Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-24, 09:54   Link #301
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
The most I can pull to vote from ASuki is probably less than 10 people. xD )
Well, I am actually voting as "Benjus" so you can increase that number by 11.

Anyway, Hooray for Haruhi's victory.

Again, only one vote for me today and that vote goes to my favorite character in disgaea: Etna

Go go go crazy demon girl !!!
Old 2006-08-24, 09:55   Link #302
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I did, in the end, end up voting for Warashi - and got crushed in the inevitable landslide I knew was coming.

I'm kind of torn today - on the one hand, I really want to vote for Fuji-nee, but on the other hand, it' s a pain to register to vote for a character who (I would think) has little chance of advancing. None of the Otome girls today really interest me, I might vote for Etna (though I vastly preferred Flonne).

Arimfe (or anyone else who knows) - what are the chances of Fuji-nee even being in the running based on previous rounds?
Old 2006-08-24, 10:14   Link #303
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

Awww....so close, yet so far. But at least chibi Reinforce did her best. She'd given Haruhi such a hard time. Not bad for a minor character, eh? For a moment there, I was sure she'd surpassed Haruhi . But the result is to be expected.

Anyway, not much change in Alicia's voters.
Old 2006-08-24, 10:34   Link #304
Furudanuki

Quote:
Yakumo and Alicia won in landslides, but while Haruhi's win margin was relatively comfortable, her votes seems to have decreased from the qualifiers. (I pat myself on the back for warning Haruhi-ists in the SuzuHaru section against complacency, or the margin would have been even narrower. lol ......
I think that you were on the right track with "complacency". The general concensus seemed to be that Haruhi was going to win in a walk, so the turnout was probably lower than it might have been in a more hotly contested match. And the lyrical girl has very loyal support, so its pretty much a given that a character from that series will make a respectible showing.

Picked two winners yesterday! Even if they were big favorites, I'll happily take whatever success I can get. Can't work up any enthusiam for today's groups, though. Almost every entry is someone I don't particularly care about, or is from a series that I have not seen (and I will not vote for a character from an anime I have not watched because while cute is nice, most of what I consider moe~ has more to do with personality). I'll probably wind up picking one of the Gokujou Seitokai girls in the last group and take a pass on the rest.
Old 2006-08-24, 10:43   Link #305
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
I did, in the end, end up voting for Warashi - and got crushed in the inevitable landslide I knew was coming.
It's still good that you voted for who you wanted to vote for.

Quote:
Arimfe (or anyone else who knows) - what are the chances of Fuji-nee even being in the running based on previous rounds?
They aren't too shabby actually ^^;;
Based on qualification rounds:

Sayuri had 290 votes in 1st qualification round in group 12, 9th place, if she had 2 more votes she would have tied 8th and qualified directly to the finals.
In 2nd qualification round she had 209 votes.

Taiga was in group 8, 311 votes, 6th place in group.

Maachi was in group 13, 355 votes, 10th in her group. 18 votes from a tied 8th.
In second qualification she got 236 votes.

Anything can happen I'd say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei
Awww....so close, yet so far. But at least chibi Reinforce did her best. She'd given Haruhi such a hard time. Not bad for a minor character, eh?
Her fans did a good job, I'm sure she would have been very proud of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by rei
Anyway, not much change in Alicia's voters.
Alicia went from 626 to 661. Not much but she did uphold the Aria tradition
Aria sure has some very dedicated fans, very reliable. Though now we have reason to suspect their limit is at about 700 votes.

It's going to be interesting to see how Shizuru can match up compared to Alicia.
The fights in brackets E1/E2 that I look forward to the most is
Alicia vs Shizuru round 2
Yakumo vs Mikuru round 2
Haruhi vs Yuki round 3
and of course... the big E1 E2 clash...

(above is only my guessing of who will meet who of course)

This is such an interesting bracket after all

Last edited by Arimfe; 2006-08-24 at 10:57.
Old 2006-08-24, 11:02   Link #306
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Shizuru-oneesama!
And Haruka, just because.

For Group 54: I'll just say "Megane, megane, megane.."
Old 2006-08-24, 11:35   Link #307
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
The numbers that Arimfe provided show she has a chance, plus she gets a big bonus in this particular matchup because the Gokujou Seitokai voting block is almost surely going to split since the series chibi-meido (Maachi) and meganekko (Sayuri) are going head-to-head.
Old 2006-08-24, 11:45   Link #308
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

If anyone is watching the 2ch discussions on Saimoe, I'm curious whether anything has been said about our (Asuki denizens) involvement in the voting...

Picks for 25th: Miyu, Shizuru and Maachi

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-08-24, 11:46   Link #309
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Ouf... Haruhi Win , sorry Reinforce II

Now time to vote, Miyu (Sorry Haruka), Shizuru (Sorry Etna) and Taiga (Because Fate Stay Night)

*Run to Vote*
Old 2006-08-24, 12:18   Link #310
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arimfe
They aren't too shabby actually ^^;;
Based on qualification rounds:
Sayuri had 290 votes in 1st qualification round in group 12, 9th place, if she had 2 more votes she would have tied 8th and qualified directly to the finals.
In 2nd qualification round she had 209 votes.
Taiga was in group 8, 311 votes, 6th place in group.
Maachi was in group 13, 355 votes, 10th in her group. 18 votes from a tied 8th.
In second qualification she got 236 votes.
Anything can happen I'd say.
Hmm, guess that means I'm probably going to register for the code then, but the more I think about it, Fuji-nee will probably be my only vote, none of the other characters really interest me very much (though I have seen all of those shows except for this one: Altessa - Fushigiboshi no Futagohime Series). I would have thought Maachi's voting would have been much higher - is Gokujou Seitokai just not that popular?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki
Picked two winners yesterday! Even if they were big favorites, I'll happily take whatever success I can get. Can't work up any enthusiam for today's groups, though. Almost every entry is someone I don't particularly care about, or is from a series that I have not seen (and I will not vote for a character from an anime I have not watched because while cute is nice, most of what I consider moe~ has more to do with personality). I'll probably wind up picking one of the Gokujou Seitokai girls in the last group and take a pass on the rest.
I knew E block was going to be tough on me. The only consolation is that it's Mikuru's and Yuki's block - and I would think that Mikuru would be a pretty heavy favorite to advance (along with Haruhi herself, of course).
I can't imagine voting for a series I hadn't actually seen - but I see most of the series, so I guess that's less of a problem for me. I do usually try to check out characters from series I haven't seen, but only because it might interest me in watching the show - Wiki is your friend. Plus, for some shows (like Otome) I need the wiki to keep who's who straight. I accidentally voted for Souseiseki once thinking it was Suiseiseki because I didn't check.

Actually my favorite moe factor (I don't really have one overriding moe factor - just a couple of smaller ones) is a good ojousama laugh. So it'd be pointless to vote on it based on appearance anyway - now if I could find a website that had sound bites that'd be a different story.
Old 2006-08-24, 12:39   Link #311
aeroshadow
?

Send a message via AIM to aeroshadow
@Muir Woods: If I came off as harsh and offensive, I'm sorry.

On another note, Alicia is a massive, hulking powerhouse.
Old 2006-08-24, 12:39   Link #312
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
The numbers that Arimfe provided show she has a chance, plus she gets a big bonus in this particular matchup because the Gokujou Seitokai voting block is almost surely going to split since the series chibi-meido (Maachi) and meganekko (Sayuri) are going head-to-head.
If it turns out her opponents mostly shared the same voters they had in the qualifications and that the voters will be split, then that gives Taiga good chances. This would be the best scenario for Taiga.
Whether or not this will happen is still too early to tell. As panzerfan mentioned in last page, it could also go the way of strategic voting. Since they are fom the same series.

Here is an example of a successful strategic voting when it was needed:
Ruuko 303 votes
Chikaru 500 votes -strawberry panic series
Kagome 94 votes -strawberry panic series

What becomes of strategic voting when it's not needed(and possibly also example of negative voting among the series' own fans):
Chidori 275 votes
Gin-sama 693 - Rozen Maiden series
Kanaria 470 - Rozen Maiden series

Right now I still think anything can happen.
Old 2006-08-24, 17:30   Link #313
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Ultimately subjective.
True, but read this and this, and connect it to the latter part of what I wrote here.

Anyways, enough about that, as this thread has greatly injured my will to write here in Animesuki. Not much interest for me in the recent rounds. Fujioka Haruhi and Momo are only two characters left in the first round that'll garner my vote.
Old 2006-08-24, 18:19   Link #314
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Yakumo and Alicia won in landslides, but while Haruhi's win margin was relatively comfortable, her votes seems to have decreased from the qualifiers.
As predictable as these results were, I am extremely happy since three of my very favourite characters have all had sound victories (to understate it). Particularly Yakumo. Since Renge got knocked out she's well and truly my favourite character in this comp, and I'm desperately hoping she gets as far as possible.

Other than Shizuru, who'll most likely walk home, winners are hard to pick in the next three rounds. I'm tentatively predicting Haruka, Shizuru and Taiga.
Old 2006-08-24, 20:52   Link #315
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Is anyone else timing out when trying to generate their code today?
Old 2006-08-25, 01:54   Link #316
Bloodseeker

Miyu must die! Gogo Haruka!
Old 2006-08-25, 03:32   Link #317
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Haruka is Moe
Vote her

Old 2006-08-25, 04:44   Link #318
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

I'd have voted for Haruka but the voting process is too much of a bother. That's why I haven't voted for anyone, I'm a spectator

But vote for Haruka, people
Old 2006-08-25, 08:44   Link #319
Rin-Sama
Banned

Vote For Asa Sept. 15th!!!!! She Needs Every Vote She Can Get!!!!
Old 2006-08-25, 09:26   Link #320
Furudanuki

Quote:
Judging from yesterday's results I was actually right about that one. :: pats self on back :: Looks like the Gokujou Seitokai contingent did not follow the strategic voting plan like the Strawberry Panic folks did earlier. No win for me yesterday, but today should be better. My voting ticket will be Asahina Mikuru, Amakase Miharu, and Nagato Yuki.
Closed Thread