 08:18   Link #6193
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonozaki Futagotachi View Post
"When Doves Cry"
Featuring soundtrack contributions by Prince: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucZRore0-EE#t=01m04s
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 08:38   Link #6194
Sheep_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlanor .A. Nox View Post
I was thinking Ookami No Naku Koro Ni. Something set in the north a person can dream right? Afterall a wolf can cry.
He already did something kinda like that with Ōkami Kakushi though.
Old 2011-03-26, 10:23   Link #6195
Milfeulle9001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep_ View Post
He already did something kinda like that with Ōkami Kakushi though.
Except that one doesn't exist.
Milfeulle9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 10:24   Link #6196
kilika0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonozaki Futagotachi View Post
Hi Yoyoenix91,

More recent versions of ONScripter-EN for Windows store saves under AppData because Windows Vista and later are very picky about allowing non-Admin users to create new files under Program Files. Since your games are on an external drive, that shouldn't be a problem.

If you want to have your saves go into the same folder as the patch, make/edit a "ons.cfg" file in the same directory as the Umineko patch with the following line:
Code:
save=.
Replace the "." with something like "mysaves" if you want them to go in a subfolder of the patch. You can copy the savefiles from the "Umineko7" folder under AppData to this new place, and the patch game should find them okay.

Uncle Mion
Is there some documentation for the full list of supported options in ons.cfg? As I haven't managed to find any on your site.
kilika0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 10:28   Link #6197
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milfeulle9001 View Post
Except that one doesn't exist.
I've always wondered... Is the visual novel of Ookami Kakushi as crappy as the anime? Or was it just a bad adaptation? Perhaps someone who's actually played Ookami can answer.
Old 2011-03-26, 13:51   Link #6198
Roto

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilika0 View Post
Is there some documentation for the full list of supported options in ons.cfg? As I haven't managed to find any on your site.
Documentation is one aspect that still needs some work, unfortunately. For now, the comprehensive reference is the output that is produced if you run `onscripter-en --help` from the command line (not sure if there's any way to get it on Windows):

Spoiler for ONScripter-EN usage:

In the ons.cfg file, you'd write the option without the -- at the beginning, and in the format of option=value for things that take arguments.

There's some information with nicer formatting in the Mac OS X help for ONScripter-EN: http://roto1.net/ONScripterHelp/config.html

It focuses more on the options that are most useful, so it isn't a comprehensive list. It also is a little bit out of date at the moment in terms of what's available (new scaling options.)
Roto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 16:06   Link #6199
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
I've always wondered... Is the visual novel of Ookami Kakushi as crappy as the anime? Or was it just a bad adaptation? Perhaps someone who's actually played Ookami can answer.
I didn't play it. But I heard that in the game the story used routes to show you what was going on from the perspective of multiple characters and in the anime they lumped it all together revealing spoilers to early, messing up the adaptation etc. Like how they made Nemuru suspicious and revealed she was the wolf scythe thing right at the beginning.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 05:23   Link #6200
ndqanh_vn

Quote:
I didn't play it. But I heard that in the game the story used routes to show you what was going on from the perspective of multiple characters and in the anime they lumped it all together revealing spoilers to early, messing up the adaptation etc. Like how they made Nemuru suspicious and revealed she was the wolf scythe thing right at the beginning.
For the same reason I don't wish to have Umineko Chiru adaption...

For Chiru especially, all adaption will be bad adaption.
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation