4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.98%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.98%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.99%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.97%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-08-03, 09:34   Link #21
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

After i saw what kind of past Sasori has i kinda feel pitty for him....but at the beginning i thought he killed his parents then i saw they have been killed by kakashi's father....
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 09:34   Link #22
zanar

Send a message via MSN to zanar
I gave it a 6. I mean, with an episode titled "Summer Battle", the least we could expect would be for most of it to be action packed, not flashbacks. The flashbacks were good, but they simply don't belong in an episode I was expecting more action from.
zanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 10:27   Link #23
Vicious108

Decent episode. The flashbacks were good, but dragged on, should have made them shorter, Sasori missed his mom and dad, we get the point, no need to show him moving them around for minutes.

Oh, and hooray for Sakura bondage. Btw, good thing she can hold her breath for what... 3 minutes The anime team needs to realize that sometimes they can bore us to death with slow action, but other times it won't make sense. Like when Gai team did that longass ritual while Gaara was dying.

The animation was disappointing, Sakura's constant close ups of her face looked pretty bad. And Chiyo looked like a man in the flashbacks.

Naruto and Kakashi chasing Deidara is so silly it hurts. Deidara throws birds around like there's no tomorow when he's supposed to be nearly out of clay. And then every time Naruto/Kakashi evades them, so the other goes "Naruto!" or "Kakashi!". Jesus...

Ok, forget what I said about decent episode, it was the same as always. 5/10
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 10:40   Link #24
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Great episode. Only complain i've got that the flashbacks could been quicker.
I'm being nice and give it a 9 today.

Oh and i must certainly agree that the old songs from Naruto Part 1 was a lot better.
Goddamn i miss songs like Glued State and survival examination... and the rising fighting spirit

Last edited by Cheezy; 2007-08-03 at 11:24.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 10:50   Link #25
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Great hour episode, everything was well timed, the second episode being entirely dedicated to the Chiyo_Sakura VS Sasori was good. The Naruto part was relevant too, and we can still see our hero being fairly naive compared to Kakashi.

Gai fights were pretty good, except for Tenten's bit. Someone said: "Tenten... well, it gets as interesting as two girls throwing stuff at each other." It summarizes it pretty well.

All in all, good episode, and definitely worth watching. 8/10.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 11:03   Link #26
Covenant

At least the Sasori/Chiyo-Sakura fight is going faster then it did in the Manga.
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 11:19   Link #27
ghstwrld

These episodes were average at best. Normally, I would have given them a 4 or 5, but studio pierrot has the audacity to dub these "special". I foolishly was expecting them to go all out or at least match the other specials from part 1.

1/10
ghstwrld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 12:29   Link #28
Bombermanofdeath
Ultimate Noob

I thought it was pretty awesome for a Shippuden episode. I don't really understand what everyone is complaining about with the whole "storyline needs to go away" They did this in part one, in fact I remember whole episodes based on flashbacks. It sets the mood for the characters. This isn't claymore or bleach. There won't be action every second of the episode.

Anyways, anyone else think Sakura looked awesomely bloodlust crazy at the end of the episode?
Bombermanofdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 12:48   Link #29
zetsumei

Basically have the same opinions as everyone here, this wasn't a bad episode. The change of pace did stop this from being a really good episode. Nothing new though, letting everything dragged out too long...has been the main point of complains.

I do get the feelings that the pace is picking up though, just a little bit but it's still progress.

Anyway, I give it a 7.
zetsumei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 12:48   Link #30
SpecterVR
Calming Everyday Life

Man you guys simply can't be satisfied....
I loved this episode, Give it a 9/10. The flashbacks were quite welcome as its all NEW material, though sakuras flashbacks were irritating, but expected.
SpecterVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 17:33   Link #31
Jechtsphere
The Black Swordsman

Send a message via MSN to Jechtsphere
Gave it a 7, this fight is gonna drag out for a while...at least this one was a double ep.
Jechtsphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 17:49   Link #32
ghstwrld

How do you guys feel this special compares to the previous ones in the series?
Old 2007-08-03, 17:55   Link #33
witchking99
Lord Of Spoils

Huh!!!!? Hey what happen to the rest of the posts in this thread.There's several pages missing here.
witchking99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 18:19   Link #34
gibits
Endless

any episode with Sasori is a win. If only all fillers were like this then part 2 wouldn't suck so bad.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 18:28   Link #35
Vicious108

Now correct me if I am wrong but... in the manga version, wasnt it implied that Sasori killed his parents in order to turn them into puppets? Been a while, so I cant really be sure, but it just seems to me the "nice kid gone corrupt" impression the anime is trying to give off is wrong. Or is my memory just playing tricks with me? >_>
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 18:37   Link #36
ghstwrld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Now correct me if I am wrong but... in the manga version, wasnt it implied that Sasori killed his parents in order to turn them into puppets? Been a while, so I cant really be sure, but it just seems to me the "nice kid gone corrupt" impression the anime is trying to give off is wrong. Or is my memory just playing tricks with me? >_>
It was revealed in ep.11 that the white fang killed sasori's father. I guessing his mother died in battle as well. Apparently, sasori used puppet replicas of his parents to placate his longing for them, but at some point they stopped fulfilling those desires. Cue decades of terror and self loathing unleashed onto the world.

Last edited by ghstwrld; 2007-08-03 at 20:38.
Old 2007-08-03, 20:59   Link #37
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I didn't think this one was that bad. They did get some good fighting in there. Plus goes to show how intelligent Chiyo is even turning her own arm into a puppet to get in a chakra shield. Definitely a battle of incredibly skilled puppet users. Feel kind've bad for Kankuro since right now he's well away from their league. Probably a good step would be to make his own puppets.

Yeah Naruto....they really are getting stupid at this point. Constantly yelling the same thing. Seriously if they didn't feel like they had to show him in every episode it would be fine to leave him be for a while. Doesn't seem either that Gai's team will be done soon. At this point we could have the Temari reinforcements making it in time to help them out. Haha just imagine her saving Ten Ten.

Guess we found out more about Sasori. One of those creepy genius types. Losing his parents at such a young age and trying to recreate that with puppets. Guy with a sad past that's for sure. Though can't wait for Sakura to knock him through a wall. And damn that Kazekage is going to be tough. Sasori has a ridiculous amount of power since each of those puppets has their own chakra so he doesn't get drained as much as Chiyo is.

Can't wait for next week. This is probably the best Shippuden we've seen so far.
Old 2007-08-03, 21:30   Link #38
Lendial

sasori's backstory was really very sad, it appears kakashi's pa turned him into the monster he is now by killing his folks.
Lendial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 21:40   Link #39
Willowwhisp

I gave the Episode a 7. It wasn't perfect but it was good.

The focus on Sasori's back-story is a major plus for me. The concept of turning his parents into puppets to satisfy his longing for parental affection, it's a mix of touching and creepy.

I liked Chiyo's "puppet arm" idea, as well as the "chakra shields" in the puppets and the general idea that "human puppets can use chakra and techniques". It does make Kankuro look a bit novice in comparison though

The battle animations for Chiyo-Sakura vs Sasori have so far been very nice.

The animations for the clone battles were nice, but as someone else mentioned, they aren't moving the story along at all. At least they kept it to a minimum, a few minutes out of a 40 minute episode isn't too bad.

The bad part though: Naruto, the title character, becoming staler with every passing second. The chase scenes are going nowhere and have thus far taken up more time than they should have. I don't mind one or two shots of Naruto chasing Deidara (with Kakashi in tow), just to remind us what's going on with them, but I don't like the amount of time being dedicated to it. It's also very notable that the animations of Kakashi and Naruto "jumping" through the logs has plenty of 'shoddy animation' moments.
Willowwhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 21:53   Link #40
jc1104

Send a message via AIM to jc1104 Send a message via MSN to jc1104
Usually I'm pretty sick of fillers but like most people said, these were pretty good. One complaint is that in episode 23, the flashback with Sasori playing with the puppets took a bit too long but nonetheless episode was good.
jc1104 is offline   Reply With Quote