AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-04-12, 16:40   Link #6281
Red_blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
...as I explained before, we never condoned that and certainly won't, unless if the circumstances regarding such patch are different. Thefore, I explicitely mentioned that we will not support such thing, nor will make a script for it.
We obviously expect people to ignore what we have to say regardless (and soon after such expectation, some people did anyway *sigh*), although I didn't expect a translation group doing that.
So, what are you going to do about this situation?
Red_blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 16:44   Link #6282
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

There is nothing we can do with those doing the english one, aside of enforcing our policies. It is preposterous to expect people to nicely cease that kind of things.
As for this "incident", I guess we will have a discussion with 07th Inquisition sooner or later.
Old 2011-04-12, 17:33   Link #6283
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Dammit, I always get so excited when I see that Klash has posted in the Translation Patch thread
Old 2011-04-12, 19:55   Link #6284
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
...as I explained before, we never condoned that and certainly won't, unless if the circumstances regarding such patch are different. Thefore, I explicitely mentioned that we will not support such thing, nor will make a script for it.
We obviously resigned ourselves as some people will ignore what we have to say regardless (and soon after such expectation, some people did anyway *sigh*), although I didn't expect a translation group doing that.

It isn't like we are going to literally witch hunting people doing that, it is -their- responsibility after all. Although, I can't consider that to be a good decision from a translation group.
I have to ask out of curiosity, but which "circumstances regarding such patch" are you referring to that would have to be different?
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 21:50   Link #6285
Boinciel
Mii~

Those circumstances would have to be similar to the Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua patch. The person trying to use the patch would have to have an actual copy of the PS3 version, from which the data would be automatically extracted and converted right on the person's computer. The installer/converter program would have no copyright-infringing data, and only use the input data from the PS3 disc. However, this is currently not feasible to implement. The audience of people with a legal copy of Umineko, a legal copy of the PS3 version, and a Blu-Ray compatible disc drive is quite small at present. It would not be worth the effort to write a conversion/insertion program, and I'm pretty certain the Witch Hunt knows this.

Last edited by Boinciel; 2011-04-12 at 22:05.
Boinciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 05:11   Link #6286
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You read my mind: that's exactly the only circumstances we would work on such patch, and it is irrealistic to proceed in such venture.
This is the reason why I mentioned previously that it would be a different matter -only- if there is a PC port of Alchemist version, as making a patch requiring the original PS3 Blu Ray disc is unfeasible.
Old 2011-04-13, 10:58   Link #6287
FrostbiteKelvin

Exclamation

Hi, I'm one of the members of the 07th Inquisition, known as Ronove in the forums and I'm in change of "foreing affairs" (I know... sounds silly...)

I was told about this project yesterday and was posted by one of our mid-ranked members 2 days ago. I haven't had time to investigate about this topic since one of our members decided to start his own PS3fication of the novel using WH's, Ars Magica's (Italian translation group) and our scripts to do so, once we deal with this traitor I'll give you all the proper explanations.

Yours faithfully
Ronove
Foreing Affairs
07th Inquisition
FrostbiteKelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 12:38   Link #6288
Swigun
Ars Magica Translator

I was told about this project today, the Ars Magica group didn't know anything and we'd like to remark we're not involved in this.
Old 2011-04-13, 16:42   Link #6289
zampalior
Spanish Inquisition

Well, I'm another member of the 07th Inquisition, and I believe I've talked some times with Chrono so he should know who I am, but for the rest, I'm in charge of our Internal Affairs.

I heard about this project today, and It's true that it probably was made by one of our lower members, so, given my position, I'm obviously partially responsible for it, even though he did it without my/our permission.

So, I want to use this chance to apologize to WH and Ars Magica who have become involved in this mess, We are truly sorry, and I want to assure you that even if such a patch was made, we would only use our version, (otherwise you would be asked permission), and It would only work with the original game, so we would be promoting the game's sales in the west. Even so, this is only an idea, and we are still really busy trying to finish When They Cry 3 flawlessly.

Yours Sincerely
Zampalior
Internal Affairs
07th Inquisition
Old 2011-04-13, 16:48   Link #6290
FrostbiteKelvin

Hello everyone again.

The culprit I was talking about exposed (for Spanish speakers): http://07thinquisition.foroactivo.co...expuesta#14534
Ok, now I'll be taking this case of the 07thIn's PS3fication of Umineko. I should have answers soon.
FrostbiteKelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 22:38   Link #6291
navitaro

Amazing! xDDD
I didn't expect that he would confess to soon. Truly, that was a good work of that detective xD
Old 2011-04-15, 11:46   Link #6292
Dza9000

Hey Witch hunt first I'd just like to say thanks for all your hard work for working on the Umineko games.

I'm a first timer here so i don't know if i should ask this but, I'm having trouble trying to put my Umineko game on my PSP i found the Instructions however GUI is not opening up, it keeps saying a file is missing or corrupted, I'm using windows 7 on a Japanese all in one.

If there's anyone that can help me out I'd be most grateful.
Dza9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 12:38   Link #6293
ThousandKakeras

Hello Witch-hunt, thanks for the hard work and I am looking forward for the ep8 release.
ThousandKakeras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 17:13   Link #6294
xjimmyx

arigatou

thanks for the traslation
this is a big job

I have a question

you will translate rewrite?

sorry for my bas english jajaja
xjimmyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 22:15   Link #6295
lesengirz
Detective

ZzzzzzzzZzz Fan translation its serious bussines, I mean, the guy just ripped the BGM,OST,VOICES, etc and wanted to make a patch to get a best experience in the PC version, I mean, most of the people that i know here, (you know who you are) download the friking game instead of buying it, and then, they come here and download the patch and enjoy,
I don't see much of a difference regarding the ps3 version, as many of you know it's now hackeable and i admit i downloaded it and have been playing the ps3 version, so what's the difference now? Lol

there was some translation project for tales of vesperia for the ps3 version aswell so ah...

meh
lesengirz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 22:34   Link #6296
Keriaku
Thought Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesengirz View Post
ZzzzzzzzZzz Fan translation its serious bussines, I mean, the guy just ripped the BGM,OST,VOICES, etc and wanted to make a patch to get a best experience in the PC version, I mean, most of the people that i know here, (you know who you are) download the friking game instead of buying it, and then, they come here and download the patch and enjoy,
I don't see much of a difference regarding the ps3 version, as many of you know it's now hackeable and i admit i downloaded it and have been playing the ps3 version, so what's the difference now? Lol

there was some translation project for tales of vesperia for the ps3 version aswell so ah...

meh
It has more to do with the integrity of the translations groups themselves. I dunno about the others, but Witch Hunt has been acknowledged by 07th Expansion themselves and are releasing it here in the form of digital downloads. Why would they allow people to openly discuss and perpetuate pirating of the series?

I've seen the PS3 'upgrade' of the PC version, and I really appreciate it. But I don't agree with putting up the whole thing as a download, especially as the only way to use the patch. 07th Expansion, Alchemist, and all the other producers (composers, anyone?) deserve our money. I wish the patch makers would continue their work but in such a way that you need a copy of the game first. Maybe they could keep the first arc as a demo?
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 22:47   Link #6297
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Honestly, I'd like for this PS3ification patch to be something you buy to download, since we're apparently being screwed out of a localization.
Old 2011-04-17, 23:05   Link #6298
Keriaku
Thought Being

That actually makes the most sense, but I see no way that would work with Alchemist.
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 01:05   Link #6299
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriaku View Post
That actually makes the most sense, but I see no way that would work with Alchemist.
Playstation network maybe? I've noticed several people have said they'd buy a PS3 if they could buy the game in english.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 03:55   Link #6300
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Problem is more fundamental.
SCEA's president doesn't want VNs ported to NA PS3.
So there's just no chance unless it became suddenly overly popular.
If it was a psp game, it'd be much easier.

If anything even niche publishers like NISA refuses to deal with Umineko.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation