AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-17, 02:02   Link #461
Lost

^ I'm afraid I dont understand. Mushishi movie 2?
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 04:29   Link #462
lommm
l'homme de lommm

i second that emotion... mushishi movie 2?????????????
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 05:42   Link #463
shengin_shadow
the forth hokage

ooo new dvds iv never seen
shengin_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 07:48   Link #464
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm
i second that emotion... mushishi movie 2?????????????
Sorry, post wasn't meant to be taken seriously: The completely fictitious idea of, in the event that Mushishi movie 1 is such a resounding success, they make a movie 2, and cross it over with a live action Kino no Tabi movie. Once more, apologies for what false-hopes or misunderstandings I may have raised.
Old 2006-08-17, 07:59   Link #465
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector
Sorry, post wasn't meant to be taken seriously: The completely fictitious idea of, in the event that Mushishi movie 1 is such a resounding success, they make a movie 2, and cross it over with a live action Kino no Tabi movie. Once more, apologies for what false-hopes or misunderstandings I may have raised.
Mushishi's Journey eh? I'd be interested to see who they cast as live action Kino.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 14:00   Link #466
AisuruMirai
箱者

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm
okay then, does anyone know how i could get a super high res copy of an episode on my hd so i could work with it to print for myself?

as in, i can't very well take a still from the regular raws or the subs because the encode res is too low to print much larger than a standard monitor size.

or does anyone have suggestions on how to do this without an super high res raw?
If you're going to print it yourself, you can't do it much larger than monitor size, anyway, right? So I'm guessing you mean take an image to a shop to have it printed. If you create a vector graphic, then you can upscale it to any degree w/o any loss of visual quality. Find someone who has Adobe Illustrator CS2 & have him or her do a Live Trace in color, w/ lots of colors. (I just--a few minutes ago--attended on online seminar about Adobe Production Studio, in which Jason Levine explained how to create vector animation, by batch processing video stills in Illustrator CS2.) It could literally take only a couple of minutes to do an image; more likely, though, it'll be this plus hours of editing anchor points & direction lines. Muir Woods was/is working on a vector graphic of Tanyuu, using Photoshop vector masks apparently, & he could maybe give some advice. By the way, do you have a particular image in mind?

では、
アイスル未来
AisuruMirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 14:15   Link #467
AisuruMirai
箱者

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianna
Has anyone viewed the Mushishi dvd that came with the 06.05 issue of Afternoon
It has commentary from Nagahama and Nakano - Wonder if it's exclusive to that dvd only--
It may be the same commentary that's on this DVD:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AisuruMirai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster
http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept...id-1004472501/

I've been checking out some of the DVDs on yesasia and came across this ^
Can anyone tell me what is contained on those DVDs or at least what it says in the description? A summary would be fine. My Japanese is sadly limited to smatterings of kana so I have no idea what it's all about. All I know is that it doesn't seem to be part of the anime episode releases since I think the vol 6. is the last volume for the anime episodes(limited edition wise).
The DVD contents list goes something like this, I think. It would take me a huge amount of time to translate the description, I'm sorry to say.

--------------------
Contents:
1. Mushishi Digest
2. Mushishi DVD 5 prerelease party (Mushishi feast) images
3. Photo gallery of endings
4. Introduction of & brief commentary on all 26 episodes' main characters

Bonus audio:
Audio commentary by director Nagahama Hiroshi and seiyuu Nakano Yuuto

Bonus disc content:
Video compilation of all 26 endings

Extras:
1. Specially made figure
2. Specially printed flyer (Mushi Cage(?) Newspaper)
3. Set of 3 postcards
4. Limited edition 12 inch Ginko action figure
--------------------
かなぁ。
アイスル未来
AisuruMirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 01:23   Link #468
gianna
gigi

Quote:
It may be the same commentary that's on this DVD----

かなぁ。
アイスル未来
Says their two names so that is probably it Thank you--

lommm---
What about the postcards included with the limited edition dvds I have seen just those for sale on Yahoo JP auctions before Those could probably be enlarged quite a bit
gianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 12:25   Link #469
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
If you're going to print it yourself, you can't do it much larger than monitor size, anyway, right? So I'm guessing you mean take an image to a shop to have it printed. If you create a vector graphic, then you can upscale it to any degree w/o any loss of visual quality. Find someone who has Adobe Illustrator CS2 & have him or her do a Live Trace in color, w/ lots of colors. (I just--a few minutes ago--attended on online seminar about Adobe Production Studio, in which Jason Levine explained how to create vector animation, by batch processing video stills in Illustrator CS2.) It could literally take only a couple of minutes to do an image; more likely, though, it'll be this plus hours of editing anchor points & direction lines. Muir Woods was/is working on a vector graphic of Tanyuu, using Photoshop vector masks apparently, & he could maybe give some advice. By the way, do you have a particular image in mind?
Hmm, I don't know what kind of specific advice I can give to lommm should he decide to vector, considering I'm pretty inexperienced in it as well. Here are two (of many) general guidelines I mainly followed regarding the vectoring process. 1, 2. I relied on more of the latter than the former. But I think you have already surmised what goes on at the heart of vectoring: "hours of editing anchor points & direction lines". Vectoring is not a difficult precedure per se; the concept and steps are simple, but they just needed to be repeated many times with a lot of delicate adjustments, so it is very time-consuming. Patience and diligence are paramount. lommm, if you have any particuliar questions, I'm (and perhaps along with others are) more than happy to help within the best of my meager abilities.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 19:39   Link #470
chriscosz
Wanderer

Hello,

I saw these two pictures, and had to share them. My apologies if you've already seen them.

chriscosz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 20:38   Link #471
dxgarten

Thank you for the picture, chriscosz. It's really appreciated. Now, I think Ginko looks a bit off but maybe I'll change my mind once I see another shot of him from different angle.

I think the white hair looks funny on Joe Odagiri and he looks quite different from Ginko. I want to see Ginko's trademark silly grin.

Nui, on the other hand, is perfect. I love her kimono and the way she holds the pipe. Judging from the picture, it seems this will mostly be a story of Ginko's origin.

Last edited by dxgarten; 2006-08-23 at 22:43.
dxgarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 21:21   Link #472
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Wow. Nui looks wonderful. I really want to see this now.

I agree with you on Ginko, though. I'm assuming they're using a wig for his hair. It's not quite stark white enough, and Ginko doesn't really keep it swept to the side to cover his eye. It's more like he just parts his bangs so he can see out of his good eye. And his stubble is black. Don't know if that's a valid complaint, since we don't know if all of Ginko's hair is white (or do we?) And where's his cig? I'm not familiar with the actor. Is he large enough to play Ginko? How's his voice and acting ability?

P.S. About the anime, did it bother anyone else that Yoki didn't look anything like Ginko? The way Yoki's hair fell and the shape of his jaw were completely different pre- and post-Ginko/Tokoyami dealio.
Old 2006-08-23, 22:59   Link #473
gianna
gigi

(been trying to post this all afternoon -_-)
I posted that image of Nui earlier She is absolutely gorgeous
Please go here http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/007306.html
and then the rest of the images here http://www.cinempire.com/multimedia/mushishi/index.html
I could look at those images of Nui all evening--

And is that Tanyuu Hmmm Do you think she should have worn a wig

Am I the only person who likes Odagiri for the role of Ginko

Last edited by gianna; 2006-08-23 at 23:12.
Old 2006-08-24, 04:44   Link #474
wao
OK.

Oh my god! I don't know about Joe Odagiri, but that Nui is perfect! It's like the ultimate jaw-dropping perfect cosplay, in a way... that still... She got the mood and the look and everything right, IMO. Damn!
Old 2006-08-24, 08:52   Link #475
chriscosz
Wanderer

Thanks for sharing all those pictures gianna. I don't know about others, but I'm feeling fairly optimistic about the movie. Joe Odagiri looks convincing as a wandering Mushishi, and Kourou is dead-on to the image of him I had in my mind. Nui, as others have said, is fantastic. My only worry is that it looks to me like they cast Tanyuu a little too young. I'm afraid that what I saw to be a mature, mutually shared relationship between her and Ginko in episode twenty might be turned into a one-sided longing or crush in the movie.
Old 2006-08-24, 09:45   Link #476
kuromitsu

I think they both look great. Nui especially, but I like Ginko, too. His hair may not be completely white (and his eyes aren't neon green either), but I think this works better in live-action. He looks more naturally unnatural (if that makes sense). I hope any CG they'll include won't be too obtrusive...
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 10:09   Link #477
Cal-Reflector

Ec hoing the above sentiments about the casting: Niu does, at first glance, look spot on, and Ginko's not bad. Indeed, the choice for Tanyuu looks rather young (she coulda played a good Renzu Obaasan though), but the key for both Tanyuu and Ginko, I suppose, will be whether they can bring their laid-back, smug, and resigned personalities across.

The rainbow man... the CG quality might be the key for that section of the story.
Old 2006-08-24, 11:00   Link #478
chriscosz
Wanderer

From these stills we can assume that the three stories that will be told in the movie will be The Rain Falls, A Rainbow Forms, The One Eyed Fish and A Sea of Brushes. If the director wants to have enough time to tell each story properly, I think that these will probably be the only three stories included.

In terms of the choices made, they were pretty wise to choose these three stories. Among other Mushishi episodes, The Rain Falls, A Rainbow Forms is fairly light-hearted, The One Eyed Fish is darker and provides background development for Ginko and A Sea of Brushes has a balance of light and dark and creates a good ending.
Old 2006-08-24, 14:28   Link #479
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Awesome. With his five 'o clock shadow, and his shabby clothes, I think they intepreted Ginko to be more rugged than he appears in the manga and anime, which is plausible, considering he travels a lot as Mushishi. And agreed, Nui looks perfectly portrayed. As for Tanyuu, I just hope that the actress captures the mature and languid charm of her character.

Hmm, doesn't the "Gin" in Ginko mean silver? Which is why I've always thought that Ginko's hair is/should be silver in color (which the LA Ginko hair does resemble), not plain white. And I would've prefered if Ginko's eye have a slight green tinge.

Last edited by Muir Woods; 2006-08-24 at 14:47.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 17:05   Link #480
gianna
gigi

Yes I thought that too about his rugged look I think it's appropriate
Though I do hope to see him clean shaven with that nice coat on once lol - I can't even remember at the moment if he does wear that in the stories chriscosz mentioned above

Oh yeah Just saw on ANN (from two days ago) Mushishi volume 1 will be released on 1.30 for $12.95

Tags
drama, historical, seinen, supernatural