AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-02, 15:27   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Angel Beats! - Character Discussion - Hinata

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Hinata related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Angel Beats fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.
  • Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
  • Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
    • Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
    • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.
    • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Note: Please note that considering how Hinata is much more fleshed out in the Light Novel/Manga, it is very likely that discussions regarding that content will emerge.
Although it isn't revealing any future content of the anime medium, it doesn't mean everyone has read that content yet. So please use spoiler tags, properly labeled with something like "Novel/Manga" or "Track Zero".
Old 2010-05-02, 16:29   Link #2
Kudryavka

Since Hinata had short hair when he got his crack from his baseball coach, he either died quite a while after quitting the baseball team (I'm pretty sure they made him keep his hair short), or he died with it short and he's been in the Afterlife for quite a while. Not a surprise, since he's got his own little prequel series in the illustrated stories.
Old 2010-05-02, 23:17   Link #3
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I really like Hinata, firstly because of his friendly attitude over Otonashi was always thrown as a joke in the anime. But he became my favourite Angel Beats male character especially since.....
Spoiler for Novel spoiler ch 1:

Also i found his Yurippe Index funny. Such a romantic guy....

I hope they will animate the novel soon since it would be too awesome to miss

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2010-05-03 at 01:03.
Old 2010-05-03, 09:10   Link #4
Lukix
. . .

Most liked character of the show by me. I'm really looking forward to see him more ; )
Old 2010-05-03, 19:24   Link #5
Traece
:cool:

So the mods finally caved and created a Hinata discussion thread.

So yeah... That Hinata guy... He's a cool dude, especially when he's standing in the window towards the end of Episode 5 with Otonashi. Badass scene is badass.
Old 2010-05-03, 21:48   Link #6
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

They really tried to hide it in the anime. But it's true that up to ep 5, instead of the obvious Noda, Hinata was the one who actually always been around Yurippe.

He's such an ordinary looking guy. But what's a surprised how much a core member he is...
Spoiler for Novel Spoilers ch 1:
Old 2010-05-04, 16:50   Link #7
Lennstar

After reading the Novel chapters Hinata jumped on the first place in my Angel Beats! male chara ranking. Atm we could call him the "secret male mainchar" coz he´s interesting x3

Old 2010-05-04, 23:38   Link #8
Crontica

Since AngelBeats! Was split into different mediums, Otonashi and Hinata are both protagonists that's why they both appear well rounded.
Old 2010-05-05, 00:08   Link #9
caesarsalad
..is a work in progress!

Hinata~ I love this guy so much, especially after reading the novels. After that he sealed my spot for favorite character, and in each episode of the anime I find myself liking him more and more. He makes me laugh so hard.
Old 2010-05-05, 03:59   Link #10
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsalad View Post
Hinata~ I love this guy so much, especially after reading the novels. After that he sealed my spot for favorite character, and in each episode of the anime I find myself liking him more and more. He makes me laugh so hard.
Totally agree there. He made Otonashi becomes dull somehow (well since novel can explore the character easier than anime also)

Hinata is awesome really. I really want to see the animation of that screen when he is beat up but still with a smile on his face
Old 2010-05-05, 09:02   Link #11
Raiza Sunozaki

I haven't read the novels, but in the anime, I like him. Anime-wise, he's possibly one the best supporting male characters I've seen in a long time. Sure he's the stereotypical idiot, but he's funny, easy to relate to and has several memorable lines... mostly along the lines of insinuated yaoi. Pity episode 3 was probably his spotlight episode, I'd like to see more of him in the anime spotlight.
I personally think he goes greatly with Otonashi, kind of like a bridge between Otonashi's realistic point of view and Yuri's enthusiasm. In fact, I was getting really annoyed towards the end of episode four, dreading that if he disappeared, Angel Beats! would get a lot less entertaining.
One of the reasons I'm grateful for Yui.
Old 2010-05-05, 09:50   Link #12
Spags
Computer Programmer

Send a message via AIM to Spags Send a message via MSN to Spags
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Since Hinata had short hair when he got his crack from his baseball coach, he either died quite a while after quitting the baseball team (I'm pretty sure they made him keep his hair short), or he died with it short and he's been in the Afterlife for quite a while. Not a surprise, since he's got his own little prequel series in the illustrated stories.
Spoiler for From Novel Chapter 1:

"You have your way, I have my way, as for the right way, the correct way, it does not exists."
Old 2010-05-10, 01:12   Link #13
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Hinata, i entrust you to beat up that bastard for me. Please shows him no mercy. It's your duty as a man here
Old 2010-05-10, 10:29   Link #14
Lukix
. . .

Is there anyone beside me who is rooting for Hinata x Yuri? : D
Old 2010-05-10, 10:38   Link #15
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukix View Post
Of course. Hinata is her partner after all

I wish that he will go up and give Yuri a hug after that event in ep 6. Maybe somewhere behind the screen. Then Otonashi will have a puzzled look on his face. And Noda or someone will say: "Don't be surprised, he knew her before any of us"
Then every anime-only audience would have a puzzled look on their face. Because they all thought Yuri is a part of Otonashi's harem

PS: sorry Otonashi, just one chapter of novel and for me you are completely shadowed by Hinata =/
Old 2010-05-10, 18:56   Link #16
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Of course. Hinata is her partner after all

I wish that he will go up and give Yuri a hug after that event in ep 6. Maybe somewhere behind the screen. Then Otonashi will have a puzzled look on his face. And Noda or someone will say: "Don't be surprised, he knew her before any of us"
Then every anime-only audience would have a puzzled look on their face. Because they all thought Yuri is a part of Otonashi's harem

PS: sorry Otonashi, just one chapter of novel and for me you are completely shadowed by Hinata =/
Really? I'd think Noda would be something like: "You bastard! You think you can just go up and hug Yurippe like that?"

Oh, and Otonashi's harem: consists of Yuri, Kanade, Hinata...
Mostly Hinata though.
Old 2010-05-19, 14:25   Link #17
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukix View Post
I just wish I read the manga/novel first. I'm one of those initial impression guy, which drives me to cheer for the obvious pair, but I also wish Tenshi end up with someone too so this works well if it does end that way.
Old 2010-05-20, 16:34   Link #18
Lukix
. . .

So you're saying that most obvious pairing there is Otonashi x Yuri? As long as there are more Tenshi fans it won't work that way, I hope.
Old 2010-05-22, 20:03   Link #19
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Wow, Hinata previous main character?

I'm pretty stumped, usually in animes the supporting male character is a complete fool for joke purposes only. And while Hinata is quite funny, I haven't seen in a while another male cast who is actually "normal" as well as the protaganist. *Is shocked.*

Guess i'm getting used to the typical anime trend. In anycase <3 Hinata. And second has to be TK for being so badass.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2010-05-23, 07:39   Link #20
Crontica

No sheet, i'd have to watch war / reverse harem just to get a balanced male cast. Glad to see the male cast in this series is well rounded.