AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-08, 04:40   Link #141
Prestige

No...no OP this week?

/wristcut
Old 2009-09-08, 09:05   Link #142
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
No...no OP this week?

/wristcut
and what thats suposed to mean?
Old 2009-09-08, 10:49   Link #143
noktown

Yep there is no OP chapter this week,how can they do this to us ;o
Old 2009-09-08, 12:40   Link #144
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
If i'm not mistaken, he's tying at 56 with Foxy

I'm glad that Foxy's at least slightly below the top 50. I'd imagine that I wouldn't see him at all in any other popularity poll that was taken outside of Japan.....

Anyway, it always amuses me to see that the most popular non-Staw-Hat Supernova after Law and Kidd in Japan is Urouge (I recall the same thing being the case in a poll that was held last year, as well). I guess people really love that monk and that goofy semi-permanent grin of his.
Old 2009-09-08, 13:43   Link #145
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Yep there is no OP chapter this week,how can they do this to us ;o
Oh great, we have upcoming episodes based on the latest cover stories and there's no chapter this week. I hope there's a chapter on the week after. I also hope the animation team waits a little until Brook and Zoro's cover stories have been made. Some progress both sides are making. < grumbling "Sassafrassarassum..."
Old 2009-09-08, 20:15   Link #146
SMASHERJACKSON

since im satisfied witht the filler content this week in the anime i guess it wont be so bad to wait till the weekend for the manga *bolero*
Old 2009-09-08, 20:18   Link #147
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Quote:
Oh great, we have upcoming episodes based on the latest cover stories and there's no chapter this week. I hope there's a chapter on the week after.
Hey at least we've gotten a consistently good story for the last 56 chapters or so chapters. Better than some other popular shonen jump manga's are doing, regardless of the fact oda sensei seems to take at least one week off each month.
Old 2009-09-08, 20:30   Link #148
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
No...no OP this week?
Meh One Piece wasn't even filling me up any wayz. Take your break Oda.

Quote:
/wrist cut
Are you in crisis? Please call 1-800-273-TALK
Are you feeling desperate, alone or hopeless? Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255), a free, 24-hour hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. Your call will be routed to the nearest crisis center to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
and what thats suposed to mean?
It means for Prestige to kill herself or inflect harm to herself.
Old 2009-09-08, 20:34   Link #149
james0246

^Silly boy, you are supposed to read the manga, not eat it. No wonder you've been so upset lately, eating your manga will give you irritable bowel syndrome...
Old 2009-09-08, 20:38   Link #150
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
I'm not surprised about law in the top 10. Ussop can get pretty annoying at times, and law is presented as a "cool" character. I don't expect his popularity to last as a non major character at least for the moment.
Old 2009-09-08, 20:53   Link #151
Big Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashesatdusk View Post
I'm not surprised about law in the top 10. Ussop can get pretty annoying at times, and law is presented as a "cool" character. I don't expect his popularity to last as a non major character at least for the moment.
Usopp annoys me to no end, and i really don't get how anyone can like em :/. Law is the anti usopp, and he is 10 times less annoying.
Old 2009-09-08, 21:01   Link #152
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Don't dis dear Ussop, he's the man, when he chooses to act like it.
Old 2009-09-08, 21:43   Link #153
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Ussop is garbage and is nothing but comic relief [Barely even funny].^
And Oda has been on break giving the fans cannon fodder for the past weeks.
Better step it up

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-09-08 at 22:05.
Old 2009-09-08, 21:59   Link #154
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
Now we know what we are dealing with...

DIE HARD FANBOYS!!

Zoro should be number one easily in the polls.
Old 2009-09-08, 22:00   Link #155
james0246

Damn, I deleted my post only a minute or so after making it, but you still grabbed at it and responded. I don't know whether I should be impressed, or saddened...
Old 2009-09-09, 10:13   Link #156
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

I thought Law would be the most popular supernova too, just not top 10... The ghetto smurf attire and a Sephiroth-like katana is about as cool as you can get for a first impression...

And Luffy being #1 is well deserved IMO. In less than a year since he set out he gathered a wtf strong crew where each member is pretty much the best or one of the best in the entire world at what they do, he saved a princess, he defeated the badass government assassin that could survive a buster call, he defeated 2 Shichibukai in their own territory, he punched a Tenryuubito the fuck out, the hottest captain in the world is madly in love with him, he trashed 2 out of the 3 government strongholds - and is about to take part in the destruction of 3rd one, his father is the most wanted man in the world, his "godfather" is one of the Yonkou, his grandfather is a Marine hero, his older brother is Roger's son, Roger's own second in command has got his back... All this when he isn't even old enough to drink!! Luffy is cool amongst cool, as soon as he masters haki there's no stopping him.

Last edited by aliasxn; 2009-09-09 at 13:37.
Old 2009-09-09, 13:32   Link #157
marvelB

Ugh.... more Usopp abuse. :/ It's a shame to see so many people bash him so, especially seeing as he received arguably the most character development out of the Straw-Hats. I guess some people just have a hard time looking at a character beyond their looks and/or fighting abilities......

Anyway, I'm pretty curious to see what Whitebeard's rank will be when the next poll is taken. He already proved in the span of a few short chapters that he's quite an engaging character, indeed (again, looking past his fighting capabilities here)......
Old 2009-09-09, 14:27   Link #158
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Ugh.... more Usopp abuse. :/ It's a shame to see so many people bash him so, especially seeing as he received arguably the most character development out of the Straw-Hats. I guess some people just have a hard time looking at a character beyond their looks and/or fighting abilities......

Anyway, I'm pretty curious to see what Whitebeard's rank will be when the next poll is taken. He already proved in the span of a few short chapters that he's quite an engaging character, indeed (again, looking past his fighting capabilities here)......
When is the next poll usually taken?
Old 2009-09-09, 15:25   Link #159
Rainbowman

Quote:
Meh One Piece wasn't even filling me up any wayz. Take your break Oda.
You seem to be patient with this progress unlike me who wants the story to get back where it should be in terms of good times. I admire that.

Quote:
Are you in crisis? Please call 1-800-273-TALK
Are you feeling desperate, alone or hopeless? Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255), a free, 24-hour hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. Your call will be routed to the nearest crisis center to you.
This could prove useful if I ever want to talk about Nami (how she is being abused and how I felt her pain in some way). The only thing that gets me concerned about it is: How much will it really cost for such a thing? I hear that hotlines may require payment even if it's free. So how would I know if any hotline is free?

Quote:
Prestige is a female?! Somehow I could never figure out what gender the user is if their avatar is either opposite gender or androgenous.
Old 2009-09-09, 15:40   Link #160
Big Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

lol...I love how you totally disregarded the reasons why we were saying we didn't like him and just added in his looks and fighting ability when NO ONE brought it up. We don't like him because he is an annoying coward....That's all.

Usopp is supposed to be comic relief...but the only time i really laughed at something he did was when he was doing those flips and looked like he was gonna land all proffesionally and landed on his head. I honestly find him the least funny member of the crew...and his cowardice just adds on to this. If he had a different personality with the same skill set my opinion would differ.

Last edited by Big Daddy; 2009-09-09 at 16:55.
Closed Thread