AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-03-24, 17:55   Link #1301
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Volume 3 ch4 Sophia was telling Ellen she and Tigre couldn't be together. And even before that everyone was denying that they could get together. I mean Lim and Teita are there too but his interest is clearly in Ellen and vice versa although even Ellen denies her love herself and it just leaves me like wtf
Old 2013-03-24, 18:09   Link #1302
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
Volume 3 ch4 Sophia was telling Ellen she and Tigre couldn't be together. And even before that everyone was denying that they could get together. I mean Lim and Teita are there too but his interest is clearly in Ellen and vice versa although even Ellen denies her love herself and it just leaves me like wtf
Is politics. If he start carrying away a Vandis it could have huge implications for Ztched. Or worse, several of them. Not only this would cause an issue in Brune (In theory, he is suppose to be marrying Regina), it would make the king's paranoia go overboard.

He already is deeply distrusting the 7V's loyalty, especially Ellen's record of ignoring or force re-interpretation of royal commands. If Tigre manage to bag Ellen (or even worse, do a threesome with Ludmira), the king probably order his death, international incident or not.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 18:19   Link #1303
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Do you have the line?
Old 2013-03-24, 18:44   Link #1304
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

@Archmage but he already has most of the vanadis on his side at least where I'm at he's "bagged" three? So you're saying that because of politics they can't be together? Wtf man

@Athena
Quote:
“If we had fallen in love... Would you have stopped Ellen?”
Sophie nodded slowly.
“That is correct. Whether it be as Vanadis or not, I think of Ellen as an important friend. Still, it is a big issue. As an aristocrat, even amongst your friends, do you not separate personal and private affairs?”
v3 ch3 not ch4 my bad
Old 2013-03-24, 19:03   Link #1305
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
@Archmage but he already has most of the vanadis on his side at least where I'm at he's "bagged" three? So you're saying that because of politics they can't be together? Wtf man
Clearly affectionate: Ellen, Ludmira and Olga
Clearly friendly: Sophia, Sasha
Possible trying to be friendly: Elizaveria (the Whip girl)
Dangerous: Valentia (Plotting to use him)

And yes, it is politics. The king is a old man with a belief any moment a Vandris with a magic weapon can de-throne him. And only thing holding these power hungry teenage girls from sitting on his chair is the tradition of Vandris obey-the-king.

Tigre is a young, virile man same age as the girls.

He already manage to lure Ellen to his side. Now he manage to make Ludmira fall in love as well. (remember, the King is counting on the fact Ludmira and Ellen are enemies that can be used to kill each other if one of them aim for his throne)

So...now if Tigre want to gun for the Ztched throne, who will stop him?

Sasha is in no shape to do anything, Sofia isn't an general (and she probably can be brought to the side line by Ellen and Ludmira), Olga won't attack oni-chan (and judging by the spoiler in the story, probably think Tigre could make a good king)

So in the end, he have to count on Elizabvria (who apparently got this dark,evil magic that may be dangerous), or Valentria, (the girl who IS actively plotting to overthrow him)

So yes, Tigre CANNOT be with Ellen, not unless he is willing to go all 9 yards and claim the throne for himself.

Of course if he did, he better be ready to please the entire harem.
Old 2013-03-24, 19:54   Link #1306
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

So from reading that @archmage I really want Tigre to be king lol but I've been wanting that since v2 which I read bout an hour or two ago lol I'm currently on v4 ch4 lol gotta ways to go lol
Old 2013-03-24, 19:55   Link #1307
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
So from reading that @archmage I really want Tigre to be king lol but I've been wanting that since v2 which I read bout an hour or two ago lol I'm currently on v4 ch4 lol gotta ways to go lol
I only want him to become king if he earns it. That'll likely mean he weds Regin, takes control of Brune and starts uniting the continent first.. Pisses off a lot of people and has to make sacrifices ..
Old 2013-03-24, 19:59   Link #1308
noobarta

Quote:
“If we had fallen in love... Would you have stopped Ellen?”
Sophie nodded slowly.
“That is correct. Whether it be as Vanadis or not, I think of Ellen as an important friend. Still, it is a big issue. As an aristocrat, even amongst your friends, do you not separate personal and private affairs?”
Oh WHOA o_O they changed bits and pieces of the Vanadis after I read it so missed that part about falling in love with each other. The time I read it the words said something akin to "If I had gotten to close to Ellen" or placed his faith too much on Ellen then Sofia would be forced to step in.

Amazing how a few new words in the right place can change everything XD
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 20:02   Link #1309
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Aye, agreed. The thing about Madan no Ou is that most of its characters follow a more realpolitik line when it comes to affairs of the world. Which is as it should be in-universe.

Zhcted has its Vanadis and the Viralts but they're not all-powerful in spite of everything. Its king is more paranoid than all our mothers put together; he just does his best Gendo Ikari cool-dick impression while he's at it.

Brune has its heavy Frankish cavalry, as well as its Two Treasures, but it's internal situation is pretty royally screwed, pun intended.

Muozinel has a massive army as far as we've seen so far, and it seems their only Achilles' Heel is their not-so-awesome navy.

Asvarre is described to be a viable ally to Zhcted despite being in a massive civil war, so you can bet your bottom dollar that for all the mess they're in they would still be a formidable force on the battlefield and off it.

And then there's Sachstein and whatever faction you want to call Ganelon and his demon friends right now. We haven't the foggiest what they're up to or what they're capable of. Okay, fine, the latter tames dragons. That's bad enough already, granted that one or two dragons can mow down an entire formation of soldiers.

Whatever the case may be, the balance of power is awfully delicate. Tigre is a rising star on the scene: he wields the Black Bow, is a brilliant general, and worse he's just drawing powerful women in left and right. I think the king of Zhcted has a lot of reason to be worrying about him granted that his 7 best commanders are all powerful, ambitious women, not all of whom like him very much. Luckily for him they don't all like each other either. Phew!

And then there's Ellen's own personality to consider. The Vanadis as far as I've seen are at the very least loyal to Zhcted or their own people even if they don't like the King himself. Any half-assed attempt at taking power is going to mess their country up - and right now they don't need that. Ellen's sense of duty is particularly strong, as is her pride. She'll go the whole hog or not at all, and she'll need a very good reason to do it. That's a rare opportunity to have in a game of politics.

In fact, I think the whole relationship thing was actually easier to solve a few volumes ago (naturally counterfactual, they weren't even that close then). But now that Zhcted has pissed off Muozinel and Tigre is too important to ignore 2 wars later, everyone's either going to be gunning for his services...or gunning for him. Same for Ellen, granted that he is her guest. Being in the spotlight sucks, I guess.

But it's okay. Doesn't anybody appreciate the story of star-crossed lovers anymore? It's just that in this case they're being realistic about it rather than outright trying to oppose the will of the world at large in every thing they do (the dumb choice really, only mitigated by the fact that not all universes are so 'hard' in their nature.) I think everyone here with a pair of Shipping Goggles(tm) manufactured in the last 10 years is rooting for Ellen and Tigre at least somewhat (or Tigre x harem, whatever the case may be); the world's opposition is only going to make this trip more interesting, not worse.

Last edited by XenahortCharybdis; 2013-03-24 at 20:10. Reason: For dragons and shipping!
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 20:24   Link #1310
Athena
The Power of One

BTW, is it possible to enable comments? I found one/two typos I think, could point it out while reading.
Old 2013-03-24, 20:26   Link #1311
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Crikey, there are typos? I blame the various 1am finishes.

I think that's fully possible. Just, uh, gimme two minutes in real time. Done.
Old 2013-03-24, 21:08   Link #1312
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

yea, there was two "of of" somewhere, and a spelling error I spotted. Otherwise, pretty good work. You folks certainly grasp more details than I did.

Also, anyone remember if there were any details on Elizabetha (Whip girl)'s mysterious power?

Anyway, I hope the black bow come with a stamina boost, because if he have to "thank" all his generals after the coup, something tell me the girls wouldn't be so generous to let the other girls to "go first"

The man wouldn't live pass night 1.
Old 2013-03-24, 21:28   Link #1313
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

@xera well I really hope Tigre becomes king of something cause with this sh*t storm headed his way he's gonna need to do something big like hopefully he peacefully finds a way to united the countries like you said or maybe just conquer them all. Either way I'd kinda like to see some relationship happening but I'm guessing that won't happen for a long time given the circumstances. I'm really starting to hate politics both in the real world and in this LN...makes me wanna kill someone and blame it in my PTSD lmao
Old 2013-03-24, 22:01   Link #1314
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
yea, there was two "of of" somewhere, and a spelling error I spotted. Otherwise, pretty good work. You folks certainly grasp more details than I did.
Aw, shyte. Okay, Thanks for highlighting that, just mark it with a comment, I'll get to it shortly once I'm done exhausting these fanfiction ideas!

Quote:
Also, anyone remember if there were any details on Elizabetha (Whip girl)'s mysterious power?
Besides her motivations for getting it (oh, Ellen. Your personality is such a problem) and that it's very mysterious indeed, not really. Might need to look at V5 again though.

Quote:
Anyway, I hope the black bow come with a stamina boost, because if he have to "thank" all his generals after the coup, something tell me the girls wouldn't be so generous to let the other girls to "go first"

The man wouldn't live pass night 1.
I dunno. So far it's been pretty draining for him to use it. But hey, maybe he'll develop a higher level of stamina afterward from the constant use. I agree that it'll come in handy if the realities of being a badass in alternate-universe-medieval Europe is going throw the whole toolbox into any potential monogamous relationship.

Quote:
Either way I'd kinda like to see some relationship happening but I'm guessing that won't happen for a long time given the circumstances. I'm really starting to hate politics both in the real world and in this LN...makes me wanna kill someone and blame it in my PTSD lmao
The relationship business is happening, it's just that it's an undercurrent right now - it's quite a refreshing change from the usual trend where relationship flags get thrown around like we're at the Hague For the Single-Young-And-Desperate or something. That Ellen pretty much burns inwardly the whole chapter is progress in my opinion as far as this series is concerned, and I believe that patience will be rewarded eventually. Keep dem shipping goggles on.
Old 2013-03-25, 05:18   Link #1315
cramped
asexual, cynic, pessimist

Argh, cram school and lack of sleep is really tiring. I need STARBUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, on to the main issue the name of the vanadis Elizavetta or whateverr I don't understand any more since in the CH one it write Elizabeth. ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cramped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 07:58   Link #1316
Tru3Ph03niX

Lol by the looks of what ive read in spoilers this arc is gonna land Tigre 3 girls. (Sophiya, Olga and the princess of Asvarre)
I ship Harem end.
Tru3Ph03niX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 14:33   Link #1317
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramped View Post
Ok, on to the main issue the name of the vanadis Elizavetta or whateverr I don't understand any more since in the CH one it write Elizabeth.
It's Elizaveta. Both the color illustration of volume 6 and the Japanese spelling of her name (エリザヴェータ) support this. Since you're translating from Chinese, it's likely the translator's own lack of knowledge in English.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 19:48   Link #1318
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Well guys I finished reading up to v5 and I must say this novel is not what I was expecting especially it being a harem I was expecting some comedy although there was very little the relationship progression still advanced as he made 3 vanadis like him as well as the princess and even has a mistress. Although I'm still angry that that Ellen kind of wants to force her feelings down rather than let them surface. But all in all I like the battle scenes and tactics ( even if they do take up half of what you're reading).

I am wondering about his bow and its origins although I'm guessing that'll come later. I am pretty pissed that handling got away and didn't get what he deserved and I was super confused on why that vanadis helped him? But I think I see Tigre becoming a king soon whether it be zhcted or brune. Why zhcted? Well with all the reading I've done it seems the bow is connected to zhcted considering g the now releases a black dragon like aura as well as is deeply connected with their gods so my theory is he might be a successor to the throne of zhcted?

Btw does anyone have any spoilers to v6 for me? And will someone please make these girls admit their feelings!? I know it's lovey do eu stuff but it all makes us go "awww" and I think it's about time this LN got one of those lol
Old 2013-03-25, 22:51   Link #1319
cramped
asexual, cynic, pessimist

Okay, once again I will say patience is the key to success lol. XD
Furthermore, I think I will slap post it on BT later in the day, still the TL notes need to wait since I can't remember which part needs it.

Last edited by cramped; 2013-03-26 at 00:59. Reason: Updating the status
cramped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 01:52   Link #1320
whitecloud

tigre will be the king of the world...and die being killed due to lack of stamina by his 9+ harem (7 vanadis, brune queen, asvarre princess, muozinell maybe?)

his wedding gift will be stamina drug XXXL+
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)