4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.98%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.98%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.99%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.97%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-08-03, 23:16   Link #41
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Puppet battle! And why does Deidara keep saying "hmm" or "mmm" at the end of his sentence?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 23:19   Link #42
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ The same reason why Naruto keep saying Dattebayo!, Ayu keep saying uguu~, Suiseiseki says -desu~

Yup... its moe factor !
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 23:45   Link #43
AnbuItachi

better than other shippuden stuff. not as good as last season non fillers. it just moves way too slow
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 00:31   Link #44
Rabies

Yeah, gotta agree that the pace is very slow still. It is starting to pick up though, thank God. I was expecting a lot more action though, and was hoping that Sasori would get offed already so we could see Naruto in action.

I mean, come on. Yeah, I think Sasori is cool. Yeah, it's really creepy when he made puppets of his parents. That stuff was cool, even if the puppet part was a little long. I just want them to either beat him or be defeated by him already though, and then see Nartuo THE MAIN CHARACTER actually DO SOMETHING.

You know, so far, we've been seeing him do a whole lot of chasing. He's looking like he's about to go wild, pulling out tails any second and hurling chakra claws like he did vs Sasuke - but we're still left hanging. I want more Naruto in my Naruto, please.
Rabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 03:27   Link #45
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Well, well. This one was pulled out better than expected.

The fight among puppets was out of this dimension. Surging action and a deserved necessity for flashbacks.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 04:04   Link #46
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

After episode 1-2, these 2 episodes were the best so far. I really liked it. I loved the emotional part of it as my eyes got red ( didnt cry though ). Also the fighting wasnt bad at all. It was really good. BGM was the best and they actually camed up with new stuff which was cool. So in comparasion with other episodes i gave it a 10.
Old 2007-08-04, 10:06   Link #47
Covenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabies View Post
Yeah, gotta agree that the pace is very slow still. It is starting to pick up though, thank God. I was expecting a lot more action though, and was hoping that Sasori would get offed already so we could see Naruto in action.

I mean, come on. Yeah, I think Sasori is cool. Yeah, it's really creepy when he made puppets of his parents. That stuff was cool, even if the puppet part was a little long. I just want them to either beat him or be defeated by him already though, and then see Nartuo THE MAIN CHARACTER actually DO SOMETHING.

You know, so far, we've been seeing him do a whole lot of chasing. He's looking like he's about to go wild, pulling out tails any second and hurling chakra claws like he did vs Sasuke - but we're still left hanging. I want more Naruto in my Naruto, please.
The pacing isn't slow for this specific fight. Trust me I've read the manga and this fight seemed like forever in the manga.
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 11:16   Link #48
inyourmamabed
Yourmama

Im just waiting for the real action to start!
inyourmamabed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 13:56   Link #49
Meloria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
Oh and i must certainly agree that the old songs from Naruto Part 1 was a lot better.
Goddamn i miss songs like Glued State and survival examination... and the rising fighting spirit
Indeed, there's a few good ones here but those from the first were brilliant, after reading your post I'm giving them another listen. They really added something to the first season. It'd be nice if they would reuse some tracks but the flow/style of this series feels different than the previous and, won't fit as well anymore - don't know. These new ones just feel a bit to heavy on the rock side.

Good episode though, seems we might have another two (or three) until the Sasori fight is over but I'm looking forward to the next part! On second thoughts I might collect a few episodes at a time before watching them (3 or 4) since watching the first series in 25 episode sittings was great.
Meloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 16:05   Link #50
stretch87
Anime Addict

- music was good in some parts

- sakura/puppet fight was decent

- clone fights sucked. unimaginative choreography and unimpressive animation made these scenes far from enjoyable for me.

If you think I'm judging this episode too harshly go back and re-watch the naruto vs sasuke fight...
I know this is very far from the worst episode ever, but nonetheless, episodes like this one are not why I watch naruto.
stretch87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 16:08   Link #51
stretch87
Anime Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quakis View Post
... On second thoughts I might collect a few episodes at a time before watching them (3 or 4) since watching the first series in 25 episode sittings was great.
That's what I've been doing. I managed to save-up six episodes including this one before finally cracking. I like watching a bunch of episodes at a time. I have trouble getting into the story if I only get to watch 20 min/week.
stretch87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 19:13   Link #52
Seraphis
Seldom Everything

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
The pacing isn't slow for this specific fight. Trust me I've read the manga and this fight seemed like forever in the manga.
WHAT?!

I also read the manga of this fight, and it gripped me much much more. Even though this is animated them manga seemed to have more action IMO.

Although I thought it was a ok, I was disappointed. I was left with a kind of underwhelmed feeling.

I hope they get the pacing and animation at top quality for the remainder of the fight.
Seraphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 23:16   Link #53
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyourmamabed View Post
Im just waiting for the real action to start!
Oh belive me.. I'm a manga reader too (but nvr really participate in manga discussions) and I'm still waiting for it too
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-08-04, 23:34   Link #54
onepiecelover

omgomgomgomg CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT !! something that was grossly needed in shippuden T_T I am so happy, this episode was the best shipu episode ever, almost good enough to be a naruto pre shippuden episode. I finally saw some hope left in the series and was about to give this a 10 but then I saw the next weeks preview and saw Tenten's stupid ass face . . . THERE IS NO HOPE !! >_< 7 it is
onepiecelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 06:23   Link #55
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Good solid ep. Even got a little pumped towards the end like I used to back in the old days.

Give it an 8 I think.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 08:39   Link #56
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

I gave it a 10 for the simple fact that it was better than all the others (next to the very first episode). So, I'm giving a 10 for their efforts. Sakura had a little Echizen in her at the end though. Mada Mada...

Last edited by tramadrama; 2007-08-05 at 09:00.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 18:38   Link #57
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

WOW somebody pinch me, another GOOD episode of Naruto....Gave it a solid 7 and I prolly was just letting my previous ranking effect me a bit as it might have been even better than that...I mean you guys still giving this ep less than a 4 can ki$$ my a$$ if you don't think Baa-chan and Sasori going super-fast terets-syndrome on those puppet strings wasn't worth atleast a 6 on the ep alone ...

What I really liked about this episode was that it put Sakura in her place before building her back up...Sakura's progress has frustrated me this whole series and compared to Naruto frustrates me even more..I don't give a damn that she trained under Tsunade she still should be the weakest (in terms of her overall combat skills not physical strength) of everyone on this mission and this episode solidyfied that point...Using a bomb-note in a desperate attempt not to die from Sasori's poison is the level of fighting Sakura MUST do to just survive vs. an Akatsuki member...Her getting her butt-kicked and the struggle for her just not to die was real and consistent with my thoughts about her character...This episode made her growth much more acceptable for me and also made the final scene of her punching the mettalic sand-chunks worth it...

As for the rest, yeah the second part of the episode was a bit sluggish and the guys who draw the Naruto-Deidera-Kakashi scenes seriously need a paid vacation as they are making the development increasingly more annoying, but the episode finished very strong...Additionally the Sasori back-story gave him and Baa-chan good character development...The battle is now heightened now that you understand the players and my speculation of Sasori being a puppet seems to have been revealed as true...The puppet-action was boss, and the team Gai stuff was again not annoying and did it's job...Yeah still a very long-winded story-telling arc this is and will remain to be but atleast this week I won't be callin' it $hitpudden...
Old 2007-08-05, 22:20   Link #58
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
I loved this episode because it made all the characters look good, the animation was some of the best I've seen in a while, and it followed up on who Sasori was. It made me want to keep watching more and I hope they keep this up.

9/10.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 02:13   Link #59
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
All I can say was that this episode showed me why Naruto was once my favorite anime. Maybe it did take two episodes to make me get the feeling, but it did. Very solid episode with some Sakura action which is nice.

Spoiler for nothing really, just for those you haven't watched the episode:
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 05:06   Link #60
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ Location. Each of them was sent to North, South, East and West with Kakashi's group stay in the middle to remove the seal. So they are quite far from each other..

2ndly, how do they recognized each other ? They might end up fighting among themselves
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa